• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Dude...c'mon. I didn't say that the thread was off-topic. I just wanted to know what happened. It's like, most of the wolf supporters aren't really posting anymore. I don't know why you're attacking me. I think you just took what I said out of context.
Almost every anti-wolf supporter uses the same excuse over and over again. That wolf would be a clone of Fox. It gets old and annoying. Another one is Krystal is more original. What is it about that Krystal that makes her more original? Her staff? If anything Krystal is more of a clone to fox than wolf is. She's a FOX! Everyone says that wolf is just the generic rival to fox and he was made just so fox could have rival. Couldn't the same thing be said about Krystal? That she's just the generic "damsel in distress"? hmm...
I'm not saying I'm against Krystal. I hope they're both in with Falco...with original movesets of course.
Oh, and console bashing...

Yah...there you go.

*whew*
Anyway, Blazer you seem pretty cool and I agree with most of the stuff you say so I don't want any beef.
Oh yeah, Andross...No. Just No.
My apologies. I was on edge with the people I was arguing against and you posted at that time. I misread your post and went off. Very sorry.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think that if Wolf was to borrow from Fox--and to be fair I think he should, just because they're pretty similar--he should borrow the Fire Fox, and the Fox Illusion, just changed a bit. Maybe the Fire Wolf would charge longer, but do more damage, and the Wolf Mirage would go really far, but do less than Fox's version.

His neutral B should be a laser-fied machinegun (dual guns'd be cool), with wild inaccuracy, but rapid , nonstop (as in, just holding in B rathe than rapidly tapping) firing. But something besides Reflector for down+B. How about a red, spherical version that, instead of reflecting missiles, absorbs them. Once you've absorbed something, the next time you fire his machineguns, the first few bursts'll be extra-powerful. Absorbing something like a full-power charge beam would result in an even more powerful opening volley. But once one thing's been taken in, any other attacks are deflected (not REflected, just thrown harmlessly northwest/northeast depending on which side the attack came from).

Well?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
It's cool blazer.:) Like I said I don't want any beef.

^^^umm...I think land-mines or grenades would be better than another shield,IMO. I like the idea though. I like the machine gun idea as well, but I think the fire fox and the fox illusion should be completly different. IDK...
Does anyone know what wolf's laser eye is? Has he ever used it in a game because I've never seen it in action.
...and I'm still open to discuss wether or not wolf or krystal should be in brawl. Even though I want them both in. >_<

Blazer

Smash Ace
Your moves seem kinda I dunno. Off. Down B should be mines or a grenade, B should be the machine guns and I think that they should be able to be aimed more but fight to go up like Halo's SMGs, no wolf Mirage we don't need it or want it this should be the grenade or rocket launcher instead, and his up B being Fire Wolf would be fine just give it black fire and more power with maybe a split second of extra delay. *Gasp* An almost all original moveset for Wolf! Eat that Wolf haters.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Play Assault and when he talks you'll notice he has a bionic eye. In the SF 64 it was an eye patch. A lot of people think it could be used to fire lasers or something.

A lung attack would be cool too. Kinda CFish.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Maybe his dB could be the Plasma Canon? Or like a knife?

I hope Wolf isn't made into a slower version of Fox. Because he runs a lot too, he's only slightly taller, etc., etc.

C. Falcon has power and speed, why can't Wolf?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
OOOHHHHH!!! I see, guess I never really paid any attention. :).
It could be like a spread shot or something...err. How to explain it...
Has anyone ever played Metal Slug? You know how like when you turn into a zombie you can shoot blood out of your mouth and it goes from straight forwar to up in a diagonal sweeping motion.
Picture that with wolf's eye. It would have weak knockback and would stun the oppenent. It would have quick start up time but really lagging finishing time.
What do you think? I think it may be a little too much. IDK.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
my b-set for wolf

b blaster, you can charge it like in assault

vb grenades, they don't explode in you're hand like link's bombs
or sniper rifle, wolf kneels down and pulls out a rifle. you see a red line go accross the screen, aim with the controll stick, release b to shoot. massive edgegaurd.

>b machine gun, big spray of bullets, hold to just keep shooting
or rocket launcher, like samus's, but too clonish. machine gun is cooler.

^b pounce, like C. falcon/dorf, but goes farther, and just holds on after connecting, untill landing. Damage during land and initial grab (maybe)
or the fire wolf that's been mentioned

Blazer

Smash Ace
I like the idea of the sniper rifle but, it would WAY overpower him. Which is fine with me but everyone else would like ban him and I'd lose my main.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I see you still favor that blaster. Oh well...blasters are cool. I think you should be able to store the charged shot and be able to use it whenever like Mewtwo and Samus.
hmm...about the pounce attack what if you use it while off the stage? wouldn't that be kind of an instant death suicide thing, since he doesn't let go until landing? I think he should bite whoever he grabs a couple of times, then kick off of them. sort of CPish/Ganonish. err...yah.

Blazer

Smash Ace
If he had the pounce thing it needs to be very similiar to CF and Gdorf but with a backward or downward toss and maybe more distance. This is a space animal we're talking about. He has to be top tier.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
LOL! Too true. Over-powered to the max...nah.
I think a downward toss would be WAY cheap if used off-stage...IMO. I think backward's would be cool, though.

Blazer

Smash Ace
It'll have a lot of startup lag, smallish damage and minimal knockback, but it's a good move to use to stall the guy if he's rushing at you, or recovering.

Small knockback is better a lot of the time though. Example: Char. A stands near edge Waiting on char B to make a move and for C to return. B shoots A and A tumbles off side. It is extremely hard for A to recover now because of the fall being fairly great.

In one of the Ken vids where he faces Isai, I believe it was Isai anyway, he stands near and edge and I believe he wavedashed off but either way the quick fall was too much for even Ken to overcomeand so he lost.

Another is one 'll never forget. I'm the best among my friends so I was helping them learn to play. We were on Jungle Japes. One was Falco the other was Marth, I was Pika. I tell the Falco to come at me, he jumps off the rock, barely taps A (they were undamaged.) and the marth tumbles off the rock to his death. Marth is not a FF to my knowledge and from my personal experience.( I main Marth.) We now of course taunt the Marth guy by saying "who fell off the rock?" to him constantly.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wow. A whole page without me. Don't worry: I feel your pain.

Quickly: rifle sounds really, really cheap. Add in limited (like, Din's Fire limited) range and maybe. The lunge sounds fine, but if you're gonna copy off another character, why not use a character from the same series? Boo to rocket launcher, grenades'd be fine, but I don't want a Link clone, even if they don't pop while held.

And remember that Fox in Brawl is not the same Fox from Assault. If this trend follows through, we might not see a bunch of Assault moves like rocket launchers and sniper rifles. I never thought they fit Fox and Co. anyway.

D

Deleted member

If Wolf, Falco and Fox were top tier that'd make StarFox characters invincible in teams.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Aren't we expecting Fox to be nerfed/given a new moveset? They might not be top tier in Brawl.

Anyways who cares? Tiers should have nothing to do with the character creation process.

Unless there's some ranked tourney wi-fi mode.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Well tiers should have nothing to do with it but, the other SF characters are top tier. It was a joke not something meant seriously.

D

Deleted member

They need more balancing, or simply make some other characters less nerfed *cough*Kirby*cough*. They might seriously nerf Fox or Falco because of how good they are.

Blazer

Smash Ace
The tier list should be a little closer together. Granted, the characters would have to all be the exact same for a perfect balance but, at least give some of the over-nerfed characters a bit more. They suck right now.

D

Deleted member

Not under-powered, Fox is over-powered. Well, his moves sure are. His ^smash sends most characters with 45-50% flying and his >/<smash has the same effect but not so brutal. There's no reason for this, the physics are just broken. The fact his ^smash is more powerful than any other in the game and has nearly no start-up lag is ridiculous. It needs altering, but they might over-nerf him.

Blazer

Smash Ace
It doesn't need altering. It was that way in SSB too. It is the most dominating move in the game for juggling. It's one of Fox's best ploys. Otherwise he'd fall very quickly on the tier list.

D

Deleted member

Meh, it just seems like something they may change if they have nerfing Fox in mind. Fox only got better from SSB -> 'Melee.

D

Deleted member

I'd prefer Wolf's old 64 attire to his new one. He was an evil English guy, now he's a shell of his former self... 'Sucks that the StarFox series hasn't had any good games for so long.

D

Deleted member

Adventures was awful... Assault was an insult to StarFox... Command is bleh, average. I miss the multiple paths, cool characters and the version of Wolf that wasn't super hetrosexual, as if SF64 portrayed him as something he wasn't.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Adventures was awful... Assault was an insult to StarFox... Command is bleh, average. I miss the multiple paths, cool characters and the version of Wolf that wasn't super hetrosexual, as if SF64 portrayed him as something he wasn't.
I think Adventures is a good showing of why Rare was sold. I agree with you on Assault, though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad game.

But Command? Average? It's probably the best StarFox ever. Multiple playthroughs do nothing to it's constant stream of new enemy types, levels and endings (well over 64's count). All 64 had was 3 endings, then Bill and Katt. Then there's the multiplayer.

Anyway, I want Wolf from Assault, because his theme music from that game kicked that much ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom