• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevershootme

Smash Master
dont charge ppl for housing,we'd get a hotel if we felt like paying be nice:(

luigis mansion?awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
i mean only 4 lucky individuals will be staying at my place with a lesser rate or free... i'd give u the cost breakdown, but you can do the math

hotel to venue is... at the venue itself.

like i said those OOS coming, let me know and i'll work out a plan...

Allied

Smash Master
Everyone should vote to get me a paid trip down (idk how that works)

But HERES THE CATCH PEOPLE

I am ADHDs/Diem/Atomsk/Zucco/everyone else's ride (depending on who wants to go)

so pay for me and i will bring them
see how this works :D

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Everyone should vote to get me a paid trip down (idk how that works)

But HERES THE CATCH PEOPLE

I am ADHDs/Diem/Atomsk/Zucco/everyone else's ride (depending on who wants to go)

so pay for me and i will bring them
see how this works :D
Get ADHD to pay for you with his SNES winnings.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
*link to tournament listings thread

VSA Winterfest 2009 Hosted by FRAMES

Bring a full set-up and your door fee will be reduced !

The Down Low
The Virtual Sport Association is the official name for Florida Gaming. VSA is Florida Gaming, therefore Florida Gaming is no more. We have been waiting for the right time to unveil this to the community. We feel the time is right!

Date

Friday December 18th - Sunday December 20th, 2009

This should be the day that many people begin their winter break. We are sorry if we couldnt pick a perfect day for everyone.

Location Orlando, FL
Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort & Convention Center
6375 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee, FL 34747 (407)-390-5800

Directions/Airport Info

The airport closest to the venue is the Orlando International Airport (airport code MCO). There is currently no (free) transportation to the venue from the airport so accommodations will need to be made in advance in order to arrive to the venue.

Schedule of Events (Tentative)

Friday December 18, 2009
6:00 PM - Venue opens, registration begins
7:00 PM - Melee Crews (Regional and 4-man)
10:00 PM - Brawl Crews (Regional and 4-man)
12:00 AM - Venue closes

Saturday December 19, 2009
8:00 AM - Venue opens, registration begins
10:00 AM - Registration ends
11:00 AM - Melee doubles pools
1:00 PM - Melee doubles bracket
4:00 PM - Melee singles pools
8:00 PM - Melee singles bracket
12:00 - Venue closes

Sunday December 20, 2009
8:00 AM - Venue opens registration begins
10:00 AM - Registration ends
11:00 AM - Brawl doubles pools
2:00 PM - Brawl doubles bracket
6:00 PM - Brawl singles pools
9:00 - Brawl singles bracket
12:00 - Venue closes

Out of country players
We have a special deal for if you are coming from another contry. You will pay no door fee nor will you pay entry, and we will find you housing as well, to any event that will be Smash related at Winterfest 2009. We know this is miniscule compared to the cost of the flight, but it will help somewhat.

Registration

You must pre-register for this event!
Register here: www.VSAgaming.com

Registration details

Early Registration Deadline: October 31th, 2009
  • $15 door fee
  • $10 event entry
Registration Deadline: December 11th, 2009
  • $20 door fee
  • $12 event entry
At door registration
  • $25 door fee
  • $15 event entry
REGISTRATION IS NOT UP YET - ALL PRICES AND PACKAGES WILL BE FINALIZED FRIDAY AUGUST 28!

ON ANOTHER NOTE CONCERNING DOOR FEE

The online registration for this event is FOR THE GAMES ONLY. It will not cover the payment for the door fee. Once registered online, we will charge for proper door fee. MAKE SURE YOU GO OVER THE DOOR FEE RULES FOR EARLY REGISTRATION!!!

RULES:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

4 stock
2/3 sets
3/5 finals
8 minute time limit
Items off
Ties broken by lives, then %
First stage agreed upon or random
Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Bring your own controller
Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Team Attack will be ON
Life stealing allowed

Wobbling is allowed unless both players agree to ban it if one of them is playing Ice Climbers, otherwise it may be used until 250 percent, in which case it is considered stalling the match.

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, onnett Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

All other levels open for counterpicks.

Regional crews rules

10 players per region
40 stock
stadium, fd, dreamland=randoms
yoshis/battlefield/FOD=counterpicks
if you pick a specific level, the opponent has the opportunity to switch chars. otherwise each crew will have everyone write down predetermined characters and who goes first.
The first stage is random or agreed on.

all crews will play each other in a round robin. best record of wins and losses win. If two crews die, aka go 4-1 or something, whoever won the head to head wins. If somehow the head to heads off set in a 3 way tie, winner will be determined by # of stock.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Best 2/3
Finals best 3/5

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

All other levels are BANNED.

Regional crews rules
10 players per region
30 stock
fd, battlefield, smashville = randoms
yoshis/lylat/PS1 = counterpicks
if you pick a specific level, the opponent has the opportunity to switch chars. otherwise each crew will have everyone write down predetermined characters and who goes first.
The first stage is random or agreed on.

all crews will play each other in a round robin. best record of wins and losses win. If two crews die, aka go 4-1 or something, whoever won the head to head wins. If somehow the head to heads off set in a 3 way tie, winner will be determined by # of stock.

Housing

*more info to come =D
These are the rules put into play. IDK why the OP isn't updated...but whatever.

Schedules are subject to change. Don't worry, frames is an amazing host.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
you charged people?

ur gay
Everyone gets the impression that I charged people during FAST.

Blame my dad.

But I mean, housing for four nights, rides to the airport and back, BREAKFAST in the morning for four days, rides to the VENUE to four days, showers for FOUR days, air conditioning for four days....you can see the reasoning.

Not to mention that it was around 15 people that I was housing in total.

DaShizWiz
KeepSpeedN
SmashMac
(1-4 random wato members)
CapNCrunch
M2K
DmBrandon
Inui
Pride
Xelic
DoH
PBnJ
Cort

+ at the same time myself and my two brothers, along with my two parents (who divorced the monday after the tournament)

.....but yeah, I won't charge for housing.

These are the rules put into play. IDK why the OP isn't updated...but whatever.

Schedules are subject to change. Don't worry, frames is an amazing host.
Frames is tooooooooo goood.

Yo, are you gonna give me that deal from FAST again? :D

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Everyone gets the impression that I charged people during FAST.

Blame my dad.

But I mean, housing for four nights, rides to the airport and back, BREAKFAST in the morning for four days, rides to the VENUE to four days, showers for FOUR days, air conditioning for four days....you can see the reasoning.

Not to mention that it was around 15 people that I was housing in total.

DaShizWiz
KeepSpeedN
SmashMac
(1-4 random wato members)
CapNCrunch
M2K
DmBrandon
Inui
Pride
Xelic
DoH
PBnJ
Cort

+ at the same time myself and my two brothers, along with my two parents (who divorced the monday after the tournament)

.....but yeah, I won't charge for housing.

lol since wen do u put the ac on u freaking liar

Frames

DI

LOL no u only got that deal because people paid but never showed up

lol since wen do u put the ac on u freaking liar
THIS THIS THIS seriously no ac johns hungry u dont even kno wat the word ac means that house is the sweat death house from hostel its probably nice and cool if ur a spotted lizard but for humans it sucks for temperature =D

skrach8

Smash Lord
dont worry hbox smashers think that ****s free in this world. unless u have ur own apt. u dont have a choice..... mango do u live with ur parentals.... if so u have no room to talk.

its pretty annoying how unappreciative smashers are sometimes.

and that goes to everyone that just expects to be fed, showered and transported for free...

lets have some respect people.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
dont worry hbox smashers think that ****s free in this world. unless u have ur own apt. u dont have a choice..... mango do u live with ur parentals.... if so u have no room to talk.

its pretty annoying how unappreciative smashers are sometimes.

and that goes to everyone that just expects to be fed, showered and transported for free...

lets have some respect people.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

well if im flying 1030130 miles i expect some stuff for free

and i do live with my parents

and my mom wouldnt charge ne one ne did

she would probably make everyone breakfast =D

-!-

Smash Lord
I would rather pay Hbox then a Hotel T.T the difference in $.... ummm.... u can tell XD

for some reason... the times that I have been in his place.... I sleep like 30mints-1hr of sleep if I'm lucky :( I just can't seem to fall asleep....

anyways can't wait for this :)

-!-

skrach8

Smash Lord
thats exactly what im sayin man.

and u traveling how many ever miles for a tournament is ur own decision. u expecting stuff for free just cuz UR going is pretty naive.....unless u were joking.....then yes, lol.... but i did not sense any kind of a joke.

i believe u make enough money at tournaments to pay people for gas, and any other convenience they offer.....they might not ask for money, but it would be only right if you said "hey let me throw u a few bucks cuz u DIDNT have to pick me up, AND you DIDNT have to let me stay at ur house etc, I COULD have paid for a taxi, hotel etc."

But the smashers are generally cool people and are willing to go out of their way..... so its a mutual respect kinda thing.

AND ur mom pays the bills at ur house.... am i right? U DONT...... or do you? i doubt it.......

so when you have mass amounts of people staying at mangos personal hotel service for smash, sucking up ur electricity, eating ur food, using ur water and bathroom..... leaving the place a mess, and u have to pay for it all, u come talk to me and tell me you wouldnt mind see a couple bucks ur way.

how bout u tell ur mom to make me some waffles. ill throw u a few bucks for her trouble.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
thats exactly what im sayin man.

and u traveling how many ever miles for a tournament is ur own decision. u expecting stuff for free just cuz UR going is pretty naive.....unless u were joking.....then yes, lol.... but i did not sense any kind of a joke.

i believe u make enough money at tournaments to pay people for gas, and any other convenience they offer.....they might not ask for money, but it would be only right if you said "hey let me throw u a few bucks cuz u DIDNT have to pick me up, AND you DIDNT have to let me stay at ur house etc, I COULD have paid for a taxi, hotel etc."

But the smashers are generally cool people and are willing to go out of their way..... so its a mutual respect kinda thing.

AND ur mom pays the bills at ur house.... am i right? U DONT...... or do you? i doubt it.......

so when you have mass amounts of people staying at mangos personal hotel service for smash, sucking up ur electricity, eating ur food, using ur water and bathroom..... leaving the place a mess, and u have to pay for it all, u come talk to me and tell me you wouldnt mind see a couple bucks ur way.

how bout u tell ur mom to make me some waffles. ill throw u a few bucks for her trouble.
i would sig this

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
this is looking pretty interesting

As far as housing concerns, I would like to think everyone here has a job and can save a little money to split a hotel in the resort. It $65 a night split 4-6 ways plus u get to smash over night in the venue as long as u want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom