• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Fixed.

**** Gamefreak yo.

:059:
i'm a little weirded out by the final evolution of my cute lil' otter tbh, but maybe it'll be cool?
that little scruffy dog one is cool...til it evolves

choroneko is legit though, its this generations skitty, imma be all over that. the leopard it evolves into...no, not happening Dx

that eagle was awesome, its baby evolution was cute too.
broccoli monkey ftw? @_@ and a rasta monkey

i'm loving that little vampire bug thing that evolves into an emo, its 3rd evolution is alright as well

the 3rd evolution of the alligator...well... good job gamefreak? you made a phallus pokemon xD

the duck is cute, the swan is terrifying and wtf ICE CREAM POKEMON

the electric spiders are epic

the staple dragon evolution is looking good which is a relief. i always like them

all the legendaries at least look appropriately interesting and unique i guess.

i wasnt too sad or happy about the new list but there looks like there's some good ones in there that i'm interested in. and... i want, no... i NEED

meloia! :D i dont care how bad that thing is i need it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I played a bit of Wolf matches with Trela today.
Got him down to one stock both times. Not bad, I suppose.

Wolf's shine da bess. <333~

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Don't worry JJ, it's being taken care of as we speak ;D
Except not really because I'm lazy <3

Spoiler tags da bess. Homework isn't. Fml.

Good stuff Espy :3 Jumpshine vs Lucario is too good, amirite? :p

D

Deleted member

Metroid: Other M is really good so far. I'm liking how cinematic it is.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
you mean a lesbi- i mean, a short haired muscular attractive woman? ;D

i liked it too. finally a game that made me want to play my wii again that wasnt brawl...
i need ppl to play in brawl Dx

new donkey kong/kirby <3 <3 <3
my wii gets much love this holiday season

D

Deleted member

Just beat Ristar for the second time ever.

God, Greedy is so freakin' tough.

I think he'd be an awesome candidate for the next Smash game.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Has anyone taken a look at the ability "heart of justice"? All of the 5th gen "legendary dogs" have it. It boost their attack if hit with a dark type move. Dark pokemon were already poor and underused before, now all the new ones (and old ones) don't stand a chance with these kind of counters. Btw, all of their secondary types are fighting. :(

Gah777

Smash Lord
well, as STAB attacks. That ability also makes the pokemon with it immune to dark type attacks. There aren't too many dark types in usage in todays metagame anyway, but the two new good ones (Zoroark and Sazando) just got countered in their own generation. Also, one of the top threats in the current metagame, Tyranitar, just got hard countered, since now even Lucario is capable of getting this ability. All you have to do is predict/bait a dark pokemon their STAB and that's a free switch-in and setup (upon switch-in).

On a side note, there is now an ability that makes pokemon immune to residual damage (i.e. sandstorm, stealthrock, spikes, curse, poison, etc.) so you can say g'bye to sandstorm teams and spikers (my favorite strategies btw). There's even a move that changes the opponents type to water. This could make the pokemon in a sandstorm team vulnerable to their own strategy.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

There are a few things i'm looking forward to though, even with the new weird changes and half of this generations pokemon being garbage (literally there is one that's a pile of garbage. It looks like someone puked on a brick).

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, 5th gen is... weird. Did you notice the emphasis on physical sweepers over special sweepers? I kinda wish they'd balance it out a bit more :< Idk about all the abilities yet, but something tells me gen5 will be all over the ****ing place X_x

Gah777

Smash Lord
Yeah, 5th gen is... weird. Did you notice the emphasis on physical sweepers over special sweepers? I kinda wish they'd balance it out a bit more :< Idk about all the abilities yet, but something tells me gen5 will be all over the ****ing place X_x

I noticed that in Gen 4, but it seemed like there were a few more special sweeper threats in Gen 5. Zoroark, that ghost chandelier, and Sazando to name a few. Then there's a move thats power is based off of the pokemons special attack, but hits the opponent in their defense. Lucario has Nasty Plot now.

Politoad and Ninetails have weather affect abilities (drizzle and drought respectively) meaning that there is some serious competition for sandstorm teams.

something tells me gen5 will be all over the ****ing place X_x
Yeah, I get that feeling too...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Blaziken with speed boost is going to be one **** mixed sweeper though :3 Idk, there are going to be a lot of possibilities, I wonder which ones will hold up the best competitively :o

Also, new matchup stuff is up :3

KRDsonic

Smash Master
On a side note, there is now an ability that makes pokemon immune to residual damage (i.e. sandstorm, stealthrock, spikes, curse, poison, etc.) so you can say g'bye to sandstorm teams and spikers (my favorite strategies btw). There's even a move that changes the opponents type to water. This could make the pokemon in a sandstorm team vulnerable to their own strategy.
Clefable already had this.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zangoose has Poison Ramapage.

I don't give a **** about anything else. Everyone dies now.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Only one page of writing since I've been gone. Profound disappointment Wolf's.

Got back from North Carolina. I miss it already ;__;

.AC.

Smash Lord
i have found the secret to wolf, expect to see me never lose again ;)

Top Bottom