• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
The internet channel's alright. It's pretty much just a standard Opera browser, so far as I can tell.

I've heard YouTube works.

Everyone, when you get it, don't forget to check out www.wiicade.com. I tried it, but it didn't wanna work for me, so maybe you guys can help me out.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
The internet channel's alright. It's pretty much just a standard Opera browser, so far as I can tell.

I've heard YouTube works.

Everyone, when you get it, don't forget to check out www.wiicade.com. I tried it, but it didn't wanna work for me, so maybe you guys can help me out.
Wiicade worked for me. I even played a few games. How exactly didn't it work? (I read on the site that some games won't work on the Wii's browser.)

Sensai

Smash Master
I just went there and chose a random game. It just wouldn't load.

You use the A button to click, right? Jeah...nothing doing. Although, I'll try again after I get back from shopping.

BTW, I got some component cables and plugged 'em in. Nothing happened except for the vividness of the color in Zelda. So, I turned it off and went through the menu and found the place where you change it to HD and turned it on. Loaded up Zelda...

Wow.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just went there and chose a random game. It just wouldn't load.

You use the A button to click, right? Jeah...nothing doing. Although, I'll try again after I get back from shopping.

BTW, I got some component cables and plugged 'em in. Nothing happened except for the vividness of the color in Zelda. So, I turned it off and went through the menu and found the place where you change it to HD and turned it on. Loaded up Zelda...

Wow.
Lol at your reaction to component Zelda. :laugh:

The B button also seems to function as click too, but I could just be imagining things...

I believe someone said earlier they couldn't find component cables. Try looking harder, because most retail stores are selling them. Don't forget Nintedo's online store or other places such as Amazon. You're bound to find some if you look hard enough.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Sensai said:
BTW, I got some component cables
GODAMMIT. I'm looking for them EVERYWHERE and I can't find them. And nor can I order them online because my ****ing bank HSBC tried to send me my new debit card, but lost it in the mail, not once, but twice. Screw HSBC, screw the person that keeps on stealing my mail, and screw the lack of retail component cables.

Sensai, Rockettrainer, if you've seen component cables on shelves, tell me which stores they've been in so I can get my paws on them. I deliberately put off playing Zelda until I could play it in 480p, and this self-imposed abstinence is driving me insane.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
man, youtube doesn't work but google video does.us WTF? oh well. I can't wait to see the dinal version of this.
I decided to try out Google Video on the browser. I decided to watch Shined Blind for a test. All's well, but then, after I "paused" the movie with the home button, it played for one second. After that one second, there was this crazy loud beeping noise. I couldn't turn off my Wii. So I just unplugged it. Okay, well, maybe it was just bad luck. I boot up my Wii (all my saves seem to be in order). I open the browser again "...unable to connect to the Internet." My internet itself is fine. I just hope it's just an Opera thing, not a Wii thing.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I can't connect to the Wii Shopping channel for some reason... Error Code: 209576... tried like, 6 times now.

Yet, I can still recieve messages... and I can access the weather channel still.

Anyone else notice how the weather symbols in Japan are different than anywhere else? Their symbols are a whole lot more cartoony than the rest of the world's.

And Maelstrom-- is it REALLY that much better to play with component cables? It's still the same game.

And it's the Wii-- it's not like the graphics are amazing or anything.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
And Maelstrom-- is it REALLY that much better to play with component cables? It's still the same game.

It's not so much that the graphics are better (they are), it's the fact that I blew $700+ on an HDTV. I might as well take advantage of the fact that my TV has progressive scan and play the game in better quality, since I have that option. Otherwise, the HDTV investment is pretty pointless.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer

If you're playing on a typical 20-30 inch TV then they help only a tad. You'll see slightly richer colors and sharper pixels. The place it's really needed is on a big big TV. I played on a 65-inch widescreen TV yesterday. It was the first time I had ever seen a Gamecube or Wii game seem slightly pixelated. I wasn't bothered one bit (I love gameplay, not graphics), but that was one instance where the cables would've been nice since the degradation was more apparent. On a normal home TV, though, it just depends on how picky you are.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Wiicade.com is awsome because of the wiimote. Zoom in like any other sniper for tactical assasin. :D

Too bad youtube dosen't work, but google video is alright too.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Holy crap everything is tiny with the browser... zooming in ftw?
Ummm...there is a zoom feature. Who cares if it's tiny then?

It's funny, smashboards actually boots faster on the Wii than on my brand new mac. o_O
Go figure.

Why do I seem to get lucky with launch systems? I didn't have any problems with my launch DS lite or Wii.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Ummm...there is a zoom feature. Who cares if it's tiny then?

It's funny, smashboards actually boots faster on the Wii than on my brand new mac. o_O
Go figure.

Why do I seem to get lucky with launch systems? I didn't have any problems with my launch DS lite or Wii.
My browser goes almost the same speed. I just hate using the wiimote to type stuff, it takes long but it's passable.

Sensai

Smash Master
Maelstrom: I got mine at a store called the Rhino.

I'm playing on a 46'' TV, and it makes a HUGE difference.

Youtube works 100% for me.

Wow, all of this typed from my Wii. Loooooong time...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Woah.0_0 I just found this.

Here's a little easter egg not very many people know about. It's pretty much a little tune hidden in various games composer Kazumi Tokaka has worked on. Here's a link for more info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLMAgcGA8Dw&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biLfTqQA5T8&NR

What does this have to do with the Wii? Tokaka worked on WiiSports, as seen in the last seconds of the clip, here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBO8EZSNH3A&NR

Find that tune!

Nite

Smash Champion
I'm on my wii browser right now. It's pretty cool, but the words are tiny on Smashboards.

Edit- Zoom button ftw.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Still getting that stupid error code: 209576

Thing is, my test connection detects it almost instantly.

SCREW YOU, SHOP CHANNEL! *shakes fist*

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
commonyoshi those links are really cool, i'm surprised that no one has interviewed totaki and asked him about his little jingle. is there a website or some other reference point that has more quirky little instances like that? very awsome.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, I saw that music thing a while back. It is pretty neat. The first thing that came into my head when I saw his name: the tadpole composer from SMRPG.

I <3<3 that game.

And Xsyven...

Users reported that they received this message while trying to access the Wii Shop, this is the same Error as 209600 so don't be confused about the solutions that follow.

Some users who were sure that their wireless connection was setup right waited a short time and tried again. This time it worked. This could be due to server issues when many people access the "site"

I have another solution for this, change your wireless router to channel 1. This worked for me as well as some people on the Nsider forums. Testing my connection in the options menu is faster now too. (thanks to anonymous, via email)

I kept getting the 209601 error when trying to connect to the Wii Shop Channel, but after a few 'try again's I got in... After browsing a bit I clicked on Shopping Guide and after a long wait it gave me the 209600 error. I just clicked try again to reconnect to the Shop Channel and then after a click it went to the Shopping Guide fine. Seems like it's a Timeout error.

Yo guys,i just downloaded the trial verson of the Wii internet browser of the Wii shop channel.

It's free,and it offers a great amount of freedom,i can even watch vids on youtube.I suggest downloading it as soon as you can.

I might even see if i can go on smashboards with it.^^

EDIT:Oops...I'm late...sorry.^_^*sweat drop*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Still getting that stupid error code: 209576

Thing is, my test connection detects it almost instantly.

SCREW YOU, SHOP CHANNEL! *shakes fist*
Just keep trying and be patient. There's a good chance the server is heavily congested due to traffic. This will happen everytime they release new VC games/firmware updates.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I kept getting an error code everytime i tested my connection i forget which code it was. Well I solved it by moving my wii a little closer to the access point. Try that.

BTW i got dragonballz technaki 2 for wii and i have got alot of work to do. :) Which is good.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I sit right next to the TV with my laptop which is getting a strong internet connection. And I'm still getting emails and such.

Stryks

Smash Hero
wwoah wait really? I tried too c a movie en you tube, yetit wasnt playing, was waiting for like 5 minutes for it to START loading and nothing... hmm well Ill check it l8r I guess...

Sensai

Smash Master
Youtube worked fine for me yesterday, but now it won't even work on my PC.

I'm also not sure if Youtube meant to do it, or if it's a mistake. I don't understand why they would intentionally cut hits from their site, though. Unless it was Google attempting to make Google Video look better.

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
I kept getting an error code everytime i tested my connection i forget which code it was. Well I solved it by moving my wii a little closer to the access point. Try that.

BTW i got dragonballz technaki 2 for wii and i have got alot of work to do. :) Which is good.
Lol I rented DBZ:BT2 it was so hard to use the controllers so I returned and got Excite truck and im gald I did lol.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Well, my friend was able to get the Opera browser-- when I was at his house today, we were watching SSBM videos on Youtube... it was this aftoon... er... yesterday afternoon. Has it been weird since then?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Lol I rented DBZ:BT2 it was so hard to use the controllers so I returned and got Excite truck and im gald I did lol.

You can use the gamecube controller too. Personally i use both the gamecube and the wii mote, i havent tryed the classic controller one yet.

I never got to watch youtube vids only one and now it keeps saying get this flash player but opera dosen't support it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I played DBZ bt2 and it seemed awesome, too bad my cousin returned it, but if hes speakin the truth he'll give me one on xmas, and yeah its hard at first, but then i got the hang of it, doin kamehamehas and spirit bombs with the wiimote is a blast...

Top Bottom