• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Wuss

Smash Champion
that's too bad, but I never saw before that the wiimote goes into the guitar. will that mean that it will cost less? That would be muy excellente.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, i'm not sure now. RedOctane.com has the GH3 boxart for the Wii with a WFC logo in the upper left-hand corner.
Just becuase it has WFC doesn't mean it has online battle mode.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I'm really off today.

And I looked at the actual interview:

KH: There is online for the PS3 and Xbox 360. There won't be online initially for the Wii, but we are working with Nintendo to see how we can get those features in.
I guess it's not just online PLAY but online all together.
Gah.

EDIT again: Just realized this should prob. go in GH thread. Mabad.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I never played GH, I have a PS2 but I'm just not that interested. I guess I'll get around to it sometime.

Oh, the Mushroom Men video was removed. I never got to watch it -.-

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Congrats, you all managed to confuse me so I don't even know what I eamnt.

MP3 uses Wii codes as oposed to Mii Codes, correct?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yes, but it doesn't use additional gamespecific friend codes. you only need wii codes, which is what i was happy about.

and the following info was released at a nintendo meeting today.

Mario Galaxy - 1st of November (5800 yen)
Mario Party DS - 8th of November
ASH - 4th of October
New Crimson Black DS Lite (like the Brain Age 2 one) 4th of October
Literature Collection DS - 18th of October (2800 yen)

those are japanese dates remember. Not sure why i posted this here other than there was rumored wii news (i.e. a new wii color, a big game announcement for wii). So i guess this is just to dispell any rumors. (I for one am happy to see an ASH release date, as well as a normal release of the crimson black DS, but that's DS news so no discussion here).

Sensai

Smash Master

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@ Sensai[Mario Kart]- Yeah I found out about the Battlemode and Stunts but didn't know the 16 racer. Hope we don't need the friend codes for this game..those are just dumb ideas unless it was optional to find your friends online.
Anyways, the stunts that I know of as of now is that you can do a 360 rotation in the air. What this benifits to your race, I have no clue but maybe there is a stunt mode to get points? Nevertheless, this game looks very interesting by the update.;)

I didn't check "VanillaWare" but the title is guffawing at my mind!

Zink

Smash Champion
online Mario Kart... happy in the fingers.
They need to stop messing around and announce Brawl's online scheme, if only for confirmation reasons.

Zink

Smash Champion
Yeah, right, you totally have to enter every single fc for each player every time, for no reason other than to be aggrivating. Think, people. In a random game you don't need FCs, and if you're playing with friends, guess what, they're already in your friend list!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
WHERE THE **** IS THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NINTY?

I want me some DLC On GH3, and I'll be pissed if I can't have it.

Sandy

Smash Champion
“Perhaps Nintendo could step in for now and give us some real details!”

Yeah sure, like Nintendo was going to do that

Zink

Smash Champion
I don't think there's any plans for an external hard drive. Firmware support for one is different, and more possible.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Wii Fit is where it's at anyway. Exercise is exactly what every college bound gamer wants. Not!

Sensai

Smash Master
This whole Mario Kart thing is just silly.

First, you have the rumor go out (except it's not announced as a rumor). Then, it becomes official. Then everyone steps back and says (again) that it's a rumor.

Make up your effin' minds.

[Edit:]

This was geared towards the gaming media, not you guys.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
GH3 has confirmed online from redoctane, but no downloadable content as of yet.

"There will, in fact, be Online gameplay for the Wii when Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock launches in late October. However, there will not be Downloadable content available on the Wii at launch. That, we are still working with Nintendo on.”

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
(disregarding this is the Wii topic, I see why you guys are talking about Guitar Hero but it still tickles me when the GH topic is right next door) With how poorly downloadable content has been supported for Guitar Hero 2 on the 360, I wouldn't worry too much about DLC for the Guitar Hero games. Now, if the Wii does end up getting Rockband and there's no downloadable content supported, then you should start emailing Harmonix saying "WTF IT'S A MAJOR POINT OF THE GAME!" Though it's Harmonix who has supported DLC on the 360 game so poorly, with Neversoft taking the helm of GH3, so who knows, maybe Neversoft will support their game better. I don't think they've ever released any DLC for the Tony Hawk games or anything, though.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
GH3 has confirmed online from redoctane, but no downloadable content as of yet.
brrrrrrrrr... it's cold in here.

(Was that too GFAQish and lame? Sorry.)

Sensai;2864220 And Red Octane has stated that GH3 will definitely have online multiplayer....just no DLC initially. [url said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/06/red-octane-says-wii-will-have-ghiii-online-play-no-dlc-initiall/[/url]

Sensai

Smash Master
Sensai;2864220...sounds sexay.

And I'm pretty sure the Wii is getting Rock Band...just not until quite a while after everyone else.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hasn't been officially announced. The only reason it's even a rumor is Matt from IGN keeps saying "Wii is getting Rockband" and Harmonix is saying they're open to other platforms in the future.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah. Cool.

Has anyone listenend to the Wiik in review? At about 28.30, Matt and Bozon finish talking about some 'dark' game for the Wii that resembles another game we already know about...

Any ideas?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Maybe its that Sadness game or something, seriously all I ask is for a violent 1st party game, which im sure we'll get one in like the next 10 years or so...

also hoping, since retro studios did a phenomenal job on MP3 control scheme, maybe do a halo-ish game for the wii, with only and everything, a FPS? nintendo lacks one, dont count metroid prime since only the prime saga is 1st person, I mean a FULL 1st person game...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I was thinking of Sadness as well, Stryks. I forget what happened to that game, and it seems fitting. Bozon tried to get Matt to spill the beans by saying: "does it resemble or have something to do with another game we've seen?". Eh, it was something along the lines of that. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sadness.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm actually surprised Wii doesn't have many shooters. You'd think people would just jump at the ability to aim precisely.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'm surprised by the lack of FPSs, RTSs, and RPGs. Any game genre that has point-and-click gameplay screams "Wii."

Zink

Smash Champion
Picked up Corruption and a classic controller. Prime is good. Yes. Very good. And the CC let me get to level 7 on Super C. So a good thing all around.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, I was gonna get it to go with that ghost squad game, but that'd be sweet. I'd hit that.

Top Bottom