• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
sometimes they keep taunting after you've respawned letting you hit them :D

cpu samus doesnt use zair, wolf doesnt shine and snake loves the cipher too much... silly cpu
i wish my CPUs did that, they never taunt until i can hit them. D:<
my snake always blows himself up, drops the C4 then hits downb again >.>

pulse131

Smash Ace
weegee is best cpu and always has been old news ruh huh hape. snake blows tho with not knowing how to recover correctly and just kinda not doing anything a snake should do. he gets the sticky off tho sometimes in situations i would never imagine it working :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Except... that wouldn't test what he's saying...

The main difference is a lvl 9 will ONLY do moves that tend to hit more on your console, and consistently PS and AD (The consistent ADing after every hit is the main reason people use other CPUs to practice, when at all), whereas lvl 8's will be less predictable, but also worse skill-wise.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think I found a way how to always punish MKs tornado even if you get hit by it. Apparently the japanese have already been doing this as meep found out over at the IC boards:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10807444#post10807444

I also came to this conclusion but through my own testings. Even if MK does an aerial tornado you can DI + SDI towards the center which gives you time to airdodge through it. Wolf however actually can shine MK out of the tornado as soon as he manages to just get a single free frame which is enough to trigger Shine's invincibility. You can even combo it into either AAA or dtilt with AAA being the better option imo.

JJ told me some time ago on aim that you can't DI out of an aerial tornado but this should work with most characters. At least I know Wolf can get a free shine even if MK actually hits Wolf with the aerial tornado. Grounded Tornados are very easy to DI out of anyway.
If you look at the video meep posted you'll see at 0:40 that 9B manages to only take 7% with the ICs. That means even a fresh, successfully executed tornado will do 7%, whereas the guaranteed Shine -> AAA afterwards does 12%. In other words: If MK uses his Tornado successfully it gives you a 5% advantage not considering that Wolf has a stronger weight / KO power ratio than MK.
You guys shoud seriously implement this. If you can do it there is no situation in which you can NOT punish a Tornado - even if he hits you "perfectly" with it. You can usmash shielded tornados and even if he fully retreats it you can catch him with DACUS (I actually stole that from TKD's Fox - he did a dashin usmash). Now you can punish him with 12% for using the tornado in the best possible manner.

:059:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I think I found a way how to always punish MKs tornado even if you get hit by it. Apparently the japanese have already been doing this as meep found out over at the IC boards:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10807444#post10807444

I also came to this conclusion but through my own testings. Even if MK does an aerial tornado you can DI + SDI towards the center which gives you time to airdodge through it. Wolf however actually can shine MK out of the tornado as soon as he manages to just get a single free frame which is enough to trigger Shine's invincibility. You can even combo it into either AAA or dtilt with AAA being the better option imo.

JJ told me some time ago on aim that you can't DI out of an aerial tornado but this should work with most characters. At least I know Wolf can get a free shine even if MK actually hits Wolf with the aerial tornado. Grounded Tornados are very easy to DI out of anyway.
If you look at the video meep posted you'll see at 0:40 that 9B manages to only take 7% with the ICs. That means even a fresh, successfully executed tornado will do 7%, whereas the guaranteed Shine -> AAA afterwards does 12%. In other words: If MK uses his Tornado successfully it gives you a 5% advantage not considering that Wolf has a stronger weight / KO power ratio than MK.
You guys shoud seriously implement this. If you can do it there is no situation in which you can NOT punish a Tornado - even if he hits you "perfectly" with it. You can usmash shielded tornados and even if he fully retreats it you can catch him with DACUS (I actually stole that from TKD's Fox - he did a dashin usmash). Now you can punish him with 12% for using the tornado in the best possible manner.

That's pretty interesting. I'll try it sometime. I know I've been able to get out of tornado with Wolf at low percents by SDIing down too.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm unbanned from playstation network tomorrow :D
now if i can just keep my sexual deviancy down a tad i shouldn't be banned again :/

i'm still coming for you though tekkie. and ish
The more the merrier ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: lol @ Gheb's link. I can't wait for people to actually get a good grip on SDI.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I was SDI-ing>Shine out of the tornado yesterday, although depending on how high off the ground you are, you may not get the jabs.

Also, after having tried the MU against a good MK, wow, I guess it really isn't all that bad...

So while I would love to have Wolf in low tier, what exactly keeps him from high tier? Falco and D3?

D

Deleted member

D3 is Wolf's biggest issue IMO, but other than that...I dunno, I think he's pretty good.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I don't think that Wolf has a single matchup worse than 40:60 at top levels. Including MK (with LGL in play), D3 (with smallstep chaingrab banned, which... I think it is? Idk), Falco, Wario, Pikachu, Sheik, etc.

Thoughts?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I don't think that Wolf has a single matchup worse than 40:60 at top levels. Including MK (with LGL in play), D3 (with smallstep chaingrab banned, which... I think it is? Idk), Falco, Wario, Pikachu, Sheik, etc.

Thoughts?

I'd be inclined to agree. But Sheik and Wario would be 65-35 with Cg and tilt lock till further notice.

.AC.

Smash Lord
wolf is really good at avoiding grabs though, i dont think the matchup vs wario is that horrible.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
The wario MU isn't that hard. And neither is the sheik one

Its jus DDD, and pika on certain stages

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What AC said basically. Wolf can avoid the grab through a combination of his character properties and intelligent stage choices, so... in a set, the only time it might be a real problem MU is if the opponent has two good stages to take us to on a CP, which I don't think is the case for anyone (maybe MK?).

.AC.

Smash Lord
What AC said basically. Wolf can avoid the grab through a combination of his character properties and intelligent stage choices, so... in a set, the only time it might be a real problem MU is if the opponent has two good stages to take us to on a CP, which I don't think is the case for anyone (maybe MK?).

mk's only horrible-for- wolf- cp is raibow cruise as wolf does extremely good against mk on brinstar and does ok in delphino. i dont really thing any matchup is worse than 6-4 tbh. wolf might just be way better at higher levels of play.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
The dthrow has to be stale for that cg to work. Ban FD.
Ahhh... I was about to ask about that, since I got double blinded and mind****ed by a peach player who expected me to go Wolf and went Pika, but then couldn't seem to get that Dthrow CG to work.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ahhh... I was about to ask about that, since I got double blinded and mind****ed by a peach player who expected me to go Wolf and went Pika, but then couldn't seem to get that Dthrow CG to work.
Well people who just pick Pika to do it, but don't actually practice the Cg usually can't do it anyway...

The Cg is a BUFFERED dthrow. If they mess up even once you can get out by shining. Just keep mashing down b.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Well people who just pick Pika to do it, but don't actually practice the Cg usually can't do it anyway...

The Cg is a BUFFERED dthrow. If they mess up even once you can get out by shining. Just keep mashing down b.
it's better to mash jump in case they just shield it

D

Deleted member

I can't sleep. :(

I'm just browsing SWF until I get tired, but I think I'll be up all night. Might as well grind in Pokemon SS.

Top Bottom