• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
None of the SF characters besides Krystal are THAT different from one another. No traits are given to them out of their ships. But, Wolf has many different personality traits that could show through in Brawl. His attitude just screams give me a power moveset. His body type says make him about mid-speed. He could use the Assault moveset, an original moveset, or bionic eye could be used somehow. There are other ways for him to go though I just can't personally remeber every Wolf idea put out.
Wolf has a unique personality, to be sure (and bionic eyes are scientifically proven to make a any individual 50% more awesome) but considering that there are many equally compelling charcaters who have a far greater potential for a unique moveset, I don't think Wolf has very high chances of being included as anything but a clone.

Falco though is stuck in my opinion. He has been put in the game and can be altered but not drastically. Changing him drastically would anger many of his fans that play as him. He was very different from Fox in play style and could therein have some alterations to his moveset but you just can't completely alter him.
I agree, but not becasue of the feelings of Falco players. Falco is in the same boat as Wolf: he oozes personality, but lacks any abilities that would justify making him anything but a Fox clone.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I hate to admit this because Falco is my main but he might be getting the boot to make room for Krystal and Wolf. Krystal is the love interest and could have an original moveset with the staff while Wolf is Fox's rival and could also have a unique moveset (claw based like Stryks says) Falco is important to SF don't get me wrong but Wolf is just as if not more important than him.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Wolf has a unique personality, to be sure (and bionic eyes are scientifically proven to make a any individual 50% more awesome) but considering that there are many equally compelling charcaters who have a far greater potential for a unique moveset, I don't think Wolf has very high chances of being included as anything but a clone.

I agree, but not becasue of the feelings of Falco players. Falco is in the same boat as Wolf: he oozes personality, but lacks any abilities that would justify making him anything but a Fox clone.

Wolf is also more popular than the other Star Fox characters. He has the third largest fanbase, outdone only by Fox and Krystal. He has many movesets as I listed before and is an antihero. Falco's personality does not give him the same traits as Wolf. His personality would give him a laggy moveset with taunts after every big move if we were to give him a personality based moveset. But, Falco is instead a Fox clone because that is really his only good option. Wolf like I stated earlier has different movesets he could use. Falco just wouldn't be the type of character to use the Assault moveset, he just isn't the right size or the type of character. He obviously doesn't have a bionic eye for that moveset. An original moveset would be Fox's so that's out now too.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I hate to admit this because Falco is my main but he might be getting the boot to make room for Krystal and Wolf. Krystal is the love interest and could have an original moveset with the staff while Wolf is Fox's rival and could also have a unique moveset (claw based like Stryks says) Falco is important to SF don't get me wrong but Wolf is just as if not more important than him.
Any character has the potential for a unique moveset. But the way I see it, in order to justify spending the valuable development time creating such a moveset, they have to unique abilities as well as a cool personality. As far as Falco and Wolf are concerned, they don't have the same potential for a unique moveset like Krystal does. Therefore, only one of them should be included as Fox's clone.

Wolf is also more popular than the other Star Fox characters. He has the third largest fanbase, outdone only by Fox and Krystal. He has many movesets as I listed before and is an antihero. Falco's personality does not give him the same traits as Wolf. His personality would give him a laggy moveset with taunts after every big move if we were to give him a personality based moveset. But, Falco is instead a Fox clone because that is really his only good option. Wolf like I stated earlier has different movesets he could use. Falco just wouldn't be the type of character to use the Assault moveset, he just isn't the right size or the type of character. He obviously doesn't have a bionic eye for that moveset. An original moveset would be Fox's so that's out now too.

Yes, Wolf is definitly the third most popular Starfox character. This is why I suspect he will be put in Brawl over Falco, who has already had his time in the spotlight.

What I don't understand is why you consider Wolf to be more deserving of a unique moveset than Falco. Their game appearances are both limited to flying in their respective spacecraft and weilding various weapons in Assault's multiplayer mode, and they essentially the same size and weight. Basically, aside from their differing appearances and personalities, they are interchangable.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Any character has the potential for a unique moveset. But the way I see it, in order to justify spending the valuable development time creating such a moveset, they have to unique abilities as well as a cool personality. As far as Falco and Wolf are concerned, they don't have the same potential for a unique moveset like Krystal does. Therefore, only one of them should be included as Fox's clone.

Yes, Wolf is definitly the third most popular Starfox character. This is why I suspect he will be put in Brawl over Falco, who has already had his time in the spotlight.

What I don't understand is why you consider Wolf to be more deserving of a unique moveset than Falco. Their game appearances are both limited to flying in their respective spacecraft and weilding various weapons in Assault's multiplayer mode, and they essentially the same size and weight. Basically, aside from their differing appearances and personalities, they are interchangable.
Wolf has actually used his claws in the story. If you look closely at Pigma's head in assault he has claw marks on it. Most likely from Wolf after he got kicked off the team.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Speculation =/= canon.

Considering both Fox and Krystal don't have any claws on their hands (they have fingernails), I see absolutely no reason why Wolf would have claws.

Blazer

Smash Ace

Wolf is a bulkier character. Stand him right next to Falco in Assault. His personality also is more the kind that would shoot you with a rocket over using other methods. Which is why the assault-based moveset would work better for him. Don't get me wrong Falco is similiar in this aspect but, not nearly as strong in it. So what I am trying to point out and what I may have failed to point out or you've somehow missed is: Wolf is a little bit bigger and therefore would be better holding a rocket launcher(Just an example weapon), Wolf has more the "Blow your head off and worry about you later" personality as opposed to Falco's good natured personality.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wolf has actually used his claws in the story. If you look closely at Pigma's head in assault he has claw marks on it. Most likely from Wolf after he got kicked off the team.
Sorry Numa Dude, but that is a huge stretch by anyone's imagination. Was Wolf also the person who decapitated Andross' head and hands from his body?

Wolf is a bulkier character. Stand him right next to Falco in Assault. His personality also is more the kind that would shoot you with a rocket over using other methods. Which is why the assault-based moveset would work better for him. Don't get me wrong Falco is similiar in this aspect but, not nearly as strong in it. So what I am trying to point out and what I may have failed to point out or you've somehow missed is: Wolf is a little bit bigger and therefore would be better holding a rocket launcher(Just an example weapon), Wolf has more the "Blow your head off and worry about you later" personality as opposed to Falco's good natured personality.
I understand what your driving at, and I guess I'll conceed that if a character were to be given a Assault based moveset, Wolf would be slightly better suited than Falco. However, what is so compelling or unique about a charcater who uses a rocket launcher and other Assault weapons (ie: lazor sniper rifle, grenades, etc.)? Brawl already has a rocket-launcher / explosive weilding charcater in the form of Snake. Is it really worthwhile for the Smash team to spend so much development time on Wolf or Falco when they could so easily be included as a Fox clone?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I know what u mean, snake already has the rocket launcher and grenades, giving a character the same weapons will be kidna lame, I say give him a claw based moveset, that type of a moveset is for merciless-personality characters, such as wolf XD...

Blazer

Smash Ace
Sorry Numa Dude, but that is a huge stretch by anyone's imagination. Was Wolf also the person who decapitated Andross' head and hands from his body?

I understand what your driving at, and I guess I'll conceed that if a character were to be given a Assault based moveset, Wolf would be slightly better suited than Falco. However, what is so compelling or unique about a charcater who uses a rocket launcher and other Assault weapons (ie: lazor sniper rifle, grenades, etc.)? Brawl already has a rocket-launcher / explosive weilding charcater in the form of Snake. Is it really worthwhile for the Smash team to spend so much development time on Wolf or Falco when they could so easily be included as a Fox clone?
Because clones are last minute designed and not really as much fun to most people. We are trying to please as many people as possible not the minority.

Yeah I know what u mean, snake already has the rocket launcher and grenades, giving a character the same weapons will be kidna lame, I say give him a claw based moveset, that type of a moveset is for merciless-personality characters, such as wolf XD...
Claw-based is a very good design for him too. My point was that he is better suited for the assault set because of the aformentioned. Falco obviously can't have the claw based or bionic eye sets so if we are discussing the better fir Wolf is definitely the better choice of the two. But, as a clone my vote goes to Falco.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Because clones are last minute designed and not really as much fun to most people. We are trying to please as many people as possible not the minority.
Yeah, I know that clones were included in Melee due to time constraints - but what makes you think Brawl will be any different? The development team is still operating under time constraints and clones can still be included in a fraction of the development time. Including clones = more characters in Brawl = more fun for all.

"Not as much fun to most people?" Says who? Go to any group of Smash players and you're sure to find people playing as Falco, Ganondorf, Luigi, Young Link, Roy and Dr. Mario. These characters prove that, when done correctly, clones can be enjoyable and worthwhile additions to the series.

Plus, the inclusion of clones means that cool-but-unoriginal charcaters like Wolf actually have a chance of being included. If Sakurai and his team are designing unique movesets for every character then Wold doesn't have a prayer.

Claw-based is a very good design for him too. My point was that he is better suited for the assault set because of the aformentioned. Falco obviously can't have the claw based or bionic eye sets so if we are discussing the better fir Wolf is definitely the better choice of the two. But, as a clone my vote goes to Falco.
It has not been established that Wolf even has claws, or that he can use his bionic eye as a weapon. It's kind of a leap to assume that he will be given a moveset based around these attacks, which are entirely imagined and not based on the Starfox series.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know that clones were included in Melee due to time constraints - but what makes you think Brawl will be any different? The development team is still operating under time constraints and clones can still be included in a fraction of the development time. Including clones = more characters in Brawl = more fun for all.

"Not as much fun to most people?" Says who? Go to any group of Smash players and you're sure to find people playing as Falco, Ganondorf, Luigi, Young Link, Roy and Dr. Mario. These characters prove that, when done correctly, clones can be enjoyable and worthwhile additions to the series.

Plus, the inclusion of clones means that cool-but-unoriginal charcaters like Wolf actually have a chance of being included. If Sakurai and his team are designing unique movesets for every character then Wold doesn't have a prayer.

It has not been established that Wolf even has claws, or that he can use his bionic eye as a weapon. It's kind of a leap to assume that he will be given a moveset based around these attacks, which are entirely imagined and not based on the Starfox series.
He's a WOLF a claw-based moveset would make sense. It would make sense for Fox too they just chose not to implement it. But, if tehy chose to then they very well could. Fox's firefox is imaginative. Heck, Captain Falcon's ENTIRE moveset is imaginative from what I understand.

Most people would rather have the game pushed back a couple months to have characters with completely original movesets over clones. Ask most of this board actually.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Okay I am seriously sick and tired of people saying brawl has time constraints. IT DOESN'T FOR THE MILLIONTH ****ING TIME! They WILL push brawl back if it isn't done. They already have Galaxy and Prime three coming out for the holidays so there is no reason to half *** the game to complete it sooner and THERE WILL BE NO CLONES IN BRAWL! Why is it that it is so hard to see about Wolf getting an original claw based moveset? WHO THE **** ELSE COULD HAVE DONE THAT TO PIGMA'S HEAD?! WOLF IS THE ONLY ONE ON THE TEAM AT THAT TIME WHO'S SPECIES EVEN HAD CLAWS!

Blazer

Smash Ace
Okay I am seriously sick and tired of people saying brawl has time constraints. IT DOESN'T FOR THE MILLIONTH ****ING TIME! They WILL push brawl back if it isn't done. They already have Galaxy and Prime three coming out for the holidays so there is no reason to half *** the game to complete it sooner and THERE WILL BE NO CLONES IN BRAWL! Why is it that it is so hard to see about Wolf getting an original claw based moveset? WHO THE **** ELSE COULD HAVE DONE THAT TO PIGMA'S HEAD?! WOLF IS THE ONLY ONE ON THE TEAM AT THAT TIME WHO'S SPECIES EVEN HAD CLAWS!
Yay for angry people that are supporting my opinion. Lol.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Big time.

You're so misinformed and set in your bizarre little ways that... well, I don't even think dissecting this post is even necessary. Your little temper tantrum is more than effective at refuting everything you say.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I love people who act like there better than other people on the internet. It reminds me of the stupidity of the human race. You are a nOOB who said SF was getting two reps at best so that makes you a ****** that fails at life.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Oh, c'mon now, you can't be that bitter, can you? Okay, if you want me to, I'll dissect your previous post.

Melee was in development for 2 and a half years, and had six clones, and they didn't feel they needed to delay the game. What makes you think they will delay this one? All signs point to they won't, at least not for characters (online is another story).

Who else could have given Pigma those scars? Who knows? No one. It could have been Panther for all we know. We're never told, so speculation on it is not canon.

EDIT: And my stance on how many StarFox characters should be in this game has no bearing on this discussion.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Melee had a release date they couldn't push back *******. Brawl doesn't therefor there is no reason for there to be clones.

Nintendo leaves tons of stuff to our imagination. If James McCloud is dead or alive and most of the story behind Majoras mask are just some of the examples of Nintendo doing so, so in a way speculation IS canon.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Ah, but they did push back Melee a month (not for characters, but for fine tuning). It was originally set to be a launch title for the Gamecube, but ended up as a near launch title. Brawl has as much of a set release date as Melee did. A bit more nebulous as to when, exactly, but it is set for 2007, just as much as Melee was set for Gamecube launch.

But considering how early the characters simply have to be figured out so they can be programmed into the available engine, these delays don't exactly effect who's going to be in. Delays for fine tuning online? Probably inevitable, but delays for characters? Hardly likely.

And of course they leave it up to interpretation, but what we speculate does not mean fact.

Blazer

Smash Ace
07 isn't set in stone. If it were they would probably have a quarter of the year marked for it too. It is inevitable that the game will be pushed back a bit for SOMETHING. Now then consider this, you are a worker who is doing characters models, the workers for the online are not finished, the game is pushed back about a month, what do you do during this time? You have to get payed right? If you work on a new character you may get payed a bit extra. You would probably make another character from the group of characters the team has picked out to have in the game, but didn't make it. You have about a month. A moveset IS NOT THAT HARD original or not. YOu have a month to complete animations and such. So you come up with a moveset within a week(probably less) and create said character. If you finish, hooray we have a new character, if not you still get paid for trying. Yeah you could've dished out a clone but, you probably were better off with an original anyway.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
07 isn't a set release date it's when they THINK they will be done with it they could set it back to 08 if they wanted to easily. What we speculate is the closest to fact we will get.

Just because Nintendo hasn't revealed a set release date to the public does not mean they don't have one in mind. Nintendo is a bussiness, first and formost, so their decisions are made entirely on making as much money as possible. Period.

Now, obviously they won't release the game until the game is as polished and complete as Melee, but they also aren't going to postpone a system seller like SSB a moment longer than they absolutly have to. Saying that the Brawl team isn't under any time constraints is just being naive.

Including clones, which require considerably more time to design, allow far more characters to be included.

Judging from the number of clones in Melee I think we can expect quite a few clones in Brawl. I certainly hope that Wolf is one of them because I can't see Sakuai spending valuable development time designing a unique moveset for such an unoriginal character.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Just because Nintendo hasn't revealed a set release date to the public does not mean they don't have one in mind. Nintendo is a bussiness, first and formost, so their decisions are made entirely on making as much money as possible. Period.

Now, obviously they won't release the game until the game is as polished and complete as Melee, but they also aren't going to postpone a system seller like SSB a moment longer than they absolutly have to. Saying that the Brawl team isn't under any time constraints is just being naive.

Including clones, which require considerably more time to design, allow far more characters to be included.

Judging from the number of clones in Melee I think we can expect quite a few clones in Brawl. I certainly hope that Wolf is one of them because I can't see Sakuai spending valuable development time designing a unique moveset for such an unoriginal character.
Tell me that you didn't just say that you would rather have a clone over a nonclone?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
If they make us wait that creates hype which if used correctly will make a game sell VERY well.

SSB isn't the only system seller they have. They have Galaxy and Prime three so as I have said countless times THERE IS NO REASON TO HALF *** THE GAME TO GET IT OUT SOONER!

But there will also be less original characters and the originality is one of the reasons smash is so great.

Not only is there no release date for brawl like there was for melee but they have better technology now so saying that brawl will have clones based on melee isn't good logic. Also how is Wolf not original? He is a Brutal space thug Wolf with a team of mercs.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Tell me that you didn't just say that you would rather have a clone over a nonclone?

In the case of Wolf, yes. I would rather they spend their time on a more unique character, like Captain Olimar or Krystal for example.

Let's say one original character takes the same development time as three clones. That would mean that dark Samus, the Black Knight and Wolf could all be included as clones in the same ammount of time that an original move set could be designed for Wolf. Hypothetically.

Blazer

Smash Ace
In the case of Wolf, yes. I would rather they spend their time on a more unique character, like Captain Olimar or Krystal for example.

Let's say one original character takes the same development time as three clones. That would mean that dark Samus, the Black Knight and Wolf could all be included as clones in the same ammount of time that an original move set could be designed for Wolf. Hypothetically.
Or one of these three could be an original. Yes I see what you mean having those three characters would be nice but, I would rather see one of them(preferably Wolf) be an completely original character. I don't want to see more than one Mario for example. Regular Mario was enough thank you. I don't need him to have a small psychics change and his fireball be pills. Marth was great(I mained Roy for a year so don't you dare argue this) but having Roy be almost exactly the same as him just gets annoying, Pikachu was great, I didn't need his attack power increased and him hurting himself just so I can look like a baby him(BTW Pichu shouldn't have been more powerful IMO). The only clones I really approved of were Y.Link and Falco. G.Dorf was badly made just admit it. Y. Link and Falco both played very differently from their counterparts.

Where does Wolf being a clone fit in this? Well put simply, Falco played very differently from Fox and we all sshall agree on this or be called noobs. Now then, why can't we simply leave Falco in as what he is, a clone that plays completely different, and give Wolf a new moveset to add a new character? Wolf is not an unoriginal character as you think he is. He could almost be handed some form of short ranged weapon(A claw) and then be given many space weapons. Think about it, Fox only had two high-tech weapons(reflector and blaster). Give Wolf some high tech stuff along with a claw or something and you have a brand spankin' new style of play and an awesome character with a huge fanbase going into the game.

Onto my opinion on Krystal shall we? Krystal owns. She is a very great idea. She could be very unique having the use of a staff. But it is very possible that as unique as she would be she could be very bad. Let's say Krystal does make it in shall we? Her moveset would probably be based off her staff. Now then, considering this to be true she would have the fireball attack, it is probably going to be VERY similiar to Fox and Falco's blaster. Rapid fire with stun probably.(Falco moreso I guess.) Her recovery would be the boost jump thing. Just a straight upward movement. I guess she is our no-damage during recovery character for Brawl if that's the case. She may have the earthquake move as her down B but how do you make this do damage really? I guess it could have a small shaking effect and cause damage within that radius but, Nintendo would probably have it do the grounding thing from Melee. Which would make her VERY broken. DK had this effect on one of his moves but he was big, slow,and his other moves had no range. Krystal would be too much with this effect if used but, it would be hard to not do it and it still have damage. Now for side B. She would probably have the ice blast. Another stun move probably. Just another way to make her broken. She would be able to stop an oncoming player with it far too easily. Understand that IC's move with a freezing effect was stuck primarily to the ground and IC's moves were very bad anyway. Krystal's would be MUCH stronger considering all the things listed above. She just would not be a fair character. Do I still want her in? Yes. Should she be in over Wolf with a more unique moveset? No.

In conclusion, before i forget. Krystal is an excellent choice but has a very high probablity of being very broken. Wolf on the other hand can come out just as original and a more even character. So Wolf>Krystal if only my a small amount.

Don't get me started on Olimar...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
If they make us wait that creates hype which if used correctly will make a game sell VERY well.

SSB isn't the only system seller they have. They have Galaxy and Prime three so as I have said countless times THERE IS NO REASON TO HALF *** THE GAME TO GET IT OUT SOONER!

But there will also be less original characters and the originality is one of the reasons smash is so great.

Not only is there no release date for brawl like there was for melee but they have better technology now so saying that brawl will have clones based on melee isn't good logic. Also how is Wolf not original? He is a Brutal space thug Wolf with a team of mercs.
Sorry Numa Dude. You posted while I was typing my response. (Typing on the Wii is so slow).

Anyway, Melee had clones and I don't consider it to be "half ***ed". Releasing Brawl this fall will give the Wii one more must have title, which it could definitly use considering that the other consoles are bringing their big guns as well. Technology wise, Brawl will likely include many more characters, but including clones would allow them to include more still.

As for Wolf, he has not demonstrated any unique abilities to set him apart from the other SF characters. Compared to Krystal, he is very unoriginal.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Sorry Numa Dude. You posted while I was typing my response. (Typing on the Wii is so slow).

Anyway, Melee had clones and I don't consider it to be "half ***ed". Releasing Brawl this fall will give the Wii one more must have title, which it could definitly use considering that the other consoles are bringing their big guns as well. Technology wise, Brawl will likely include many more characters, but including clones would allow them to include more still.

As for Wolf, he has not demonstrated any unique abilities to set him apart from the other SF characters. Compared to Krystal, he is very unoriginal.
See my above post for why the final two sentences in this post are very wrong.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The Wii has two must have titles (Galaxy and prime three) Xbox 360 has one (Halo 3) PS3 sucks *** and deserves to be destroyed for its lack of any good games. Wii doesn't need anymore must haves. All SF characters are unoriginal compared to Krystal but Wolf actually has some personality, he is a ruthless mercenary who wants to be the best.

D

Deleted member

Console bashing... -Sigh.-

Wolf would be a greater choice because he is the opposite end of the spectrum compared to Fox and Falco - a villain. This is why he won't be a Fox clone... Nintendo would know many would have a Fox/Wolf battle, so it's not going to bode well having exactly the same moveset. It makes things either too close or one-sided unless you do an amazing job like with Y/Link, Fox/Falco... But if they botch it like Pikachu/Pichu or Marth/Roy it'll be devastating. The only thing that can be done is to give Wolf a new moveset.

Many possibilities are open for him. They could go the Bowser way with lagging moves that are ineffective for most players, or they could go the... Wait, there are no truly good villain characters. They all suck right now. This is why we need Ridley/S.Goroh/King Dedede and Wolf more than sidekicks.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The Wii has two must have titles (Galaxy and prime three) Xbox 360 has one (Halo 3) PS3 sucks *** and deserves to be destroyed for its lack of any good games. Wii doesn't need anymore must haves. All SF characters are unoriginal compared to Krystal but Wolf actually has some personality, he is a ruthless mercenary who wants to be the best.
The 360 also has Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon and Fable. The PS3 has Lair, Heavenly Sword and Rachet & Clank. They both have GTA4 and Assasin's Creed.

Against such stiff competition, I think releasing Brawl this fall would be a pretty good idea.

As for all other SF characters being unoriginal compared to Krystal, I agree. Wolf has a cool personality, so I think he should still be included - just not with an original moveset. There are far more original characters for the Smash team to devote their time to.

@ Blazer: my Wii refuses to quote your extremely long post, but I stand by my opinion that I would rather see a small number of unique clones (ie like Luigi, Ganondorf and Young Link) even if it means denying a few characters original movesets. Also, trying to guess who would be more broken, Krystal or Wolf, is just conjecture.

Blazer

Smash Ace
The 360 also has Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon and Fable. The PS3 has Lair, Heavenly Sword and Rachet & Clank. They both have GTA4 and Assasin's Creed.

Against such stiff competition, I think releasing Brawl this fall would be a pretty good idea.

As for all other SF characters being unoriginal compared to Krystal, I agree. Wolf has a cool personality, so I think he should still be included - just not with an original moveset. There are far more original characters for the Smash team to devote their time to.

@ Blazer: my Wii refuses to quote your extremely long post, but I stand by my opinion that I would rather see a small number of unique clones (ie like Luigi, Ganondorf and Young Link) even if it means denying a few characters original movesets. Also, trying to guess who would be more broken, Krystal or Wolf, is just conjecture.
It took me about ten minutes of typing and your Wii won't let you quote it? That hurts very badly.

Krystal would oly make sense to be more broken. Just look at that moveset I made for her. That is the common perception of what her moveset would be. It's the #1 most broken thing to ever grace a smash player's mind. The only way to make it worse would be to give her a damaging up B. I don't understand you. Why not have a completely new character over another version of the EXACT SAME character? It makes no sense. Most of the clones have been failures as characters (all of them except Falco. Though a few make the kind of okay list.) so why not have one very good character over three poor characters? You make me a very angry panda.

D

Deleted member

Krystal may only use the staff for shooting, as you said, like the blasters famed by Fox and Falco... But using the fireballs from 'Adventures maybe? The staff doesn't need to be utilized with everything. Just look at Samus, she doesn't use her charging gun for every move. Krystal could use a combination of new attacks.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Go read the Ganondorf and Pichu character pages on the official Japanese Melee website, Blazer. The clones are not "instead of" characters, they are bonus characters.

They're added after the point of no return when it comes to creating new movesets. They aren't taking up any spaces. They're there to make the roster bigger.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
You aren't taking in to account the DS with it's many must have games that are sure to come out. While I agree the 360 is going to be a tough competitor the 4 people who own a PS3 and intend to play it won't really affect the console wars much. Wolf is just as deservent of an original moveset as any other character is. I don't understand why you want/expect so many clones all the evidence point to no clones in brawl.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
You aren't taking in to account the DS with it's many must have games that are sure to come out. While I agree the 360 is going to be a tough competitor the 4 people who own a PS3 and intend to play it won't really affect the console wars much. Wolf is just as deservent of an original moveset as any other character is. I don't understand why you want/expect so many clones all the evidence point to no clones in brawl.
What evidence?

Blazer

Smash Ace
nevermind.
I grabbed this before your edit. So I'm gonna type my reply anyway. There is no set release date for Brawl so this won't be a problem but 6 poor characters over one good one yes. But that's still not the same as maybe 2-3. That makes it very different.

Krystal may only use the staff for shooting, as you said, like the blasters famed by Fox and Falco... But using the fireballs from 'Adventures maybe? The staff doesn't need to be utilized with everything. Just look at Samus, she doesn't use her charging gun for every move. Krystal could use a combination of new attacks.
These are only the popular moves given to her and what nintendo would more than likely do with her. Try to think logically. The fireballs are her shooting that I mentioned. Stun with fairly rapid fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom