• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
My wii and mii are like my children... I'm serious... MetalLuigiJr.
... that's disturbing...
i guess the topic changes quickly.

does anybody have any problem with the sensitivity of the A button?

like when they're pointing at the keyboard and selecting the letters, does it ever not register if you tap it regularly?

if i get a few more responses i'll be happy!
Mine haven't had any problems, but the disc drive on mine randomly started rejecting the discs so hard they'd pop out and roll on the floor. Got a brand new one in only two days. XD

Amazon will be selling Wiis...
AHAHA!!

Ohhhh, that's rich...

From The Hylia

I went to a Wal Mart today.
Of COURSE there were no Wiis. This was expected.

But no Wii motes, of course. Or Nunchuks.
OR Points Cards.
They didn't even have any copies of ZELDA.

SOMETHING is up and there is some kinda production issue goin' on.
Must be them trying to spread all of these units across the world.

All I know is that my hopes for getting a Wii even remotely soon have diminished and I am in a "screw Nintendo until they get their crap together" attitude.

I have a copy of Zelda for the Wii that has been sitting idle for weeks now. I have had the money for a Wii ALSO sitting around waiting to be spent.
And retailers, such as Amazon, clearly, have been getting people annoyed by boasting they have Wiis and then not having any at ALL for all practical purposes.

I don't know why the heck no other industry ever has this issue.
I mean, for crying out loud, there aren't even copies of ZELDA. That's not even HARDWARE.
That's a bloody DISC.
I can't help but feel at this point that Nintendo is purposely limiting supplies just to make things look like they're selling out even more than they could be.
I'm still not sure, but the more time goes by, the more I feel this is the case.

I mean, COME ON, they're having shortages of DISCS and freakin' POINT CARDS.
I KNOW these items are NOT difficult to produce.

--
It's a BLOODY good thing that Elite Beat Agents is so freaking fun or I'd be even more irritated than I am.
You pointed out that discs should not have a shortage due to production, so I'd say that's more likely a shipping problem. I haven't been able to find any extra Nunchaku, so I really think it's shipping.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol, I didn't know there was a virtual controller thread. Thanks everyone for your help.

Sensai

Smash Master
Destiny Smasher said:
SOMETHING is up and there is some kinda production issue goin' on.
Must be them trying to spread all of these units across the world.
Believe it or not....the Wii's a **** popular system. While I'm not saying Nintendo gets none of the blame, they do have a massively popular console to ship out.

smashbros_777 said:
Nintendo shouldn't put a keyboard for talking ONLINE.
Not going to post the reasons, but they were actually solid. Good for you, then. The only thing is that you mention it all during gameplay, while I was thinking of using it more in a lobby section.

And Paranoid, I agree completely, although the logic is, I'm sure, that the kids won't be forced into any of those places (they'll have to do it all knowingly) while with online the kids could randomly run into Greasy_McBawls on any random game.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yes it's Nintendo's fault that they had to make such an amazing system, and now they can't catch up to the media's demands. I thought it'd be a lot smoother come New Year's before I even got my Wii, but now I'm pretty glad I got one launch day.

And **** you Greasy_McBawls. **** you.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Paranoid, u do make a good point nintendo is too cautious they need to not be so responsible, kids own xbox and playstation but they allow chat. Nintendo is kind of 'kiddie'.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Paranoid, u do make a good point nintendo is too cautious they need to not be so responsible, kids own xbox and playstation but they allow chat. Nintendo is kind of 'kiddie'.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post.

Sensai

Smash Master
Nintendo is labeled as 'kiddy' because they believe that gaming should be for everyone, not just the hardcore.

Remember when Mortal Kombat came to consoles? Sega had a version that had blood, while Nintendo had green gook.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm posting on a Wii. :)

Nintendo being kiddy is OK with me. It's still fun.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Nintendo isn't kiddy. Just because not all the games involves blood, gore, or sex automatically means the games are meant for little kids.

Yeah, i'm still kinda unfamiliar with the Mii parades. How exactly do you start them? Sometimes there's some Mii's marching but most of the time there's none.

Hey common^^^send me Hellen, I wanna see some more Mii freaks.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
couple notes: if you already have zelda, why does it matter that they were out? if it's the principle of having the game available for purchase, then that's somewhat understandable, but even so christmas was just 6 days ago and people buy zelda with their wiis. and of course shipments don't come every day but i will put money on walmart's restocking within a week. as for point cards, those don't even matter because you can add wii points from a credit/atm card directly onto the wii using wiiconnect24. they're more of a novelty than anything practical. kind of like gift cards.
It's the principle of the matter.
It wasn't a shipping issue I don't think because this Wal-Mart had tons of copies of every OTHER game, and there wasn't even a SPOT for Zelda.
Like they're not expecting any copies or something.

And the only reason I have one is because I got it at the Nintendo World Store.
I haven't seen it ANYWHERE else yet. And I've been to quite a few stores in the past month and a half.
And the cards...there should just be more of them, they're not hard to produce.
Many people, such as myself, don't have access to credit cards.

And while I understand the popularity, then why does no one have anything?
I mean, if you use the argument of how "it's so popular you can't find any" then why does NO ONE have any freakin' extra controllers or nunchuks?

Because there aren't very many out there.
And I think it's dumb that there's Wii advertisments everywhere but no one can BUY anything for the bloody system. I remember seeing footage of them being produced long before they were released--are they only being produced in ONE building or something?

Ah, well. Some friends in Chicago said they would try and get one this week--I doubt they'll succeed, but we'll see. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.
But what I do know is that they will have to camp out. Still.

Until then, Elite Beat Agents can keep me good company before school starts up again.

Snap

Smash Ace
to get a wii you have to either

1. pre-order it before nov 19th
2. camp out
3. have someone camp out for you
4. be ridiculously lucky and be chosen by lottery on amazon

the reason i have mine is because of #4. The odds were 28 to 1 against me and i was chosen. thus i have a wii.

DESTINYSMASHER:

that sounds very strange to me (the lack of zeldas). In my city (Antioch, CA) Zelda TP for the wii is VERY available. there are probably 25 of them at each of the two walmarts here, and there are also plenty at our Target store. I recently purchased one at Target for only $39.00 because they had a sale, and there were at least 20 of them there.

sounds like a regional issue more than a nintendo production issue. if you really want one, come to Antioch.

but for the record, there are totally no wii remotes available anywhere here (although my friend in Yuba City says there are plenty at his Toys R Us).

Snap

Smash Ace
on an unrelated note

my wii remote becomes desynced randomly. it happens maybe twice a day. i dont know what the hell its problem is.

im playing wii sports, and i go back to the wii menu and all of a sudden my wii remote LEDs on the bottom are all blank, and whenever i press a button they all light up. i have to sync them again and then reset my wii, it's a real pain.

anybody have similar issues?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Well atleast the great blood and gore games that don't come for wii, i'll get it for My 360 like gears of war! Which i already have.

Snap, i have never heard of this, But my wiimote does and im pretty sure has to not light up when the you're going back to the menu and its on the loading screen But then it should light back up. Try asking technichal support or the user manual.

I was lucky, i woke up late like around 8:00 and i searced everywhere for a wii and nothing then at eb games i just waited a few hours and got one.

And watch out don't double post because Edit is your friend :)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So I got my replacement Wii strap in the mail today.

Good job, Nintendo. I'm going to do some crazy experiments with my old Wii strap now and see how much it can hold before snapping.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I sent Common Yoshi a Crypt Girl. Im making gang members. I have 3 Blood girls and 1 Crypt girl.

Someone tell me who got "blood-Nina" and who got "Crypt-Sara"

PRIMUS! ADD ME! AND SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET YOUR MIIS IN THE MII PARADE!!!

And I accidentaly stole Al-Ean Yoshi. Sorreh. I sent it back I think.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You dont "steal" Miis. The ones in the Mii parade are copies of the ones in someone else's Wii. You can get your Miis into the Mii parade by turning the option on when you first make it. It's in the first page with all the name, favorite color, birthday details.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I think mingle is on, but I want them to go. :o

I sent Al-Ean to my Plaza, but I cant get him back to the parade.

They go by random right? If so, then eh.

Send me Hellen.

FireBomb, add me. Number in sig.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
My mom is in NYC right now, I'mnot sure if she'd be able to get one there--I know they get about 100 a day, and if you go there in the morning you can find one...
But then again, my mom is in NYC because of my grandfather's funeral...
Soooo...Not so sure if I should ask her to pick one up for me. Then again, she is going to be there all week...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I wouldn't suggest asking. Do you want to wait a few months or NEVER get one? Even if she is kind enough to get you one, every time she looks at you playing it's only going to remind her of the funeral. Dont ask for her sake.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Volrec, I added you but your name in my address book is still grayed out. ???

EDIT: Right after I posted that, your name got darker. :lol:

Alright, now I can send messages to Commonyoshi, Vulpine51, Sensai, Volrec, and some of my other friends. Cashed still hasn't responded though.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Eventually i'm gonna put some pictures of myself on my Wii so I can send them to y'all. We should all do that. A pic speaks a lot more than a Mii.

primusfan

Smash Ace
you can send pictures over the wii?

how....
You have your Wii connected to the internet right?

What you do is if you have pictures on your SD card, you go to the photo channel. There will be an option to upload the selected picture to the message board. After the picture is uploaded to the message board, click on the picture to enlarge it. There will be an option to send it to your friends.

Snap

Smash Ace
i'll have to try that.

so to sum it all up, my wii is ridiculously malfunctional.

but i still love it more than anything in this world.

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Has anybody here played Trauma Center? If you haven't, you owe it to yourself to play it. Sure, it's a remake of a DS game, but that doesn't make it bad.
Agreed. I haven't played the DS version, and I was a bit skeptical when I got it for Christmas. However, once I started playing I hardly put it down until I finished it. I recomend it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I liked trauma center, when i borrowed it from my cousin, still it aint one of those games that I MUST have, unlike TP was, anyway I got 64 miis in my parade last time I checked should have a bit more or less than 70 now I think XD...

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yeah, Trauma Center was pretty good. I played my friends copy of it. I don't think I would spend $50 on it though. I'll probably get it a long time from now when I can find it used.

Top Bottom