• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

LemonManX

Smash Lord
<3 FireBomb.

I haven't gotten anything for Xmas yet, as it's Xmas Eve.

I do know for a fact that I'm getting Elebits. That's about it.

I love that comic, BTW. Although I like this one more. This one made me laugh out loud several times:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/20

Freaking. Hilarious.
That was worth clicking. Freakin' comedy gold. Props to Penny Arcade once again, man those guys rock.

In other news, I got my Wii today for Chrissie (****ed having to wait a few weeks) and am now going to purchase Zelda after unhooking myself from Wii Sports (its harder to do so than I thought, that game is addictive).

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I played DBZ bt2 and it seemed awesome, too bad my cousin returned it, but if hes speakin the truth he'll give me one on xmas, and yeah its hard at first, but then i got the hang of it, doin kamehamehas and spirit bombs with the wiimote is a blast...

I still only have super sayain one only its a looooooong game. Its awsome and its the best dbz out there.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I got my connection up, now its "Wii Console Update" How do I find my Wii number?
Check your address book. You can get to there from the main menu.

Tetaway

Smash Apprentice
Um....I just got Madden 07, and it's not working. None of my motions are working. I can select things for the menu, and my buttons work. But not my motions. Since I doubt it's the game, what's wrong my with remote? Even when I aim, the cursor is around half a foot to a foot below my wiimote.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Maybe you got to adjust some of your Wii settings from the main menu. Check sensitivity, sensor bar placement, and other motion-related setting.

Tetaway

Smash Apprentice
Thing is, it just started happening. It was working fine before, and I got it around a month ago.

Well, I haven't played it in a week or two, and one of my friends did bang it against a wall by accident. Could that have, like, broken it or something? or maybe just mess up the sensor?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Thing is, it just started happening. It was working fine before, and I got it around a month ago.

Well, I haven't played it in a week or two, and one of my friends did bang it against a wall by accident. Could that have, like, broken it or something? or maybe just mess up the sensor?
That's kindof funny. I just got Madden as well, and I'm having the same problem. Except I'm the one who bashed it into bench by accident.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
yeah merry Christmas everyone, didn't get anything cool but some wii accessories i'm gonna return for wii points. did the news channel come out yet?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The Wiimote is always on. The Power button on it just turns on/off the actual console. Check your instruction manual on how to configure your remote to your console so it will work.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Maybe you gotta sync it to the Wii. If it's a different remote, then you gotta sync it so it'll work when you turn it on. There's nothing wrong with the controller, I assure you.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Turn on your console.

When it's on, open the little flap in the front and press the red button.

After you press that, quickly press the red button under by the batteries-- you have to open the Wiimote.

Anyway, once you press them in that order, it should work after a few seconds.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
If you cant synch it for some reason, pull the power and try again.

A question about the Wii browser zoom: Does it zoom farther when your mouse is to the four corners of the screen versus the middle?

That's what I think, but sometimes it doesn't work. Meh, it could be a minor glitch.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well, something weird is going on with my Wiimote.

When I play any game, like let's say Zelda, it will move the Fairey around fine, but will not let the sword come out. On Madden, I can aim for the menu all I want, but it will not pass, or hike, or anything of the sort. I have switched batteries and have resynched the mote with the console. What's going on?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This may sound stupid but try keep the Remote pointed towards the Sensor Bar. It seems that the Remote can go crazy sometimes if you don't keep it pointed towards the general direction of the Sensor Bar. Also, you don't hear anything moving inside the Remote when you shake it right? I mean, you'll hear some clicking from the buttons shaking around, but anything else could be an internal problem...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, something weird is going on with my Wiimote.

When I play any game, like let's say Zelda, it will move the Fairey around fine, but will not let the sword come out. On Madden, I can aim for the menu all I want, but it will not pass, or hike, or anything of the sort. I have switched batteries and have resynched the mote with the console. What's going on?
This may sound obvious, but you apparently have an accelerometer issue. Granted, I don't even have a solution, so this post may be entirely worthless, but I'm just pointing out that the IR pointer and motion sensors are two different things. It is very possible for your pointer to work while the motion detection is broken (as in your case).

Just tryin' to help. >_<

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well, ****.

I have to buy a new one, or is there a possible solution to it?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, ****.

I have to buy a new one, or is there a possible solution to it?
Well, I would try calling Nintendo. I don't think Remotes or Nunchuks have a warranty, but if they do, you might be able to get a free replacement. If not, just claim it as being defective and hope they give you a replacement anyways.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Woot, I got my Wii. That's what I`m using to post this. :) I got Zelda, Red Steel, and some Wii points too! ...except I don't have the virtual controller. :(

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Other than a cheap substitute for cable TV, it isn't worth anything.

>_< Oddly enough, I'm using the pathetic Wii browser when my laptop is three feet away from me. I'm so lazy/stupid.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok guys need ur opinion, didnt get budokai tenkaichi 2 for xmas, me gettin pissed, but got 50 bucks, so its all good, so what should I do, buy BT2 or wait for idk MP3 or galaxy, whenever it comes out, the thing is, i played Budokai before and that game, combine with the wiimote is sick, sure its hard but once u get the hang of it, its pwnage, yet If I buy it and if eithe rMP3 or galaxy announces its release date to a soon-to-be-date i wont have the money to buy it, and im one of those guys that wnats to buy the game at the 1st day, if u say well work and get some money, well cant, was gonna work with my uncle when at community service they told us we have to go and continue to do service even when when theres no school til february, so with the hours i gotta do daily i cant work, so what should i do, get budokai, or wait and buy galaxy or mp3, preventing the "oh no i dont have money and the release is soon!" thing... *I suck at typing so if i spelled something wonrg my bad, besides im mexican english aitn my native language*

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I heard that MP3 and SMG are coming out late, late 2007.

Go ahead and get DBZ and wait until your birthday.

Sensai

Smash Master
Get DBZ and wait: the other games won't be out for a while.

I don't think anyone's Wii remotes are messed up, BTW. Nintendo's products are usually made with utmost quality (ha, Sony), so I doubt the accelerometer messes up that quickly. I've banged mine around a bit too, but nothing like this has happened.

Back up from your sensor bar to about 5 feet, make sure that Christmas lights are interfering, and just try again.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Instead of using $50 for DB, or MP3, or Galaxy, use it for all three. Use it for this:

I think you should take your birthday into consideration as well. If you're going to be able to gather up $150 (you forgot Brawl) by August-ish, buy Dragon Ball. If you somehow mess up your calculations then simply rent the games you want if you absolutely need it the first day.

Edit: Darn. He already made up his mind...

Top Bottom