• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I need a really good partner for this, preferably someone who I have good chances of winning money with!

Finch

Smash Lord
brawl bracket runs for 3 hours on sunday night.

Uhmm... errr.. are only 16 people advancing out of pools?
Yeah I looked at the schedule and it doesn't seem feasible. Frames you should probably use friday for pools and some tournament stuff and just save crews for last if we have time like Genesis if you really want to do two games. You can't do brawl singles bracket in 3 hours.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I looked at the schedule and it doesn't seem feasible. Frames you should probably use friday for pools and some tournament stuff and just save crews for last if we have time like Genesis if you really want to do two games. You can't do brawl singles bracket in 3 hours.
Me and frames will talk about the schedule and look over it some more to make sure it is feasible.

Thanks!

Allied

Smash Master
Friday December 18, 2009
6:00 PM - Venue opens, registration begins
7:00 PM - Melee Crews (Regional and 4-man)
10:00 PM - Brawl Crews (Regional and 4-man)
12:00 AM - Venue closes

Saturday December 19, 2009
8:00 AM - Venue opens, registration begins
10:00 AM - Registration ends
11:00 AM - Melee doubles pools
1:00 PM - Melee doubles bracket
4:00 PM - Melee singles pools
8:00 PM - Melee singles bracket
12:00 - Venue closes

Sunday December 20, 2009
8:00 AM - Venue opens registration begins
10:00 AM - Registration ends
11:00 AM - Brawl doubles pools
2:00 PM - Brawl doubles bracket
6:00 PM - Brawl singles pools
9:00 - Brawl singles bracket
12:00 - Venue closes
I have a problem with this now i've seen this done with every tournament and i usually dont have a problem

But i am going to guarentee this runs late

Now i usually don't care but heres the problem
I'm coming down from new york to go to this thing

You're running 2 major games with prolly alot of expierenced people coming but you have estimated timeframes when its going to end, And we all know its not going to end like that lets be serious now

Even worse you have the venue closing at 12:00pm what happens if something takes longer or a mistake happens what? we cancel the tournament go on another day?

I ask that you do this to ensure Funess please

Friday December 18, 2009
6:00 PM - Venue opens, registration begins
7:00 PM - Melee Crews (Regional and 4-man)
10:00 PM - Brawl Crews (Regional and 4-man)
12:00 AM - Venue closes

Take out crews in a HUGE tournament where you need to be done in strict timelines you can't do it

i understand people love love love crews (believe me i love it too) I don't want to risk this running late because guess what If you think you're getting Melee Regional And Brawl Regional crews done in 6 hours your drunk (no offense meant by that)

Get friday to open a little bit eariler and do doubles

because guess what this is also december near chrismas which means family and friends are going to want to be together which also means everything on price is jacked up

So guess what if me and my crew of people driving all the day 18 hours from new york to florida and we can't get housing we might split a hotel i am not paying extra just because this tournament can't get done on time

and people have school on those days (idk how school works now i dont care)

so i'm not taking chances here because you estimate this
i need proof

BOTTOM LINE (with alot of respect)

Do Melee Doubles
Melee Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles

and spread it out organized over the 3 days

With a time limit of getting it done by 12:00 pm each day theres no way the current schedule is going to go well and guess what i have work Monday - Chrismas Eve and i'm already taking off for it

I want You guys at hopfully certified TO's to ensure that everything goes well because in the end this shouldn't be disaster this should be a great ****ing time

And if it shows that well "Lulz allied is crying about this bla bla bla" No i just want to ensure this gets done and i'm telling you right now with this schedule its prolly not going to get done

So either give me some ensurance with proof that this is getting done on time or change up the schedule

CO18

Smash Hero
Im sure theyll make the schedules work out.

And Florida gaming tourneys run REALLY fast anyway. Im not worried.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i feel you allied. i think we should hold some sort of pools/doubles on friday too and leave crews for last. you arent the only one :laugh:

CO18

Smash Hero
Alright I think some of Texas is gonna drive down. According to esca since its not THAT far.

Zoro

Smash Champion
the logo is very misleading...its going to be like 78 degrees that week lol
florida is hot man

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
If I don't team with Polmex or Monk, would anyone take as their partner?

So many OOS's already; just keep 'em coming! Hopefully they don't mind me asking them a billion times for friendlies.

Frames

DI
ok about da schedule

i just threw it up to have a schedule obv nobody is running brawl in 3 hours maybe round one bracket LOL

seriously tho expect major changes to the schedule and ruleset in the next few days

fl gaming tournies are always fast and this will be no exception we plan to have like 50 tvs each day (we still need cubes/wiis tho so hook it up son)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom