• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Wtf is wrong with Nintendo's wifi connection? Sometime I have to try to connect 10 to 15 times before I get online, and half the time I give up and don't get on at all. Sometimes it'll connect right away and not give me any problem. But it should do that all the time. My right across the hall from the room that my Wii is in, so I don't see what the problem is. The only way my Wii could be any closer to the router would be if it were in the same room, and if you have to be in the same room, then what's the point of having wifi capabilities?

I know it's not just something wrong with my Wii, because my DS, my sister's DS, and my brother's DS all have the same problems connecting. It's not my router either, because my computer, my laptop, and my PSP all get on fine from anywhere in my house with no problem. I think Nintendo just put cheap wifi cards in Wii and DS.

It's not as big of a problem with DS, because I can just walk into the room where my router is and get online. Then, once I'm online, I usually can go anywhere in the house without being disconnected. I can't just walk into the next room with my Wii.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
you may have to change some of the router settings. go to nintendowifi.com and find your router. I used to not be able to connect, even though i found the signal. then i change one number, the channel it was broadcasting i think to 11 and now it works perfectly.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Do I need to change the setting on the router or on my Wii? Because my Uncle set up the router, I don't know how to adjust the settings on it.

If it's my router, wouldn't everything else I use have problems connecting too? And if it's my Wii, why does my DS also have a hard time connecting. I really think it's that they just have weak wireless receivers built into them, and they don't pick up signals as well as they should.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How far away are you trying to pick up the signal? I can pick up a signal fine on the other end of my house thouh about half a dozen walls and a fishtank.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Mine's right across the hall, and it only connects when it feels like it. What kind of router do you have? Mine's a Linksys.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mine's a Symiens speedstream. I had a problem a while back now I think of it...does it have an error code come up at all?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Mine's right across the hall, and it only connects when it feels like it. What kind of router do you have? Mine's a Linksys.
I think the wii has to be set to the IP ending in 11 to work, for some reason (maybe they fixed that). To access your router, type 192.168.0.# (0 to 150, but usually starting with 1, 0, 10, and the like). The username is default to blank (as in, nothing typed), and the password is "admin". This is also where you set up port forwarding, DMZing, etc.

Maybe if you mess around with that enough, you can fix your problems. Worst case scenario: There's a reset button on the back/under your router - hit it with the tip of pencil or screwdriver to change all your settings back to their defaults.

Sensai

Smash Master
No, it's not the IP.

The error code you're getting is probably 052030 or something similar, amirite? It has to do with the Wii only wanted to connect using the wireless channels 1 and 11. So...change the channel to one of those.

Since you have a Linksys, I can help you. Open up your browser and type in this for the address:

Login (probably blank with admin as password) and proceed to a tab that should be labeled as 'wireless.' Change the channel from 6 to 11.

Ba-zing.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Yeah, I think that's what it was, because I got right on after I changed it to 11. Thanks for the help.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I really would like to ask something to the experts on the matter herte.

I was talking with mi sis yesterday about the lack og kick *** games in wii....and we came to the conclution that Nintendo is playing dangerously in what it refers as 3rd party developers.

The cusromers that are buying the wii, well most of them,,,are not hardcore gamers...while the ones that buy ps3 fr the Final fantasies and MGears are.... the ones which buy 360 for halo3 are.

Dont you think that this "Boom" this fever of wii sales can suddenly drop to dangerous scales?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think that sales will make suffer than much, but it makes the other consoles look much more attractive.

TGM

Smash Lord
I really would like to ask something to the experts on the matter herte.

I was talking with mi sis yesterday about the lack og kick *** games in wii....and we came to the conclution that Nintendo is playing dangerously in what it refers as 3rd party developers.

The cusromers that are buying the wii, well most of them,,,are not hardcore gamers...while the ones that buy ps3 fr the Final fantasies and MGears are.... the ones which buy 360 for halo3 are.

Dont you think that this "Boom" this fever of wii sales can suddenly drop to dangerous scales?
There have been 2 Hardcore gamer games that have came out so far on wii......zelda and metroid.

4 more are coming less than 6 months away......galaxy,brawl, resident evil,GH3

there is another in early 08......mario kart

thats all the 100% harcore gamer games that i know of right now.

the sales of wii will not drop due to lack of kick a$$ games. They are coming. sooner than i want them, but they are coming.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
How can you forget some good games such as Maddeon 08, Medal of Honor Heroes, or BWII. Those are good quality games. But everyone seems to overlook them.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Can anyone give me a link to a legit website that has Wii for sale at a normal price? Every price I see is some ******** attempt to sell for the price of each individual thing that comes with the Wii. It's pissing me off, I might as well buy a 360 for the prices I'm seeing.

TGM

Smash Lord
How can you forget some good games such as Maddeon 08, Medal of Honor Heroes, or BWII. Those are good quality games. But everyone seems to overlook them.
those are good games. but they arnt "hardcore gamer games". madden is......on any console other than nintendos.

but you are right, those are good games that will sell well. and i do see people(including me) who overlook them.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Why do you say Madden isn't hardcore on Wii but it is on every other system?

It's the exact same but with better controls and worse graphics.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
There have been 2 Hardcore gamer games that have came out so far on wii......zelda and metroid.

4 more are coming less than 6 months away......galaxy,brawl, resident evil,GH3

there is another in early 08......mario kart

thats all the 100% harcore gamer games that i know of right now.

the sales of wii will not drop due to lack of kick a$$ games. They are coming. sooner than i want them, but they are coming.
Wow, I wasn't aware that Trauma Center was a casual game; I guess I must really suck, considering I get owned on the very hard bonus missions. Sorry for seeming so angry, but I love Trauma Center; it shouldn't be overlooked.

Geometry Wars, No More Heroes, Worms, Madden (which is hardcore. Motion controls actually make the game fun), Godzilla, Mushroom Men, Project O (Pikmin with city building), Trauma Center 2, and Zack & Wiki are all hardcore games you overlooked.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Why do you say Madden isn't hardcore on Wii but it is on every other system?

It's the exact same but with better controls and worse graphics.
He didn't mean that the game was hardcore only on other consoles, he meant that Madden is available on every other console.

Eh, Doggalina I would disagree with you on a few titles. Project O looks like a cheeky version of the Sims to me. I was watching a few gameplay vids of Zack and Wiki and it just screams casual.

Red Ex, where do you live?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
those are good games. but they arnt "hardcore gamer games". madden is......on any console other than nintendos.

He didn't mean that the game was hardcore only on other consoles, he meant that Madden is available on every other console.
I don't think so. Why would he say on any console other than Nintendo's?

I'm not saying I can't be wrong, but I guess we just need some clarification.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Red Ex, where do you live?
Barbados, in the Caribbean. I'd buy a Wii from the store here but it costs $1000 BB [local currency] or $500 USD, no way in hell I'm paying that much.

Every place online [Amazon, Ebay, EBgames/Gamestop] is just selling bundles or making prices according to the individual items that come with the Wii.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I don't think so. Why would he say on any console other than Nintendo's?

I'm not saying I can't be wrong, but I guess we just need some clarification.
You might be right, I just read it that way because he seemed to be talking about what was available on the Wii. So when Madden wass brought up I read it as he was talking about exclusive games.

Reading it again, I can see that might be what he is implying considering that EA said they would make the game more accesible on the Wii.

RedEx, how trusting would you be of a smashboards mod? If I opened a paypal account and you sent me the money I would gladly buy you a Wii. I see them around here all the time. I know some people don't like buying from Ebay because of anonymity but if you start getting desperate you can always post here or shoot me a pm.

There wouldn't be any region problems would there?

TGM

Smash Lord
Chill and GAW.

Look at the sales of madden games on all 3 consoles(this gen and last) and you will see that nintendo madden does not do AS WELL as sony/micro maddens. thats all im saying.

Im not saying the game sucks im just saying it sells less on nintendo. there-for i wouldnt consider it a hardcore game on any nintendo system. See what i mean?

i dont wanna start any trash.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
For Aussies only I'm afraid...

Aussie-Nintendo.com said:

Nintendo's offering freebies in its latest attempt to combat the case of the flying Wii-motes.

Nintendo Australia has announced a new and official protective cover for the Wii Remote today called the 'Wii Remote Jacket', and it's being offered free to all Wii owners Down Under.

"We recommend to fit the "Wii Remote Jacket" to the Wii Remote in order to enhance your grip and provide additional protection if the Wii Remote is accidentally thrown or dropped during game play," the company said.

To order one, all you've got to do is contact Nintendo's Customer Service line on (03) 9730 9822 between 9 and 5 and quote your console's serial number. Future Wii owners will soon find the cover comes included with the console, as well as all Remotes sold separately.
Looks like a shower cap, but yay for free stuff!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Was thinking it was wierd that we'd get them and you wouldn't. Guess you guys get the shower caps too. Yay for free stuff!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Look at the sales of madden games on all 3 consoles(this gen and last) and you will see that nintendo madden does not do AS WELL as sony/micro maddens. thats all im saying.
Fair enough, but do realize that has nothing to do with whether it's hardcore or not.

As for the condoms, I'll take anything for free.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'm still having touble finding a Wii. I generally go to either Walmart or Best Buy every Sunday evening, and there are none there. I'm trying to go Sunday afternoon or Sunday morning. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
According to Japan's Asahi newspaper, Nintendo's spending more than 2 billion yen (or nearly US$18 million) on the Jackets, and it's apparently shipping about 20 million of them internationally.

TGM

Smash Lord
I'm still having touble finding a Wii. I generally go to either Walmart or Best Buy every Sunday evening, and there are none there. I'm trying to go Sunday afternoon or Sunday morning. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Best-Buy
Toys-R-Us
Walmart
Gamestop/EB
Target
RadioShack(they sell games now too)
Frys Electronics(maybe a TX only store)
Online(amazon.com,e-bay)

try going to the stores and asking them when they get the shipments.....if they tell you show up early that morning and get one. Or go to ALL these stores 2-3 times a week. its gonna turn up if you keep checking all possible stores. And you better hurry cause reggie already said he cant keep up with demand this christmas.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6180167.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;12

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I didn't look at the 532 pages in this thread so forgive me if this has already been answered.

Is there any confirmation on the release of the Black Wii yet? I'm planning on getting a Wii in November, but I'll wait a few more months if it means having a Black Wii. Rumors are that it'll come out later this year along with a Red Wii. I have no idea how true these rumors are.

TGM

Smash Lord
I didn't look at the 532 pages in this thread so forgive me if this has already been answered.

Is there any confirmation on the release of the Black Wii yet? I'm planning on getting a Wii in November, but I'll wait a few more months if it means having a Black Wii. Rumors are that it'll come out later this year along with a Red Wii. I have no idea how true these rumors are.

nah. there is no 100% proof that a new colored wii will be coming out any time soon. if you wait, it could be a long while. i recommend buying one as soon as you can and put shells on it(colored sticky paper type stuff)

Top Bottom