• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
Ok because I had problems with connecting it. I got it to work though it took about thirty minutes. I felt like I was trying to get cable with bunny ears and alluminal foil.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..If you flip open your Wii thing near the Disk enterance, Press and hold the Sync button[red]on the Wii and Wii mote. Hold it for 15 seconds each and release. It should be good then.

@smashplayer16- I know that but I need Wi-Fi to even access that. >_>
Or, is it still free to view the shop channel without Wi-Fi if you install points?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
..If you flip open your Wii thing near the Disk enterance, Press and hold the Sync button[red]on the Wii and Wii mote. Hold it for 15 seconds each and release. It should be good then.

@smashplayer16- I know that but I need Wi-Fi to even access that. >_>
Or, is it still free to view the shop channel without Wi-Fi if you install points?
lol, i dont think you understand the overall internet/wi-fi thing.

all wii systems have the ability to wirelessly connect to the internet (wi-fi), and to nintendo's servers for playing strikers charged (along with online DS games). the browser that was free originally but now costs money is simply an internet browser, like internet explorer on your computer. its how you go to websites and browse the net. if you dont want to surf the net on your wii, then theres no reason to buy the internet browser.

the shop channel is not run through the internet browser. all that is required is that you have an internet connection, either wireless or wired with a wii usb adapter, in your home/whereever your wii is. the same goes for weather/news/other random channels on your wii, as well as online games. you dont have to buy anything/pay money to use them (unless you need a usb adapter for a wired connection).

wi-fi is simply nintendo's cool term for stuff that uses the internet.

and about that wiimote connection problem, if you can get even one wiimote connected to your system, just press the home button on that controller, then click 'wii remote settings' at the bottom, then 'reconnect'. follow some easy instructions to connect all the wiimotes.

if you cant even get one wiimote connected to your system, and pressing the sync buttons on a wiimote and the system at the same time does nothing, then try pulling the batteries out of the wiimote for a few minutes, and try again. if that still fails...then that sucks.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
petre said:
and about that wiimote connection problem, if you can get even one wiimote connected to your system, just press the home button on that controller, then click 'wii remote settings' at the bottom, then 'reconnect'. follow some easy instructions to connect all the wiimotes.
That's only a temporary sync. It'll disconnect when you sshut off the Wii. To permanently sync you have to use the buttons.

now this really pisses me off.

Cubed3 said:
Nintendo has been seeing a lot of support from Ubisoft since the release of the innovative Wii console, with DS support also ramping up as of late. However, it seems that the French company is seemingly just after making a quick buck.

Speaking to Reuters at the Games Convention in Leipzig last week, the company's CEO Yves Guillemot has revealed that its casual line-up for the Wii and DS is an "extremely profitable" business. What will come as a bit of a blow to Nintendo gamers, though, is that rather than pumping some of this profit into grand-scale Wii projects, the money made is being used to finance the expensive development costs of Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 projects!
I officially hate ubisoft. Now we see why red steel had problems. Looks like RS2 won't be funded well either. Stupid ****ing french.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's mighty funny. I don't think Wii will be taken too seriously after all. We're probably going to stuck in this casual stream for a long long time. Let's just hope Ubisoft didn't give any other people ideas.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Wow, Chared. That is really shocking. I don't even know what to say. I'll just wait to see what happens before overeacting. It makes me wonder though how many other 3rd parties share the casual for Wii hardcore for PS3/360 mentality? It's true that casual games have been a massive success on the Wii but they can't be the only way to succed right?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm detecting strong waves of sarcasm from that post. Which is annoying. I just was posting that because it's the first time a 3rd party has actually talked about doing that.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What's Nintendo doing? No news on hard drives? I heard some of you guys are near/out of space on your Wii.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQ1ep73mC8
Finally, some gameplay of Mushroom Men. This game intrigues me so much.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/817/817116p1.html
IGN has a 3 page impression of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for Wii. Apparantly, the controls are pretty close to Metroid standards. Oh, and you can change the bounding box, so it's highly customizable. It has an arcade mode that's like a lightgun game, and IGN said that it was better than Umbrella Chronicles.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQ1ep73mC8
Finally, some gameplay of Mushroom Men. This game intrigues me so much.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/817/817116p1.html
IGN has a 3 page impression of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for Wii. Apparantly, the controls are pretty close to Metroid standards. Oh, and you can change the bounding box, so it's highly customizable. It has an arcade mode that's like a lightgun game, and IGN said that it was better than Umbrella Chronicles.
Wow, thank you for this post. First of all, I hadn't heard of Mushroom Men, which looks pretty cool, and an online FPS would be freakin awesome for the wii, I can't wait. I was going to buy Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, but Medal of Honor Heroes 2 seems like the better buy now.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Ugh, I'm having that same Wiimote sync problem guys. I only have 1 Remote and it won't sync up at all wuith the console. I've held the sync buttons for like over a whole minute, nothing. I've tried every button on the remote, putting it in standby, turned off, uplugged in and plugged it back in, it still won't work. This is frikkin annoying.

Just yesterday it was working fine. I think it might be the batteries I'm using but I'm not sure. Last time I used this kind, they would inexplicably die if I left them without use for a couple days. They might be temporarily screwing up my remotes. What do you think?

EDIT: I got it to work by deleting all syncs from the console and press the sync buttons as directed by the nintendo website.

It turns out that holding the sync button on the Wii console will actually clear all syncs from the console o.o;;

So anyway, it's all good.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I was being serious.
oops. sorry.

It's just hard to be sure on t3h I|\|t3R|\|3t$.

wiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

btw i love the fact that MP3 doesn't require separate friend codes. It just uses the ones you have already registered. Hopes for other games as well, eh?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
btw i love the fact that MP3 doesn't require separate friend codes. It just uses the ones you have already registered. Hopes for other games as well, eh?
Good, that report a while ago was right, they should carry over into every online game. :)

Wait what? MP3's got FC's? Someone able to tell me spoiler free what they do?:confused:

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
it's not much. while in the game, doing certain things get you friend vouchers. when you send a friend voucher to someone they get a friend point(so you trade vouchers with them). There are several other types of point for various things. these points are redeemed for valuable prizes! No, really. There's the gallery, soundtrack, and bonus sections, and bonus is the only one that needs friend points(in addition to the other types), but it has cool stuff. There are bumper stickers for your ship, which you get one of for each of the following games on your save data -wii sports, wii play, zelda TP, super paper mario, and MP3. There's also a mii bobblehead of your mii that goes in your ship, and the screenshot tool which can then be sent to the message board. There are also dioramas.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Shame I have to wait til November :urg:

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Good, that report a while ago was right, they should carry over into every online game. :)
No no no no.

It's just the Wii FC's that are used for MP3, not, say, the same ones you might use for Mario Strikers Charged or PBR.

And I think that report was either inaccuratley translated, or they were just trying to cover it up.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Lol, I was going to edit in about I was too lazy to check, but yah if someone did already, my bad.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
he knows, that was the whole point of my first post that he responded to.
Mr. GAW said that because awhile ago Mic mentioned that the Strikers codes might be tied to your Mii meaning the same code for every game. Now we use the Wii codes in Prime and he is mentioning a similar report. However ,and this is what Mr.G was talking about, the Miicode article was incorrect so there is no reason to assume 'this will carry over into every online game'.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Mr. GAW said that because awhile ago Mic mentioned that the Strikers codes might be tied to your Mii meaning the same code for every game. However ,and this is what Mr.G was talking about, the Miicode article was incorrect so there is no reason to assume 'this will carry over into every online game'.
Fixd.

Omitted:

Now we use the Wii codes in Prime and he is mentioning a similar report.
I didn't know there was a similar report. I thought Mic was under the impression that MP3 used Miicodes and not Wiicodes.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
My bad.

I thought Mic was mentioning a new article but he was refering to the one we already know about. So yeah, MP doesn't use the striker codes.

Top Bottom