• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Wolf's b-moves.

b: blaster, you can charge it like in assault

>b: homing launcher, like samus's, but it moves faster and has more startup lag, and can turn with a smaller radius

vb: pulls out a grenade. Now before you say "just like link" it doesn't explode in your hand, and explodes a certain time after you let go, not when it hits something.

^b: don't know what this should be (any ideas anyone?)

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
hmm...I think his blaster should be changed into a machine gun instead. Fires a quick burst of three. similar to the speed of falco's laser.
I like the grenade idea but I think a type of mine would be better IMO.
Homing launcher's good, or maybe that could be the grenade. Idk.
hmm...^b: some type of pounce attack maybe. kinda like a mix between C. Falcon's ^b and Fox/Falco's >B.
Anyway, I really want wolf in.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
the blaster stays. but >b can be a maine gun. Or a sniper rifle. Not sure how that would work though. maybe if you press vb he pulls out the rifle and you can aim with ^ and v. you can see a line going accross the stage and when you release, it shoots. High damage.

Stryks

Smash Hero
UpB upperclaw:
Kinda like a combination of marths and marios upb (KINDA), Wolf will propel himself upward makin slashing all the guys that in their way, the attack will give multiple hits, lacks knockback but does a lot of damage (But if u get hit when Wolf beggins executting the attack, at the very start of the move when u get hit the attack gives high knockback damage, kinda like luigis UPb, tough instead of sending the enemy just upward it will send the oponent fliying forward).
On the ground: Wolf will just do a small hop and execute the attack, will not give multiple hits just the strong one hit I mentioned...

B: Machine guns
Like the name says Wolf will take out 2 machine guns and fire a certain amount of shots, would stun just like sheiks needles...
On the air, same effect but unlike sheik, wolf will still shoot forward instead of diagonally down, BUT u can, after pressing B and then rapidly tilting downward, shoot straight down...

<>B: Dash claw
Like the name says, Wolf will dash forward and if connects:
(dont know which Idea to implement)
Will give a ferocios slash, his claws slashing from over his head, then straight down doin like an X, bringing the claws down (dont know if I explained myself XD), well point is the attack would have higher knockback the foxs <>B but would lack dash range, Meaning he wont cover as much distance like the Illusion...
OR
If the attack connects, wolf will do to 3-4 hit rapid combos to the oponents, the last hit giving hight knockback and damage...

Counter-Slash:
Wolf will place himself in a stance where he will wait for the blow, Would work just like marths down B, would take the same amount of time and will give a high knockback atatck after countering and oponents move, the diference would be if wolf gets hit during the time the stance takes, he'll always counter (unlike marth, if he gets hit durin the part of the stance where hes glowing, he'll execute the counter, but if he gets hit when hes NOT glowing, he'll receive the hit)

Dont know if u got all of the moves, im bad explaining things XD...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah theres isnt anything awesome about that, u know if it were a super, attacks like marios super, now THAT is a super, gotta say...
Im pretty sure like a star wolf strike or something would be better...
Still gotta dig my moveset XD

RDK

Smash Hero
Wolf O'Donnel as a Snake clone? What is this forum coming to...

We already have abortion and genocide in this country, we don't need blasphemies like that.

P.S: Stryks, I like your moveset.

Snake clone. BAH!

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I like the whole X-slash thing(<B,>B). I think that would be pretty cool. I still think machine guns would be better than blaster,IMO. Too many people have blasters.

RDK

Smash Hero
O'Donnel having a laser/eye move? Mewtwo's already got it covered with Glare.

Wolf should have the same Firefox Up-B move that McCloud and Lombardi have, but with black fire or something. Just a suggestion.

Stryks

Smash Hero
UpB upperclaw:
Kinda like a combination of marths and marios upb (KINDA), Wolf will propel himself upward makin slashing all the guys that in their way, the attack will give multiple hits, lacks knockback but does a lot of damage (But if u get hit when Wolf beggins executting the attack, at the very start of the move when u get hit the attack gives high knockback damage, kinda like luigis UPb, tough instead of sending the enemy just upward it will send the oponent fliying forward).
On the ground: Wolf will just do a small hop and execute the attack, will not give multiple hits just the strong one hit I mentioned...

B: Machine guns
Like the name says Wolf will take out 2 machine guns and fire a certain amount of shots, would stun just like sheiks needles...
On the air, same effect but unlike sheik, wolf will still shoot forward instead of diagonally down, BUT u can, after pressing B and then rapidly tilting downward, shoot straight down...

<>B: Dash claw
Like the name says, Wolf will dash forward and if connects:
(dont know which Idea to implement)
Will give a ferocios slash, his claws slashing from over his head, then straight down doin like an X, bringing the claws down (dont know if I explained myself XD), well point is the attack would have higher knockback the foxs <>B but would lack dash range, Meaning he wont cover as much distance like the Illusion...
OR
If the attack connects, wolf will do to 3-4 hit rapid combos to the oponents, the last hit giving hight knockback and damage...

Counter-Slash:
Wolf will place himself in a stance where he will wait for the blow, Would work just like marths down B, would take the same amount of time and will give a high knockback atatck after countering and oponents move, the diference would be if wolf gets hit during the time the stance takes, he'll always counter (unlike marth, if he gets hit durin the part of the stance where hes glowing, he'll execute the counter, but if he gets hit when hes NOT glowing, he'll receive the hit)

Dont know if u got all of the moves, im bad explaining things XD...
Quoted just in case no one saw it...
Anyway another firefox move (firewolf im guessin it will be called)? Im not liking it, I want to c Wolf as less clone possbile (so I can laugh at all of those that said he would be [a clone]) so I put the upperslash (combination of uppercut+slash) so he would be way more unique, also what I bet he meant by the laser eye is like a laser similair like falco's/fox's but comin out of his eye, still that would make him similair like them thus I decided to add machine guns...

and mewtwos move is called disable not glare...

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
the cardboard box thing was Classic! (havent played it, but ive seen pictures/vids that hilarious)

it was funny enough they made a quest where you disguised as a box and spied on a conversation between demon leaders in world of warcraft

"Oh, and one more thing...What's in the crate?"
"Crate? I never sent you a crate."

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by Star Wolf Strike? Can you describe it some?
Umm...I think for Wolf's Super Smash move he should call in his sic nasty wolfen fighter and just bomb the hell-o out of the map. He could just be like standing on top of it laughing while explosions are everywhere. Like a G.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Like the name says, the entire star wolf team in their wolfens will strike the stage with lasers and bombs, bringing absolute chaos to the battlefield...

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
*bump*
Hmm...I love it. Just like my idea...only BETTER!!! TWO THUMBS UP!!!
...and wolf can be like standing on his wolfen laughing at the choas and carnage...like a G.

K4M1K4Z3

Smash Cadet
as long as he looks better and has a hunting knife/ machete, and is alot slower, not just a little like someone said, he should also have fast attacks, but not fast movement

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I would be surprised if he didn't make it in. He would be a stronger, maybe faster version of Falco IMO.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah the eyes beam thing could work, but I dont know it would be kinda similair to foxs laser, so I decided to not inclused it on the moveste I made a few posts back...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah pikachu/y. link speed is good, DK speed is too slow, and I agree on the roy-like strenght, I tough think he should have falco like jumps...

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, yeah...I guess. So maybe his jump wouldn't be as good as Falco's. Hmm...Maybe a little lower than Fox's. How about C. Falcon jump height?

Blazer

Smash Ace
He could jump a little higher than say Link or Samus, Move a bit faster than Y. Link, and be as powerful as Roy was. Just keep him away from a cloned moveset and we have a very good character.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Crunch-time gentlemen: let's say, hypothetically speaking, that only two more Starfox charcaters are getting in Brawl - in addition to Fox. Let's also assume, hypothetically, that Krystal will occupy one of those spots on the roster (given that she was ranked as the second most requested character on Sakurai's poll and would surely have a unique moveset). That leaves one more character. Should that character be Wolf - even if it means cutting Falco?

Blazer

Smash Ace
Yes. Falco was just a Fox copy and I can't see him being anything more than a Fox Clone. Wolf on the other hand, is a completely new character and therein could be different and nothing is hurt by it. Falco would at most be luigified because you simply cannot completely alter a character that is already in the game, too many people would complain that their favorite character was altered too much. Better to have it cut then have that complaint.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Crunch-time gentlemen: let's say, hypothetically speaking, that only two more Starfox charcaters are getting in Brawl - in addition to Fox. Let's also assume, hypothetically, that Krystal will occupy one of those spots on the roster (given that she was ranked as the second most requested character on Sakurai's poll and would surely have a unique moveset). That leaves one more character. Should that character be Wolf - even if it means cutting Falco?
Absolutely not.
Yes. Falco was just a Fox copy and I can't see him being anything more than a Fox Clone. Wolf on the other hand, is a completely new character and therein could be different and nothing is hurt by it. Falco would at most be luigified because you simply cannot completely alter a character that is already in the game, too many people would complain that their favorite character was altered too much. Better to have it cut then have that complaint.
The way I see it, neither Falco nor Wolf would be particularily unique from Fox, its just a question of who should be Fox's clone. I could potentially see Falco returning as a Luigified clone, or I could see Wolf replacing Falco as a Ganondorf-style Fox clone (ie: slower and more powerful).

As a diehard Starfox fan, I am torn over which I would prefer. So let me throw this out there: which deserves to be included more, Falco or Wolf, and why?

Blazer

Smash Ace
Wolf has more options to be a non-clone. But if one HAS to be a clone then even though I would prefer Wolf it would more than likely be Falco because he was in Melee. No need to change him out for someone who would be the exact same. But otherwise it should be Wolf.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wolf has more options to be a non-clone. But if one HAS to be a clone then even though I would prefer Wolf it would more than likely be Falco because he was in Melee. No need to change him out for someone who would be the exact same. But otherwise it should be Wolf.
Obviously any character could potentially be given a unique moveset, but Wolf's lack of originality just screams "Fox clone". Not that that lessens his chances of being included, on the contrary, clones can be incorporated into the game in a fraction of the development time, so it actually increases their chances, in my view.

Really, what has Wolf done to differentiate himself from other Starfox charcater in the past that he would be worthy of the time consuming process of designing a completely new moveset?

Blazer

Smash Ace
Obviously any character could potentially be given a unique moveset, but Wolf's lack of originality just screams "Fox clone". Not that that lessens his chances of being included, on the contrary, clones can be incorporated into the game in a fraction of the development time, so it actually increases their chances, in my view.

Really, what has Wolf done to differentiate himself from other Starfox charcater in the past that he would be worthy of the time consuming process of designing a completely new moveset?
None of the SF characters besides Krystal are THAT different from one another. No traits are given to them out of their ships. But, Wolf has many different personality traits that could show through in Brawl. His attitude just screams give me a power moveset. His body type says make him about mid-speed. He could use the Assault moveset, an original moveset, or bionic eye could be used somehow. There are other ways for him to go though I just can't personally remeber every Wolf idea put out.

Falco though is stuck in my opinion. He has been put in the game and can be altered but not drastically. Changing him drastically would anger many of his fans that play as him. He was very different from Fox in play style and could therein have some alterations to his moveset but you just can't completely alter him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom