• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

finalark

SNORLAX
I haven't played Xenoblade chronicles, but I hear it's the only good game out of the three Rainfall games. Hell, I've even seen The Last Story show up on a few "most disappointing games" lists.

I guess in the end Operation Rainfall was a bigger deal than the games they were getting localized.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Xenoblade is pretty much known as the best of the three. It's one of those that a lot of people enjoy, and from what I've seen, more enjoyable if it's your first time playing a Xeno game. Last Story is pretty much an ok game. I think people hype Sakaguchi that they set too unreal expectations out of it, even though it was still a decent RPG. Pandora's Tower is basically hit or miss, I hear. It's a love or hate thing depending on your tastes.

I do find it unfortunate that Xenoblade basically made everyone think the other games suck though, and Xenoblade also does have some weaknesses that people overlook.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I was fortunate in that I immensely enjoyed all three of them. Probably Xenoblade the most, then The Last Story, then Tower.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Anyone hyped to play E3 Games at Best Buy next month? Never thought they would do this. Would have been nicer to enjoy them at home without people around... You know... Download the demos through the eShop...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I can understand though, they only want them played for a certain amount of time and for people that don't have a Wii U to experience them.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wonderful 101's US release date to be on September 15th. I really wish Nintendo would've released this earlier, and they could've chosen a better date than the same week of GTA5, imo.
I can understand though, they only want them played for a certain amount of time and for people that don't have a Wii U to experience them.
I think it's more like generating the same hype that Nintendo used to get at N64 kiosks. Plus barely anyone has a Wii U anyways, so eshop demos isn't going to help expand the userbase.

I'd be excited for it if Nintendo didn't say it'll be at 100 Best Buy locations. If it's two at each state, that's a pretty slim chance for having a nearby one.

Edit: W101 cover art looks amazing

finalark

SNORLAX
I think it's more like generating the same hype that Nintendo used to get at N64 kiosks. Plus barely anyone has a Wii U anyways, so eshop demos isn't going to help expand the userbase.

I'd be excited for it if Nintendo didn't say it'll be at 100 Best Buy locations. If it's two at each state, that's a pretty slim chance for having a nearby one.
Pretty much this. I think its a good idea to get more people interested in getting a Wii U (or at least explain to Nintendo's casual userbase what the **** a Wii U is) but since its only going to 100 Best Buys it means a limited number of people will get to play.

Chances are they'll probably stick them in every state's capital. And I really don't want to drive all the way up to Phoenix just to play a Wii U.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Pretty much this. I think its a good idea to get more people interested in getting a Wii U (or at least explain to Nintendo's casual userbase what the **** a Wii U is) but since its only going to 100 Best Buys it means a limited number of people will get to play.

Chances are they'll probably stick them in every state's capital. And I really don't want to drive all the way up to Phoenix just to play a Wii U.
How sad that general thought among casuals were

A) It's a tablet for the Wii

B) New games that work on the Wii

Nintendo's going to have some work to do.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I doubt they'll stick it in the capitol of my state

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like how this guy thinks we are moving into Gen 4.

Apparently consoles started with the PS1/N64.

finalark

SNORLAX
How sad that general thought among casuals were

A) It's a tablet for the Wii

B) New games that work on the Wii

Nintendo's going to have some work to do.
I remember when I used to work at Walmart I was cleaning the electronics section and I overheard a 50-something-year-old couple discussing the Wii U, and just not grasping the concept of console cycles and generations.

I like how this guy thinks we are moving into Gen 4.

Apparently consoles started with the PS1/N64.
This guy is ****ing dumb. Only Mario and Zelda make money? Did this dumb**** completely forget about how Nintendo makes more money off of Pokemon in a year than most people make in five? Or even ten?

And lol at how Nintendo should have "done a SEGA." Because god knows that SEGA's reputation has done nothing but gotten better since they went third party. Right? Right?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think there is a reason to worry. Recent history has shown that third party games never do well on Nintendo for whatever reason. Might be the fan base or some other reason. So why should a company pour its resources to a Nintendo console if sales are going to be poor? EA doesn't just make Madden, it's also responsible for games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, and other big current gen franchises. Not saying I ever agree with EA's practices, but it will be a Wii Repeat if the Wii U doesn't get any third party success...

Which leads to my second point, he was also stereotyping Nintendo fans. Just make a Mario/Zelda/First Party game on the console, and they will sell like hotcakes. They could make a game where Mario ****s all day, and people would buy it. Nintendo fans can't have it both ways. They can't complain about having no third party support if they are not going to buy the games.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Well he is right about the wiiu not being powerful enough. There's really no point in buying games for the wiiu when I can buy it for other consoles and have a better experience. Nintendo games I've bought in the past decade have been Nintendo console exclusives, so I guess I'm part of the problem

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well he is right about the wiiu not being powerful enough. There's really no point in buying games for the wiiu when I can buy it for other consoles and have a better experience. Nintendo games I've bought in the past decade have been Nintendo console exclusives, so I guess I'm part of the problem
But Reggie told me they were different games though! It's Armored Edition.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
EA's probably still butthurt that Nintendo didn't go to them for internet service.

Seriously, before that they were excited about the Wii U

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think there is a reason to worry. Recent history has shown that third party games never do well on Nintendo for whatever reason. Might be the fan base or some other reason. So why should a company pour its resources to a Nintendo console if sales are going to be poor? EA doesn't just make Madden, it's also responsible for games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, and other big current gen franchises. Not saying I ever agree with EA's practices, but it will be a Wii Repeat if the Wii U doesn't get any third party success...

Which leads to my second point, he was also stereotyping Nintendo fans. Just make a Mario/Zelda/First Party game on the console, and they will sell like hotcakes. They could make a game where Mario ****s all day, and people would buy it. Nintendo fans can't have it both ways. They can't complain about having no third party support if they are not going to buy the games.
My personal beef is that for a while now this generation of gamers and even developers look at Sony and Microsoft with their updated graphics and think that's how you're going to draw in gamers. And sadly? ...it's partially true. People don't give two ****s about how the game plays and how Nintendo continues to innovate and introduce new ways to play. Not to mention how gorgeous games already look on the Wii U.

For some games, I would obviously go to a different console for on multiplatform. Case and point, a lot of the fighters because I've personally made an investment in the fightsticks for those systems and it's where I'll find most of the people online. But outside of that? You bet I got Assassin's Creed III for the Wii U, and I'll most likely pick up Assassin's Creed IV on it as well. For support and for the kickass options of utilizing the gamepad.

Companies like EA have conditioned the masses to think narrow-mindedly that if it's not on your XBox or your PS3 for Battlefield or Dead Space or whatever it is, it's not worth your time and **** on the rest.

--

This isn't me pleading for people to like the Wii U, far from it. Like whatever you wanna like. But if anyone's reasonings for not liking it is because it doesn't look as good as PS4 or nextbox, or stupidly remarks it's not as strong as PS3 or XBox, that it's outdated and not "next-gen" (fyi better power than both of those but obviously not gonna be on par with upcoming consoles), or for some idiots that will claim that Sony is doing something revolutionary like allowing you to communicate with fellow gamers over games first (looking at you recent IGN article; Miiverse anyone?)...

Then proceed to the corner of gaming and the internet that's forgotten what it's really all about.

[EDIT]

And while I'm on the subject and while I am ranting, I might as well get this out there. Yes, Nintendo screwed up on advertising the Wii U and making it different from the Wii. But the more I think about it? The more I realize that people in GENERAL are just stupid. Or getting stupider. It's also partially the fault of the casual audience.

Who in their right mind looks at $349 for a Wii U Deluxe and thinks, "Oh wow that's way too expensive for a new add-on for my Wii."? If I was a casual gamer who didn't pay much attention to the internet, I'd be thinking to myself, "Huh. Wonder why it's so expensive. Maybe I'll go look it up or ask someone who sells these what it is." Working in retail, I don't get asked about the Wii U often, but there have been so many times I've been asked the simplest of questions that could have easily been solved by yourself by just asking Google.

More than being against Nintendo, I feel more sorry for Nintendo than anything. They get all this crap and it's from self-entitled, graphics spoiled, modern shooter playing idiots.

--

Aaaand done.

[EDIT #2]

Also, I wanted to say, to the developers of any video game out there for any console, I really am not trying to insult the integrity of your games. You put a lot of heart and soul into your games, storyline and gameplay wise. It's more the people that I'm miffed at. ...unless you're EA. You guys are silly.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nintendo was also dumb that they didn't find a good hook to lure in people. They thought NSMB was enough to catch the hardcore audience. It's fun, but it doesn't define next gen for NIntendo like a 3D Mario would. As for casual audience, they should've packaged Nintendo Land for both consoles, not just the Deluxe. Nintendo's in trouble because there are two things that are hurting them. One is the console's (currently seen) power for the hardcore. We've seen similar graphics for almost 8 years now, perhaps longer because of PC. Sure it'll get better, but they're still behind which hurts them on multiplats. The 2nd is their hook of a new gameplay style. The Wii was great because motion control wasn't really done with games at the time. Touch controls have been here since the DS and practically every family has a device to play touch styled games that are much cheaper too (casuals will go for the 5-10 dollar game instead of 40-60).

I used to be in the camp of gameplay over graphics, but I think I was too narrow-minded in what I thought of graphics, they're practically equal. It's not really about just making it prettier, but opening up more options like with RAM. Hearing stories of Skullgirls having to find workarounds in order to have multiple HD sprite characters on screen or GGPO not working for 3D games because of the system limitation makes we glad for a new gen. A touchscreen for consoles doesn't open up a ton of new options for me at the moment. And it's terrible that in order to fully integrate a game that involves touch controls, you're basically eliminating one of the main selling points of the Wii U, the Off TV Play.

Not only that, they're also behind in the online interface. No real account system is pretty annoying. I can't even use my eshop money on both 3DS and Wii U, they're hardware locked. Would've also loved to have a built-in ethernet port as well. They also could've promoted online by having it be in NSMB U as well. They also dropped the ball on VC games. Slow trickle of release and such a small library when it launched.

I bought a Wii U, but I don't see the average gamer (not casuals) to buy a 300 dollar system at the moment for what's currently out. Nintendo isn't doomed, but I think Nintendo and their fans can't expect people to buy anything right now. This could've been a smoother transition if we got Pikmin 3 and W101 as launch windows as intended. Besides mostly upgraded ports and a couple new games, Wii U won't be picking up steam until August for Pikmin, and then September has W101 and Rayman (with GTA there too for other consoles).

Either way, Nintendo has some good games to announced. I just hope they come in a scheduled manner.

finalark

SNORLAX
Sorry to say, Cloud, but this whole "**** GAME PLAY OMG GRAPHICS" thing isn't new. At all. Ever.

Have people already forgotten about how the first Genesis model advertised its 16-bit graphics on the console itself?

And I know this commercial is generally considered so-bad-its-good but notice the first thing he says about the game is "woah, nice graphics."

And to be fair to casuals, I remember when Nintendo announced the Wii U a few E3s ago on these very forms even "hardcore" gamers, myself included, initially thought that the Wii U was an add-on. I actually had to go onto IGN just to see what the actual box itself looked like.

EDIT: Actually, going back and watching that commercial I've come to realize that that commercial tells me nothing about Legend of Zelda. If I had never played that game before, and just saw that commercial all I'd know is that it has "nice graphics" and that I fight dudes from some guy named Ganon and that I help the hero win. And apparently its an "intense" experience.

ndayday

BRoomer
The last bit is really true. It was obvious then that no one realized this was a NEW console and it's obvious now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kuraduo, while I applaud you for buying the AC games on the Wii U, fact of matter is...that series is more saturated with PS3 and 360. Furthermore, third party exclusives are rare to find of good quality on Nintendo. Thirdly, there is that concern that either third party games will be severely toned down, or not exist at all when the next Sony and MS consoles come out...

"The world is much more immersive in ____. But for the Wii U, we had to shrink the game in half, eliminate some dialogue, some quests, and overall eliminate a lot of content". Random developer.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I may have to hold my breath on it, but from what I've seen the graphical leap between current gen and our next generation isn't showing to be that drastic. Although I understand that with the new consoles comes better physics and a better scope of things, content really shouldn't be altered between these versions this time. Isn't PS4 still using the same Blu-Ray discs? And hardly any of the games even used all of the space since Blu-Ray is freaking huge. So that excuse can't really be used anymore since Nintendo made the leap into their own HD discs, not to mention dual-layering.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
A Senior employee from EA came out essentially calling the Wii U garbage.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/ea-senior-engineer-the-wii-u-is-crap
Funny thing is- he never worked on a game for Wii U. Where developers that actually did tell a different story about Wii U's capabilities. This is more of an unprofessional nitwit wanting attention and going to Twitter to vent out his frustrations about the Wii U and Nintendo in general. I also love how everyone is comparing Wii U to Sega Dreamcast. In my eyes, I see Wii U more like the Sega Saturn or the Virtual Boy. People are so desperate for Nintendo to drop out of hardware to make games on their Playstation and Xbox. I don't really have a problem with that if it happened but honestly, that's like me turning around and saying "I don't want an Xbox, so Microsoft should just make games for Playstation and Wii U". A lot of people just don't want to buy a Nintendo system but wants their games. I never had the idea of not buying a Playstation because I wanted Ratchet and Clank or Little Big Planet on my Wii. I'd actually get the system those games were on.

Plus, that guy pretty much admits that 3rd Parties (or just EA) cannot compete with Nintendo. Then why do you want them potentially cannibalize your sales if they were to go 3rd party? Imagine if Nintendo made a Legend of Zelda on Playstation 4 with Battlefield 5 releasing the same month as Zelda. Of course those are different audiences, but those who enjoy both games would probably just want to buy one or prioritize Zelda over BF5 as it's the first Zelda on a Sony platform. Hell, then there's Call of Duty also. EA had to scrap several IPs because of competition and low sales. Dead Space is unfortunately at risk for being finished, Skate is gone, Medal of Honor looks like it's hitting the bucket, Dragon Age seems to be in decline... Last thing EA needs is another potential competitor.

Of course, it's only a theory. I'd be more concerned about Microsoft buying out Nintendo or some other company. I'm pretty sure the moment Nintendo announces they are going 3rd party that there'll be lots of propositions and reports of several companies wanting to buy out Nintendo. Their IPs are extremely valuable.

finalark

SNORLAX
In my eyes, I see Wii U more like the Sega Saturn or the Virtual Boy.
Comparing the Wii U to both of those consoles is pretty harsh, since both the Saturn and Virtual Boy are horrible consoles.

Plus, that guy pretty much admits that 3rd Parties (or just EA) cannot compete with Nintendo. Then why do you want them potentially cannibalize your sales if they were to go 3rd party?
Actually, the guy does kind of have a point when he says that Nintendo sucks at dealing with third parties. There's actually quite a bit of truth to that, and it has nothing to do with the sales of Nintendo's game eclipsing the sales of third party games.

EA had to scrap several IPs because of competition and low sales. Dead Space is unfortunately at risk for being finished, Skate is gone, Medal of Honor looks like it's hitting the bucket, Dragon Age seems to be in decline... Last thing EA needs is another potential competitor.
I really doubt that. EA is one of, if not the biggest companies in gaming. Hell, if they really, really wanted to they could easily launch their own console.

As for the games you mentioned, well, Dead Space pretty much shot itself in the foot IMO. Big-budget horror games have never been particularly scary, and with Dead Space 3 they've pretty much reduced it to a straightforward cover-based shooter from what I've read. And let's be honest, nobody gives a damn about Metal of Honor, and neither does EA since they've thrown it aside to make Battlefield their CoD competitor.

And when the hell has Dragon Age ever been good?

Of course, it's only a theory. I'd be more concerned about Microsoft buying out Nintendo or some other company. I'm pretty sure the moment Nintendo announces they are going 3rd party that there'll be lots of propositions and reports of several companies wanting to buy out Nintendo. Their IPs are extremely valuable.
What's with this whole "Nintendo is going to go third party" talk? I think people are forgetting that they have so much money from just the Wii and DS sales alone that Miyamoto uses dollar bills as toilet paper. Nintendo makes more money in a year than most people make in ten. They're not going anywhere just yet.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Comparing the Wii U to both of those consoles is pretty harsh, since both the Saturn and Virtual Boy are horrible consoles.

Actually, the guy does kind of have a point when he says that Nintendo sucks at dealing with third parties. There's actually quite a bit of truth to that, and it has nothing to do with the sales of Nintendo's game eclipsing the sales of third party games.

I really doubt that. EA is one of, if not the biggest companies in gaming. Hell, if they really, really wanted to they could easily launch their own console.

As for the games you mentioned, well, Dead Space pretty much shot itself in the foot IMO. Big-budget horror games have never been particularly scary, and with Dead Space 3 they've pretty much reduced it to a straightforward cover-based shooter from what I've read. And let's be honest, nobody gives a damn about Metal of Honor, and neither does EA since they've thrown it aside to make Battlefield their CoD competitor.

And when the hell has Dragon Age ever been good?

What's with this whole "Nintendo is going to go third party" talk? I think people are forgetting that they have so much money from just the Wii and DS sales alone that Miyamoto uses dollar bills as toilet paper. Nintendo makes more money in a year than most people make in ten. They're not going anywhere just yet.

Well, I'm talking in perspective of what people believe. I'm more than aware of how miserable the Saturn and Virtual boy were. People are jumping the "Wii U is Sega Dreamcast" when really, Nintendo is not even at that point. Far from it. And you're right, most 3rd parties don't do well on Nintendo platforms. But what people don't seem to point out are the fact that multiplatform games on Nintendo consoles always get shafted. Injustice on Wii U is the worst version because it has yet to receive a patch for its many issues (no Friend Matches, really?) and how there's no way to transfer content from the mobile app to the Wii U version. People aren't going to buy the version that mysteriously lack features when it's the same price as the superior versions. How about FIFA13? The Wii U (and Vita) versions were repackaged FIFA12 games. It wasn't the same version as the PS3 or 360. What kind of mess is that? Then the upcoming Batman Arkham Origins bears no mention of Deathstroke DLC being available on Wii U. I hear lots of complaints about this and people won't want to buy the Wii U version because it's missing out on the same content that the other platforms hold. There's no reason for that to happen. Ubisoft offers DLC for their games on Wii U, and several other games on the console aren't skimped out on content. And publishers want to blame Nintendo or consumers for poor sales? Sounds pretty one sided to me :/

Don't even get me started on Mass Effect 3 Special Edition and how 2 weeks prior to the launch of Wii U, EA announced the ME Trilogy for the same price as ME3 Wii U Edition.

There are too many factors and reasons why 3rd parties don't do well on Nintendo consoles and people seem to blame it on one aspect instead of looking at the whole picture.

And the whole Nintendo going 3rd Party has been going on for quite some time. I personally don't believe they'll be jumping ship so soon, since as you have mentioned, they are swimming in money. I'm throwing my perspective and the "mainstream's" in one.

I gave a damn about Medal of Honor since it was the only War Shooter I've enjoyed. But like you said, Battlefield took its place. That's why I brought it up :(

I think I've been reading too much Neogaf. But I can't help it. It's like a good television show. I can't help but laugh at the reaction and people's radical views on Nintendo. A majority of the threads there are about Wii U and Nintendo. But lots of people keep forgetting the 3DS and how it's doing fantastic. Like I've said before, I would rather the Wii U follow the success of DS and 3DS. Nintendo's handhelds always had the better games which is why I'm more drawn to handhelds. It's also the reason why I don't care much about specs or how apparently the PS4 is a massive leap over Wii U- I just really don't care. As long as I'm enjoying the games available, for me, that's all that matters. I'm not going to stare at a brick wall in a game and glorify how much better it looks on PS4 than it does on PS3 (in reference to BF4 and several cross-generation games).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Part of what I read from your post was "3rd party developers are ****ing assholes to Nintendo and their fans." And...

Yeah they are! At least it seems that way, Ubisoft notwithstanding.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, I'm talking in perspective of what people believe. I'm more than aware of how miserable the Saturn and Virtual boy were. People are jumping the "Wii U is Sega Dreamcast" when really, Nintendo is not even at that point. Far from it. And you're right, most 3rd parties don't do well on Nintendo platforms. But what people don't seem to point out are the fact that multiplatform games on Nintendo consoles always get shafted. Injustice on Wii U is the worst version because it has yet to receive a patch for its many issues (no Friend Matches, really?) and how there's no way to transfer content from the mobile app to the Wii U version. People aren't going to buy the version that mysteriously lack features when it's the same price as the superior versions. How about FIFA13? The Wii U (and Vita) versions were repackaged FIFA12 games. It wasn't the same version as the PS3 or 360. What kind of mess is that? Then the upcoming Batman Arkham Origins bears no mention of Deathstroke DLC being available on Wii U. I hear lots of complaints about this and people won't want to buy the Wii U version because it's missing out on the same content that the other platforms hold. There's no reason for that to happen. Ubisoft offers DLC for their games on Wii U, and several other games on the console aren't skimped out on content. And publishers want to blame Nintendo or consumers for poor sales? Sounds pretty one sided to me :/
Honestly, Ubisoft and SEGA are the only companies that seem genuinely enthusiastic for the console. Hell, SEGA even signed on to make their Sonic games Wii U exclusive in addition to making Bayonetta 2 exclusive. As a SEGA fan, that's reason enough for me to pick Wii U over DRMBox 720 and the FaceStation 4.

Granted, while I will agree that publishers choosing to blow off the Wii U is a major reason why the console isn't selling well, you also have to acknowledge that the console's launch wasn't well timed. As of now, the only game I am really interested in on the Wii U is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, simply because every other game on the console that interests me I can easily get on PC or PS3. In addition, casuals have no idea what the **** it is while hardcore gamers have no desire to drop $300 on a new console when every game on it can be played on a console they already own.

There are too many factors and reasons why 3rd parties don't do well on Nintendo consoles and people seem to blame it on one aspect instead of looking at the whole picture.
True that. You can't just say "waa! Those mean ol' third parties just don't like Nintendo!" and be done with it. When you get down to it, Nintendo has a history of just being outright unpleasant to work with compared to their competitors. In the SNES/GEN era, the Genesis was alluring to third parties due to the fact that SEGA was much more relaxed with their policies, allowing more freedom with what could and couldn't be in games on their console. Meanwhile, Nintendo still had that "only kids play games thus every game needs to be kid friendly" mentality that stopped some developers from making more mature games.

Skip ahead to the N64 era, Nintendo decides to stick with expensive to produce and tricky to develop for cartridges while Sony offered cheap and easy CD-ROMs. And while the N64 may have been more powerful than the PS1, Nintendo offered no help in teaching third parties how to make use of the N64's higher power. They had a similar issue in the GCN/PS2/XBOX era when their Nintendo-only mini disks were tricker to develop for than the easy and straightforward DVDs used by Microsoft and Sony.

It just goes on and on.

I think I've been reading too much Neogaf. But I can't help it. It's like a good television show. I can't help but laugh at the reaction and people's radical views on Nintendo. A majority of the threads there are about Wii U and Nintendo. But lots of people keep forgetting the 3DS and how it's doing fantastic. Like I've said before, I would rather the Wii U follow the success of DS and 3DS. Nintendo's handhelds always had the better games which is why I'm more drawn to handhelds. It's also the reason why I don't care much about specs or how apparently the PS4 is a massive leap over Wii U- I just really don't care. As long as I'm enjoying the games available, for me, that's all that matters. I'm not going to stare at a brick wall in a game and glorify how much better it looks on PS4 than it does on PS3 (in reference to BF4 and several cross-generation games).
I wish I could say I'm in complete agreement, but to this day I still like to rub into people's faces how much more awesome the GC version of RE4 looks than the PS2 version.

That aside, I really don't know why people are calling the Wii U another Dreamcast. The difference between Nintendo and SEGA is that when the DC was released SEGA was in extreme financial trouble, most of their fanbase felt aliened by the Saturn and had already moved over to Sony and on top of that third parties refused to touch the damn thing due to poor experiences with the Saturn, 32X and SEGA CD.

Nintendo on the other hand, is drowning in money, whatever fans may have felt alienated by the Wii had the DS to keep them interested in Nintendo, and even though they've had a poor experience with third parties they've pretty much solved that via having money out the ass from their first party titles.

ndayday

BRoomer
EA is Microsoft exclusive

no need to worry now

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's because they're not going to make numerous separate threads about the 3DS doing well (which is mostly in Japan imo), it's not GameFAQs. Praises are posted within sales threads or game threads.

I'm not a fanboy for any console, but honestly some of you guys lol. Nintendo fans are super passive aggressive it's annoying.
They're blind to a lot of features Nintendo has been trailing behind in.
Honestly, Ubisoft and SEGA are the only companies that seem genuinely enthusiastic for the console. Hell, SEGA even signed on to make their Sonic games Wii U exclusive in addition to making Bayonetta 2 exclusive. As a SEGA fan, that's reason enough for me to pick Wii U over DRMBox 720 and the FaceStation 4.
Sega supporting Nintendo is nice (but I'm expecting moneyhatting involved) but they still need to get their act together. A lot of stuff they're still doing recently that isn't Sonic have been ignored or thrown under a bus.

finalark

SNORLAX
Sega supporting Nintendo is nice (but I'm expecting moneyhatting involved) but they still need to get their act together. A lot of stuff they're still doing recently that isn't Sonic have been ignored or thrown under a bus.
I don't think that's entirely their fault. The reason why their non-Sonic games don't sell well is people most people don't give a flying **** (or are even aware of) SEGA's franchises outside of Sonic. I mean, when was the last time you head a ton of people asking for a new Panzer Dragoon? Or Shining Force? Or Burning Rangers?

It also doesn't help that SEGA refuses to advertise these games. The last time I saw a non-Sonic SEGA game being somewhat advertised was Yakuza 3.

Top Bottom