• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't think that's entirely their fault. The reason why their non-Sonic games don't sell well is people most people don't give a flying **** (or are even aware of) SEGA's franchises outside of Sonic. I mean, when was the last time you head a ton of people asking for a new Panzer Dragoon? Or Shining Force? Or Burning Rangers?

It also doesn't help that SEGA refuses to advertise these games. The last time I saw a non-Sonic SEGA game being somewhat advertised was Yakuza 3.
They're still making Shining games though. They just never make it out here.

It makes me sad. Sega is sitting on a gold mine of franchises. Their latest best one in-house was probably Valkyria Chronicles (which got sent to PSP and became all anime and the 3rd one never localized). Yakuza 5 has no localization announcements. Yakuza 1+2 was revealed on the Japanese Nintendo Direct but not on the US. Bayonetta was cancelled by Sega until Nintendo helped revive it, so I'm thankful for that.

At least Sega's still doing something with PSO and supporting the VF community with the most recent tourney in SoCal. Would love to see a lot of their franchises to return though.

But yeah, it is because of their financial situation. Right now Sonic and Miku games are their big money-makers.

finalark

SNORLAX
They're still making Shining games though. They just never make it out here.
I'm aware, and honestly I like the dungeon crawler and TBS titles over the hack and slash Shinings. Which sadly seems to be the only thing SEGA wants to do with the franchise at this point.

It makes me sad. Sega is sitting on a gold mine of franchises. Their latest best one in-house was probably Valkyria Chronicles (which got sent to PSP and became all anime and the 3rd one never localized). Yakuza 5 has no localization announcements. Yakuza 1+2 was revealed on the Japanese Nintendo Direct but not on the US. Bayonetta was cancelled by Sega until Nintendo helped revive it, so I'm thankful for that.
IMO Yakuza and VC are two of the most underrated games on the PS3. I feel like more people would actually play them if SEGA advertised them better.

At least Sega's still doing something with PSO and supporting the VF community with the most recent tourney in SoCal. Would love to see a lot of their franchises to return though.
I'm worried that PSO2 will never see the light of day in the west, despite the fact that a significant portion of its playerbase is western. But it wouldn't be the first time SEGA made a stupid choice.

But yeah, it is because of their financial situation. Right now Sonic and Miku games are their big money-makers.
Given how their financial situation has always been pretty poor post-Saturn, I doubt we'll ever see them really give attention to their other franchises.

Unless by some miracle they manage to suddenly get a ton of money out of nowhere.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So apparently the next Nintendo Direct is supposed to have some info for smash 4. Can't remember where I read this (pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere at kotaku,) but I hope it is true.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So apparently the next Nintendo Direct is supposed to have some info for smash 4. Can't remember where I read this (pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere at kotaku,) but I hope it is true.
Yup. It was from a tweet from Nintendo. They confirmed they'll be talking about a new 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash 4 iirc at the very least.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Groovy. Wonder if Sakurai will be part of the presentation to talk about smash then.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I know some people will be mad at more Mario, but that sounds great.

I really want to see what Nintendo is planing on after Galaxy 1 & 2.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Groovy. Wonder if Sakurai will be part of the presentation to talk about smash then.
Makes me curious if they'll do Smash Directs or do Dojo updates for Smash 4 eventually. Or maybe do a mix of both.
I know some people will be mad at more Mario, but that sounds great.

I really want to see what Nintendo is planing on after Galaxy 1 & 2.
I'm excited for it personally, especially for 3D Mario. I just recently bought Super Mario 3D Land and I've been having a blast with it.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yup. It was from a tweet from Nintendo. They confirmed they'll be talking about a new 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash 4 iirc at the very least.
From what I've been reading about Wii U sales, this is exactly what they're going to need to pull themselves out of the gutter. 3D Mario should be fine, they usually are. Hopefully Smash is big. I just hope they get the online play correct. If they nail online play in the upcoming Mario Kart, it should soar too. Wikipedia (grain of salt) says MKW is second best selling wii game, and I can see why. Heck, Smash 4 and the next MK will most likely be the reasons I get a Wii U. Ninty just needs to get their online play right in their competitive games.

I saw some SMG2 talk a bit back. I can see it being called an expansion pack of the first one, but even so, it was totally worth it. I had a blast with it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Nintendo needs a better advertising and marketing campaign to help boost sales. People are still confused about what a wii u is exactly.

XBox and PS4 aren't going to have much to show games wise for that first year or so either. Nintendo is just going to take a bit longer to get that 3rd party support going, which is rather important for Nintendo this generation. The good news is that Nintendo is having good times with 3DS, which will certainly help them out.

Nintendo's partnership with SEGA is something to look at too. No doubt Nintendo will be getting some decent exclusives going. Exclusives help sales. Especially the good ones.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm not a fanboy for any console, but honestly some of you guys lol. Nintendo fans are super passive aggressive it's annoying.
They're blind to a lot of features Nintendo has been trailing behind in.

Hope you're not saying I'm passive aggressive, because I'm really not. I'm not a fanboy of either console either, but I do have a preference like everyone else. I'm looking forward to getting a PS4 for the games that will inevitably not come over to Wii U as well as for my Ratchet, LBP and the JRPGs among other things (I really want Dark Cloud 3 to become a reality).

It's just I'll be waiting 2 years for a good price and bundle on the console considering I have a handful of games I will be checking out on Wii U and 3DS.

I can't wait for Console Wars 2013 this fall on Neogaf. There will most likely be more salt than Xbox1 and PS4s to go around lol

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm hoping they finally decide to show us what kind of game FE x SMT is.

I still have no idea what they could do with this crossover.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This is possibly the saddest (and funniest) irony I've seen in my entire life. It's safe to say that there won't be a system after Xbone One.
TBH im not sure there will be a 9th gen of consoles. The 8th gen (Xbo/ps4/wiiu) consoles are getting so close to that of PCs in terms of graphics and media functions that the line between the two may disappear by the time 9th gen happens 6-7 years from now. Well, more so when it comes to sony/microsoft. Nintendo is still trying to be a game consoles FIRST and media console 2nd.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Soraya Saga retweeting NoJ's tweet about the E3 Nintendo Direct. Hope that's a sign that we'll be seeing more footage of X.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yeah i hope so too. XenoBlade 2 (or whatever the name will be) looks soooo good from the vids ive seen.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sonic fans will probably be feeling Sonic Xtreme vibes out of this, haha. At least I did. At least this one looks better (and won't be canceled).

finalark

SNORLAX
Sonic fans will probably be feeling Sonic Xtreme vibes out of this, haha. At least I did. At least this one looks better (and won't be canceled).

Took the words right out of my mouth. The game seems to share the same sort of level design that Xtreme would have had.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
From 4-8 PM June 12, and from 1-5 PM on June 15, Nintendo will be at 89 Best Buy locations for some Wii U action. (The list is available for all to see. I cannot link it, because I am using my phone right now.)

The list of the 11 Canadian Best Buys that they will visit has not been released yet.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just keep in mind that some on that list aren't officially on the BB site, and I couldn't find the source on it. There maybe perhaps some locations that were confirmed through tweets since I recall hearing one of them were.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ No love for Detroit and Southfield? =/

☯ At least it's a 50 min drive for me... can't go there every day though.

Top Bottom