• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

But Skull Kid has a much more origional design. Not to say that Dark Samus' moveset would be much better.

But Skull Kid does hold a big importance in the 3D games. It's quite important that he's in every following 3D game after OoT because they usually don't re-use the characters in Zelda games. They could easily have replaced him in TP, but they chose not to. This could mean something. And I don't think the 2D series, although great games, will effect the 'Brawl roster in any way. There is not a lot of popularity for 2D characters being transformed into 3D characters because there would be a lot of "guess what they look like in another dimension" going on with the developers.

Total Zelda line-up?

D

Deleted member

Eh, take Falco's place? I don't know about that, Falco's pretty darn important. He's in every game, more than Wolf is, and is a fan-favourite. He's also gotten a few abilities over the last games since 'Melee that could be used for a possible moveset change. Wolf shouldn't replace Falco, that would mean two StarFox characters. Also, Krystal getting in over Falco would be painful for many. It's like they're flat out saying that '64 and the origional sucked and they have to make way for the generic heroine invented by RARE crackheads.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think Krystal will come after wolf in terms of odds of getting in. Krystal is new and she's just another sidekick, while Wolf is a rival/nemesis/villain who's been there since the 2nd SF.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I think the only reason Falco got in in the first place was to be a clone. As awesome as he is he isn't as important as Wolf. While Krystal is most definitely in because of her female and staff wielder status.

D

Deleted member

Yeah... They'll want to stick with a '64 character after using the game's Fox/Falco design for two games. Seeing as Fox is a combined version of 'Command and '64 in 'Brawl, Krystal may just not have that retro half to design with. I'm sure the developers are skilled enough to implement that look, but it'll be a harder without a frame of reference like Wolf has.

This is assuming they go the same way with Fox as they do all other StarFox characters.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Exactly, Krystal is too new, Wolf has been in more games, and is foxs main enemy and rival, ive been anting to c wolf in smash since 64, and if it doesnt happen in brawl ill be very pissed...

D

Deleted member

Mhmm. Don't forget, either, that Wolf's in 'Melee's introduction. He's also more important in the overall story than Krystal, who's story makes little sense. In 'Adventures she's flying dragons and acting all nature-loving... Then in 'Assault she's flying an arwing? How did they explain that one?

GenG

Smash Lord
The wolfen fighters appear in Fox' stage in Brawl so at least they are considering him.

Wolf should've been Fox clone in Melee, all was pointing to it. Now it may be difficult to cut Falco in Wolf's favor, but Star Fox needs a bad guy: Krystal could be the partner.

D

Deleted member

Falco could break away from Fox a la Luigi whilst Wolf takes on a similar but mostly different moveset.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Or the devs could do what, really, we all know they're going to: cut every SF character, then add the shopkeep from Star Fox Adventures.

"You pay THIS much!"
"Okay I'll sell it to you!"

kaid

Smash Master
You say Krystal is too new, but she's had 3 games so far, and major roles in two of them.

Wolf has only appeared in 3 games as well, (that were actually releaced... SF2 is not counted) and only in Assault was his role significant.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I swore never to return to the Brawl boards until the game was out, but I said this topic as the most recently posted so I couldn't resist, being a big Wolf fan 'n' all, and I happened across this:

Popularity doesn't mean ****...
I couldn't resist. Numa Dude, shut the hell up. Popularity is the most important factor. End of discussion. It isn't a "fan based fighter" for no reason.

EDIT: Dammit, I need to get out of here before I get consumed again

The DS game, Krystal was what drove the plot.
Hardly, she was just another factor. The Anglars were the main focus the whole time, never Krystal. Not to mention that game has so many different story points that this is nearly impossible to argue. If you play Falco's story all the way through, Krystal is hardly mentioned. Falco is easily a million times more important than Krystal if you never decide to help Fox. I would say, while a fun game, Star Fox DS is hardly a credual game.

D

Deleted member

'Don't agree. Wolf's been in there since '64. If only we didn't have to count the two abominational SF:A games. They ruined the series for me... Including a character from them over a character from then would piss me off unimaginably. Wolf is one of the most popular choices for 'Brawl, too.

D

Deleted member

I guess Peppy and Slippy are really low on the list, they should be.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd be pissed if they put in Andross or his nephew. Peppy and Slippy aren't even worth mentioning and I don't want to see another teammate unless Wolf is included [who else is there? Certainly not Andross].

Yay 1900th post

Blazer

Smash Ace
Wolf is a bit more important overall I think. (I have not yet played Command. I'm saving money to buy a DS for it...) In Assault, Krystal played no real role whatsoever. She was as big as say Slippy. Adventures failed but, opininons aside Krystal was important. Actually when you think about it in adventures Krystal's main role was to sit in a crystal for the whole game.... But she still was a huge storyline factor I suppose. In 64 Krystal didn't appear but Wolf did. In 64 Wolf's role was to act as the anti-Star fox team. He was a reoccuring villain character, which is uncommon for Star Fox.

In essence, Wolf's roles to my knowledge are more important than Krystal's. Just an opinion though.

D

Deleted member

The little kiddies that liked the terrible games with Krystal probably prefer her, but everyone else is more for Wolf. He deserves it. He's the only recurring character, and the only origional StarWolf member still in it except for Leon. He's also been in every game except 'Adventure, which lacked any mature content whatsoever.

D

Deleted member

It's almost equal. As a 'Smash character Krystal has more potential because of her staff, but as far as actual popularity goes Wolf might have the edge.

kaid

Smash Master
That's what I said. About the same number of people want each in brawl, with Krystal having a slight edge.

After all, when it comes down to popularity vs playability... Pichu was popular, once...

D

Deleted member

Hopefully we'll get both characters. They're both important characters.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Falco is actualy more popular than wolf and tied with krys,so i do not see that happening.Dont me started on the best SF character falco

D

Deleted member

Falco shouldn't be taken out... That should only ever have happened if he dropped out of StarFox forever and didn't appear in 'Adventure, Assault and Command. But he didn't.

D

Deleted member

Fox and Krystal together in the same game... Imagine the videos, imagine the response from certain fans. If Krystal's taunt had her stretching at all people would be all over her. The nightmares!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom