• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I like using dair out of a FH (especially against tall characters) because of how huge the disjoint is lol. Ends up hitting a lot of people if they whiff their attack due to your jump, and it's not too slow. A lot safer than SH dair imo, the pullback animation is more helpful when you're above your opponent.

:059:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I only half-*** attempt to spike ledge hops/jumps. It works occasionally. But I don't include Dair in my game properly. ...or Uair/Utilt/Ftilt.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Uair is godlike. Not that good for kills compared to fair, but juggled like a boss. I still can't take utilt seriously, especially after seeing the hitbox on aerial opponents xD It kills around the same % as usmash though, right?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yo i was just watching some matches of Shiro.
Shiro you're pretty good man, but you need to watch your fsmashes. I feel like i caught you using it on shield alot and that's bad news bears O.o

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
which is like never ;_;

unless its super fresh maybe :3
Which usmash should never be :p

Speaking of fsmash, can we discuss how fsmash really isn't as good as we all probably thought it was two years ago? People DIing out after the first hit makes it really important to space the attack well, if they're within the first half of fsmash's range it's better to just go with something like ftilt imo (which also helps keep fsmash fresh for kills :3)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Tipper Fsmashes are great for punishing. I think they're good but not reliable for multiple hits.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I just charge a Dsmash at high percents, Usmash at low percents, maybe a Pgrab, and if they're landing away from me i either Fsmash or DACUS

Rizen

Smash Legend
Fsmash and blaster space well together. Wolf can shoot enemies in the air and Fsmash their landing. I use it more as a punisher than a traditional Fsmash. The speed and range are nice.
The disjointedness isn't great, Wolf can be jabbed or grabbed out of it. That ruins most of Fsmash's approach value.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I noticed Kain gives high fives a lot with his Wolf, that f-air is really good...

But my favorite Wolffle move is nair, I like how it can lead into stuff if you hit the part that does hitstun after the initial damage.

tekkie

Smash Master
Fsmash and blaster space well together. Wolf can shoot enemies in the air and Fsmash their landing. I use it more as a punisher than a traditional Fsmash. The speed and range are nice.
The disjointedness isn't great, Wolf can be jabbed or grabbed out of it. That ruins most of Fsmash's approach value.
if they're falling, FH blaster > something on teh ground is awesome if they airdodge the blaster and don't DI enough

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah, I try to only use Fsmash when I think i've got a hard read or if I plan to hit them with it's last hit. It's still a great addition to our punish game.

Also I looooove Dair on the edge and offstage. It's just so amazing, lol.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I use Fsmash way too much, all the guys say I can get predictable with it :/ but against my friend who is an Ike player I love when I walk slightly back when he is trying to fair, fsmash, or usmash and then I just punish him with fsmash since its range is further XD

Also here is an interesting vid someone showed me, some of you call him TheReflexWonder!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msLNPn17hi8

Zync

Smash Journeyman
If people are drifting away, Fsmash should be always a good atack to punish landing foes, al though the timing can be tricky, since Ishley said theres only about 3-4 frames of vunerability.

I thought utilt was a garbage move, after i saw the grounded vs air hitboxes, then it became really awesome, and its kinda "instant" compared to usmash

Dair i just dunno why im using it too much, most of the time I get away with a trade or I just get away with it and its a whooping 15%.

Im not still convinced on the Ftilt though, its not so good, and on shield its terrible, may work for mix ups but still nto a move Id rely much on.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Ftilt comes out fast and it's got transcendent priority. Use it more. It's a good mix-up after your bairs, or just in general. Don't overuse it, but that goes without saying. I also really like our janky Utilt, people don't expect it and if you can make it a read it comes out so fast and either leads to death or juggle material. I use it OoS most of the time, although we all know Usmash OoS is generally superior. It just gets so stale. I feel like lot's of our moveset is very underrated. Walk away stutter step Fsmash is another thing I feel people don't use enough.

Also obligatory <3 for Nair. <33

:wolf:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, ftilt is pretty good if you hit them with the second hit only (tipper), but that's kinda tough and unrealistic :/ not bad on aerial opponents though, and decent when you're behind someone.

Utilt is our fastest vertically-hitting move, but... it's still utilt :/ are there any specific ways in which you guys use utilt?

@ double-jumping video, that actually wasn't made by Reflex haha, here's the link to the original thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14284923 I honestly feel it should be common knowledge, but that's kinda because if you're caught without your dj as Wolf you can get in some serious trouble, whereas with Wario you can still bike and outmaneuver your opponent with ridiculous aerial control to land "safer". Either way, you need to be careful with it, because your dj is such a huge resource and you never know when you might need to count on it to escape a sticky situation.

EDIT: I kinda agree with Sinister, a lot of our moveset isn't bad, just outclassed by our star moves. When it comes to keeping things fresh, walking around and spacing ftilt actually isn't too bad lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I use turnaround utilt when walking away.

Or I use it to poke on platforms.

Other than that, I be bairin'.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah, Utilt has the potential to be a really good poke under BF platforms.

shoutouts to Bair dancing

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Utilt can reach oponents on the SV plataform, it pseudo-combos with Fair at low percents (not below 15%) and its pretty good if you were trying to juggle, but the opponent somehow got to a height where you will most likely miss if you try an aereal but Utilt would hit. Situational but helpful

On a different topic.... Who has tried making a good use of the SUPER RAMIN CANCEL on smashville???? Its simply awesome.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I do think Utilt is a really good move, I should use it more instead of Usmash. Also I think it might be safe then using Usmash under platforms since you don't keep a hitbox up as long.

On a different topic.... Who has tried making a good use of the SUPER RAMIN CANCEL on smashville???? Its simply awesome.
Sheesh that is crazy platform cancelling o0

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Disjointed =/= transcendent. If ftilt were transcendent you wouldn't be able to stop like TL arrows and stuff with it.

Ish, are you in NY / NJ by the time of the next Apex.

Top Bottom