• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Zink

Smash Champion
I really REALLY need to play ToS...

And when ChRed says that the Capcom man said that there would be more announcements, he was refferring to the fact that it's like...Capcom's Game Week, or something. They've announced a lotta stuff....so, it could just be PR.
get ON that man, dang. You're missing probably the best GCN RPG of last gen.
I'd love to see Capcom place SFIV on Wii, but chances of that happening=nil, sadly.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yes. You do Sensai.

ToS has an AMAZING story as I remember it- best I've ever heard of for a videogame. Not as cliche as things like FF.

The gameplay is really unique and interesting, and there's lots of content. I think the acual game lasted me 80 hours, while I ended up reaching 250 doing sidequests. There's just so much there, so much wonder and emotion as you talk to people and start to understand each characters past. This game is one of those special games that you just don't forget.

However, these were my thoughts 2 or 3 years ago when it came out. I doubt my opinions would change if I revisited it, but I DID happen to lend it out to a friend who didn't like it at all. Let me just say that if you do get the time to pick it up, don't put it down unless you've played a good 5 hours in and still don't like it.

Well, that's enough of my GC reviews in the Wii thread.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/828/828161p1.html
Casamassina and Bozon have been supporting this game from day one, and insist that it's excellent. Check it out for yourself, but I dunno...

Salaad

Smash Ace
So, I'm thinking of getting my first FE game, Radiant Dawn, but I also want to get BWii. I might just get both, but I want to know if the FE games are long ones. Since BWii has online capability I'm leaning more in their favor..

Sensai

Smash Master
Fire Emblem is definitely a longer game. I would suggest going for BWii for two reasons:

You make it sound like you don't have the time, which, if true, means you don't have enough time for FE. It's addictive and lengthy (it's like Final Fantasy Tactics [the PS one, not the bad one]).

The other reason is that it's a sequel (or sorts) to the GCN FE...which was also amazing. Go play it.

[Edit:]

And Zak and Wiki looks awesome. Don't even start...it looks amazing.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I can tell you for sure that FE Radiant Dawn will be epic, just like PoR.

I THINK Bwii will be even cooler, with online capabilities, but I've never played the first one, so I don't know exactly who great it is.

Get both.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If you idiots had bought the game in the first place we'd be getting a nice sequel for the Wii instead of a port. I'm just bothered by the fact that not only did this game not get the attention it deserved but it's now only being looked forward to for a gimmick. Consider the way you hold the Wiimote in you hand, now think of how you hold a brush or a pen. Yeah...

This just turns a interesting game mechaninc into a "ooh waggle" selling point to me. And now any of the money made from this game won't even go to it's creators.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
mm? why won't it go to the creators? and i'm not buying a ****ing PS2 for the game. Sorry, but i want to play it, just not bad enough to buy a console for it. I happen to have a wii. They'll make money on it, it's still okami, and it'll still be fun. Already played it? Don't buy it. There'll be a sequel eventually. and even if there was going to be a sequel, they still would have ported the original to wii, because it's a lot easier than making another game and will still make them plenty of money. It's a smart business move, not our fault.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hmm... I have a PS2, but I never picked Okami up.

Would you reccomend I:

A). Get it now for PS2
B). Hold up for Wii

?

Sensai

Smash Master
Wait to see how it does for the Wii, 'cause, as Chill said, there's a good chance that the guys'll **** it up by just adding senseless waggle.

That being said: Chill, I didn't own a PS2. I would've DEFINITELY picked up Okami though as it, to me, represents a breath of fresh air in a market that's becoming stagnant.

And don't be so quick to criticize the game and its developers before we've seen anything about it. Everything that Capcom's done for the Wii so far has been better then most of the other **** coming out for it (I'm pretty sure...I can't remember everything they've done for the Wii).

Also, a sequel probably would not be as good as the original as the studio that developed it has been disbanded.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
mm? why won't it go to the creators? and i'm not buying a ****ing PS2 for the game. Sorry, but i want to play it, just not bad enough to buy a console for it. I happen to have a wii. They'll make money on it, it's still okami, and it'll still be fun. Already played it? Don't buy it. There'll be a sequel eventually. and even if there was going to be a sequel, they still would have ported the original to wii, because it's a lot easier than making another game and will still make them plenty of money. It's a smart business move, not our fault.
If you don't own a PS2 than I wasn't talking about you. I don't know why you would buy a console for one game especially the PS2 but that's another subject entirely. The money won't go to the creators because the studio that made the game no longer exist. Why? Because it didn't sell well. If a game doesn't sell it doesn't get a sequel. Hence the port in a attmept to make more moneez.

If the game does well on the Wii I don't know if I'll happy or sad. On one hand it might mean more Okami games. On the other hand the games won't be made by the same people and I would wonder why a game with the same content would suddenly sell more copies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
that's no excuse. you could write down the extreemly long link, and then use a USB keyboard to type it in.

oh, for the love of copy/paste.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
An AC MMO would be interesting. If true it might solve my biggest complaint about WW. I can't see them porting the same game and rigging it with online play.

D

Deleted member

I feel very proud, I just bought Scarface Wii and Mario Strikers for a combined total of like 75 bucks on Ebay.

I like JUST started using it on the 22nd so I don't know how noob / pro that is, but I was happy to get 2 games for pretty much the price of 2, delivered to my door. Brand new.

Looking forward to playing some Strikers with you guys

Sensai

Smash Master
God ****...an MMO with Friend Codes? How would Nintendo accomplish that? Or would they just nix the entire FC thing....thank God?

It wasn't technically IGN who stated that, it was...some other publication that I can't remember right now. But they're known for not making **** up and only throwing in things that they're sure of.

D

Deleted member

You're thinking of Edge.

I can see AC MMO style working like one giant town everyone can go to, and have auctions / things like that. Think a main city in WoW

Lmao, imagine giving gold farmers Bells to clean up your town...oh man.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I noticed on Gamestop's site that Mario and Sonic had the Wi-fi logo on it. I also read some where that Mario Galaxy will use Wi-fi as well. Any clues for how it will work for these games?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I noticed on Gamestop's site that Mario and Sonic had the Wi-fi logo on it. I also read some where that Mario Galaxy will use Wi-fi as well. Any clues for how it will work for these games?
Well, Mario and Sonic should most likely be for the competition and Mario Galaxy I believe was said to have online Co-op play...which seems interesting...

Oh and god help us if Nintendo makes the dumbest move to have friend codes for an MMO title..really, maybe friend codes can be added if it was an optional on/off thing but if it is mandatory, then thats a bad move.

AND WHY DIDN'T THEY GIVE HEADSETS FOR BRAWL!!1!? Really, I am gonna hate to type out "pwnd" or not being able to scream "4 STOCK!"

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
But of course Sensai... but, what are the chances of Nintendo throwing in headsets[Sakurai actually] for Brawl..not that high.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how Mario Galaxy will deliver with online play! It seems it would be difficult to pull off, considering how that game is played.

P.S.- I filled that out..good survey that people really should attend too.;)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I got my Wii remote to work as a mouse (via IR pointer) on my Linux laptop. It freakin' rox.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
that's awesome
of course, i think i like just using a bluetooth mouse is better. Not sure though. Where did you get the driver for it?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
that's awesome
of course, i think i like just using a bluetooth mouse is better. Not sure though. Where did you get the driver for it?
There are several out there. The one for my mouse control is called CWiiD. I heard another good one is WMD. I have an excellent remote test program called WMGUI. It just displays the buttons/sticks data, but it is a good starting place.

Yeah, a mouse is much more intelligent for using the computer productively. I'm just doing this as a gimmick. It's fun to show to people. What I'm working toward, however, is getting it to work as a standard input device for games and whatnot. :)

For Windows users out there, my neighbor downloaded a complete Wii remote drum set program. It works quite well!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Gah, didn't notice that you said linux. Poo.

Well i got a GREAT one for the mac. Is incredibly easy to use. Just open the application, hit the sync button, and you're ready to go

I'm a macbook pro user dual booting windows and mac, i wanted one for windows so i could try playing an FPS this way. That would be so hot.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hay just a reminder that if you're talking about a specific game, POST IT IN THE TOPIC FOR THAT GAME. This topic isn't meant to just be a total Wii everything cluster**** discussion. It's for Wii hardware, System Updates, THAT SORT OF CRAP.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Gah, didn't notice that you said linux. Poo.

Well i got a GREAT one for the mac. Is incredibly easy to use. Just open the application, hit the sync button, and you're ready to go

I'm a macbook pro user dual booting windows and mac, i wanted one for windows so i could try playing an FPS this way. That would be so hot.
There are drivers for Windows.

http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Downloads

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
@ cashed So using the wimote on a PC coutns right ?

Gah, i tried a couple of the windows programs, the best i coudl get them to do was use the buttons on the remote. Like the one called WiinRemote, it would say active and be connected, but only once did the butons actually work the rest of the time even the the wiimote was connected to the PC and the program said active i wasn't getting anything, the monitor for gyro and IR activity was blank, the buttons weren't highlighting on the remote moitor. The GlovePIE applications was more consistent, but again, only the buttons worked, no IR or gyro support.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
They'll make money on it, it's still okami, and it'll still be fun. Already played it? Don't buy it. There'll be a sequel eventually. and even if there was going to be a sequel, they still would have ported the original to wii, because it's a lot easier than making another game and will still make them plenty of money. It's a smart business move, not our fault.
Based on what? You know how many amazing games never got a sequel due to poor sales? Beyond Good and Evil, Psychonauts, Sam and Max (it was only recently resurrected and the series isn't a sequel). But, to Chill, if you want a sequel, get people to buy the Wii version. The PS2 version may be better, or the exact same for that matter (never played it), but if they are putting money towards a port, then they are testing the market for the game.

In IGN they said there's a rumor that Animal Crossing Wii will be MMO. I'd give a link, but I'm on the Wii :/
Ew. It's going to be JUST like the Sims Online, which sucked horribly. Some games don't need to be an MMO.

I wasnt aware that Spore was officially confirmed for Wii.

I'm happy now. :)
http://kotaku.com/gaming/confirmed/its-official-spore-coming-to-the-wii-315961.php
I thought it's been confirmed for the Wii. The only thing that worries me is the game requires A LOT of online connectivity and feedback with no online play. To visit another galaxy, you need to connect in order to see their aliens. I wonder how they'll do that, but still cool that it's on consoles.

@ cashed So using the wimote on a PC coutns right ?

Gah, i tried a couple of the windows programs, the best i coudl get them to do was use the buttons on the remote. Like the one called WiinRemote, it would say active and be connected, but only once did the butons actually work the rest of the time even the the wiimote was connected to the PC and the program said active i wasn't getting anything, the monitor for gyro and IR activity was blank, the buttons weren't highlighting on the remote moitor. The GlovePIE applications was more consistent, but again, only the buttons worked, no IR or gyro support.
There is a website where a guy did this. I'll look for it soon.

Sensai

Smash Master
Let the records show that I was also responding to a question about a headset and talking about a survey for this or that.

Now, THIS post is completely off topic. :-D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I thought it's been confirmed for the Wii. The only thing that worries me is the game requires A LOT of online connectivity and feedback with no online play. To visit another galaxy, you need to connect in order to see their aliens. I wonder how they'll do that, but still cool that it's on consoles.
Well WiiConnect24 is no biggie, but I would assume they would release it a little after the PC version so they can grab some PC made characters and stick em in as default ones for people without WC24. Or maybe you have to have WC24 for it to work. *shrug*

Just answering CK, is all. :)

Top Bottom