• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm still having touble finding a Wii. I generally go to either Walmart or Best Buy every Sunday evening, and there are none there. I'm trying to go Sunday afternoon or Sunday morning. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions?
Ask, when a store get's it's shipments in or try a different one.

If you want a colored Wii (lol rascist) the only option now is case mods and gross stickers. The mods look better but require more effort.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
nah. there is no 100% proof that a new colored wii will be coming out any time soon. if you wait, it could be a long while. i recommend buying one as soon as you can and put shells on it(colored sticky paper type stuff)
Yeah, I didn't think so. If they don't announce it by November, I'm buying one. If they do announce it, then I'll wait until its release, depending on when that is. Of course, I could put the shells on it like you said. I'd like my black Wii to be official though, and not just some copy.

I also saw on IGN that they have black Wii parts. You can dismantle your white Wii and replace its parts with black ones. The only thing is, will it look like the black wii in the pics we've seen, all shiny and sleek? I'd like to have strikingly simliar parts to the actual white wii, only black.

TGM

Smash Lord
Yeah, I didn't think so. If they don't announce it by November, I'm buying one. If they do announce it, then I'll wait until its release, depending on when that is. Of course, I could put the shells on it like you said. I'd like my black Wii to be official though, and not just some copy.

I also saw on IGN that they have black Wii parts. You can dismantle your white Wii and replace its parts with black ones. The only thing is, will it look like the black wii in the pics we've seen, all shiny and sleek? I'd like to have strikingly simliar parts to the actual white wii, only black.
i think taking apart your wii is eliminate-ing the chances of your warranty working or having nintendo repair your wii.

that happened with me GB and me ps2

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
i think taking apart your wii is eliminate-ing the chances of your warranty working or having nintendo repair your wii.

that happened with me GB and me ps2
Really? That really sucks. And what exactly are mods? I'm assuming they are what I was talking about earlier, replacement parts. If I use mods I guess I can kiss my warranty good bye. Stickers are so...not permanent though. Plus, if I put them on wrong or whatever I'll hate that I ever bought them. I'd like to have a permanent solution to having a Black Wii instead of slapping on a new suit and calling it the official thing, which it isn't but I'd like to think it is.

btw, found a site with shells. http://www.nds-central.com/

Those are mods right?

EDIT: How long is the warranty? I could totally give it a black shell once the warranty is up. I hope I don't screw anything up though.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wanted a red Wii but there's no chance of that coming out so I'm just gonna settle for a normal white Wii. I don't like certain white things though, dirt and other marks are easily seen on them, that's why I hate my school uniform so much =[

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If you remove your Wii's white shell you void your warranty. I believe you get a year long warranty from the day you buy your system.

Sensai

Smash Master
I like my white one, actually...I mean, I would've chosen black, but the color that we all have isn't too terrible.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I like my white one, actually...I mean, I would've chosen black, but the color that we all have isn't too terrible.
It's not that white is terrible. I just get all depressed when I get a game system or something, and then another system comes out that I could have bought instead, or another color I would've liked better comes out a week later after I've bought a certain color.

When I bought my Gameboy SP for example, the price dropped soon after. I could have bought it for cheaper if I had just waited. I waited as long as I could for a black DS lite and my endurance paid off. I'm so glad I didn't buy a DS and then soon find out a DS lite was coming out. I'm afraid the same thing will happen with the Wii. I'll buy the white one and then black will suddenly come out and I'll be pissed at myself, and at Nintendo.

You guys don't think Nintendo will do the same thing they did with DS do you? Where they made DS and then came out with DS lite, then let you exchange your old DS with a DS lite for little money? I'd hate to buy a Wii and only have them come out with a better one that prices the same but is better nontheless. Stuff like that always happens to me. :p

TGM

Smash Lord
It's not that white is terrible. I just get all depressed when I get a game system or something, and then another system comes out that I could have bought instead, or another color I would've liked better comes out a week later after I've bought a certain color.

When I bought my Gameboy SP for example, the price dropped soon after. I could have bought it for cheaper if I had just waited. I waited as long as I could for a black DS lite and my endurance paid off. I'm so glad I didn't buy a DS and then soon find out a DS lite was coming out. I'm afraid the same thing will happen with the Wii. I'll buy the white one and then black will suddenly come out and I'll be pissed at myself, and at Nintendo.

You guys don't think Nintendo will do the same thing they did with DS do you? Where they made DS and then came out with DS lite, then let you exchange your old DS with a DS lite for little money? I'd hate to buy a Wii and only have them come out with a better one that prices the same but is better nontheless. Stuff like that always happens to me. :p

with hand-helds yes. but with consoles they rare-ly make a "lite" version. and if they do, its watered down from the original......aka slim ps2,360 core.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
with hand-helds yes. but with consoles they rare-ly make a "lite" version. and if they do, its watered down from the original......aka slim ps2,360 core.
Cool. Well it looks like I'll be getting a white Wii. I'll just wait a year and then replace its white parts with black ones. I'm not going to postpone my game playing just to have a certain color. :p

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion

Oh yes, how could I forget NGC lite, or N64 lite. I think that is only really marketable for handhelds. It also works for XBOX because they are tailored to the different people who play. Wii is already cheaper than dirt compared to other systems, which is nice. But the 360 pro setup is still pretty expensive, and it suits a gamer that is more into long term maximum experience play, while the core set doesn't have DVD, it's memory is about as big as a flash drive, and is really only for people who aren't very serious about their gaming, or just want to play games online without springing for all the more expensive systems like the pro edition or elite.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm still surprised that they don't plan to make a hard drive for Wii. Sometimes I wonder if they even think about that stuff at Nintendo. SD cards ftl.

Sensai

Smash Master
Even SD cards wouldn't be so bad, if they just allowed us to use them. The way they have it set up now, you can't read from an SD card, meaning, for people like myself who love the VC, we have to redownload games if you want to play 'em again and your already too full on memory.

I haven't quite gotten there yet, but I can definitely see myself there within the next few months.

TGM

Smash Lord
there will be some kind of deal. nintendo knows the mem cant handle huge amounts of both wii and vc games. have faith me boy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo said a few months back that they have no plans of making a new version of the Wii while it continues to sell so well (would you make a new version of something that's STILL selling out?)

I'd be expecting some sort of addon in the form of a Hard Drive at some point, especially with Turbo CD games coming on the VC

greenblob

Smash Lord
Ugh... Wii shipments only come during weekday mornings and are gone within 3-4 hours, which means I can't get one any time soon... I've preordered Brawl and I'll probably get that several months before I get my hands on a Wii.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Can't you reserve a Wii at any of those stores? I've never tried it but I'm sure you can reserve stuff, probably for a price.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
At GameStop and EB you can't reserve products that are already released, as in, you can't reserve a Wii because it was officially released last November. Don't know about other stores, though.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, you can have them all you when they get them in, but they don't actually hold them for you from what I know.

I got mine because I had just been in the GameStop where the guys knew me pretty well and as soon as I left they got their shipment in. I was about 10 minutes away from the store when I see "GameStop" is calling my cellphone. The guy, Brenden, tells me that they just got a shipment in and I went back to pick one up. My friend's mom was also in the store picking one up, she didn't recognize me, but I recognized her. I later talked to that friend, saying "I saw your mom at GameStop today buying a Wii." And that is how I spoiled Christmas for that friend.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Pretty funny story, haha. Sucks, though...hope it didn't ruin everything.

And you could always just throw down like 20 bones to a Gamestop employee...I'm sure he'd hold one for ya if you paid him under the counter.

Also, VC/Harddrive related: the first NeoGeo games come out tomorrow...so, Nintendo's REALLY gotta hurry if they wanna beat it!

TGM

Smash Lord
you have to keep trying. every where in my area(houston,tx) there is a huge supply. i dont understand that. just keep calling and asking, you WILL get one. nintendo will ramp up on wiis right before christmas if possible.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Can't you reserve a Wii at any of those stores? I've never tried it but I'm sure you can reserve stuff, probably for a price.
It's called Lay-a-way. You can't reserve something that's out already, but you can pay it in installments if they have it in the store.

Guys, just buy them online and it'll ship to you when it comes out. You save A TON this way too. I got my PSP for $200 on Amazon.com versus $220 if I had bought it at Wal-mart, due to free shipping and no taxes. Be smart buyers!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
you have to keep trying. every where in my area(houston,tx) there is a huge supply. i dont understand that. just keep calling and asking, you WILL get one. nintendo will ramp up on wiis right before christmas if possible.

Hopefully their production won't be as lacking as last year. I got mine through sheer luck, since everywhere was so desperately udnerstocked ( 3-10 systems per location varying by size), but a family friend's parents bought one for them, but they got one already, so instead of returning it, i bought it from them.

My best advice would be to find out from employees at your store when they generally get shipments, and jsut ask them close to ship date if they can hold one for you and just come in and get one early, my bud Aaryk got it that way.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's called Lay-a-way. You can't reserve something that's out already, but you can pay it in installments if they have it in the store.

I had a feeling I was using the wrong term but I couldn't remember what it was :urg:

I stil don't know how I'm getting mine, it's a surprise

Chill

Red
BRoomer
CHRED IS EXCITED!

YOU CAN TELL BY THE CAPS LOCK!

Heh, I'm more than likely going to E for All so I'm terribly excited right now.

Sensai

Smash Master
Chill, congrats on going to E for All. I wish I could go...haha. Tell us about it.

Also, here's a page showing what happened at the conference.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/10/mario-baseball-and-other-quick-newsbits-from-the-nintendo-press/

[Edit:]

For those who don't wanna make the jump...

~Mario Kart coming Spring 2008, with motorcycles!
~Super Mario Stadium Baseball was unceremoniously revealed in a collection of clips for previously-announced games.
~Nintendo will soon "begin a service similar to the DS Station retail service. You'll be able to download demos from your home."
~Virtual Console has reached 7.8 million downloads. Even if all those sales were NES titles (and we know they're not), that's at least US $39 million in almost pure profit.
~"Nintendo will put more emphasis on the Wii Vote channel in the future. You'll be able to put rankings for games that you've played and search for games that fit your liking."
~Pokemon Farm, Crystal Chronicles game revealed for Wii Ware
~Wii Fit coming Dec. 1 in Japan for 8,800 yen [I think this is roughly 75 dollars.]
~Monster Hunter 3 heading to Wii

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mario Baseball sucked on Gamecube, flat out sucked. Only good thing I remember is the fact that Goomba's bat was the same shade of broawn as he was so it looked like he was using his...um....well you get it.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

LOL

Ok, well...this is going to be a post in the same vein of my older, pre-Wii posts. Meaning...lots of information.

Here's the live blog (kinda) of what happened yesterday at the conference.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html

Two new channels. That Mii popularity contest and a DS demo download channel. Both due out November in Japan.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826152p1.html

IGN's first look at Maruboushikaku....some Wii Ware title.
http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826151/imgs_1.html

First look at Minna de Puzloop, another Wii Ware.
http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826150/imgs_1.html

First look at Dr. Mario (WiFi confirmed), yet another Wii Ware.
http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826149/imgs_1.html

First look at Pokemon Farm....another Wii Ware (which is the way I think Pokemon should've been done all along, dammit).
http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826147/imgs_1.html

Hudson has announced a new Bomberman, Star Soldier R, and some karaoke game (titled Joy Sound or Joy Sound Wii) for the VC. Cool. Now Nintendo...about that mic...
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826139p1.html

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (now subtitled Little King and the Promised Country) for the Wii is now, apparently, a Wii Ware title...that isn't very CC at all. Apparently, you're governing some land...or something. 15 bucks (or 1500 points for non-USA citizens). Launches simultaneously with the Wii Ware.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826136p1.html

Monster Hunter 3 has been announced for Wii. This is a big deal in Japan, as it sells like hotcakes.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826135p1.html

And, to sum up the Wii Ware jazz, here's IGN's pretty complete page of what was announced yesterday for the service.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826148p1.html

Another thing to note: the service is launching in March, or that's what IGN seems to think. This is the first time that I've seen any type of date pinned to its launch besides 'early 2008.'

ANOTHER thing to note: we're going to need a god ****ed harddrive now, Nintendo. Or at least let the ****in' SD cards work. ALSO, make it so we can organize channels, **** you.

In other Wii news, that new and oft rumored 'Wii SKU' or what-have-you that showed up on that serial number page (if you don't know what I'm talking about, move on) has been commented on by Nintendo. It's definitely not a new hardware configuration (which is good...I can't imagine what they would take away from the Wii).
http://kotaku.com/gaming/process-of...-isnt-a-new-hardware-configuration-308981.php

Here's Kotaku's roundup of what happened. How convenient.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo-presser/nintendos-fall-conference-round+up-309039.php

And, finally, there's another conference today in Seattle. I fully expect to hear that Brawl has been delayed and also some more of this stuff...but in English with North American release dates.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
ANOTHER thing to note: we're going to need a god ****ed harddrive now, Nintendo. Or at least let the ****in' SD cards work. ALSO, make it so we can organize channels, **** you.
You're telling me. The Wii Ware games look "small" which is ok because they are download games but they HDD will allow for more to be downloaded and for them to be larger. I have mixed feelings on stuff like pokemon farm, on one hand it looks cute and the idea of transnfering over a little Empoleon sounds neat. But I don't know if I want to spend X amount of dollars for a glorified tamogatchi. If the game allows me to do other stuff that's great but if I can only feed and clean up after my pokemon that's not so great.

The CC game sounds more full featured but I'm still wating for the Wii version. Please Sqaure get that game out.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
We've all been fooled! The downloadable demos are like the DS download stations, as in you're downloading demos for your DS.

GOD DAMMIT! CHRED TYPES IN CAPS BECAUSE HE HAS FURY!@%?!

I'm fairly sure the wii ware title was separate from the full wii game, uless it's explicitly stated that it's replacing it?

the screens i've seen of the new one do not feature the main character of the old one, they feature several other characters all together. (and i'm fairly sure unlike the original the wii one, since it was supposed to be like a normal RPG with single player, has a single main character with one design). The new one is described as an online RPG, and looks like it's an MMO, which would make sense with WiiWare since we could easily download updated versions of the game with more quests/etc. Then the DS one focuses n the original 4 player gameplay, and the FULL wii one, crystal bearers, is a traditional offline RPG focusing on single player. At least i hope that's how it is.

screens to show what i mean

main char from Crstal Bearers

screens from wiiware title

i have a hard time believing they'd completely throw away what they had.

Oh, and they are both listed as separate titles on IGN

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If you have the latest system update, you CAN organize your channels. Try grabbing them with A and B held. Also, with the new update today, USB keyboards now work in the Internet Channel (after you update it in the Shop Channel). I am writing this post on my Wii. There is no way I would write this much with just the remote.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Is there anywhere I can find a vid of the conference? I normally like to actually watch these things.

Top Bottom