• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anil8tion

Smash Rookie
Wolf O'Donnel is the one character I would really like to see in Brawl, just plain awesome. I've always liked the character, i just hope they'd upgrade his outfit from the Assault one, ew.

I can't really think of anything more to say than that.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I would love it if he made it in!

And yeah, you can't really say he's a clone until you play it. He could always have different moves and a different arsenal of weaponary, you know?

Still, though... seems a little fishy. If they put Wolf in, I would think Falco would go out. Having those three, who're all kinda the same height, all fly the same thing, all come from the same game, all... o_O;; most likely have guns... I dunno.

If he did come in, it would be neat. I'd hope they don't make clones of characters, it kinda ruins the game a little.

I wouldn't mind if he didn't, I'd still have Fox, although he looks mental.

I'd think Wolf would be slow, like Falco... He'd probably be like Falco if he got into the game. <_<;; Speed-wise, that is. Just saying, maybe not, since wolves aren't slow, nor are falcons, but those two give off a slower image. So does Fox, but hey, in SSBM he was fast and Falco was slow, so I dunno, I'm lost with the game and how the characters are made. XD

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
They wouldn't have to make him slower that fox if they just gave him a original moveset. Also, I don't see the problem with having Fox, Falco, and Wolf because StarFox is one of the more popular Nintendo series. Mario has 5 right now, so i think Starfox could get by with 3.

Sirias

Smash Champion
True true...

If they have heaps of one series they should have 'kind of' a lot of another series and blah. Unless of course there's only 1 real good person in the series. XD Like Captain Falcon. <_<;;

Wolf, though, he would be kool in it. He'd have to be slower, since anyone faster than Fox would be a little out of it.

I mean, you'd be able to use him and all... but he'd be too fast for most characters, lol.

Canis lupus

Fab Dandy
BRoomer
I think Wolf should have the ability to draw a knife and MOTHERF***ING BLIND PEOPLE FOR STARING AT HIS EYEPATCH WHATCHA LOOKIN AT GODDAMMIT!? Or dropkick people in the ear. Or grab his opponents and force-feed them nova bombs and then stab them in the kidney. Something totally brutal and out of line, like Solid Snake. He would be pure Samuel L. Jackson.

DarkerCompanion

Smash Cadet
I'm not really a fan of the Starfox series, but from what I know of Wolf, he deserves in. Gotta account for all the major series, and Wolf is one of the next up after Ganondorf and Bowser as a good villain.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I don't think they'd make it too violent... XD But it sounds fun.

It's not like Ganondorf had mental moves, or Bowser. He should use his hands, though, not his feet so much.

Wolf's definately good enough to be in the game. Srlly.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I think Wolf should have the ability to draw a knife and MOTHERF***ING BLIND PEOPLE FOR STARING AT HIS EYEPATCH WHATCHA LOOKIN AT GODDAMMIT!? Or dropkick people in the ear. Or grab his opponents and force-feed them nova bombs and then stab them in the kidney. Something totally brutal and out of line, like Solid Snake. He would be pure Samuel L. Jackson.
Real disturbing........

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The academy relationship between Fox and Wolf I believe came from the comic books in Nintendo Power, and comics aren't a canonficial source. So it's illegitimate, I'm afraid.

Also, Wolf was faster than Fox is multiplayer on Star Fox: Assault, so I don't see why he should be slower other than it would fit his persona better. Then again, he was a secret multiplayer character so they'd boost his stats just for the game's sakes *shrug*

Regardless, Wolf for Brawl ^_^ *points at signature*

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Yes wolf was faster then fox in the multiplayer so i dont see why he would be a slow char. ummm he should be around the same speed as fox just with not as good of jumps.
another thing
WOLF NEEEEEEDS TO BE IN BRAWL
Also wolf shoud have diff moves then fox the only thing that maybe should be the same is the laser except diff color and shine with a diff color thats all

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Wolf was better than everybody. He was a secret character, so he gets all the awesomeness. Everything about his appearance, though, seems to indicate that he's slower and stronger (fitting that archetype).

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
yaaa i guess but still WOLF FTW and besides there NO WAY in h311 that andross can even make it into ssbb i mean come on its common sence....really ppl lol

o ya thnx stryks

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
ya after i actually read what some of the people said in this thread umm i can do with out the rest of the wolf team i just want wolf. honestly the rest of the wolf team is kind of just there... well any way im not trien to get anyone mad or anything thats just what i think.

yoshiherder

Smash Cadet
*Shows up out of nowhere* Hey y'all, I'm collecting names again... and I've decided to augment my Wolf files w/ SFC endings. ^^ Will post upon completion.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Wolf got to be in there for Star Fox fans, plus the game needs more villians

" Hahha" Ice Wolf just like fire fox but a three hit combo first
he'll have 2 guns instead of 1
His stance wolud be "Him breathing hard and Cluthcing his hand"
His B> Will be "Multi laser shot" aim at any direction once pressed
Vb will be "Wolf Pack" 3 clones come and do the exact same thing* they do different damage depending on health or % and they die after they get hit once or when woflen takes damage.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
After extensive play of Star Fox Command (my first SF game since 63), my opinions on Wolf have completely changed. Wolf is freakin' awesome. ^.^ He is now my 2nd pick for any Star Fox character not yet confirmed for Brawl, after Krystal and right before Falco.

However, there are still a few things that bother me. There still is the possibility that he could wind up a clone. I know that there's every way that he couldn't and that most are under the impression that there won't be any clones in Brawl, but it's still possible. Also, is it just me, or does Fox's new design seem to lend itself rather redily to having a Wolf pallette swap as an alternate costume?

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I disagree.There is a chance for him to be a clone but i don't think it will happen.I got the thinking on a subject.IF and only IF they made him into a clone they might have to make him the strong slower charachter.Even though Wolf is faster than Fox on the multiplayer but his ship The Wolfen and Wolfen II were faster than the arwing.If they made him faster than Fox which is insanely fast and pretty hard to wark out his potentila.Why would people use fox unless they needed a higher jump.in my opinion i think i would have an easier time with a charachter who is not only faster,but stronger than a charachter who if used in the right hands is amazingly great.Why use that character.So if they include him they would HAVE to give him his own moveset.IMO.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey Konuk, I'm for Ice Wolf since it's similar to Fire Fox & all. It sounds like it can do some major damage. Give you some +rep whenever they will let me.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Ya about the whole wolf becoming a clone thingy for brawl it wont happen because as far as i know there arent going to be clones

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Yay 2 peopel like my idea haha So cool i dont think he'll be a clone either lets hope they dont put in Andross O god he was so boring <.<. Wolf Seems Lke a Worthy boss any way.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Well this is the best somewhat original moveset I could think for wolf.

UP B: Boost comes out of feet, arcs if going left or right, doesn't do much damage or knockback.

B: Shoots a laser (less knockback then falcos, but like 8% damage), if held down it could shoot an charged ball, somewhat simular to samuses but much less powerfull.

Forward B: Would Pouce forward and if landed on a victom would do a damaging claw combo.

Down B, Would do a spin that was capable of diflecting attacks and projectiles, and would also knockback anyone who got in the way a little bit. (simular to foxs deflecter)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well this is the best somewhat original moveset I could think for wolf.

UP B: Boost comes out of feet, arcs if going left or right, doesn't do much damage or knockback.

B: Shoots a laser (less knockback then falcos, but like 8% damage), if held down it could shoot an charged ball, somewhat simular to samuses but much less powerfull.

Forward B: Would Pouce forward and if landed on a victom would do a damaging claw combo.

Down B, Would do a spin that was capable of diflecting attacks and projectiles, and would also knockback anyone who got in the way a little bit. (simular to foxs deflecter)
sounds way to similair to fox, even if there are diferent effects, sounds like a luigify clone, and i dotn want any type of clones period...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
What about my short move set for Wolfen >< Its nothing like fox's except for iice wolf but its a combo attk for up b

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I think Wolf should just have illegal weaponry and technology, since he isn't goodguy anymore. For example, a sort of rocket launcher which throws slow but powerful rockets. Can easily be blocked though, but it is a near-shieldbreaker. Another illegal technology would be some form of cluster grenade, or an electricity weapon, one which does not stun (only slow down a bit), but does inflict damage. Finally, a recovery would be some sort of launching thing, where it launches something downward, while beeing propelled / knocked back upwards. Boom downwards, recovery upwards.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
sounds way to similair to fox, even if there are diferent effects, sounds like a luigify clone, and i dotn want any type of clones period...
Hmmm, yeah, think I would have trouble creating a moveset that isn't somewhat close to fox/falcos.

Another possiblity, a little more original.

^B: Boosters, would create a boost that would make him hover out of his feet, would also make him arc upwards, wouldn't do any damage unless chars touched his feet.

>B: Pounce, No lag jumps in an arc, if it hit someone wolf would grab them and start clawing them.

B: Small lag to allow for aiming two laser shoots in any direction, If held for like 1 second would shoot a charged ball that could "Lock On" to enimies.

vB: Enters counter stance that can throw back projectiles and counter melee attacks, would only work to the front of him though.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sculelos, beter yet still I see it to familiar with Fox, u added some stuff, still see him as a luigify-clone with that moveset, but ull +rep ya for triyin XD...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
^B: Does a very quick punce in a the direction specified but with little damamge or kncokback(think fox's >B but slower but moe damage)
>B: Wolf throws a strong proximity mine;dissapears after about 10 seconds
B: Pulls out a powerful sniper; he can turn it on an axis without about 90 degrees of clearence; has about a 15 frame lag after b is realeased; 15-25 damage, great knockback
\/B: Rolls a grenade on the floor at a speed a little faster than samus' neutral B(not charged), and goes quite a distant(about 20-30ft.).Anyone in the way gets, well...owned.
Taunt: Laughs mockingly
Super: Takes out a illegal barrage of weapons(seriously, like, just a shell of weapons), and fires them every which way.
Crawl: Crawls very fast and crouches about as low as sheik does.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
^B: Does a very quick punce in a the direction specified but with little damamge or kncokback(think fox's >B but slower but moe damage)
>B: Wolf throws a strong proximity mine;dissapears after about 10 seconds
B: Pulls out a powerful sniper; he can turn it on an axis without about 90 degrees of clearence; has about a 15 frame lag after b is realeased; 15-25 damage, great knockback
\/B: Rolls a grenade on the floor at a speed a little faster than samus' neutral B(not charged), and goes quite a distant(about 20-30ft.).Anyone in the way gets, well...owned.
Taunt: Laughs mockingly
Super: Takes out a illegal barrage of weapons(seriously, like, just a shell of weapons), and fires them every which way.
Crawl: Crawls very fast and crouches about as low as sheik does.
I guess that would work, except it would make more since to me to switch the nade and mine, also instead of rolling the nade just have him chuck it 15-25 Feet and and have it explode on impact with an enimy, if it doesn't hit an enimy have it bouce 3-6 feet then explode.

As for the mine, make it so he just throws it about 5 feet in front of him, and shorten the time to about 6 seconds, instead of disapearing it would explode instead.

As for the moveset I posted earlier, it could probably be used for falco as well or maby even better then wolf.

Edit also switch wolfs moves >B and vB Around.

Also make it so he grabes any (but only one) colliding oponent with B^ for about 1 second, he could throw them or claw them within the 1 second if the play wanted to.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Cool picture, huh? Well I am gonna add something to it. Imagine this, a metal glove complete with five claws with the ability to spin strapped onto the Wolf's left paw. He would be as heavy as Mario, but have some stun resistance. Afterall he is strapped in leather.

Dash A: Wolf dodges into the background and holds out his claw, clotheslining his oppenent as well as dodging any attacks. If the oppenent dodge rolls, both Wolf and the oppenent will collide and be knocked backwards. Slight delay afterwards so Wolf cannot spam the move.

A: Wolf gives a mean right hook with his fist
AA: Wolf gives a mean right hook with his fist, and then raises his knee to face level with his leg bent at a 90 degree angle with his foot pointing at the enemy before slamming his boot down in a circular pattern knocking the oppenent away.

Toward A: Swipes with a horizantal claw

Down A: Crouches down with hand splayed on the floor. A press of A will cause Wolf to throws an uppercut (while still coruching) with his metal clawed hand sending the oppenent upwards if he/she is close or away if the oppenent merely hits the edge of the rising claw.

Up A: Wolf leans back and plants his clawed hand into the earth as he does a vertical split. If his metal boot connects with an oppenent in the air it sends the enemy straight up with stun.

Smash A: Wolf takes one step forward with a metal boot and throws his elbow behind his body with his metal claw poised forwards. The claws start spinning and spin faster as long as the smash is held. When released Wolf launches his claw forwards into his oppenent who his caught in the spinning blades which rack up damage before being spewed backwards in a straight trajectory.

Down Smash: Wolf slams his spinning blades into the floor and revloves his body so his drill claw goes around in a circle. Dust spews forth. Fast attack with unimpressive knockback but good for clearing space.

Up Smash: Wolf twists his body at the hips with his claw resting behind a metal boot. Then he leaps slightly in the air twisting his body so his face looks at the screen. His claws spin as his arm revolves around his body quickly turning Wolf into a spinning blade. Then Wolf falls to the ground where he lifts himself back onto his feet. Startup time and lag but has range and good knockback. Shoots oppenent in a random direction.

B: TARGET Wolf taps the metal attatchment surrounding his artificial eye. The eye lights up and a pool of light travels a short distance in front of Wolf (same distance as Mewtwo's toward B). Can only be used on the ground, oppenent does not have to be facing you. A target symbol lights up over the oppenent and then quickly disappears, but Wolf's eye remains lit up. It will remain lit up until Wolf either turns it off (by pressing B) or if he is hit hard enough (like how Kirby loses his stolen power). In this mode, Wolf always faces the targetted oppenent allowing him to walk, jog, and jump backwards. He will always turn to face the oppenent. In this mode Wolf runs extra fast when going toward his target. Used to engage in hand to hand combat.

Down B: DEBRIS MISSLE Wolf slams his drilling claw into the floor before bringing it back up. A cylinder of floor material (depending on stage) will be wedged between his claws. A press of A will turn his spinning blades on which would propel the cylinder wedge outwards like a missle with dust trailing in its wake. If Wolf is in target mode Wolf's claw with the cylinder inside will always be pointing toward the oppenent.

Toward B: SMOKESCREEN Wolf does a flip as he pulls out a metal sphere complete with blinking neon lights for futristic appeal. He presses a button on the top and it explodes into a cloud of sinister red smoke that covers Wolf. At this an angle could be chosen as long as it is going forward. Wolf launches out of the smoke with his body revolving and his claw pointed outward and spinning like a drill. Goes through oppenents and sends them slightly backwards away from Wolf.

Up B: FULL MOON Wolf jumps straight upward with his claw held up above his head. If he collides with an oppenent, he grabs them and does an upside down flip, tossing them backwards as he howls. Oppenent's recovery and directional influence after the throw depends on their percentage. If Wolf catches the oppenent at the apex of his jump instead of sooner, then instead of throwing them backwards he will throw them straight down.

Throws

Grabs with metal claw
A: Knees enemy as he growls
Forward: Wolf lifts the oppenent off his or her feet with his menacing clawed hand and then sends a punch toward their gut knocking them back.
Backwards: Wolf throws the oppenent slightly forward, then grabs their foot with his clawed hand and whirls around once before releasing them backwards.
Upwards: Wolf falls onto his back while he holds oppenent, bracing his boots on their chest before kicking upwards.
Downwards: Wolf throws them down and his claw begins to spin before drilling into the oppenent, smashing them against the floor until they pop up and toward the side.

Aerial

A: Wolf swings his claw around his body in a slanted circle.
Toward A: Wolf pinwheels his claw behind his body and then forwards (clockwise) which causes a slash attack. Doesn't hit as far as Bowser or Sheik's claw attack but covers alot of area.
Down A: Throws a smoke bomb downward from his belt. It explodes when it hits a target. Minimal knockback, low damage but smoke lingers for a few moments.
Back A: A full backwards roundhouse as Wolf growls
Up A: Wolf holds his spinning claw upwards similar to Link's Up A.

*I want to Credit Crom for helping me with the Target special and also for the inspiration of having that special move effect any projectile Wolf can fire (like Crom's proposed missle idea).
*Crom and Sonicthehedgehawg both helped me fine tune the Up B special to make it less broken
*Changed back aerial to differentiate Wolf more from Fox. Proposal by Crom.

Feel free to give any suggestions that would improve the moveset.
Here is my moveset for Wolf with a few changes based on suggestions.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I would rather see wolf in that Krystal (no offense) but wolf just seems to have a lot more potential, after he is an antihero (or villian) we don't need another character to be on the same side as Fox, Falco is probably the closest one to Fox so right now we need an enemy and Wolf would fix perfectly.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Another I remember is that on SF:A whenever wolf wins a match he puts out 2 guns and shoots wildy, maybe that could be a move, if not as least give him guns that are not similar or the same as Fox's/Falco's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom