• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
my wii is so messed up

i can't even play it anymore

when i turn it on it says "system files corrupted. consult wii instructions manual for troubleshooting help."

this pisses me off so bad. i called nintendo and in about a month i'll have it back, fixed. a month without my wii. what the f*ck.
do u know wat happened to make it become that way?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
That was reported by several people. Apparently it would happen after the initial system update.

Also, a homebrew game is something made without being actually published or licensed by nintendo. It's created by unofficial devs who don't actually have a dev kit, and publish the games as downloadable files. In the case of the DS, you can install them onto a flash cartridge(you have to purchase that separately). I assum with the Wii you could download them onto an SD card and play from that.

Sensai

Smash Master
Or, even easier then an SD card, perhaps the Wii could be somehow hooked to the computer using those USB ports (if they ever get unlocked).

Zink

Smash Champion
Hey guys, hear about this? The PS3 Sixaxis is getting an Emmy... after ripping off the Wiimote, and poorly at that.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I heard the controller for PS3 had a bad connection. People say it loses signal a lot.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Well, I've that if the PS3 six axis controller gets desynched, you have to send it back to Sony to fix. Not the controller, but the six axis feature.

D

Deleted member

Buzz, even though this is a Wii thread, that doesn't mean we have to be complete Wii fanboys. My remote has a tendency of glitching out from time to time, not turning on normally. It's not just SIXAXIS controllers, that's just mean to say.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Buzz, even though this is a Wii thread, that doesn't mean we have to be complete Wii fanboys. My remote has a tendency of glitching out from time to time, not turning on normally. It's not just SIXAXIS controllers, that's just mean to say.
Forgive me. I was just posting what I heard. I've honestly never heard any bad stuff about Wii remotes except for stuff in this thread. I'm not being a Wii fanboy. >_<

D

Deleted member

That's cool, but it felt like you were posting anti-Sony news just ...because. Anyway, if that's not the case, then sure.

Anyway, I dislike Sony a lot, but to be fair, we have to include Nintendo glitches as well

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I'm not a Wii fanboy... I just want Sony to fail miserably, for some reason... Maybe it's cause they're partly responsible for the death of good videogames, and yet this is just as true of Microsoft, and I hate them slightly less. Maybe it's just that the controller seems stolen, and seeing it suck would make it appear as if karma holds true (not that I believe in any of that crap anyway)...

... Whatever... PC > Console.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Not to turn this topic into console debates but how exactly are Sony or Microsoft responsible for the death of good videogames? Nevermind that it implys that good video game are non-existant.

Sensai

Smash Master
Paranoid's just talking about how most video games now are just about the pretty graphics as opposed to the actual gameplay. This is why I'm a Nintendo fanboy, because I enjoy having a good time with games, not just looking at them (although Zelda...)

To be fair, it does seem that a lot of Sony and M$'s thoughts are somewhat like 'This game has sex, blood, guns, drugs, and cars. Therefore, it must be good.'

Then again, it's not really their fault....

I figure that Sony gets an Emmy because they showed up at CES. M$ won something last year (they were the only ones to show), Sony showed up this year and won by default. If Nintendo had shown up, they would've gotten one fine.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Paranoid's just talking about how most video games now are just about the pretty graphics as opposed to the actual gameplay. This is why I'm a Nintendo fanboy, because I enjoy having a good time with games, not just looking at them (although Zelda...)

To be fair, it does seem that a lot of Sony and M$'s thoughts are somewhat like 'This game has sex, blood, guns, drugs, and cars. Therefore, it must be good.
Really?Would you mind pointing me in the direction of first party Sony games that contain "sex, blood, guns, drugs, and cars"?

Sensai

Smash Master
Chill, do both of us a favor and continue reading.

Ack! It's vague, but most people would understand what I mean. Right under what you quoted, I say that 'it's not really their fault.' I meant (and this is obvious enough to me, at least) that it's the developers.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
i for one have never been a fan of sony, but i really dont have anything against them. i like both nintendo and microsoft. mainly nintendo for ssb and zelda. i just hate that nintendo was totally ***** by sony and microsoft with their previous system the gamecube, thou it only had a couple good games like ssbm and sum others and its for the most part nintendos fault. they use to be one of the best systems with n64 with games like ssb, conker, mario and pretty much ***** ps and just because they dont have all the mature games with their next console they are considered a horrible brand. i just think its time that the wii brings them back into the game and hopefully #1

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
If it's anyone's fault for the decline of video games, it's ours. We buy them so we're responsible.

Just a heads up, I'm lending my Wii to a friend so feel free to send threatening messages to him if you want. His name is "Matt". (Nothing TOO bad)

Snap

Smash Ace
do u know wat happened to make it become that way?
here's EXACTLY what happened:

My wii was working fine. Yesterday I decided to play Wii sports. So I was playing Wii bowling for a couple hours and I became a PRO, and I decided to take a break. So clicked the "Home" button, and when I went to the home page, a few seconds later this message showed up:

"System files corrupted. Please see Wii Instructions Manual for troubleshooting help."

And ever since, whenever I turn on the Wii that message shows up and it freezes.

----

Did you guys say this was a common problem? Anybody know what causes it?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well, I think I'm the first to report this problem. Everyone has occasional trouble with the Wiimote sometimes more seriously than others, but no one's complained about the nunchuck.
Lately, when I play LoZ: TP, sometimes link just starts running in circles in teh neutral position. Like when you have the stick pushed forward on the GC and then turn it on. It calibrates one side as neutral.

However, this occurs randomly in teh middle of gameplay. It's not difficult to deal with since i can just unplug and re-plug the nunchuck, but it's getting pretty irritating. I think it might become a problem if we're playing an FPS and suddenly your character starts moving to the side, especially in multiplayer.

Do you guys think its the nunchuk or the game? It looks like the nunchuk, but I haven't had the problem in DBZ: BT2 or Red Steel.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
What I mean by the death of video games is that video games are becoming less innovative. Every FPS game that's been released in the past six months (barring Portal) has been about the same exact thing: Spot the enemy, shoot the enemy. Linear levels with enemies on every wall, the occasional gadget, and then it's graphics from there on. Yeah, you change the story, you change the settings, and you change the guns, but we all know we're really just playing GoldenEye Reincarnation # 500. Granted, Nintendo is responsible of this, too, but they make up for it by releasing more innovative games, like Metroid, which has been the only different FPS I've seen in the past couple years (barring Portal, again).

Of course, this happens to every genre. Racing games have been pretty much the same for years: You get a car, you get different cars, you upgrade your cars. Burnout was a little different, in that they rewarded you for spectacular crashes, but it was still mediocre in comparison to the innovation that Mario Kart brought to the scene: Race, and while you're at it, blow your enemies to smithereens with a a plethora of hilarious items.

Then we get to the fighting game. Formula for a fighting game, recently? A thousand characters, nine hundred and sixty of which should be exact clones of one another, girls with ridiculously skimpy clothing, and a moveset so vast that mashing buttons will eventually score you a kill. Here I hail Nintendo where all others have failed (and you do as well, or else you wouldn't be reading this forum). Super Smash Bros is the only "New" Fighting game since the days of Street Fighter. The only honorable mention I can think of is possibly Soul Calibur for instituting weapon switches, that, rather than being obviously advantageous, vary gameplay.

And no, I'm not saying that Nintendo isn't just as guilty as Microsoft and Sony of these atrocities against our entertainment, but they are the only ones who have made video games better or different for consoles in as long as I can remember. They even went as far as to completely ditch the controllers we've been mashing for two decades. So, yeah, if respecting innovation makes me a fanboy, then I'm a giant fanboy.

Sensai

Smash Master
ChRed2AKrisp, that's a ****ty problem. I have no idea at all what that is, but just try unplugging and then replugging.

Chill, I mean the 3rd party developers. The only thing that could be blamed on Sony or M$ concerning guns, sex, etc is that they don't attempt to censor it (haha Mortal Kombat for the SNES), but that really isn't something they should do.

And Paranoid...you get a cookie and win the Internets for the above post.

[Edit:]

Forgot something. If you're interested in what could be upcoming (Q1) VC games, then you should check out my last post on the VC thread. Before you click, though, be warned that this is Nintendo of Europe...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=92558&page=8

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You complained earlier that Chill didn't read your entire post. Try reading mine, since I explicitly stated that unplugging and re-plugging the nunchuck worked, but playing a fast paced game will still screw you up, especially WiFi where you can't pause. I might even get disconnected from the game if I do that, I don't yet know. When I get a WiFi game I'll be sure to find out.

edit: and these arguments are ********. You people need to grow up. These are games. GAMES. As in, they are not essential, you will not stop breathing if the quality of games (in only some player's opinions) goes down. You PAY for these games. With YOUR money. You CHOOSE to play them. It's your own **** fault if you do and you don't like it. So either play the **** games or don't. Don't buy the games, play them, complain about how gaming quality has decreased as of late, and then buy more.

and please, I don't need a gang of you to try to justify and rationalize your whining. Because that's what it is.

It's almost as bad as the idiots who complain and rant about the PS3's price. Like that idiot who made an entire thread about it. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. You're only making a fool out of yourself, and honestly, no one's going to go, hmmm, I was going to buy a PS3, but I've seen the light, Sony is corrupt and EVIL! Long live the Wii!

There's too much crap in the media as it is. Just STFU.

*whew* That felt good.

Volrec

Smash Lord
We are supposed to be talking about how much the Wii pwns!
Nintendo fans! WE are brothers and sisters! WE dont turn against each other!

2 more days till I can expierience the awesomeness of what is Legend of Zelda : TWilight PRincess.

..yes, you can ask me why I have to wait 2 days. >.>

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Pass.

So you lot still don't have Wii play, yet? Suckage; it's really fun.

I don't have my Wii connected to the internet yet and honestly, I don't know how to. Can someone give me a list of what I need and some simple steps on how to set it up (or tell me where to find this information)?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You don't have to get an access point or anything complicated. You just select "Search for access point" on the Wii and select one that comes up. If you have a WEP code (which means you hav it locked so other people can't steal the signal) you'll have to ask your dad to enter that code on the Wii when it prompts you for it. Your dad shoul know what the access signal is called , so don't worry about accidently using your neighbors signal and then wondering why your internet stopped working after they move or w/e.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hmph, I have positive expectations for Smooth Moves. Only a week left until it comes, and since it'll be the only other game I'll have besides Zelda and Wii Sports, being average isn't an option.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
To PA: Blaming Sony and Microsoft for the supposed decline in video games is unfair to me. For example you mentioned the racing genre and cited Mario Kart as an example of originality. Well, the original mario kart was released a long time ago and what changes have been made since then? Two players per kart? I'm not even saying these games are bad because Mario Kart DS is the game I've most enjoyed on that handheld so far. I just get annoyed when people are always blaming Sony and Microsoft.

To sensai: You said that Sony and Msoft seem to only care about violence. Then say it's not their fault but the 3rd parties..but they shouldn't censor it anyways. You can count me among the confused.

I'm not going to say anymore. I'm not trying to ignore you guys or get in the last word I just don't want this to turn into console debates.

To Chared: breath :p

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Is my wii screwed up or is it an update?

Yeah... I got back from the furniture store (looking for bars) and I went back to my WII (yay Elebits!) and when I tried to turn my wii off of Standby, it wouldn't turn on! I have a secksy blue glow, btw. So it could be an update!

*my friend tried sending me an elebits "map", so that could be it...

I'll edit when I figure out what it is, NEWS CHANNEL, PERHAPS?!?!

Edit: sorry to get whoever read that excited... just need to unplug and re-plug my wii!

Sensai

Smash Master
ChRed....jesus, you just exploded all over the place. It's not like we're living or dying depending on how video games turn out...it's just something interesting to talk about. And I did read your post, seriously, I just didn't have any idea what else was wrong with it, so I just said it again. Please forgive me.
Chill said:
To sensai: You said that Sony and Msoft seem to only care about violence. Then say it's not their fault but the 3rd parties..but they shouldn't censor it anyways. You can count me among the confused.
I stated the first part (about M$ and Sony only caring about violence etcetra) in agreement with whoever brought it up, then I said the whole thing about the 3rd party and dev teams so as to shine light on both cases. Sorry I confused you.

And if ChRed wasn't going to have a heart attack, I'd've liked a console wars topic, especially with intelligent people who actually seem to know what they're talking about. Oh well. Moving on....

I'll be getting WarioWare a few days after it comes out. I expect it to be like all the other ones: really REALLY fun and crazy for 2 or so days, and then it'll fizzle down and become something that I do when I've got nothing else to do. Mostly, it's just a huge tech demo, IMO, showing what the Wii can do (controller wise).

<3 guys. Don't stress, we're all just talking here.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah... I got back from the furniture store (looking for bars) and I went back to my WII (yay Elebits!) and when I tried to turn my wii off of Standby, it wouldn't turn on! I have a secksy blue glow, btw. So it could be an update!

*my friend tried sending me an elebits "map", so that could be it...

I'll edit when I figure out what it is, NEWS CHANNEL, PERHAPS?!?!

Edit: sorry to get whoever read that excited... just need to unplug and re-plug my wii!
It was probably an Elebits map or a message, because the News Channel has been slated for a Jan 27 release. It might debut a little bit earlier than Jan 27, but not two and a half weeks early. That would be so unlike Nintendo. <_<

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Sensai, if we had some sort of message sytem that let people tell other about their post I would say "Oh, that makes sense now". As it is I'm just wasting a post to tell you.

Sensai

Smash Master
Why thanks Chill. I'll waste this post and tell you that I <3 you.

Sorry, but I have some Wii related news. You understand, right?

In an IGN question-answer type thing concerning the Wii, a question concerning a lack of online was asked, specifically relating to the FPS genre. IGN responded with this (the bolded area is the things I found important):
IGN said:
As of right now there's no announcement of any online FPS for Wii though. The cat is pretty much out of the bag as far as why no games were online at launch, and if you're late to the party we can catch you up by simply saying "Nintendo wasn't ready" and leave it at that, but we also know that online is on the way, and from the sounds of it the Wii will be getting some support. Obviously our mouths are sealed right now, but let's just say we're hearing rumblings of Wii-specific versions of at least one of the main FPS franchises out there. Oh, and when we say "Wii-specific" we don't mean tacked on controls that claim to make it a new experience. We're talking an immersive, competitive experience built from the ground up for Wii. Here's hoping everything works out as planned, as I look forward to be fragging each and every one of you ASAP.
Somewhat cryptic, eh? Well, let's analyze a tad, shall we?

The first part I bolded is obviously just Bozon (as he wrote that) referencing Nintendo's pledge to make online gaming happen on the Wii. Great, excellent, we've heard that before. The part about it getting 'some support' could be attributed to him just saying that Nintendo's going to be dishing out some online, or that some huge online title is Wii-bound.

The second bolded part is talking about 'one of the main FPS franchises out there.' The first and hasty reader, myself included, would jump immediately at Metroid Prime 3, but upon reading it again...it says nothing about the FPS being Nintendo owned. His next sentence (not bolded so as to avoid confusion) mentions that it's not just a remake with 'tacked on controls', but a (last bolded area) completely new experience.

So...get talking. Any ideas? My bet is still MP3, but it's looking almost 3rd party at this point. Almost big third party.

[Edit:]

One last thing that Bozon said that I thought was pretty interesting (along with being something I thought/hoped would happen):
IGN said:
To be more specific, I expect full world ranking, online leaderboards, and Nintendo-supported Smash Bros. tournaments when all is said and done.

Top Bottom