• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
What? The red buttons are for permanent synchs to the console. That way, you no longer have to keep on synching it every time you turn the system on or start a new game.

When dealing with a temporary synch, using the 1 and 2 buttons, the Wiimotes synch faster when you're player 1 because it probably checks to see if slot 1 is open first. It moves to slot 2 if not, then number 3, then 4.

Sensai

Smash Master
primusfan said:
I'm a little aggravated now. The speaker in one of my Wii-motes is dying out. It sounds even crappier than it did before and that sounds fade in and out. I'm using my other Wii-mote right now, but i'm still pretty pissed. Has anyone else experienced this problem.
The Wii speaker just blows, to be honest. It's terrible. I don't think it'll be long before Nintendo starts to upgrade the speakers inside those things, if not even just a tiny bit.

You shouldn't have any problems with the Wii overheating. I leave mine on all the time, too, and I've never had any problems.

Buzz said:
Do your other Wii remotes take long to sync? Is there a way to 'familiarize' the remotes with the Wii so it syncs faster in the future? Along these same lines, what is the exact purpose of the sync buttons both on the Wii console and on the back of the remotes?
Mine take a bit also, jeah. As far as I know, just permanently syncing it a la red buttons on the back is the only way to 'familiarize' them. And when you say 'exact purpose'...do you mean all the technical jargon as to what they're doing? 'Cause if so, I have no idea.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
The end of MARCH??

You have GOT to be kidding me.

There's no way in heck that Nintendo is producing them that slow.

http://www.duelinganalogs.com/?date=2006-12-26

*cough cough*
Reminds me of Nintendo in a certain aspect.
You can bet I'll see ads for the Wii wherever I go, as I have, but I can't find a danged Wii itself no matter where I look.
WTF?

Spend more money producing the things faster for the people who already want one!!
THEN you can spend money on advertising so that everyone who isn;t interested in one yet might get one.

One of my friends who HATES buying games new played a Wii the other day for a few hours and said he's already interested in buying one.
You have no idea how big this is. He NEVER gets new games. He bought FF12 brand new...and that's pretty much IT. He always waits and buys used, he hates spending money on games.
Playing really is believing, it seems, so Nintendo needs to get more units out there and get actual demo stations up, yah?

I love Nintendo and I'm glad they're doing great financially, but I feel proper f5cked over because I've been saving up for one and waiting and can't freaking find one. Maybe January will treat me better.
This technology isn't all that new. They're graphically GCN's with some spunk spunk added on. Maybe all of this wrist-strap business has been holding them back?

I love 'em to death, but dang, they need to get their stuff together and get more units out there. No point wasting money on ads when people can't buy your product.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I have been struck by the realization that the Wii logo sucks. Not the normal one that's not animated - That's fine. The one where the two "i"'s bow and make that annoying noise. There are so many better options it's disgraceful. They could have the two i's fighting with guns or swords, or whatever... It could be ANYTHING but that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I have a question. Perhaps I should study the manual more closely, but let me see what your guys' situation is like.

How long does it take for your remotes to sync with the Wii? I notice that whether I'm using the Wii Menu sync option or the "MORE" option in Wii Sports, it's takes a good 30 seconds for players 3 and 4 to sync up. Player 1 usually takes no time (my primary remote and Wii are best friends by now). Player 2 takes a second or two. Players 3 and 4 oftentimes fail and have to have 1 & 2 pushed again to reattempt the sync. Even when it finally succeeds, the lights blink for a good amount of time before finally linking.

Do your other Wii remotes take long to sync? Is there a way to 'familiarize' the remotes with the Wii so it syncs faster in the future? Along these same lines, what is the exact purpose of the sync buttons both on the Wii console and on the back of the remotes?
It seems player 4 always takes the longest to sync when I try, so it's not a problem with your Wii. I would guess that it might be caused by some sort of hardware or programming issue, so there's really nothing you can do except wait for either a firmware update or be more patient.

As for why you have to sync...I'm guessing it's because each Wii has a unique ID number and the Remote has to link up to this unique ID before it can relay any information to the Wii. By doing this, if you have two Wiis in a single room, the first player from one Wii won't have control of the other Wii's first player pointer. It would become a hassle, you know? <_<

And for those still looking for a Wii (Destiny Smasher), Amazon will have some for sale early morning. Set your alarms clocks early tomorrow...or better yet, stay up all night. :)

Amazon will have some Wiis!!!

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I have Wi-Fi, but the router in my house is so bad it won't connect, so I got a DS USB Wi-Fi adapter; but before I open it I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure it will work with the Wii. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I just want to make sure before I can't get my $42 back.

Zink

Smash Champion
It'll work. Nintendo.com and NP both said so. I might have to go that route, because my wireless connection is apparently irrevocably messed up.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I have Wi-Fi, but the router in my house is so bad it won't connect, so I got a DS USB Wi-Fi adapter; but before I open it I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure it will work with the Wii. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I just want to make sure before I can't get my $42 back.
I've tried it with the Wii, it works.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Yeah, my brother just tried it out anyway, but thanks all the same. But it still won't connect to the Internet, almost no matter what. Has anyone else had this problem? This is actually our second one; the disc drive on the first one broke, and while it was pretty tenuous, it would still connect if everything was just right; this one just won't connect at all.

EDIT: Now it won't connect to the server, so hopefully it's just on Nin's end. But so I know, is anyone else having this problem?

Zink

Smash Champion
I gues it depends on the router details. I have a possibly similar problem- my router has a limit of 5 wireless devices that can connect at the same time, and the Wii is #6. But that must mess everything up, because if I disconnect someone else, it still doesn't work. The worst part is, it's stuck on standby mode with a bad connection. Whenever I try to turn off WiiConnect24, I get an odd message that says "You have to configure Internet settings to perform a Wii system update". I dunno how to fix it.
When I had it connected before, it was also getting a server error, although there were reports from here that it was fine. It's really messed up.

Sensai

Smash Master
My girlfriend's brother has a Nintendo USB thing that I gave to him, and it connects to the internet fine...the problem is, it doesn't stay connected due to the firewall on his router or something like that. So, it could also be that.

Destiny Smasher said:
One of my friends who HATES buying games new played a Wii the other day for a few hours and said he's already interested in buying one.
You have no idea how big this is. He NEVER gets new games. He bought FF12 brand new...and that's pretty much IT. He always waits and buys used, he hates spending money on games.
Playing really is believing, it seems, so Nintendo needs to get more units out there and get actual demo stations up, yah?
My dad's playing Zelda. He's like 60 hours in, haha. He's played a LOT. I think Nintendo's seriously onto something here...

Did anyone see the recent Japanese sales chart? I'm pretty sure that 1 out of every 3 japanese people has a DS now. Sooner or later they're going to run out of people.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Well, it finally did connect, but in the middle of updating it got an error and said something about configuring the Internet settings or something, I can't remember exactly now. If it's just overclogged servers on Nin's end, then I really hope they get it worked out before Brawl releases, or they're going to have major problems.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
Dose anyone know if the Wii is SD HC compatible? I wanna buy an SD card but i don't know if it will work on the Wii correctly or not.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Blacksheap, I have a nintendo Wifi usb adapter thing and it works well only thing is try moving ur wii a little closer. My wii was 2 floors down from my access point and it works all i had to do was move it under the access to make it work but not dirrectly only slightly. My ds works anywhere in the house.

Lucas the lefty, im pretty sure it does because there is a slot for sd card, Mini ones, medium ones, and larger ones.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the tips, but we got it working with the USB connector, well mostly my brother, but it's working fine. I actually posted this on my Wii, and as a direct result am now seriously hoping for a keyboard for this thing soon.

Sensai

Smash Master
blaksheap82 said:
Thanks for all the tips, but we got it working with the USB connector, well mostly my brother, but it's working fine. I actually posted this on my Wii, and as a direct result am now seriously hoping for a keyboard for this thing soon.
/signed and quoted so that maybe Nintendo will read this message twice and be like 'zomg what a good idea!1'

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Doesn't seem hard to do, so maybe one day they'll get the hint. "Wireless keyboards? Fo sho!"

I'm not really a fast typer anyways, so pointing at the screen isn't real annoying yet. It's fun... Nintendo went from cursor/imput text, to touching text, to simply pointing at text, all within 3 years.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
They should make a keyboard that attaches through the controller. That way you dob't have to have separate parts for plugging into the USB, and it's not corded. As an added bonus, if there was ever an RTS like Starcraft people could use the keyboard since most decent players abuse keyboard shortcuts like a mutha****ah. Plus, you can use it for in game chat for those. I'm sure there are other PC game genres people would prefer a keyboard and mouse/Wiimote to a controller.

Snap

Smash Ace
I think my A button on the wii-mote might be broken. When I'm playing trauma center, sometimes I'm trying to cut the guy open, and I'm pressing A while slicing him, but all of a sudden it lets go, even though I'm still holding down A.

However, if I press down A with a lot of force, it does not malfunction.

I get a similar problem when I'm typing in text. Sometimes if I tap A it does not register and I have to press it very hard.

Does anyone else experience problems with their A button?

Sensai

Smash Master
ChRed, I agree with just about everything you said.

...jeah, that's about it.

[Edit:]

Man, Snap, you snuck one in under me. No, I don't have any problems with my controllers at all...

Except that when they rumble they make a sound, but that isn't all that noticeable.

And the speaker BLOWS.

Snap

Smash Ace
OK. If enough people tell me they don't have any problems with their controllers, I guess I'll try to get a replacement or get it fixed. Anybody else have comments on their controllers?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll tell you one thing, these Wiimotes get dirty too easily. It's white polish surface makes it vulnerable to lint and other stuff. I gotta wipe it every day to keep it looking nice, but other than that, all the controllers I've seen so far have been near flawless.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Has anyone bought any of the old games (nes, snes, etc)? If so what would you recommend?

Also, does anyone know/ has a site that says what games (nes, snes, etc) will be able to be downloaded in the future for the U.S.?

Snap

Smash Ace
i guess the topic changes quickly.

does anybody have any problem with the sensitivity of the A button?

like when they're pointing at the keyboard and selecting the letters, does it ever not register if you tap it regularly?

if i get a few more responses i'll be happy!

Sensai

Smash Master
homsar said:
I love my wii but I wish you could also save files to a jump drive. That would be nice.
Definitely. I would love for them to do something with those USB drives...

And Spawn, I'm unaware of a list that Nintendo has released, but you can dig around and research a little (usually the ESRB is a good place to check) and find out what games are being thought about coming. IGN's usually a step or two ahead of the game, also.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, I tried to do some research but couldn't find anything. If I find a site I'll let you guys know.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Snap, try cleaning the Remote a little. My "-" button seems a little stuck, but I cleaned it out a little and it works better. Just try cleaning it a little and see if it has any effect.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Spawn, I gave information on some of the VC games on page 5 of the Wii Virtual Console thread. Use the info at your own risk. They were all supposedly carefully picked by the good people at Nintendo, so I'm assuming the majority of those games are worth playing. You could also always get games you're familiar with, like Super Mario Bros, F-Zero, or Sonic. And also Super Mario 64, since it's still the only N64 game out there. :(

Sensai

Smash Master
FireBomb, he's talking about the list of future releases, not about reviews of current games.

Ack! And also reviews. Sorry.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Amazon will be selling Wiis...
AHAHA!!

Ohhhh, that's rich...

From The Hylia
December 29, 2006
Jonahthan reported on this earlier. Today, from 7 AM - 11 AM PST, Amazon.Com had a few (and I mean a FEW) Wii systems available. So, everyone was up for waiting four hours to have a chance at getting it. So, what happened?

I was there, on the scene, hoping I'd get a Wii. Did I? Ultimately, no. So, I was leering through the comment board on the Amazon.Com Wii page and people had alot of ways of keeping tabs on the page. They had multiple browsers open, set with 5-second refreshers, etc. Pretty crafty people, I'd say. But, did it work?

Finally, after about two hours, Amazon declared Wii to be on sale. But, this is where everything falls into the ****ter.

Amazon was hosting the Wii page on three different servers. Only one server had the 'Buy now' option. So, after you'd cycle through the other servers by means of refreshing almost every few seconds, you should have hit the page. But, by the time anyone caught onto this, a mere three seconds had passed and all the Wiis were gone.

Of coure, many people now hate Amazon now, stating that this little outing with the Nintendo Wii was 'cruel' since they obviously did not have alot of systems if they sold as quickly as three seconds. This is definately disheartening, no?
I went to a Wal Mart today.
Of COURSE there were no Wiis. This was expected.

But no Wii motes, of course. Or Nunchuks.
OR Points Cards.
They didn't even have any copies of ZELDA.

SOMETHING is up and there is some kinda production issue goin' on.
Must be them trying to spread all of these units across the world.

All I know is that my hopes for getting a Wii even remotely soon have diminished and I am in a "screw Nintendo until they get their crap together" attitude.

I have a copy of Zelda for the Wii that has been sitting idle for weeks now. I have had the money for a Wii ALSO sitting around waiting to be spent.
And retailers, such as Amazon, clearly, have been getting people annoyed by boasting they have Wiis and then not having any at ALL for all practical purposes.

I don't know why the heck no other industry ever has this issue.
I mean, for crying out loud, there aren't even copies of ZELDA. That's not even HARDWARE.
That's a bloody DISC.
I can't help but feel at this point that Nintendo is purposely limiting supplies just to make things look like they're selling out even more than they could be.
I'm still not sure, but the more time goes by, the more I feel this is the case.

I mean, COME ON, they're having shortages of DISCS and freakin' POINT CARDS.
I KNOW these items are NOT difficult to produce.

--
It's a BLOODY good thing that Elite Beat Agents is so freaking fun or I'd be even more irritated than I am.

Snap

Smash Ace
I went to a Wal Mart today.
Of COURSE there were no Wiis. This was expected.

But no Wii motes, of course. Or Nunchuks.
OR Points Cards.
They didn't even have any copies of ZELDA.

SOMETHING is up and there is some kinda production issue goin' on.
Must be them trying to spread all of these units across the world.

All I know is that my hopes for getting a Wii even remotely soon have diminished and I am in a "screw Nintendo until they get their crap together" attitude.

I have a copy of Zelda for the Wii that has been sitting idle for weeks now. I have had the money for a Wii ALSO sitting around waiting to be spent.
And retailers, such as Amazon, clearly, have been getting people annoyed by boasting they have Wiis and then not having any at ALL for all practical purposes.

I don't know why the heck no other industry ever has this issue.
I mean, for crying out loud, there aren't even copies of ZELDA. That's not even HARDWARE.
That's a bloody DISC.
I can't help but feel at this point that Nintendo is purposely limiting supplies just to make things look like they're selling out even more than they could be.
I'm still not sure, but the more time goes by, the more I feel this is the case.

I mean, COME ON, they're having shortages of DISCS and freakin' POINT CARDS.
I KNOW these items are NOT difficult to produce.

--
It's a BLOODY good thing that Elite Beat Agents is so freaking fun or I'd be even more irritated than I am.
your post makes me feel like i should appreciate my wii and zelda a little more. maybe if my wii remote wasn't malfunctional.

couple notes: if you already have zelda, why does it matter that they were out? if it's the principle of having the game available for purchase, then that's somewhat understandable, but even so christmas was just 6 days ago and people buy zelda with their wiis. and of course shipments don't come every day but i will put money on walmart's restocking within a week. as for point cards, those don't even matter because you can add wii points from a credit/atm card directly onto the wii using wiiconnect24. they're more of a novelty than anything practical. kind of like gift cards.

Snap, try cleaning the Remote a little. My "-" button seems a little stuck, but I cleaned it out a little and it works better. Just try cleaning it a little and see if it has any effect.
thanks for the advice.

how did you clean it exactly? In the manual the troubleshooting says something about cleaning with hot water, but i suspect that the problem is at the bottom of the button, beyond the reach of any wet towel.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo shouldn't put a keyboard for talking ONLINE.
Here are some reasons

#1. It is hard because we hold the wiimote and nunchuck with two hands so how will we type?

#2. It will seroiusly affect our gamplay, just stopping us to play just to type and no pausing online.

#3. People don't like reading. Nintendo should put a Mic instead but it's pretty doubtful. Maybe they'll do the friend system from DS where you can only talk to friends You've added.

#4. You won't even try to type online because it would be a big waste and a chance for others to score some points/kills/Ko's easy.

I would say Nintendo should only use the keyboard for the browser, adding friends, making names, etc.

BTW: Happy New Year!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
A keyboard would work fine for an RTS, as far as games go. The internet browser and other general typing functions are the obvious applications.

As for the whole Mic, Friend Codes, and "They don't allow the former due to child predation" thing, what has Nintendo to say about the internet? I mean... It's the internet... If they're worried about providing good communication and a better multiplayer interface because of child predation and mature content, what are they thinking making the internet available? Google is a "I'm feeling lucky" away from porn, message boards are all over the place, and there are at least four 4chan spin-offs that I'm aware of. If they were thinking about the kiddies, it's a little late.

Top Bottom