• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
nintendo's new console is called the "Wii-u" which is pretty horrible sounding imo xD

i guess its a controller that can play HD console games? it was really confusing to try and understand... they kept calling it a console, but there was no console, and they stressed that its "not just a handheld"

regardless....

they announced that there is a new smash bro's coming to both the 3DS and the Wii-U
if the Wii-U is just a fancy wii controller with better graphics and wifi then i guess we can look forwards to a (maybe) better smash =D
hopefully wolf is still in it though

Choice

Smash Champion
i hope we can use the balance board this time.

i'm really sad they did not announce Cooking Mama U
=/

D

Deleted member

I want Wolf, but I also want a Kingdom Hearts character to make an appearance in the new Smash.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah i saw it a bit after the post, just looks like a rounded wii =/ kinda wanted something more aesthetically pleasing but its not bad.
probably gonna sell my wii when the new smash gets a release date and pick up a wii-u

does it look like it could have GCC ports on the sides maybe? i really hope so, i'm not against learning a new way to play smash but i luff my GCC

edit: KRD is right, more furries

Choice

Smash Champion
i'm hoping that they release some other traditional styled controller that can be used as well. gamecube controllers definitely must be behind in technology as far as sensitivity and etc. i mean that console came out such a long time ago.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
According to the Houston thread, there are no GC slots so GC controllers will probably not be able to be used, but other Wii controllers (Wii/Chuck, Classic controller, etc) will be usable. So I'm just learning to play with a wiimote and nunchuck now. I just hate the button layout though. I'm not used to using the left side of my controller for anything other than moving and taunting.

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i'm sure there'll be some 3rd party knock off or something xD

i guess the classic controller isnt too bad once you get used to its shape

KRDsonic

Smash Master
We also don't know what the new system's controller will be like. For all I know, it may be good and I'll want to use it. I'm still learning Wii/Chuck though, just in case.

Hmm, I can't really think of any characters I'd want in the new smash game that would actually have somewhat of a chance of getting in (Sabin from FF6 GOGOGO! 0% chance :( ).

Edit: I now remember the scary part about a new smash game getting announced: Not knowing if your main will be in the next game or not. I really don't want Wolf gone now D: I remember it was scary when me and jS didn't know who was going to be kept in Brawl after Melee because I mained ICs and he mained Dr. Mario and both of those characters had a high chance of leaving. Wolf has a fairly good chance of not staying also.

Choice

Smash Champion
ice climbers should be broken down into ice climber. you pick one, final smash gives you both. the new controller looks good, but i wouldnt want to carry it around to tourneys =3

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
if everyone played smash on their controllers what would tournies be like

it'd be funny to see 100+ ppl crowded around individuals with controllers

KRDsonic

Smash Master
If Wolf gets cut then I can no longer be worst wolf.

And I'll probably end up having to main Fox instead.

And that will make me sad because Fox mains are supposed to be rivals to us.

And Foxes are smaller and don't stand as much of a chance against Wolves.

We were superior but Sakurai is threatening our people with slavery and death.

SOS

Choice

Smash Champion
leon would be tight. i think peppy would be cool too though. he's a hair so he can jump high but since he's old he runs slow =3

his tech would be better too and he can scan your shields

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So Nintendo is just going to start porting over their crappy N64 games and turn them into 3D. Great. fyi the 64 is the worst nintendo system ever, other than the Wii.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't have any interest in Krystal being in for some reason, but then again Smash does need more female characters.

Edit: Oh wait duh I have no interest in her being in. I know nothing about her cause the only star fox game I've really played is 64

Edit: My prediction for the roster:

Mario
Yoshi
Pikachu
Falco
Samus
King Dedede
R.O.B.

Everyone else removed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
nintendo's new console is called the "Wii-u" which is pretty horrible sounding imo xD
I thought this about the Wii too.
I want more furries in the next smash.

There, saved the trouble of beating around the bush about it.

Is Wolf technically a furry?

We were superior but Sakurai is threatening our people with slavery and death.

SOS

^Welcome to Link's world.
Krystal is more likely then Leon and Peppy though.
She could have a staff like in SFA: Dinosaur Planet (speaking of dumb names).

Gah777

Smash Lord
So, I just heard about the new smash. Are there any details on it? It's going to be weird with the new controller...

Edit: Just looked into it, and they haven't started development for it yet. It could be 3 years before it's even released...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
waaaaaaaaaaaaa???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
I mean, if you take away the WiiWare and its ability ability to not only download and play mega man 9, but Mega Man 10 as well, and the Virtual Console's ability to play Mega Man 1/2/3/4/X, all the Wii is good for is playing Brawl or Gamecube games such as Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Mega Man X Anniversary Collection or Melee.

Smash 64, Ogre Battle 64, Paper Mario and Mario Tennis are the only reasons to ever play your 64, but you can download those to the Wii. Ocarina of Time, should be with the master Quest on the Gamecube version, so yeah.

Anyway, I understand why you are so confused. You are correct, the Wii is superior to both the 64 and the Gamecube due to backwards capabilities and Mega Man 9 and 10.

The SNES and NES are vastly superior in gameplay, control, concepts, music and dare I say graphics to the 64 outside of a few games that weren't blurry and craptastic. I can't say the same with music in the gamecube, but the rest is mostly true. Bless you Paper Mario. Also, some of the best games of those systems aren't available on VC, though after this argument, I can't say that the Wii is worse than the SNES/NES so it will be held to the highest esteem with those grand systems.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I mean, if you take away the WiiWare and its ability ability to not only download and play mega man 9, but Mega Man 10 as well, and the Virtual Console's ability to play Mega Man 1/2/3/4/X, all the Wii is good for is playing Brawl or Gamecube games such as Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Mega Man X Anniversary Collection or Melee.

Smash 64, Ogre Battle 64, Paper Mario and Mario Tennis are the only reasons to ever play your 64, but you can download those to the Wii. Ocarina of Time, should be with the master Quest on the Gamecube version, so yeah.

Anyway, I understand why you are so confused. You are correct, the Wii is superior to both the 64 and the Gamecube due to backwards capabilities and Mega Man 9 and 10.

The SNES and NES are vastly superior in gameplay, control, concepts, music and dare I say graphics to the 64 outside of a few games that weren't blurry and craptastic. I can't say the same with music in the gamecube, but the rest is mostly true. Bless you Paper Mario. Also, some of the best games of those systems aren't available on VC, though after this argument, I can't say that the Wii is worse than the SNES/NES so it will be held to the highest esteem with those grand systems.
10/10 Mega Men. Would gladly read again.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
This is going to be 5 posts in a row from Nebraska now. I just noticed that Mega Man went from TM to (R) to TM again...what's up with that. Also, I like The Mega Man 1-6 way of putting Mega Man than the 7-10 ones. What about you guys? As far as aesthetic appeal.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
This is why we are friends.
I try.

OMG Dan actually sig that too good.
Too bad it won't fit in an actual post. I want to devour everyone's screens.

Now to something relevant to the Wolf boards:

Play more Mega Man 9.

Now to something slightly less relevant to the Wolf boards:

I used to play League of Legends super seriously. Was in the top 10% for ELO at one point, and entered the WCG tournament last year. I quit for a bit, but having been getting back into it, and are looking for people to play with.
Basically I think the pro level in that game is utter **** and want four other capable people to help me shut them down and win tons of money.
If any of you are interested add me in game, my name's Vijaya.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Make it 7 in a row, also I was referring to the way that they shade Mega Man in, with the blue/white and almost green shades and red at the top

Top Bottom