• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 4 - 550$ pot bonus -Be at venue EARLY! BRING FULL SETUPS(wii/ssbb/tv)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Relax, rob master. Ive been running events in all sorts of venues since 2004, i know what im doing. The room will be fine.

edit: whobo 3 was in a SMALLER room that whobo 4 room.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Relax, rob master. Ive been running events in all sorts of venues since 2004, i know what im doing. The room will be fine.

edit: whobo 3 was in a SMALLER room that whobo 4 room.
Honestly, what Chibo said was one of my first thoughts, but I ALWAYS complain about the venues anyway. Looks like you have alot less wall space for setups and would have to run extension cords to the middle of the room.

Really just depends on what you mean by "fully expanded/open" in the OP.

Drillmaster

Smash Rookie
how big is the actual area of the venue, how many people are expected to come?If anything unexpected happens then this might be a nightmaare, A person makes about 1m^2 and that would still be really ****ing tight, I'm about to put xyro into question here man, I don't trust this.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
how big is the actual area of the venue, how many people are expected to come?If anything unexpected happens then this might be a nightmaare, A person makes about 1m^2 and that would still be really ****ing tight, I'm about to put xyro into question here man, I don't trust this.
Ill answer your questions, the space in the area were whobo 4 is going to be held at can fit about 200 or more people. They do alot of corporate events in this area that get huge turnouts and like xyro said, hes ran plenty of tournaments since 2004 and whobo 3 venue was much smaller so he should be good. Last whobo 3 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12390578 did 139 players so im sure that he is expecting more and should be no problems since the venue can hold more people than the previous room. If anything unexpected happens im sure it will get handled before it gets out of hand. Again, xyro is very experienced tio so im sure he will handle any issues before they pop off. Last thing, I trust this all the way because all whobo events have been a success from whobo 1 getting 140 players to whobo 2 getting 107 players to whobo 3 getting 139 players to whobo 4 getting who knows what amount of players it will pull in.

Xyro77

Holy ****, pwii and tesh just stop. I know what I'm doing and I'm pretty ****ing good at it. Im not gonna hold a huge event in a ****ing pantry. Shut up.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I'm reassured. I'd still like to know what you mean by "fully expanded/open" in the OP. Sounds like you were pre-johning because the room doesn't look very big in the video.

But, "shut up I've been a TO for a long time" more or less answers my question I guess.

Anyone wanna set up some bogus money matches for this?

Xyro77

Curtains(sp?) will be moved, doors will be open, useless stuff will be taken out and the whole room will be arranged.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Didn't Xyro even mention that the room wasn't completely "expanded" in the thread or video? :applejack:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Laughing pretty hard at smashers from Texas questioning Xyro's decisions.

edit: even worse that they are from Houston.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Laughing pretty hard at smashers from Texas questioning Xyro's decisions.

edit: even worse that they are from Houston.
I have no doubts that it will be possible to finish all events on a small room. That wasn't my concern at all.

Anyway, will you be showing another video or pictures of what the room looks like after all of that stuff you said happens?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's a Dave and Busters. If you're not playing a match and feel claustrophobic, go waste some money on the arcade machines.

Come on people.

Xyro77

Good news!!!!!

Registration will go live tomorrow. YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE IF YOU WANT TO BE IN WHOBO 4.

Also, Im adding a pot bonus to WHOBO 4. It will grow every one to two weeks(depending on sponsors and HOBOs) and will be spread out between 1vs1 and 2vs2.

Xyro77

Allan is there an advantage to registering earlier?

Yes.

It allows me to provide the public with attendance figures as well as the chance for you guys to help me fix any pool errors i made. Also, if you do not reg online and try to reg in person, all fees will jump by 10$(so i can go buy me a steak dinner and a prostitute) AND i put you in a random pool with no seeding.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I probably gotta do the prostitute in private like it's a drug though :/

Edit: I'm actually gonna be in the Dallas, TX area in April for my cousins wedding, so two trips to Texas might be tough but I'll see. Might have to carpool with KS. Or find a cheapppppp flight.

Edit #2 I should probably see if there's a tournamnet when I'm coming in April......

Asa

Smash Hero
that`s EXACTLY what i`m doing rofl

o i`m hoping to stay a few days in texas then fly out from there

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I need to know if ESAM will attend this. Also, will there be a price increase for online registration every month? Or will it happen only if you register in person?

Nicole

Smash Champion
august so far away...

also props for having this at dave & busters....dont expect me to be sober much LOLOLOLOLOL
(i kid. sort of.)

is there gonna be a rave!?!?

Xyro77

Nicole, There will not be a rave AT the venue but there are SEVERAL clubs near the venue. Club Legend, Club Onyx and the higher class Suite6224 club.

Reminder, if anybody needs housing, look at the first post. SEVERAL options are available. I will also be renting a room(sat night ONLY) and will be allowing some people to stay in it with me(max of 5). Ill give more details about my room a little later.

Top Bottom