• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Destiny Smasher said:
But the core gamers and the internet are not where the money is.
That isn't really true. Appealing to the casual market will not make Nintendo MORE successful than Sony or Microsoft, which are more popular with the core gamers. It simply allows them to come closer to being AS successful.

kaid

Smash Master
Depends how sucessful they are at drawing in NONgamers, Craft. Hardcore gamers are actually pretty rare- just try finding a good Smash opponent in a town of 300 people.

However, if a tenth the people who bought iPods got the Wii, Microsoft and Sony will be left in the dust.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Core gamers are NOT where all the money is the gaming industry.
They're simply not.
There are WAY more people who buy games that don't plahy them that often than ones who are really into them.
Why do you think the DS is selling so well is Japan?
Because they've got EVERYONE playing it, not just cre gamers.
Core gamers are a rather small bunch.

You can sell $100 worth of merchandise to 100 people,but if you sell $50 worth to 500 people, you're doing a bit better off, no?

Anyway, here's a thought: what if at E3 Nintendo changes the name back?
I'm not expecting it to happen, but imagine if they did--they would've gotten all this hype for free, as well as an extra batch of hype at E3.
I doubt it, but it would be really amusing.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
kaid said:
However, if a tenth the people who bought iPods got the Wii, Microsoft and Sony will be left in the dust.
As of January the iPod had total sales of 42 million. You're saying if one tenth of 42 million people bought the Wii, Microsoft and Sony would be left in the dust?

DS said:
Anyway, here's a thought: what if at E3 Nintendo changes the name back?
They won't. No point in even bringing it up.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
of course there's a point--it would be REALLY funny.

Do I think it'll happen?
Of course not.

But, you gotta admit, Nintendo has done a lot of OTHER unexpected things, no?

Anyway, I find thid amusing.
I just told one of my friends about it. She hardly eveer plays games, but when I told her name and showed her the logo, she said, "Wow, that's really cool and different! People need to be more open-minded. I like it." And when she saw the logo, she said, "Oh, hey the 'i''s look like little people! I get it!"

Just an interesting muse there.

--

http://www.snarkhunting.com/2006/04/nintendo-wii-brilliant/#comments

According to this, Wii isn't actually trademarked by Nintendo.
Is that true?
Who knows.
And yes, the Wii logo does have TM next to it, but does that actually mean they own it?
No idea.
But definitely interesting, if anything.

Nintendo claims that they have filed a trademark, and it simply hasn';t shown up yet.
But you have to wonder...

If they had been planning on this name, why wouldn't it already have been trademarked?
And why is nintendowii.co.uk not an official news site, when nintendo.co.uk IS?

Anyway, I'm not getting my hopes up, but it certainly is suspicious.

Also, when you type in 'Nintendo Wii' on Google, not a single substantial thing relating to it comes up.
Why wouldn't Nintendo at least have the Wii site up there?
Odd.

But Nintendo IS Nintendo.
One thing I know for sure with them these days: you never know what to expect.
And I actually appreciate that.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Destiny Smasher said:
And casual gamers are often flooded by the confusion of different consoles, and Nintendo using such a different name will ensure that this doesn't happen, for one thing.
No... There are three consules coming out... Three. Noone is getting flooded, and the Wii is definately make it stand out. But not in the good way. "Hmm... should I buy a Playstaion 3, a Xbox 360. Or should I go buy myself a Wii?" New gamers will avoid buying the Wii to prevent loss of social status. Everyone who buys this system will become a social outcast. I already am so I dont care.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, because you're an expert on social phenomena that span the entire world. I understand you've done intense and lengthy research on the shallowness of all people that are you.

Zink

Smash Champion
Oooh, cold.
Mcfox has a point. You can't make such big negative generalizations like that without actual proof.
Mcfox, I repeat, what happened to your 9?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I think it's ridiculous how people are trying to justify this by saying, "Nintendo is trying to appeal to the NON-gamers with this! That's where the money's at!"

Seriously. Go find a person. Any person. Tell them that you heard about a new videogame system that is coming out called "The Wee". Nintendo, after all, has made it very clear that the system will not be marketed with that brand name. It is not the "Nintendo Wii". It's... "The Wii".

So don't mention Nintendo, and see how they react.

Probably something along the lines of... "That's a stupid sounding name", and that's on the nice side of the spectrum.

This name WILL NOT appeal to casual or non-gamers. I've been testing this around my dorm. . Everyone else thinks it's just as stupid as the rest of us, and they DON'T have the insider knowledge of the system that we do to make them want to buy one anyway.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
All of my friends think that it is an incredibly lame name, and all of my friends are casual gamers. They owned Gamecubes, were having second thoughts on buying revolution because of how much they didn't like Gamecube, and now I seriously doubt most of them will be buying it. Yes, their shallow. Guess what, most people are.

And I absolutly hate the name. I will still buy it, but I hate the name.

beckhamisaqueer

Smash Cadet
Mcfox... I'll have to agree commonyoshi here. I'm in high school, and I've experienced first-hand how crazy people are about social status. Why do you think the Ipod is selling so much? Sure lots of people like music and portability, but the Ipod has become a trademark of cool. People want what's hot. I just don't see the "Wii" as a marketable name. The jokes may be lame, but people will say them, and you'd be surprised how many will be deterred from buying a Wii because of the lameness(word?) of its name.

Nintendo has to get rid of its kiddy image, which prevents many sales. Now it has the "Wii," to get rid of too. Nintendo isn't cool. Lots of potential sales are lost in the coolness factor. This is where Nintendo has got blown out of the water the last few wars. Not in games, or power, but because of lost sales in image. I will still buy a Wii if it is a good system, but I'm not going to go bragging about my "Wii." And word of mouth is quite an effective advertisement.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I don't know anyone who was planning on buying the Revolution who is now not, knowing it will be the Wii.

If there is such a person, they are an idiot, and Nintendo doesn't need to incur the cost of selling them a console.

I personally like the new name, but that doesn't matter, since they've incited free word-of-mouth advertising for their console.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Yeah, sorry McFox, but commonyoshi has a pretty good point. Sure, he's not an expert on society (whatever that may be called), but you don't need to be a doctor to know that cancer can kill you. "Wii" isn't really that much of a cool sounding name. It's abit of an exagerration that one will become a social outcast by owning it, but one won't be seen as too much of a cool kid in the playground, either. When a group of jocks (casual gamers, also the peak of social status in high school) are discussing what kind of console they're going to buy, I don't imagine any of them saying "I'm getting a Wii".

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Of course Nintendo fanboys will still pick up their Wii - People who were already planning on buying a "Revolution" won't be swayed. What about all those thousands of potential sales pending on word of mouth? The word of mouth they'll be getting is "Wiiiiii!!!!111one". I think the name will be a failure. Revolution was infinitely better, more powerful, etc. Just because you can form a crappy add campaign saying "Wii will blah blah" doesn't mean it's a good name.

PS: ii looks nothing like a controller. They should have called it the "Wll".

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If it pleases the court, I'd like to cite precedence.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

"OMG IT LOOKS SO GAY"

"No one is going to buy that, they want realistic Zelda."

"No self-respecting person would ever pay to play that crap."

"Etc."

"Etc."

"Etc."

If you will, think back to E3 whatever year it was that Wind Waker was revealed. Think back to how crappy EVERYONE thought the game would be. Think about everything you read on the internet about how no one above 12 would buy it, how everyone would hate it, Nintendo was making a big mistake, this would be the first Zelda to suck. I know you remember it.

Wind Waker, according to Nintendo themselves, was their biggest preorder success EVER in the history of the company. Wind Waker is the fourth best-selling title for the Gamecube, with over 4 MILLION sold to date [source].

Thank you.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
McFox said:
If it pleases the court, I'd like to cite precedence.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

"OMG IT LOOKS SO GAY"

"No one is going to buy that, they want realistic Zelda."

"No self-respecting person would ever pay to play that crap."

"Etc."

"Etc."

"Etc."

If you will, think back to E3 whatever year it was that Wind Waker was revealed. Think back to how crappy EVERYONE thought the game would be. Think about everything you read on the internet about how no one above 12 would buy it, how everyone would hate it, Nintendo was making a big mistake, this would be the first Zelda to suck. I know you remember it.

Wind Waker, according to Nintendo themselves, was their biggest preorder success EVER in the history of the company. Wind Waker is the fourth best-selling title for the Gamecube, with over 4 MILLION sold to date [source].

Thank you.
Consoles dont equal games. The people that bought Windwaker already owned a Gamecube.

Graphics also dont equal names. No one knows anything about Wind Waker from its name. If it was called "The Legend of Zelda: Cartoon Graphic quest", then this would be kindof similar.

Nintendo has a bad name already, and calling a system "Wii" over Revolution is a terrible choice. I don't remember any of my friends saying they wont be buying Wind Waker because of the graphics.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I heard a ton of people saying they wouldn't be buying Wind Waker because it looked dumb. Yes, there are minor differences, but the basic concept is the same. The hardcore gamers are practically rioting for ruining the game/name, and the general populace has yet to hear about it.

However, in this case, there's the chance that the general populace will buy the system.

Hell, by November, most people won't know that the system was called "Revolution" for a while.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Yes, but WW was a game. This is a consule. Not to mention a consule with a pretty bad rep right now. Most people think Nintendo is in the market for little kids. The WW was able to overcome the whole kiddy thing because of the Zelda's reputation of being great. Right now at my school and other places I go, most people sneer when they find out I only own a Gamecube. Nintendo just doesn't have the respect it used to have. It has nothing to fall back on this time. (Im talking about shallow gamers of course. REAL gamers wont care that much about a name.)

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
McFox said:
I heard a ton of people saying they wouldn't be buying Wind Waker because it looked dumb. Yes, there are minor differences, but the basic concept is the same. The hardcore gamers are practically rioting for ruining the game/name, and the general populace has yet to hear about it.

However, in this case, there's the chance that the general populace will buy the system.

Hell, by November, most people won't know that the system was called "Revolution" for a while.
As the others have said, you're comparing a single game to a console, but there's no real comparison to make.

And for the record, I don't know anyone who said they wouldn't buy it [Wind Waker] because of the graphics.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Nintendo has to get rid of its kiddy image, which prevents many sales. Now it has the "Wii," to get rid of too. Nintendo isn't cool. Lots of potential sales are lost in the coolness factor. This is where Nintendo has got blown out of the water the last few wars. Not in games, or power, but because of lost sales in image. I will still buy a Wii if it is a good system, but I'm not going to go bragging about my "Wii." And word of mouth is quite an effective advertisement."

Immature people are interested in what's 'cool.'
Mature people are interested in what products will give them what they WANT.
In that respect, Nintendo's new console and new ideas are much more mature than Microsoft and PS3, who aren't taking any risks at all.
That's immaturity--"I don't wanna grow up, I don't wanna change! I wanna be the cool hip PlayStation forever!"

Anyway, I don't know if the Wii really IS a bit of a Punk'd thing or not, but who the HECK buys a console for 'cool-ness?'
KIDS. Being 'cool' is what appeals to immature people.

Who's going to buy a console based on how well it does what it's supposed to do?
Real consumers.

iPods sell well with older people because it's a friggin' good product, not because it's 'cool.'
Being 'cool' is all about caring about what other;s think, and part of growing up is not being preoccpied with what others think and what YOU think.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I guess I don't have that much to add. If Nintendo still had respect from the majority of gamers, the name would not matter. But Gamecube has a bad enough rep as it is amongst the general populace. The name of the system is very important for Nintendo because Nintendo, like others have mentioned, does not have much to fall back on.

If there is such a person, they are an idiot, and Nintendo doesn't need to incur the cost of selling them a console.
Sorry, but Nintendo DOES need to sell consoles. The name of a CONSOLE (games can have weird names, but a console should be solid) needs to be marketable.

Nintendo is the ONLY company that needs to focus on the name to market their product. Why not Sony or Microsoft? Because the PS2 or PS3 or XBox 360, though they just have added numbers, sell. More gamers play and trust Microsoft and Sony (I prefer Nintendo, but I'm in the minority). Sony and Microsoft do not have marketing OR financial problems. Nintendo does, and they need to squeeze money out of every potential customer they can.

Therefore, naming it "Wii" (which is an utterly ridiculous name) just lost them a lot of potential customers. Maybe not the die-hard Nintendo fans, but the ones on the borderline. The "Nintendo Revolution might be good, I guess I might consider getting it" gamers.

For me, the name is a turn-off. Since I'm going to be very busy and probably not playing many games next year anyway, I was going to see what the Revolution was like after it came out. I might've considered buying one. The "Wii" has only made it harder for them to convince me. As a gamer, I might not have that much of a problem with the name if it came with good games.
But what about casual-gaming or rarely-gaming friends? Word of mouth is a strong advertiser (like others mentioned), but if I ever owned a "Wii", I sure as hell wouldn't advertise it unless it turns out to be the God of all systems. Honestly. "Hey guys, I got a Nintendo Wii." That'll fly with good friends or gaming friends, but not with the majority of people.

It was incredibly stupid of Nintendo to do such a thing. Doesn't matter if it's shallow or not to make a decision based on a name. This is not an ideal world. Furthermore, Nintendo is already losing the console wars and respect of gamers. Maybe in a perfect world, it wouldn't matter. But Nintendo lost a lot of money by renaming the Revolution. Revolution was strong. It commanded attention. "Wii" is what goes down the toilet, just like Nintendo's sales will if they don't step things up.

krillin1986

Smash Champion
You people just all need to have faith in Nintendo... I think the name is lame in some ways, but, in some ways it's kind of cool... it's cool how it sounds like "we", and they write "Wii can download old games" but it sounds like "We can download old games".. I think they named it Wii because, with you and the system, you can think to yourself "Wii (we) can do anything I want it to do!"... I dunno, I am just rambling on .. Anywho, just because the name of the system is no longer the REVOLUTION doesn't mean that

A. People will stop calling it the Revolution.
B. The quality of Nintendo products is going to change.
C. I am not going to get it!

Sure, like you've people said, some other non hardcore Nintendo fans will be turned off by the name, but, maybe some non gamers will want to try something new, and since it's called "The Wii" and not "Nintendo Wii" maybe they won't realize it's from Nintendo, and perhaps that perhaps has the concept of Nintendo being kiddy, and wouldn't ever really buy a Nintendo console, but since they wanted something besides Sony or Microsoft, they'd buy it... once again, rambling... I g2g lol...

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
ugh, i personally cant stand that sort of play on words. i hope the ads wont replace everything with wii or i will want to break things. i've moved on from disliking it to a solid state of indifference. it is marketable as long as the ads focus on some form of humour, what is special about it and ''i'm not gamecube''. i dont know about america but the ds has been marketed very well here in uk - better than all the other nintendo consoles put together. hopefully the PR wont decide to fail once again.

btw my initial reaction was:

hahaahah that's so funny.

*looks at website name*

...oh **** this is real.

D:

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
krillin: I'm sorry, but "you just need to have faith in Nintendo" is such a played-out line. I do "have faith" that Nintendo is going to release good games; the DS taught me that. But honestly, you can't confuse the games with the name.

GoldShadow got it exactly right: "Wii" will turn off a lot of people. Your A is wrong because most people don't and never will know that the Wii was once the Revolution. There are people who will not buy the console because of the name, and most of them are the people who never got a Gamecube.

The system and the games won't be bad just because the name is. But you need to lose that "Nintendo is infallible, I only hope that one day I can learn to understand its wisdom" attitude because this is such a bad marketing decision I'm honestly questioning Nintendo's competency as a company.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Destiny Smasher said:
Microsoft and PS3, who aren't taking any risks at all.
That's immaturity--"I don't wanna grow up, I don't wanna change! I wanna be the cool hip PlayStation forever!"

Anyway, I don't know if the Wii really IS a bit of a Punk'd thing or not, but who the HECK buys a console for 'cool-ness?'
KIDS. Being 'cool' is what appeals to immature people.
Unfortunately, most people in this world are immature.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Wii a fake?

Reason being- The name Wii is not trademarked. That's right. Not even now, the name Wii is not trademarked by ANY company. One of us could trademark Wii right now and nintendo would have to pay us for usuage, or forgo the name altogether.

source: dsrevolution.com

thoughts?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Brought up by DS, not much to say on it.
Destiny Smasher said:
http://www.snarkhunting.com/2006/04/nintendo-wii-brilliant/#comments

According to this, Wii isn't actually trademarked by Nintendo.
Is that true?
Who knows.
And yes, the Wii logo does have TM next to it, but does that actually mean they own it?
No idea.
But definitely interesting, if anything.

Nintendo claims that they have filed a trademark, and it simply hasn';t shown up yet.

BILLY AGE 8

Smash Cadet
The Wii Is Going To Be Nintendos Biggest Failure

alright here are my thoughts on the "wii"

It sounded much better with "revolutions" as the feakin name,

when i heard the name was wii, i just felt disapointed, i mean nintendo's downfall was the freakin 64, which is when they decided to be a childs video game system, then gamecube came out and i was hoping for more, and yes it was 100 times better than the 64, but yet again, they decided to come out with all this childish crap, they had a select few games that i was way into, one being zelda, no matter how childish it gets, it will always have a spot in my video gaming heart. But when i hear "wii", thats just completely stupid, not only sounding , but it makes it sound even more childish than ever.

second, when i saw the freakin remote things, my expectations for the system fell down to zero. everyone says, hey its cool, WHATS SO COOL ABOUT A D-PAD AND FOUR BUTTONS (not including the traditional start and select that never do anything important). and very inconveinently placed i might say. They may be trying to go back to a more old school look, but you really cant do that these days, games are more complicated than, jumping and shooting, you have to have a large selection to choose from. And the whole remote thing, doesnt that look like it would get uncomfortable, both your hands like 2 inches from each other. Then some people told me that i could flip it sidways, but wouldnt that cover up the sensor, causing it to be useless. Then i was also told that with a sword fighting type game, you could move the remote in a slashing manner to make the character slash his own sword, sorry but i think that is the worst idea ever, the whole sensor thing like that worked for duck hunt and thats it. I mean its not one of those cheesy plug and play games (in which CHILDREN like). Then if you dont like the d-pad, you can BUY a freakin analog stick attachment. yet another necessary thing nintendo wants you to have to pay for. yeah in all i hate the design of the paddle.

later i was told that they would be coming out with a regular controller, which sort of made me happy cause i would extremely hate playing a zelda game with that thing. but i have never seen any pictures or official notices that they are coming out with another controller design, and if they havent, its going to be like the xbox over again. They first came out with these freakin huge completely inconvenient controllers, but later realized that they were too big, and made a smaller size which i liked 10 times better. so nintendo will release these crappy controllers and people will realize what a crappy idea it was and nintendo will lose in that area, making them realize that they need to pull their heads out of their butts and look around, the customer wants what works well, not what "looks cool".

also nintendo used to be my favorite video game company, but again with the crappy childish titles, and even the crappy not childish titles. They are going to have to try harder if they want to keep it going. Seriously, when it was in the 64 stage, playstation went ahead of nintendo because it actually targeted an audiance above the age of 8, lets think, what sells better, 8- games, or 8+ games? Thats why resident evil games are of the most popular of theirs, because they actually did something right there. yeah, every system comes out with E rated games but which comes out with the most? and after the 64 stage nintendo lost a lot of ground during its gamecube phase. it started with the ps2 as the favored system, but a lot of playstation fans converted over to the xbox, not because of the quantity (because by far, playstation has the largest number of titles), but because of the quality, Xbox came out with much better games, i must say i am an xbox fan. And yes the 360 has had its glitches, but thats because they are barely out, didnt the ps2 have problems too, same with the regular xbox. But releasing it early was a bit of a smart thing to do, cause the ps3 is going to have glitches, probably just as bad, and 360 will have worked out a lot of the crap while the other systems are trying to figure out how to fix their own. Also the whole being able to sync with a computer will be a big upside for xbox, because that brings in the computer gamers. Much larger audience, bringing much larger popularity. ....well i got a little off subject there so i will redirect my ramblings....

well all in all, i dont have high expectations for wii. i will probably get one for SSB3 (if they come out with one) also if they come out with any more Zelda games (more than likley because nintendo doesnt seem to have the power to make a new character that seems to hit it off as big, so they will).

But i dont expect nintendo to last too long after this system, or past it, because, Just like Sega, they will stop being as creative and stick to making sequels that get crappier and crappier, until thats all they have and they get bought out.

that is all for now, and i look forward to your response on my thoughts, because for one, i like arguing, dont get me wrong i will respect your opinion, i just like to spread mine too.

signed BILLY AGE 8

F8X

Smash Ace
hows about
Wii?...because Wii can
Wii could not think of a good name
Wii don't care
Wii will free you
or My personal favorite

lol

o and Revolutions I 100% agree with you as I am also holdong my doughts about Nintendos status as a Company. If I was buying stock I would buy Microsoft and not Panosonic. This will be a huge deturrent that most people do not realise. The name is EVERYTHING when it comes to marketing. Thrid Party companys will be turned away by this because the adverge person will look at it and say WTF.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
if your an xbox fan why are you on a NINTENDO forum, The nintendo 64 is not where they started to slow down that was an excellent console with classic games such as Super Mario 64, Super Smash Brothers, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time and Donkey Kong 64 but no let's not focus on it's ups which are many lets focus on it's downsides oh yeah it had catridges that means it's a kiddy console.

The Gamecube era nintendo did kinda screw up but they also had a couple of diamonds in the rough with super smash brothers melee, Fire Emblem: Path of radiance and Starfox adventures, but no we have to focus on the negatives again ok Eiji Aounima (or however you spell it) made a terrible desicion with the cell shaded and games like Super Mario Sunshine, Chibi-Robo and Donkey Konga didn't exactly help the system this was Nintendo's worst console to date but it was still good.

The Nintendo Wii does have a crappy name yes, but you have to look further the controllers are innovative and if you don't like them then just use the gamecube wavebird shell thing stop whining. This system also has excellent games theres Super Smash Brothers online, Metroid Prime 3 and more the list just keeps on going this system will hopefully fix up the gamecube mistake (not the system the games) and will redeem Nintendo's good reputation.

I have a little song quote for you that applies with Nintendo you have to acsentuate the positives and eliminate the negatives latch on to the affirmatives and don't mess with mr inbetween no don't mess with mr inbetween! I don't know what the song is called I heard it on an add but you get the point.

BILLY AGE 8

Smash Cadet
i would like to clear things up a bit, i am on here cause i am a nintendo fan too, just i like xbox more. plus nintendo 64 sucked big time, mario 64 is an ok game, same with smash bros and of course zelda, but when you say donkey kong, i have to laugh, i am serious, i didnt like that game too much. the 64 had some good parts i didnt say it was completely worthless, i own one. i was just pointing out that is where they started to fall. and the same to gamecube i wouldnt be on this site if i wasnt a fan of Smash Bros, so i obviously love that game. but i pretty much agree with your look on the game cube.

But with the whole using the "gamecube wavebird shell", this is a new concept to me and i did say, that i was happy to "hear" that they are releasing a traditional style controller. i wasnt whining i was just merely pointing out the problems i will find with the remote (because thats what it is to me). and to add, i dont like metroid as a first person shooter, for one the whole locking on thing, yea i find that to be a bit of an annoyance, because it takes no skill. I would much have rather had it use the c-analog for aiming and strafing, such as like halo, but even then, halo has had its problems with there being no skill because it is a still aimer in which if it would realistically shake it would make the gameplay much harder and you would need more skill. but one game i am totally looking forward to is Zelda: The Twilight Princess, for one, the graphics dont suck (like windwaker, it was a great game, but i hated what they had done to it), it is going to be one of those "diamonds" as you called it. and yes i hope they do fix their mistake, by the way thanks for your opinion it always makes me happy to have a little conflict.

and F8X, i am not sure if i totally got that right, but i think you are saying that nintendo is still big because of its name, and if that is what you are saying, i totally agree, nintendo is what comes to most peoples minds when they think videogames. and they wont go away too easily because of their past successes and the hype their name has

Zink

Smash Champion
OK, first, alomost everyone who has heard about the remote disliked it at first but now love it and think it's the best thing since buttered bread. Second Metroid isn't a FPS, it's an adventure game.

BILLY AGE 8

Smash Cadet
ok, here we go, people that hated it at first, might have changed their minds for a couple reasons,

they ended up liking the model,

or, they just didnt like being the only one around hating the idea, i stick to my opinion, that its the worst thing since, uhhh, metroid became a FPS. and yes i consider it an FPS, i mean, you are looking from samus's point of view, hence the FIRST PERSON part of it, and then you shoot, which brings in the SHOOTER part of it. So why is it not, a FPS. yes you may be having an adventure through it all, but isnt that called a storyline with a plot, and last time i checked, most FPS's have those, and can be considered an adventure game.

rounder_nk

Smash Ace
Zink said:
OK, first, alomost everyone who has heard about the remote disliked it at first but now love it and think it's the best thing since buttered bread. Second Metroid isn't a FPS, it's an adventure game.
you can't just go around making blanket statements about these things without backing your claim. The "innovative" revMote might be handy for certain games such as FPS' and Zelda etc. However most people on these forums are reacting to it's SSB implications. Most people are used to the classically shaped controller and are too acclimated that they can't concieve of how they might deal with this new remote. The only redeeming idea is that there might be a gc shell.

Top Bottom