• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
While the Wii pwning the PS3 in sales is pretty hilarious, I think we may be speaking too soon. The PS3's hardware is going to last a while longer than the Wii's, and even though the Wii's hardware (particularly, the controller) has ridiculous potential, it's not worth a bit of good if third party devs don't jump on board. Yeah, we'll have our Zelda, Smash, Metroid, Mario, etc., but what Nintendo needs, at the moment, is a super-generic, cookie-cutter multiplayer FPS with online capabilities.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I pity all PS3 fanboys... HA! Graphics dont matter its the game itself!!... 700 bucks cmon... thats for copiying the control sensibility!! *Goes to friends house (hes a ps3 fanboy) and laughs in his face*

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Hey, do you have to register to send miis to each other?
If not, can you guys send your miis to 8551 9532 7026 3657 (my wii's number, obviously), because my miis are getting kinda lonely by themselves:-/
Thanks for any sends.

Sensai

Smash Master
Xsyven said:
Good job, Nintendo. I'm going to do some crazy experiments with my old Wii strap now and see how much it can hold before snapping.
Tell me how that works out. I'm actually interested in that.

commonyoshi said:
The Mii parade needs a slaughter option where all of them start killing each other off. I'm tired of moving each one to "Erase" because it takes so long and most of them aren't original or good, at all.
SERIOUSLY. I'm sure you're talking about mine, and that's fine, but I agree 100% with you. Maybe a 'block Mii' thing or something.

Destiny Smasher said:
Dude, I'm officially a small-time gaming journalist working at The Hylia.com now!
Freakin' sweet.
Cool. What does that mean? Do you get paid? Whaddya gotta write about? You should get me a job.

FireBomb said:
Ohh so there is a noticable difference with those cables? My friend got some the other day and said that there wasn't much of a difference while playing Zelda. He said he might return them, so I'm guessing he hasn't bothered switching between games. FireBomb to the rescue...
Make sure he switched it so that the Wii knows the component cables are hooked up. And yes, there's a freaking HUGE difference.

Strykes said:
can someone explain this please? can we hear usic now on the internet browser?...
Yes, we can. How, though, is completely a matter of preference. I myself use www.orb.com

Gonzales....my condolences. That sucks completely. Try turning the Wii on it's side (or stand it up if it's already on it's side). I really have no idea, I just wanna be included.

Y'know what I just realized? Everyone on this thread (that knows what's going on) is helpful. That's really nice....good job, fellas.

[Edit:]

Ack! Had another page to read....

FireBomb said:
is giving Sony a well-deserved slap to the face day after day.
/signed/ I hope that the PS3 becomes Betamax, if you know what I mean.

primusfan said:
i'm gonna have to buy a PS3 just for the games that'll be coming out on it (MGS4 and Guitar Hero III
GH3 might be coming to more consoles, especially if Sony starts to do poorly...and Kojima just recently said (in an interview) that he's VERY interested in the Wii.

commonyoshi said:
Why does everyone whine about the Wiimote sound quality? It may not be that great, but it's also not that important./quote]

We care because if they're going to throw it in there and force us to use it (a la Zelda), then it needs to be at least decent.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
We care because if they're going to throw it in there and force us to use it (a la Zelda), then it needs to be at least decent.
You know, you can turn the wiimote sound off.

Just hit the Home button while you're playing a game, and select the Wii Remote options on the bottom of the screen.

EDIT: And yeah, I've got a Wii, by the way. If anybody wants my number, PM me.

Sensai

Smash Master
Mediocre, that's not what I meant by forcing us to use it.

In Zelda, when you swing the sword (along with a hundred other things), a sound is emitted from the Wii remote. If you turn the sound off, then you're left with no sound at all for certain actions, which is just terrible.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm just assuming that if you turn the sound off the sword won't sound on the TV. I'm not actually sure.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If you turn the sound off it does come from the TV. It's strangely quite though. Sound effects like water or Link's voice come thorugh clearly. Sword and bow noises are almost unheard.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I pity all PS3 fanboys... HA! Graphics dont matter its the game itself!!... 700 bucks cmon... thats for copiying the control sensibility!! *Goes to friends house (hes a ps3 fanboy) and laughs in his face*
I know someone who has a PS3 and Resistance. If you try playing this game with component cables...wow. Just wow. It is the only good PS3 game thus far, and almost wants to make me buy a PS3...almost.

I've read somewhere that the newer straps can support about 20lbs while the old ones only support around 12 or so lbs. Keep in mind, this isn't 100% scientifically accurate, but the thicker straps are (obviously) better.

About component cables, make sure you go to the Options and set it to 480p and also make sure the TV is also set to progressive. You WILL notice a HUGE difference immediately, especially in Zelda.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I ordered some 3rd party cables. They were dirt cheap, so I might be disappointed. We'll see. I'll post my findings here. ^_^

Sensai

Smash Master
Nah, Buzz, you'll be fine. I'm using some 3rd party, also. Zelda looks incredible.

And that's neat about the sound coming from the TV. I had no idea. Either way though, the original intent was for the sound to come out of the remote, so why not make it that way?

Although if they simply upgrade the speakers, I'mma be pissed - I already have 4 remotes.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Think its going to be some pokemon game, kinda colloseum style, cant remember the name.
Oh and now that my wii is online, anyone wanna exchange codes?Mine is 4418 4770 4660 6786.

Btw do people need to both add each other out or if someone only adds one persone does it ask for confirmation like with computers?I already added volrec,sensai and Buzz
Sorry for my bad english >.>

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Think its going to be some pokemon game, kinda colloseum style, cant remember the name.
Oh and now that my wii is online, anyone wanna exchange codes?Mine is 4418 4770 4660 6786.

Btw do people need to both add each other out or if someone only adds one persone does it ask for confirmation like with computers?I already added volrec,sensai and Buzz
Sorry for my bad english >.>
For people to be able to send messages, they both have to enter the other persons code. Then like after a minute or 2 once both have the code in, they will be able to send messages. But swordgard ill add u to my friend's list, so plz add me 2 urs. 4738 8220 1419 3365. Any1 else want to add me, pm me so i can add u 2.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont send anyone Hellen because she's too gross. You may have gotten her from Mii Parade though. She's the fat, black man/woman with blonde hair and bushy, blonde eyebrows. It wears makeup and has a mustache too.

I named it Hellen after a friend's sister. I cant recall what it's gender is.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^
Haha.

Volrec said:
What will be the first game to go online? i wanna pawn sum nubs.
In the States, or period? Because that Pokemon game is already online...but from what I hear, it sucks.

Assuming that that doesn't make it to the states for a bit, I imagine that (get ready) Metroid Prime 3 will be the first online game.

Jeah, I said it. I think it's gonna be the flagship online game for Nintendo, along with maybe Battalion Wars and the next Mario Strikers game.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
^^^
Haha.

In the States, or period? Because that Pokemon game is already online...but from what I hear, it sucks.

Assuming that that doesn't make it to the states for a bit, I imagine that (get ready) Metroid Prime 3 will be the first online game.

Jeah, I said it. I think it's gonna be the flagship online game for Nintendo, along with maybe Battalion Wars and the next Mario Strikers game.
I believe you heard wrong. It's not the pokemon game that sucks, it's the people who are currently playing it. =p

Sensai

Smash Master
Ack!

What I meant to say was neither that the game itself sucked or the people playing it sucked. What I meant to say was that the online service is terrible from what I've heard.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Ack!

What I meant to say was neither that the game itself sucked or the people playing it sucked. What I meant to say was that the online service is terrible from what I've heard.
how is it terrible? how does the online service work from wat uve heard?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Well, for one thing it requires friend codes like the DS. So you have to have both your friends's Wii code and their Pokemon game code.

And the game is supposedly pretty laggy (I think it was IGN who played it). That's not good for a text based game.

You can probably find a vid pretty easy. Watch how long it takes to set up a match.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Well, for one thing it requires friend codes like the DS. So you have to have both your friends's Wii code and their Pokemon game code.

And the game is supposedly pretty laggy (I think it was IGN who played it). That's not good for a text based game.

You can probably find a vid pretty easy. Watch how long it takes to set up a match.
damit, if wii blows their live then many people will be pissed at nintendo. i for one will be pissed if live ends up suckin

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Hang on, i'm sure it doesn't require an ADDITIONAL friend code. Nintendo said that weren't going to have friend codes beyond the code for the console itself.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah...the game requires a NEW friend code. Hopefully this is not an indication of what the other online Wii games will be like.

And I don't think Nintendo ever said anything like that; I think we all just hoped it would be that way and assumed that Nintendo wouldn't be dumb enough to emulate it's own mistakes.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Well this game is the FIRST online game.

I think that they didn't realise that the Wii had it's own number while developing it until to late.

D

Deleted member

K, I just sent my crazy *** Miis to Volrec and Commonyoshi... XD

Snap

Smash Ace
my wii is so messed up

i can't even play it anymore

when i turn it on it says "system files corrupted. consult wii instructions manual for troubleshooting help."

this pisses me off so bad. i called nintendo and in about a month i'll have it back, fixed. a month without my wii. what the f*ck.

Top Bottom