• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's such a BULLSHIT thing to say, dude. How can you possibly discredit my victory by saying some garbage like that?

What the f*ck is this idea that players can't improve and that a reputation is everything?

Why is it when someone beats M2K, it's not congrats for that someone, it's 'OMG M2K IS SLIPPING'.

Jman did really well, and was beating everyone that placed higher than him all day.

How the hell could he NOT CARE if he took a f*cking plane from New York to Florida to play in a tournament?

And for the record I've only ever cared about the money, so f*ck that theory that it hurts your game.
It doesn't hurt your game, it hurts you afterwards.. you are left in frustration because you could not attain it. It's just bad for the heart in general. And also that would make you a greedy ******* lol.

Also well.. what do you expect, you were most likely the underdog coming into this and then a top player gets beaten by you. What do people think? Exactly what you said because it's not "possible" for them to believe that this guy lost. You know like the invulnerability that top players SHOULD have?

I'm gonna say lol to that since no one is a ****ing god here and everyone can lose and win no matter what. But you know fanboys right? They will definitely put you down over and over. **** them and keep going. =P

Good **** again =)

chaddd

Smash Lord
It doesn't hurt your game, it hurts you afterwards.. you are left in frustration because you could not attain it. It's just bad for the heart in general. And also that would make you a greedy ******* lol.

Also well.. what do you expect, you were most likely the underdog coming into this and then a top player gets beaten by you. What do people think? Exactly what you said because it's not "possible" for them to believe that this guy lost. You know like the invulnerability that top players SHOULD have?

I'm gonna say lol to that since no one is a ****ing god here and everyone can lose and win no matter what. But you know fanboys right? They will definitely put you down over and over. **** them and keep going. =P

Good **** again =)
What bothers me is the consideration that I was the underdog.

I've been winning this **** for a long time and beating "top players" for a long time with absolutely no recognition. This tournament is not the first one where I've taken games from M2K or Mango, but no one ever wants to hear about that because it wasn't brackets or whatever.

I've also played Jman in pools once before and it was 2-1 there I believe, too. That's where people get confused. Jman was beating me all day no problem, our brackets match was a small window of all our games that could have seemingly gone either way.

It's not like I even did some amazing sh*t really, either. I won at a video game, but still people somehow fail to recognize it as anything other than a fluke. Even when I've done it before.

No one's into paying attention and getting facts, they just like to assume.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman

Good **** again =)
You know that you beat Mango JUST BECAUSE HE WAS DRUNK?!

Not because YOU ARE A BEAST!!!

This uppens all the time.
If you beat a top player ppl 'll john for him. No metter how good you are or how well you played the match.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Top tier, top tier, high tier, and top tier. Thanks for proving my point. Just because certain people can't perform it doesn't mean it's impossible. I've seen sheiks do it. No game is perfect. Melee is not greater than Brawl nor is Brawl greater than Melee. It's like you're converting people. One being better than the other is subjective. It can't be factually proven because the word better is based on opinion.

3 or 4 hit 0-death hit strings, even out of chain grabs, aren't combos imo. It's a gimp.

I know Sheer is a smash 64 player. I'm one too.
And whens the last time those three top tiers won a national?

So by your logic a chaingrab by marth>SHDF>fsmash is a gimp. That makes no sense.

Sorry to offend you chaddd. I know you're on Jmans level, his placings have been getting worse thats all I'm saying.

imo you and eggm are the 2 most underrated people in the country.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i remember when chaddd beat some really good players and then nobody talked about it.

oh, wait, that always happens :/

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
M2k plays Marth and Fox. Mango plays Jiggs( and Falco) They're currently the top melee players.
M2K is the ONLY Marth, Foxes don't win a lot, puff is gay and we all know it, and Falco can't gimp.

They're currently melees top players? Hbox has been out placing M2K a lot, you seem to forget about Armada (peach), Amsah (sheik), Shiz (falco) and KAGE THE WARRIOR (GANONRAPE).

SleepyK

M2K is the ONLY Marth, Foxes don't win a lot, puff is gay and we all know it, and Falco can't gimp.
gdollars is showing promise
ether is a good marf
fullmetal has been doing well as of late

falco can't gimp? wut?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
gdollars is showing promise
ether is a good marf
fullmetal has been doing well as of late

falco can't gimp? wut?
I guess my definition of gimp is wrong. I guess spiking is considered gimping.

and I'm talking about top marths. Fullmetal, Ether, G$, and HBK don't seem to be there yet. Well maybe HBK.

SleepyK

generally gimps are regarded as low percent kills, as far as i know.
falco can do that

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
lawls.....maybe people just don't like you *personally*......chadd

I know some people who get rooted for simply cuz they're well-liked not necessarily cuz they're amazing or anything

by the same reasoning, those that are really good (but not at the top) may be ignored based on their general personality/attitude towards the game

A statement like " I don't give a ****, I do it only for the money anyway," doesn't really boost fanboy-faith in players with that sorta attitude .....but hey haters like haters too, and hating is as haters do.

whateva that means, lol

so have fun, and if the results come then don't expect any sorta rush to congratulate you, just take heart in the fact that you played well and made a little dough on the side !

if you love the game people will eventually respond to that and end up "loving" you too.

SleepyK

i don't think i've met a smasher who dislikes chaddd, as he is a cool guy

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
he's underrated tho.

When people think of good ganons who do people think of? Kage, Tommy, Linguini, and Rockcrock. And normally I think to myself "why does everybody always forget about chaddd? I knew who chaddd was wayy before I knew who Kage, Linguini, and Rockcrock were.".

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ALSO I ALMOST FORGOT. DARK DOLO AND HYLIAN LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME ROFL.

I pointed it out to Dphat and Gnes and their faces were priceless lmfaooo.
lol I get a lot of people telling me I look like someone they know, I'm no surprised at all.

Have a picture of him?

SleepyK

then you haven't met the midwest....lol jk jk

I'm sure as far as you know that's true !
actually, we went to VLS in 07. chaddd was pretty cool with dope and some of the other midwest smashers!

also chaddd used mostly ganon throughout 07-08, so him using fox is a more recent issue. he is just underrated and has been underrated.

HAT

Smash Ace
chaddd's pretty smart, but his real **** is his wavelands-- he's got that **** down perfectly.

but uh.. florida gaming. listen to me next time, lol. <3 i gotchu

anyway, what's up with the lack of a results thread.?

edit-- also. chaddd is an awesome dude. come up north for a tournament, man. ill provide the herbs.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yes.... Ive seen you like 3 times already now. Fast..whobo..genesis. I know what you look like lol.

Gnes and dphat agreed with me. He was just taller with more hair.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes.... Ive seen you like 3 times already now. Fast..whobo..genesis. I know what you look like lol.

Gnes and dphat agreed with me. He was just taller with more hair.
I know, I just like the chudat pose lol.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Good **** taking down that pic of you with them girls.

Was about to get trolled.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good **** taking down that pic of you with them girls.

Was about to get trolled.
I didn't mean to post it honestly lol I went back and look and was like "what the ****?" lol. Stupid photobucket ****.

CO18

Smash Hero
Wow they deleted brackets................................................................................... What terrible fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom