• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
One time I was watching Rove Live (much like your David Letterman and Conan O' Brien shows) and something really funny happened in the show. Unbeknownst to me, my gamecube was under my leg and I stomped down really hard in a fit of laughter onto my gamecube. Nothing happened. I might as well have stomped on a cinderblock. Several times I've thrown my controllers at the GC in fits of rage after making too many errors in HRC and the GC as well as the controllers have both come out fine. Nintendo know how to make really strong products. I don't think we have anything to worry about when it comes to console breakage.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Yeah, all my Nintendo stuff (with the exception of a Metroid: II cartridge for gameboy which I myself messed up) still works perfectly. Weren't those NES cartridges and things only supposed to last a few years? They've lasted for nearly 20. The only problem with GCN controllers is the joysticks, which I think is supposed to be fix-able if you have the tri-wing screwdriver.

Rash

Smash Ace
Nintendo is very well known for making durable hardware. Everything from controllers, to cartridges, to consoles.

I, personally, loved that video where the guy hooks his gamecube up to the back of his car and drags it around the block; when he plugs it in it still works. Hilarious!

Here's to hoping the Wii follows the same trend.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Some REVO(wii) shiz for you guys.

codenamerevolution.com says:

Blizzard supporting Wii?
Tuesday, July 4th, 2006
Take this with a grain of salt but a job posting on Gamasutra.com (requires subscription) from Blizzard Entertainment for ‘Senior Console Producer’ asks for someone who has (but it’s not required) experience in producing for the Wii, 360 and PS3. Could it be possible that they might support the Wii? Maybe but until we get something solid it would be great news to have them on board.

4 WII sports Vids: http://www.ngcfrance.com/news.php?operande=0&idx=5313&r=1

OPERA for DS website: http://www.opera.com/products/devices/nintendo/

^this has to relate to the WII web abilities.

WII on ebay??!?!?!?!?!? cardboard......: http://cgi.ebay.com/White-model-of-...goryZ187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mini CoD3 website: http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3151678&did=1

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/05/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm

Good news! The Wii is in production. The 360 didn't begin production until 69 days before its launch, so this is great news. Not missing a beat, CNN predicts that the Wii will launch earlier than we all expect it to because it's already in production.

Perhaps Nintendo won't launch earlier than we're thinking though (We're thinking October, yes?), but instead they'll just produce a ton of the things so they're the only company that doesn't sell out this holiday season.

kaid

Smash Master
By my calculation, 3 production lines producing Wiis with a 6 second spacing (and thus, packaging one wii every 6 seconds), 18 hours a day would produce almost a million units a month. With a 3 month head start... Launch may not be an issue.

Note that these numbers are rough estimates.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
kaid said:
By my calculation, 3 production lines producing Wiis with a 6 second spacing (and thus, packaging one wii every 6 seconds), 18 hours a day would produce almost a million units a month. With a 3 month head start... Launch may not be an issue.

Note that these numbers are rough estimates.
Yes, but you fail to realize that Nintendo consoles aren't made on assembly lines, but rather by the hands of a diety.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
No, because you haven't accounted for the time involved for each Warrior NintenPriest to protect factory assembly lines from the ruthless, relentless, and evil Soh-Nee Demons who have allied themselves with the tyrannical "X" empire.

kaid

Smash Master
Ah! But hadn't you heard? We have a treaty with the X Empire now, to destroy the Soh-Nee once and for all! Little do they know the Wii60 is but a ploy, to gather worshipers from the very heart of the Empire!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm not worried. For some reason, Wii seems to be the system that will keep on going for many, many months but wont have an amazing start. Judging by my school mates' reactions, it's going to take some time for them to be convinced. This system was made for the casual gamer. Casual gamers dont stand in front of the store for hours on the first couple of days.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
commonyoshi said:
I'm not worried. For some reason, Wii seems to be the system that will keep on going for many, many months but wont have an amazing start. Judging by my school mates' reactions, it's going to take some time for them to be convinced. This system was made for the casual gamer. Casual gamers dont stand in front of the store for hours on the first couple of days.
I had just the opposite reaction at my school and by my nerdy associates (guild, etc.). Every really hardcore player I know is getting one the second they launch.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I have a teacher that is a Nintendo Fan. :p Me, him, and anyone else we can convince are all eager to get a Wii. One of my friends already has it reservered. I'm jealous.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
A lot of places are just too worried to do reservations on consoles again after what happened with the 360. So many stores didn't fill their reservations till March. That's 5 months after launch. I don't know of any stores that are taking reservations for the PS3 even though the date and price is known. Stores are going to be very cautious with the PS3 (as there WILL be shortages of it), and we'll see about the Wii. With Nintendo already producing them, there could be enough for the holiday season.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Over five million Wii consoles will be shipped to the U.S. come launch. With more coming before/during/after Thanksgiving. You might find a little trouble getting a console if you live in a crowded city and the same for small communities, but it shouldn't be too hard to get one at launch.

V Edit: Yes, Nintendo Power, It could be a little off though because that was two months ago. ;)

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
I won't bother pre-ordering here in Sydney, unless there is a bonus of course. I doubt there will be any shortages here and if there are, I'll find my way around it.

Top Bottom