• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm sorry but the Link crossbow training is just stupid. The zapper is nothing more than a stupid piece of plastic and the "game" is nothing more than a cheap tech demo used to ***** out the Zelda series.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
that sounds really ********. the only reason i even considered gettin wii play was because of the multiplayer. albeit two player, it wsa fun. this is going to be, $20 for a piece of plastic and link shooting at stuff. woo hoo. no story or anything at all.. hardly what i call a zelda game.

TGM

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but the Link crossbow training is just stupid. The zapper is nothing more than a stupid piece of plastic and the "game" is nothing more than a cheap tech demo used to ***** out the Zelda series.
its 20$, not a big deal. and it will increase the wii numbers even more. wether its good or bad, it helps nintendo.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I dislike the crossbow + Link combination, and I'm a fan of the Zelda series.....It just seems so unlike Link to have a crossbow. T.T

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So Iwata either knows something i don't or is very ********. Because he thinks the wii isn't really a success yet.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=17199

The wii has sold 10 million + units in less than a year? Has surpassed the 360 which has been out a year longer? Pshaw, true success is a unit next to every television!!

keep dreaming iwata...

(no he didn't say that, i made it up so i don't need anyone pointing it out).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It will probably be released on the Wii. The screens for Ninja Gaiden 2 were removed from the site but was announced soon after. Eternal Sonata was listed as a PS3 release and then removed but Famitsu confirmed this to be true.

They probably want it to be a "suprise" or there might be some contractual obligations they are under.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Not doubting it'll eventually be released on it, I mean, just look at the game, take away the 720p resolution, the 5.1 sound and maybe some of the online features and you've got a version set for the Wii. I just wanted to remind Sensai that it's not confirmed.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so new NiGHTS trailer, just a few gameplay parts and I can already tell it has a somewhat bad camera view, maybe its just me...

anyway IGN is holding some "u want a wii headset for online communication?" I voted, 98.9 percnt want a headset... nintendo start working...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^?

Elaborate. What do you mean "Change it?"

Like, the actual TIME? Just go to your Wii settings, dude.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Theres a new M&S at the olimpics trailer, this one is actually godd, I lol so hard when I saw the angry yoshi playing ping pong XD...

Sandy

Smash Champion
I noticed Sensai didn't post the new VC update:

Super Thunder Blade (Sega Genesis, 1 player, 800 Wii Points)

World Class Baseball (Turbografx16, 1-2 players, 600 Wii Points)

Yoshi's Story (N64, 1 player, 1000 Wii Points)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The M&S olympics trailer is pretty epic. It's a shame the game won't look as good as that. What's worse though is that it probably won't play as good as it is made to look. But if they can make a good collection of mini-games my hat's off to them.

TGM

Smash Lord
im sick of mini games. mario party 8,wario ware,wii sports,wii play......ect, are all good games but too much of mini games wears it out.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
So true TGM, it's kinda sad that the only things I have to look forward to when I get a Wii are the occasional flagship series and random gems that are as rare as flagship series.

Something tells me Nintendo is just going to take this approach and run with it. If that happens PSwii60 ftw then.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I noticed Sensai didn't post the new VC update:

Super Thunder Blade (Sega Genesis, 1 player, 800 Wii Points)

World Class Baseball (Turbografx16, 1-2 players, 600 Wii Points)

Yoshi's Story (N64, 1 player, 1000 Wii Points)
VC thread much?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
The Wii will be the ultimate system if lucasarts can pull this off. The Force Unleashed is being made for the Wii, due in Spring of next year. Also added is a 1v1 jedi master mode where you duel. The Remote will be used as a saber, nunchuck as force powers. If I hadn't bought a wii, I would buy this system just for this game.

http://www.rotpod.net/rotpod/?p=977

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
The Wii will be the ultimate system if lucasarts can pull this off. The Force Unleashed is being made for the Wii, due in Spring of next year. Also added is a 1v1 jedi master mode where you duel. The Remote will be used as a saber, nunchuck as force powers. If I hadn't bought a wii, I would buy this system just for this game.

http://www.rotpod.net/rotpod/?p=977
I've been wanting that game since Game Informer had a story about it. This is gonna be a day one purchase for all Star Wars fanboys like me.

TGM

Smash Lord
So true TGM, it's kinda sad that the only things I have to look forward to when I get a Wii are the occasional flagship series and random gems that are as rare as flagship series.

Something tells me Nintendo is just going to take this approach and run with it. If that happens PSwii60 ftw then.
i wouldnt go pswii60. ill wait it out. Zelda,pkmn revo,Metroid3,mario galaxy,ssbb,mario kart,RE:UC. these are epic games that will direct me from mini games.

University of Illinois offers students a Wii bit of fun

http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/09/19/university-of-illinois-offers-students-a-wii-bit-of-fun/

And some other things im noticing. My GF is a CNA in a nursing home in Houston,tx and she says the nursing home she works for is buying wiis for the residents there so they can participate in some sort of exercise. Ive seen articles about this but i thought it was confined to a few cities. Its just kind aneat how wii is spreading like it is.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ubisoft? Those same *insert expletive here* that are using the money they make from Wii on xbox and ps3?

They better not go half-*** on this game.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
That's also known as King's Story right now, correct?

Yeah, this is one of those games that I just can't wait for, even though I know nothing about.

Then again, I sorta had that feeling with Okami, but I don't anymore.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, project O is just looking better and better.

Also, I'll be sure to pick up FE, as I'm a huge fan, but seriously, why the **** did it take so long to come to our America? It got released in Japan over the summer, it might have even been May. AND WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE IR FOR THAT GAME? It would fit so perfectly to control people. Oh well, it's supposed to be really long and you can get bonuses from having a PoR save file.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Did you actually get your NP that early? Or is that from some other site?

Anyways, yeah, that looks awesome. How are you NOT gonna pick that up for 20 bucks?

Well, besides that you'll probably only play it for a week and get bored w/ it.

Sensai

Smash Master
I guess I'll be pickin' up a Zapper at some point...I wasn't planning on it until the whole Zelda pack in thing, but...jeah. I'll probably use it for some games anyways.

Top Bottom