• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yep. Rare really wasn't worth anything after the millenium. They went from making every game a masterpiece to not being able to churn out any good games. Sorry to judge 'Command, I've yet to purchase it myself but I've borrowed it for a bit. I didn't like it too much... I might ask to borrow it again if you really think it's worth it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yep. Rare really wasn't worth anything after the millenium. They went from making every game a masterpiece to not being able to churn out any good games. Sorry to judge 'Command, I've yet to purchase it myself but I've borrowed it for a bit. I didn't like it too much... I might ask to borrow it again if you really think it's worth it.
If killing Slippy (for real!) is worth your time, then borrow it ASAP.

D

Deleted member

Woohoo!

Actually... I'm not sure on that. Why did they ruin him after '64? Stupid Rare.

Back on-topic. Wolf's the only villain in the StarFox franchise that is recurring, as well as the only one that isn't giant. Pigma is dead, Andross is dead. The StarWolf team seems to have become heroes by some crazy twist of fate, but if I'm correct then Wolf is still after Fox. 'Reminds me of Venom from Spider-Man. He's sort of an anti-hero. If they do include him it better be as a half-Command half-'64 model like Fox is.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If you don't feel like having Slippy die, you could alternately A-have him turn to the dark side, or B-leave the SF team to settle down and have a family with his girlfriend. Yes, he has a girfriend.

D

Deleted member

That sucks. I guess I'll have him turn to the dark side, at least then killing him won't feel so bad.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Slippy dies? I have to buy a DS now. Thanks. Killing Slippy>>>>>>ANYTHING from any video game EVER.

Assault was good. Multiplayer was good anyway.... The missions were too short for me. I liked having freedom to fly around though, it feels more like I am actually in the Arwing . It needed to have complete free roam on every level with free roam though. The rail levels needed more emphasis too there really weren't enough of them to have fun with them. Basically make the game longer and I'd be fine. It was just too short to be THAT good. But multiplayer saved it.

I think The Assault Wolf would be more fun to have than the 64 one. More of an anti hero than the 64 one. But either one is fine by me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah asault Wolf is more bad ***, looks and sounds more merciless that the one in 64, and with (pretty sure) all the charcaters gettin their lastest/most recent look, wolf will keep the assault look/voice im guessin...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Slippy dies? I have to buy a DS now. Thanks. Killing Slippy>>>>>>ANYTHING from any video game EVER.

Assault was good. Multiplayer was good anyway.... The missions were too short for me. I liked having freedom to fly around though, it feels more like I am actually in the Arwing . It needed to have complete free roam on every level with free roam though. The rail levels needed more emphasis too there really weren't enough of them to have fun with them. Basically make the game longer and I'd be fine. It was just too short to be THAT good. But multiplayer saved it.

I think The Assault Wolf would be more fun to have than the 64 one. More of an anti hero than the 64 one. But either one is fine by me.
Letting Slippy die actually takes a decent amount of work. Like, five or six playthroughs.

I agree with you on Assault; the only complaint I had was the on-foot segments. I don't think Star Fox should ever have been grounded. But I think we'll see a pseudo-Command version of Wolf, to match what Fox looks like. The whole "blow up everything with big guns" is pretty anti-StarFox, I think. So Wolf with machineguns and rocket launchers hopefully won't be the stuff Wolf (or any other SF fighter) fights with.

EDIT - Wolf was in Command, don't forget. I liked all of the character designs (excpet Slippy) from Command more than any other SF.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im hopin one day they make a Star Wolf game, I know kinda like with shadow the hedgehog (the game sucked just bare with me) even tough shadow aint as popular as as likeable as sonic, a lot of people like wolf, some more than fox, makin a star wolf game would actually quite cool, and maybe they can show us how excatly star wolf was form, and whats with the hatred he has [wolf] against fox...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Im hopin one day they make a Star Wolf game, I know kinda like with shadow the hedgehog (the game sucked just bare with me) even tough shadow aint as popular as as likeable as sonic, a lot of people like wolf, some more than fox, makin a star wolf game would actually quite cool, and maybe they can show us how excatly star wolf was form, and whats with the hatred he has [wolf] against fox...
I think I'd like to see that in a Command 2: the game has so many varying endings (G-Zero? Star Falco?) that anything could happen. In a sequel, they could go the extra mile and create entirely different levels for different characters (I think there's 15 playable characters in Command), like for instance: a set of levels that chronicle the origin of Star Wolf.

And yeah, Shadow sucks eggs.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Shadow was a cool character but his game didn't put out. It was fun the first run or two and then became more like work than fun. A star Wolf game would be cool and wouldn't be easy to screw up. Just make like a SF game with wolfen's instead of Arwings and Star Wolf instead of SF. Simple to make yet, very effective.

I liked the ground based levels on Assault. I just think the option of getting into the Arwing to do the level would have been nice. Make me get out to blow one or two things up that's fine but, I don't want an entire level to be on foot. While we're at it give fox the staff while he's down there. That would be a nice addition. Or make Krystal go on foot with the staff. That fixes everything. Better even is a two-player so I can have P2 run in and take care of my ground problems while I fly around and kill things. That makes it even less tedious for us sky lovers.

I

i8waffles612

and Blazer there are Edit buttons for moments like this " Dont double post...."

and i think we need a Star fox villian in the game, and IMO Wolf is the best person..../animal...

Blazer

Smash Ace
If I edited though noone would have ever saw it.
It was a bump ploy as well as a continuation on the topic.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Waht we have decided is that he's the most sensible SF villain to make playable since Andross is too funky. Waht we have decided is that each franchise with a decently recognizable villain should have that villain playabel. Waht we have decided is that Wolf is the only reasonable choice for a SF villain.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
hehe...waht. Your spelling makes me lol.
Of course wolf should be in brawl. It's like the thread title says "The only good choice for a starfox villain".
I didn't really like the ground levels in assault. It was a good concept and idea but it was poorly excuted in my opinion.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Lol the waht was my fault. Sorry for not editing that out. I think we may need more than just a stable "only good choice for a star fox villain" supporting us.

Spirit_Fox

Smash Cadet
Since he is a charmeleon... he could have unique abilities such as transfrom into a random character.. for example... you press down B and he transfroms into gannondorf... :p

Blazer

Smash Ace
Since he is a charmeleon... he could have unique abilities such as transfrom into a random character.. for example... you press down B and he transfroms into gannondorf... :p
.........What are you talking about? We are disscussing WOLF not Leon...........Do you even know what topic your in?

Blazer

Smash Ace
It's good to see that casual smashers(people with under 100 posts are usually casual) support Wolf as well as many non-casual.

Spirit_Fox

Smash Cadet
.........What are you talking about? We are disscussing WOLF not Leon...........Do you even know what topic your in?
Of course dude.... I was just responding to a previous comment in one of the first pages that's all.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Consider that we are 88pages in and I believe there are 15 messages a page. The topic has obviously changed a bit.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yo, spirt, nice sig.
Heh, I consider myself a casual smasher. I usually just post while i'm at school waiting between classes. My car sucks up too much gas to drive back and forth from home and school.
Leon would be pretty cool though...in a smash game after brawl.

Spirit_Fox

Smash Cadet
Yo, spirt, nice sig.
Heh, I consider myself a casual smasher. I usually just post while i'm at school waiting between classes. My car sucks up too much gas to drive back and forth from home and school.
Leon would be pretty cool though...in a smash game after brawl.
hehe nice to meet you man.... yeah... leon won't do bad... and since I am a big fan of star fox I would not mind if they put Mr polawsky with the smash selection... and wolf would be a sweet choice with his tough English accent and stuff

Blazer

Smash Ace
English accent= Wolf's way into Brawl. That would be hilarious.

Developer: Who should I make next?
Sakurai:Mmmmm....Wolf.
Developer:Why Wolf? Shouldn't I get on Sonic?
Sakurai:No Wolf. He has an AWESOME accent.

Spirit_Fox

Smash Cadet
English accent= Wolf's way into Brawl. That would be hilarious.

Developer: Who should I make next?
Sakurai:Mmmmm....Wolf.
Developer:Why Wolf? Shouldn't I get on Sonic?
Sakurai:No Wolf. He has an AWESOME accent.
LOL nice joke!

Blazer

Smash Ace
Technically Wolf isn't a villian any more but, still: WOLF FTW!!!!!!
Wolf is still considered a villain unless something happened in Command which I now have to go buy. He just saved Fox so he could be the one to kill him later. That same instance happened in Spider-man cartoons from what I recall. The villain would save him only to say it was because he wanted to kill him later. They were still a villain they just REALLY wanted to kill spider-man themself. In this case Wolf is still a villain he just wants to kill Fox himself.

D

Deleted member

If StarFox doesn't go the crappy, cheesey way a ten year-old could have thought up, with Wolf becoming a hero or something, I'll be happy. Wolf is a villain no doubt. Especially in '64, 'probably his best appearance as well. He's the only returning villain in the series so he holds together well. Everyone else either turned into a giant freak or wasn't shown on screen enough to warrant a non-WTF character spot in 'Brawl. Represent for StarFox.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
If StarFox doesn't go the crappy, cheesey way a ten year-old could have thought up, with Wolf becoming a hero or something, I'll be happy. Wolf is a villain no doubt. Especially in '64, 'probably his best appearance as well. He's the only returning villain in the series so he holds together well. Everyone else either turned into a giant freak or wasn't shown on screen enough to warrant a non-WTF character spot in 'Brawl. Represent for StarFox.
QFT and i agree

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wolf is still considered a villain unless something happened in Command which I now have to go buy. He just saved Fox so he could be the one to kill him later. That same instance happened in Spider-man cartoons from what I recall. The villain would save him only to say it was because he wanted to kill him later. They were still a villain they just REALLY wanted to kill spider-man themself. In this case Wolf is still a villain he just wants to kill Fox himself.
No, they're still the anti-StarFox.

But, depending on how your game plays out,
StarWolf will kill certain members of StarFox

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Which ones exactly?
That's a bit too spoilerific, but I will say that they're more important than Slippy. It's also the ending where "G-ZERO" originates from.

Just buy the game.;)

Smash Daddy said:
Yeah... What the hell?
The game's just like that.
Slippy turns evil
Krystal joins StarWolf
Falco forms StarFalco with Katt and Dash
Amanda (Slippy's girlfriend!?) joins StarFox
, and so on. Like a bad soap-opera, only really really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom