• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i started with diddy, realized i failed with nanners and moved on to peach but she's too much of a wimp so i went to wolf who's the perfect mix of awkward color choices and ruggedness. ike and snake as secondaries just aid the manliness

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
My progression was Fox -> Wolf -> Falco

I don't play competitively but I can't beat my one friend when he plays Snake if I'm Wolf, so I play Falco.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i added wolf to my play roster when my cousin got tired of using him (i blocked all his Fsmash spam)
it was pretty easy to get started since i already play as JP, lots of Bair jst w/a worse recovery

tekkie

Smash Master
i always used kirby in every smash game until brawl and did for a while until i actually started playing it a lot. then i started switching around looking for people and was all "zomg wolf is cool" and now look what happened

still use kirby and others though :bee:

pulse131

Smash Ace
so ya i think another good second for wolf is diddy if you dont mind using him. good(or at least not bad) against those who pwn wolf (D3, pika, falco, wario). so ya ive been doing some trianin with diddy and will try will as a counter next tourny.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
so ya i think another good second for wolf is diddy if you dont mind using him. good(or at least not bad) against those who pwn wolf (D3, pika, falco, wario). so ya ive been doing some trianin with diddy and will try will as a counter next tourny.
Good luck with your nanners

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
pulse i was actually thinking of picking up diddy as well haha. i won't be using him as a counter at mlg, though

i went wolf/zelda -> link -> toon link -> wolf/zelda XD

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya hes been picking up wolfs slack nicely. i mean, its not like mk couldnt do just as good or better, but its working out just as planned. lades and gents i do believe i have found myself a good secondary.

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
I ignored wolfs bad matchups.
At the end of the day, if you play smart enough, you will win, no matter what character you face.

tekkie

Smash Master
I ignored wolfs bad matchups.
At the end of the day, if you play smart enough, you will win, no matter what character you face.
there are characters that make using wolf a suicide mission. since the brawl metagame is turning into "play as gay as possible" the number of chaingrabbing D3s/pikachus/warios isnt going down

pulse131

Smash Ace
basically against D3, falco, wario, and pika. only for tournies. other then that ill wolf whatever

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Just played Zen for an hour. He is still too good.

Best Wolf and doesn't even main Wolf.

Well Kain is best Wolf to me, then Zen, Choice, JJ, Jumpman. In that order.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Just played Zen for an hour. He is still too good.

Best Wolf and doesn't even main Wolf.

Well Kain is best Wolf to me, then Zen, Choice, JJ, Jumpman. In that order.
It's awesome how there are a lot of good wolfs now. I'm a lot happier now for wolf's metagame compared to when it was just me and omniswell

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It's awesome how there are a lot of good wolfs now. I'm a lot happier now for wolf's metagame compared to when it was just me and omniswell
You should play him sometime. He is usually in AiB chatroom. Zen is better then Bloodcross. I guarantee that.

Edit: I mean on Wi-Fi he is better.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I graduated from high school today. Optional graduation ceremony on Sunday I'ma go to. Finally got to throw away all of those papers from middle school and high school (yeah, I kept every single paper I got from every year of middle school and high school, dunno why. That was a LOT of paper though).

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Once upon a time in the world of smash there was a character named wolf who was widely considered high tier and better than most.
He sat upon his throne and went about his way back kicking animals through the air and eating woffles.
but then a big mean penguin decided he didnt like wolf anymore and with the help of a yellow rat, a bat with a sword, a greedy bread loving falcon and a magical ****** he thought up a plan to dethrone wolf

together they lured wolf into a secluded area of smashville and proceeded to sit on, down throw, and kick him until he was forced to run away and give up his title

so he stayed in middle to low tier until a brave gallant man named barricuda drifter came along and said, "hey, that's not cool" and went about doing something about it

the end

edit: holy crap i didnt even notice that link before XD thats pretty awesome. if i wasnt scared of getting beat up i'd wear a tail to the next tourny i go to

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Good news guys, Wolf is getting more rep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77sJT8O56E

Why does everyone I know keep mentioning this >.< Oh well, like I've told everyone, before anyone goes all "Those are bad people cause that one girl killed a dog", she didn't kill it. It was road kill and some people knew she likes animal skulls so they gave it to her to clean up and stuff.

I swear I'm not secretly a ninja who knows everything

tekkie

Smash Master
Why does everyone I know keep mentioning this >.< Oh well, like I've told everyone, before anyone goes all "Those are bad people cause that one girl killed a dog", she didn't kill it. It was road kill and some people knew she likes animal skulls so they gave it to her to clean up and stuff.

I swear I'm not secretly a ninja who knows everything

but you are secretly a high schooler from houston, and rumors spread fast lol

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I graduated from high school today. Optional graduation ceremony on Sunday I'ma go to. Finally got to throw away all of those papers from middle school and high school (yeah, I kept every single paper I got from every year of middle school and high school, dunno why. That was a LOT of paper though).

conwolfulations, i saved papers too that i got rid of after graduation
Good news guys, Wolf is getting more rep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77sJT8O56E

:o

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
he was the one secretly masterminding the whole thing unbenownst to everyone else until about 85% through the game, classic jrpg style XD

pulse131

Smash Ace
genius!! wario wasnt part of wolfs downfall as supreme ruler. he is just there to make it werse. i getchyuh.
well shlt if thats the only reason wolf is as low as he is, that and his ability to not recover at times, then i feel no reason to ever dump em off. -not that i ever thought that before- did with link tho o.o

Gah777

Smash Lord
Man, it feels like I haven't been here in forever... I got REALLY absorbed onto MH3, I'm talken' 13+ hours a day. But now that Devastation is coming up I gotta start practicing again. So what's been goin' on with errebody?

tekkie

Smash Master
Man, it feels like I haven't been here in forever... I got REALLY absorbed onto MH3, I'm talken' 13+ hours a day. But now that Devastation is coming up I gotta start practicing again. So what's been goin' on with errebody?
wolf still sucks but i'm getting ready for devastation :O

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
So, everyone, is the consensus between everyone on Wolf boards that Wario is a hard MU?

I'm not putting this in MU discussion because I'm asking for what the general consensus is among Wolf boards (and even Wario boards), not in-depth conversation. So what does everyone think? I don't think the MU is that bad.

Top Bottom