• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The Mii parade needs a slaughter option where all of them start killing each other off. I'm tired of moving each one to "Erase" because it takes so long and most of them aren't original or good, at all.

No offense to you guys.

D

Deleted member

I need yo' Wii numbas, and I need them now. I got some funny *** Miis.

7533 7765 1191 3646 < - Mine

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Is it true that a santa mii comes on christmas? and meets your miis? I didnt go on it on chirtstmas because i just played the new games i got.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That never happened, but I already have Santa Miis anyway.

Congratulations, Destiny Smasher, though I'm not sure what you really do. I'll check out the site sometime.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
So, after a month-long wait and pointless anxiety, I actually managed to snag some component cables from Nintendo World Store. And once I plugged it into my lovely 26" Samsung CRT HDTV, I was initially disappointed. . .Zelda just looked slightly sharper and more jaggy, but that's it.

But after playing for a while, and switching between Monkey Ball, Zelda, and Wii Sports, I realized that the picture quality made a difference. Text was sharper and more visible. Blurriness--despite the awful textures in Zelda--was vastly reduced. In short, component cables are godly.

So if anyone has an HDTV and hasn't bought component cables yet, I highly suggest that you do so. It's soooooo worth it.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Ohh so there is a noticable difference with those cables? My friend got some the other day and said that there wasn't much of a difference while playing Zelda. He said he might return them, so I'm guessing he hasn't bothered switching between games. FireBomb to the rescue...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Go to the main page where all the channels are. Go to the bottom right button and an envelope should appear if you've used your Wii at all that day. On the bottom left of the screen there should be two more buttons. Click on the right one. Then click on your Address Book.

You have to conect to the internet, but yes, you can.

D

Deleted member

K so I just added Primusfan, Volrec, Commonyoshi, and Unhallow, because that's all I saw. Tell me if you added me and I didn't add you.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
If all goes according to plan, I may be able to connect to the internet by next month. I'm tired of being left out. :( Guess it wouldn't matter if I said my Wii # or not until then.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I found a cat on the Wii.

1. Go to the Photochannel and select the "View Wii Message Board Photos" option.
2. Go to any picture and select fun.
3. There should be your basic Mood, Doodle, Puzzle options and at the top should be a yellow line with "Fun" writen.

If you wait a while without selecting anything, a cat on the yellow line should appear which you can grab. Be careful because it runs from you but will always come back. It will tell you some hints once you catch it. My favorite hint is holding the 1 button when selecting how many pieces to the puzzle.

I'll add you all later.

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Wii problem: My Wii quit reading disks today. When I put the disk in, it won't start spinning. If I go to the disk chanel, it says that the disc cannot be read. I've tried both Wii and Gamecube disks. Neither are dirty, neither work. After a while I noticed that my Wii was really warm, as if it had been running for hours, which it hadn't. I turned it off, and left it for a few hours. It stayed warm. It only cooled down after I unplugged it and left it for a while. Once it was cool I tried again with the same result. Still doesn't work.

Has anybody else had this problem? Is there any way to fix it short of contacting Nintendo?

Thanks in advance.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gonzales, are your discs scrarched? The Wii can sensitive to some disc scratches. Otherwise, it sounds like you're going to have to go ahead and call Nintendo's support line to get further help. I've read that other people have had similar problems with the Wii suddenly not being able to read discs.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/753/753105p1.html]
can someone explain this please? can we hear usic now on the internet browser?...
You can use the Opera Browser to connect to a PC that has photos, music, etc. by using the Orb software. Think of if as kind of networking your Wii to your PC so that you can play music files and the like. :)

D

Deleted member

Gonzales..is it possible you're putting it in wrong?

/sry, just making sure

//make sure the logo points to the right

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Wii problem: My Wii quit reading disks today. When I put the disk in, it won't start spinning. If I go to the disk chanel, it says that the disc cannot be read. I've tried both Wii and Gamecube disks. Neither are dirty, neither work. After a while I noticed that my Wii was really warm, as if it had been running for hours, which it hadn't. I turned it off, and left it for a few hours. It stayed warm. It only cooled down after I unplugged it and left it for a while. Once it was cool I tried again with the same result. Still doesn't work.
I would just like to say that the Wii is supposed to be warm even on standby mode. As for your problem, when you call Nintendo Tech support, dont tell them that you dropped it if you have. It voids the warranty.

Luis101

Smash Rookie
Fine! $249.99 is a good price for so good moder console. Coz playstation 3 and Xbox360 still is too expensive at the moment.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Smashninja, are you trying to pass the connection test or is your access point not working?

If its the connection test, this happened to me that it never worked all i did was move it closer to the router/nintendo usb and it worked fine.

If its the access point, make sure its pluged in righted and it has accepted the wii.

Most likely if u have a wired way for your wii then it should always work since its go's right to ur wii.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I went to Best Buy a couple days ago. I saw a huge stack of PS3 consoles. It was literally taller than my head. I turned to a sales rep and asked, "Are these just display boxes? Or are these the real thing?" He responded, "Oh, that's the real thing alright. We even have more in the back." Out of curiosity, I asked, "Do you have any Wii consoles by chance?" He just shook his head and said, "Nope. We probably won't for the next couple months. Anytime we receive a shipment, it is gobbled up in seconds."

Nintendo FTW! :D

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Have those PS3's been there long? It won't matter how much they have in stock in people refuse to buy them. Nintendo is giving Sony a well-deserved slap to the face day after day.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I think it's because people dont believe for a second that they'll get a PS3 so they aren't even trying. Even if someone walks into the store and sees it, who carries around $700 with them?

But yeah... um... Nintendo RULEZ!!! Ahahahaha.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's because of the PS3's lackluster lineup of games (seriously, Resistance is the only game worth getting...), high cost, and bad publicity during it's launch that has caused some people to ignore the PS3 for now. Throw in the fact that some of the PS3s were only bought to be resold on eBay, and you'll find that the PS3 isn't doing so good right now.

However, once they've addressed some of the minor problems (i.e. backwards compatability) and release much better games, Sony will do better.

The Wii still has a few glaring problems as well, such as the need for online play and Remote speaker functionality. It's still too early to tell who's going to win this console war.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Man, I can't believe the stack of PS3's. God **** I wish I had a lot of money. Even though I consider the Wii the best console of this video game generation, if I had about $800 I would go buy a PS3 and some games. Yes, I know it's a rip-off. But eventually, i'm gonna have to buy a PS3 just for the games that'll be coming out on it (MGS4 and Guitar Hero III).

EDIT: I wish Sony would release a version of the PS3 without the Blu-Ray player. That would lower the cost dramatically and I would buy one.

D

Deleted member

Lmao, Primus I just sent you a whole bunch of my ****ed up miis.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The Wii still has a few glaring problems as well, such as the need for online play and Remote speaker functionality. It's still too early to tell who's going to win this console war.
Boo. Why does everyone whine about the Wiimote sound quality? It may not be that great, but it's also not that important.

Hey, guys. If anyone buys a PS3, I highly suggest you get the new Gundam game. It's terrific!

Top Bottom