• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

CRUNCH

Smash Cadet
The T-Shirt is being designed by Amy (my gf for those who werent at the last WaB).

Tentatively she has
Kirby with his pot for cooking and chef hat in the center
Toon Link throwing Falco into the pot (wings, get it)
Diddy throwing bananas in
Peach throwing turnips in
Oli throwing pikmin in
get it?
plus other stuff.
And Wario farting in it... >.>

The true secret ingredient.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Haha These shirts will be epic. Wings and Brew for the best series ever!!

And plus isnt Game and Watch the ultimate chef? Its my B move. Just look at my avatar

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I'm in for this.

You could have multiple colors, but refer to them as different sauces spice levels.

Let Red could be Buffalo/hot, Orange for BBQ, Mild Green, etc.

TheKiest
Singles + Doubles
Need a partner
OUGA/Worthington
May 2nd

Baro

Smash Journeyman

Ok I Know I'm A Terrible Drawler, But Here's My Idea For The Shirt. If You Can't Tell, It Has Falco, Pit, And Mk Gliding And Holding Brew, And 2 Fly Guys On The Sides Holding Brews As Well. Idk Why I Picked Green For The Background Color, But I Liked It :o "wings And Brew" Is Supposed To Be Arched At The Top, With "columbus, Oh" Under It, Straight.

Edit - I Just Realized I Didn't Make A Back... So That's Open For Suggestion :d
Hands Off My Brew.

Hence

Smash Ace
I'm in for this.

You could have multiple colors, but refer to them as different sauces spice levels.

Let Red could be Buffalo/hot, Orange for BBQ, Mild Green, etc.
I really like the idea of a green shirt, but a variation of colors would be incredibly stupid unless we placed preorders.

Nope

Smash Lord
green doesn't go well with bbq type things (ie being red and looking like christmas) I would love orange but it wouldn't roll well either so get black or red!! Also the picture that amy drew with kirby holding a bottle would be excellent on there somewhere haha

Hence

Smash Ace
green doesn't go well with bbq type things (ie being red and looking like christmas) I would love orange but it wouldn't roll well either so get black or red!! Also the picture that amy drew with kirby holding a bottle would be excellent on there somewhere haha

BUT, BUT, BUT...! Black and Red overcentralize the metagame! Black and Red limit the potential of other colors! With respect to your choice of Black or Red, think back to the results and accomplishments of the finalists at WHOBO. After analyzing the data, seven out of eight of the top competitors wore a Black or Red T-Shirt. Don't you think Red and Black should be banned for the sake of other color's metagames? You're totally undermining the color green, and I won't allow you to hinder its metagame any further than Red and Black already has.

Tier wh0re. ):

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Good chance I will make plans to come to one or both of these for my May tourney fix. Circuit event is an extra hour away I don't feel like traveling. *cough* I'll make definite plans later and report back.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Guys...

Amy is making the shirts.

Its all in her (more than capable) hands.

Believe me she is amazing at this type of stuff.
KEEP THE REGISTRATIONS COMING!!!

Baro

Smash Journeyman
BUT, BUT, BUT...! Black and Red overcentralize the metagame! Black and Red limit the potential of other colors! With respect to your choice of Black or Red, think back to the results and accomplishments of the finalists at WHOBO. After analyzing the data, seven out of eight of the top competitors wore a Black or Red T-Shirt. Don't you think Red and Black should be banned for the sake of other color's metagames? You're totally undermining the color green, and I won't allow you to hinder its metagame any further than Red and Black already has.

Tier wh0re. ):
That was incredible.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed + Setup.

EXCITEMENT!

Sorry didn't see the post in the middle with formatting for reg.

Newark

Singles for sure, Doubles depending on if The Jerk and I can get some practice under our belts.

The Jerk, if we do

Both days. Nice three weekends in a row with Central Ohio Tournies! SHAMELESS PLUG! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224100

Yes 1 Setup, Jerk might be able to bring one as well.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If the Jerk can bring a setup that would be awesome.

I'm gonna update the main post today with registrants/set ups confirmed so far.

Assuming we have shirts:
Who wants a shirt. The cost will likely be $15-$20 (highly likely just $15). I need to know sizes.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Oops, forgot to mention that I will have a recording set-up.

Also I recommend hooking the finals wii to two tvs: one for the players and one for everyone else to watch (like a ceiling TV).
I'll have the cords to this.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
I do think that the shirts would be best in black, red, gray or maybe a blue? no white tho plz, thats just asking for me to get **** on my new shirt!

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
I vote pink.

Real men and Diddy's wear pink.

I'll buy one at the 16th tourney.. I'm a bit short on cash because of the rent from my venue D:

XL plz

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I'm a bit short on cash, period. No shirt for me. :p

I'm good to go for the 2nd! Then I have plans on the weekend for the entire rest of the month. :/ (16th is uncle's graduation party. He's only a year older, he's like a brother.) Soooo... teammate? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
This sounds like fun... I've been thinking about coming to this... If I come, I might bring King Yoshi... Apparently, everyone else out here has finals though... :/

Nope

Smash Lord

Tier wh0re. ):
I'm not limiting anything but black or red just happens to be the colors I feel that wings and brew rep. Also az we are for sure in on the 16th if your having it and I know a few of us will buy shirts (I won't if they are white though! =p)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lou: we could do doubles as well.

Actuallly, do you want to handle that?
By handle I mean:
-Run doubles at the tournament
-Collect money for doubles at the tournament
-Take 10% from doubles at the tournament for the championship
-Decide on how the points will work for doubles (per player, per team? whatever)

lou4222

Smash Lord
lou: we could do doubles as well.

Actuallly, do you want to handle that?
By handle I mean:
-Run doubles at the tournament
-Collect money for doubles at the tournament
-Take 10% from doubles at the tournament for the championship
-Decide on how the points will work for doubles (per player, per team? whatever)
Sure, I can help out and run doubles. Are we going to have Tio or do the brackets on poster board again. If its poster board, Ill need help because my artistic skills are sub par.

Hence

Smash Ace
I'm not limiting anything but black or red just happens to be the colors I feel that wings and brew rep. Also az we are for sure in on the 16th if your having it and I know a few of us will buy shirts (I won't if they are white though! =p)
I'm not too sure if you didn't fully comprehend the MK reference or if you're just being "Sneaky :B".
Either way, I lol'd.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I cant go, i tried requesting off today, but they already made the schedule... 2 weeks ahead of time..

i might be able to make it for singles

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I should be able to go unless something crazy happens.

nicalobe
singles
Cincinnati
May 16

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Lou, AZ? Are you guys teaming now? I still need a partner too, y'know. Hell, anyone confirmed can snatch me up if they wish... And is smash64 coming with Q for singles? Stay tuned!

I shall bring my Wii if it's needed, no TV though.

Top Bottom