• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Cooked up heaps of bacon and extra buttery toast

big old glass of milk

BRING IT ON NINTENDO, MY BODY IS REGGIE

Also those pictures are amazing :reverse:

wezai

Smash Journeyman
OK, Pikimin 3 looked so much great OMG I LOVE THAT.

The rest they showed us so far is boring. Hope the can get my hyped up again. :/

Edit: Yay, NSMB 2 for 3ds, looked golden! ;)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Mass Effect 3 on Wii U seems cool, but uh, with no ME1 and 2 there could be a problem. Pikmin 3 looks great too, I haven't played the pikmin series before but I want to pick up the first and second games now.

BSP

Smash Legend
Pikmin 3 looks hype, but not hype enough to make me get the system immediately. I'm going to wait until updates for Smash 4 at least.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Pikmin 3 looks hype, but not hype enough to make me get the system immediately. I'm going to wait until updates for Smash 4 at least.
You'll probably have to wait a while, a few months ago they didn't even start developing the game so they probably haven't done a whole lot with Smash 4 yet.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Smash will probably come out in 2-4 years from now, what with Sakurai's love for adding useless stuff. >_>

This presentation was kinda lacking. I'll buy the WiiU eventually. Maybe when there's a new Zelda or something really impressive.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
No Starfox or F-zero either, or.. anything. :c

ending with Nintendoland was pretty lackluster imo

overall pretty underwhelming

Ecks

Smash Lord
I wanted to see Monolith's new stuff, Retro's stuff, Star Fox and F Zero. Got none of the above. :/

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well both Retro and Monolith's last release came out back in 2010 so I dunno about that.

I know Retro worked on MK7 and Monolith is working on Project X Zone, but I still think they had enough time.

Nintendo's definitively hiding something here.

BSP

Smash Legend
You'll probably have to wait a while, a few months ago they didn't even start developing the game so they probably haven't done a whole lot with Smash 4 yet.
I'm fine with that. Like I said, nothing was presented that made me think I need to get the system immediately.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Nintendo had a strong start, but a weak finish. There's unfortunately nothing in the launch lineup that will make me shell out money for a new console.

Pikmin 3 looks rather nice I admit. New Super Mario Bros. U is pretty much the same several games we've been playing, but with added gameplay features and power-ups. ZombiU looks interesting, but it isn't a title that really impresses me. Mass Effect 3 is pretty pointless without the other two Mass Effects and it along with Assassins Creed III, and Arkham City are already available on other consoles. The Avengers game had nice looking visuals, but didn't really draw much interest. All the while, WiiFit U/Sing/NintendoLand, etc. are games a lot of people outside casuals won't give two flying hells about.

What the Wii U NEEDS to do is show that when the PS4 and 720 come into play, any games those two can play can also be played on the Wii U without any noticeable downgrades. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a prime example of this; great on the PS3/360 but crap on the Wii. Nintendo absolutely cannot afford for the Wii U to be seen as obsolete when the PS4/720 come out, otherwise, they could potentially meet the same fate as Sega.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Told you guys...even my expectations were not met. I thought they'd talk about some of the games I mentioned. That was pretty bad imo.

GT's Geoff: "Do you really think gamers are gonna want to spend 60 dollars to replay Arkham City"

Reggie: "Of course! It has ungiue content like a new armored costume"

Me: ....not sure if joking...or just stupid.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What do you EXPECT Reggie to say to that? >__> He is the friggin president of NOA.

Morin0

Smash Lord
"No, I don't expect people to buy Arkham Asylum for the Wii U again. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go see Mr. Miyamoto and Mr. Iwata to get fired"

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You guys really don't know marketing and PR do you? How about "At the time, I don't know what the release price will be, but I assure you people will have interest in it with all the unique content we put in."

Seriously guys, I just thought of that right on the spot. It's not hard =/. Stop being blind fanboys. It was a really poor answer with a tough question in his face.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Er that'd plant the idea of a cheap price in everyone's minds. And beyond that, what you just said is basically the same, you do realize that right?

We're not being blind fanboys, we are saying that his response is pretty typical. Don't know what your malfunction is, and do not know how that translates us to being fanboys, strange assumption.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Actually, when you say you can't comment on the price, that's saying you don't know it, thus dodging the question. It's not for 100% saying that the game will be "60 dollars." If you and others choose to see it as being less than that, then I question your reading comprehension. When you say you have no idea what the release price will be, that's not saying less than 60 dollars.

The last bit of the statement was to get people excited about what will differentiate their Arkham from others. Just blatantly saying that you expect people to rebuy the game full price, because of some additional content is a pretty bad statement in itself.

Honestly, I think it's going to be 40-50 on release.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The statement that it is worth purchasing again is to hype up the new content and the new control functionality, and honestly, it does make the game quite different. Reggie being the president. To say what you said is the same exact thing, just lacking confidence.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just because you have confidence, doesn't mean you have to exemplify it everywhere you go. The only reason I even got wind of that quote was because everyone was ****ting on Reggie for saying that on the Gamefaqs Wii U board.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yeah as cool as it is to see a nintendo console being able to play games in HD, the problem is a lot of the 3rd party games they have shown are already on 360/PS3. What nintendo needs to do is make sure they will get as many NEW 3rd party games as possible.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
They already have AC3 in the bag I believe. Their relationship with Ubisoft is pretty tight.

Though I can't think of any other AC games coming out anytime soon. I know there is an exclusive one coming out to the Vita.

Thino

Smash Master
I guess my hype kinda died, I'll be waiting for games that interest me, but hopefully it doesn't take a year for them to announce

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is saving a lot of their hype for other gaming events for the summer; maybe even some of the hype is being saved for the fall... :bee:
Yeah as cool as it is to see a nintendo console being able to play games in HD, the problem is a lot of the 3rd party games they have shown are already on 360/PS3. What nintendo needs to do is make sure they will get as many NEW 3rd party games as possible.
2 new Scribblenaut games (one on the 3DS, one on the Wii U), Rayman Legends, and that new Rabbids game is a nice start.
They already have AC3 in the bag I believe. Their relationship with Ubisoft is pretty tight.
There is also that rumor that the Wii U ACIII is the only one on a console running in 1080p, while the Xbox 360 and PS3 ACIII will run only up to 720p.
I will admit though that the PS3 ACIII and Wii U ACIII didn't look all that different at the Press Conference. The Xbox 360 ACIII looked a little more blurry, though.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Day 1 purchase for me. My Wii is about to give up the ghost. I want an HD console finally. (I've gotten by just fine with my gaming PC, but I certainly welcome an HD Wii.) I'm stoked to have the omni-remote control for all my entertainment devices. (I hope it can really sync with everything I own.)

Top Bottom