• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Zink

Smash Champion
Anyone remember the colors? Red, green, black, white, and what?
Personally, I prefer a black Wii with controllers of each of the other colors.

SmashBros.Guy

Smash Cadet
I'm getting a red because it's been my favorite color. It also looks like white is the popular one because it was the every time I see the Wii it's usually in white. Before it was black though.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Avatar: The Last Airbender vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA82LS9ezFE

Super Swing Pangya screens: http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/06/09/104,1149823204,54614,0,0.html

FRONT FLAP ON REVO IS?????

According to the latest issue of Game Informer, the interview with Reggie Fils-Aime reveals that the Front Flap of the Wii holds the SD Card.

“That is where an SD card goes. That’s storable media. And on top, are the attachments for the GameCube controllers. It will be one of the memory mediums, and it’s the only one that we’ve announced,” explained Reggie Fils-Aime of Nintendo.

Vids AND screens of Rayman4: http://wii.vggen.com/gallery.php?game=719

DBZ:BT2 screens: http://www.jeux-france.com/blog102214_Kingjpa

Zink

Smash Champion
What I've seen of SD memory cards have been pretty thin. They can be easily bent or broken. Hopefully there will be a special case like with the memory cards.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If I remember rightly, they're about the size of a DS gamecard.

Zink

Smash Champion
I ahve one for a digital camera, and it's pretty small. I hope they buff it up a bit cause it's very easy to bend and break it.

PS- stop confusing me with the name changes!
PPS- I had 666 posts. :urg:

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
I think nintendo still has a chance to recover themeselves with wii but if he doesn`t, then obviously playsation 3 is gonna be the top console again, since nintendo is changing the playing style of the games, which they look great.

lately nintendo has been doing terrible games, they should put a lot of time to their games before they launch them, like they did with zelda ocarina of time, super mario 64, etc etc, those where great games, if they do the same with every game that they make, then they will have more chances to be the top console once again.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Well im pretty sure Twilight Princess has been in the works for a very long time. It should be one of N's more solid titles. Metroid should also be a safe bet. And lets not forget about the new Mario.

So the question is not whether or not Nintendo will have some good games out. It will be whether or not they can continue to pump them out. I know we got Sonic and Brawl comming some time in the future and those are two titles I can look foward to. After that who knows? We might even get a decent Starfox title for the first time in a long while.

As far as competing with the PS3 goes, its all about the games. I have no doubt that the PS3 will have some kickin games, but the Wii is beginning to get some major third party support. I dont know about you, but I cant shell out $600 for a game system. No matter how beautiful it looks. Im sure that with 2x the power of a cube (correct me if im wrong), the Wii will look just fine.

Zink

Smash Champion
In Nintendo Power, Reggie said they were working on a) putting together lots of good launch titles and b) making sure the second wave of good games follows closely.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
I`m not sure if many people is gonna buy plastation 3 for $600 bucks, it`s so expensive, people will just wait until the price gets low (sony is nuts with the price).

otherwise, the wii is gonna be like $250 bucks, which I think it`s gonna have a pretty fine selling.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Zink said:
I ahve one for a digital camera, and it's pretty small. I hope they buff it up a bit cause it's very easy to bend and break it.
They won't change them because the whole point of using SD cards is that they're compatible with other things, such as computers. That way you can throw your games saves and such onto your computer to save room on your card.

LiMe ¤ FuRy

Smash Journeyman
Cashed said:
They won't change them because the whole point of using SD cards is that they're compatible with other things, such as computers. That way you can throw your games saves and such onto your computer to save room on your card.
Makes sense...

Zink

Smash Champion
Wow, I wish CF's Falcon Punch was really that strong.
I think we're gonna get stuff like USB headsets and keyboards supported.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The inside of the Wiimote and the NEW sensor bar!

I'm sensing this is still a prototype, I'm betting the real one won't be havng chipboards visable when taking off the battery cover.

Seems to have shrunk since last we saw it.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Nintendo has too much history building durable systems. I'm sure the final version will be able to stand up to a fair amount of abuse.

Zink

Smash Champion
I remember this video someone put up where they tried to break all the consoles. They were dropping weights on them and smacking them with huge hammers and everything.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I have the video. I'd upload it to YouTube, but chances are that it's already there. Somebody posted it a while back, probably in this same thread.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It was from G4. The PS2 was the first out, the GameCube and Xbox survived the weight being dropped on them and being hit with hammers. The Xbox was disqualified because the power button shot off or something when it was dropped from 15 feet or whatever it was. The GameCube's lid and everything was messed up, but it still worked.

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Zink said:
I remember this video someone put up where they tried to break all the consoles. They were dropping weights on them and smacking them with huge hammers and everything.
There are 2 different videos. (I think the Gamecube wins in both of them)
If anybody wants them, here they are:

They're speaking a different language in this one, but it's pretty clear what's going on.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sVRJtqPRZhQ&search=Console Damage test

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y46f76Bpneo&search=Console Damage test

Top Bottom