• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
batallioin wars on wii is going to be great. if i remember correctly, you couldnt command units from the top view before, you could just get an overview of the map... that will be a pretty neat feature. and 15 multiplayer missions...thats awesome. cant wait for this game.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

360 degrees. How clever. My Pre-Cal teacher was abysmal, though, so I never really did all that well in learning those concepts. Well, except that, which I learned really well 'cause I realized that she was teaching it in an over complicated way.

So guys, I'm not going to have my Wii until probably around Christmas...it makes me very sad. Hopefully you guys can tell me about how awesome some things are and what NOT to buy.

No Super Metroid/Prime 3/Smash/Galaxy/BWii...sigh.

[Edit:]

Do we know the release dates for all of these games? This is a leaked list of the EU release schedule...take a look.
Infendo said:
Wii Dates

Avatar: Der Herr der Elemente 2 - November 2007 - 49.99 Euro
Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen - November 2007 - 49.99 Euro
Barbie Island Princess - 22.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
Carnival Games - 17.09.2007 - 29.99 EUR
Canis Canem Edit (Bully) - Oktober 2007 - 49.99 Euro
Cars Mater-National 15.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
Crash of the Titans - Dezember 2007 - 49.99 Euro
Dewy’s Adventure - 16.10.2007 - 49.99 Euro
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - 8.11.2007 - 59.99 Euro
Endless Ocean - 9.11.2007 - 39.99 Euro
Ghost Squad - November 2007 - 59.99 Euro
Guitar Hero 3 Bundle - 08.11.2007 - 99.99 Euro
Godzilla: Unleashed - 22.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody - 19.10.2007 - 39.99 Euro
Indoor Sports (Konami) - Dezember 2007 - 29.99 Euro
LEGO Star Wars II: Die Klassische Saga - 08.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - 30.11.2007 - 59.99 Euro
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption - 26.10.2007 - 49.99 Euro
MySims - 20.09.2007 - 49.99 Euro
NBA Live 08 - 11.10.2007 - 59.99 Euro
Need for Speed ProStreet - November 2007 - 49.99 Euro
Nights: Journey of Dreams - 23.11.2007 - 59.99 Euro
Pimp My Ride - 22.11.2007 - 39.99 Euro
Puppy Luv (Activision) - 22.11.2007 - 29.99 Euro
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - 30.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
RTL Winter Sports 2008 - November 2007 - 49.99 Euro
Simpsons: Das Spiel - 02.11.2007 - 39.99 Euro
Super Mario Galaxy - 16.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
Table Tennis - Oktober 2007 - 39.99 Euro
Thrillville Off the Rail - Oktober 2007 - 59.99 Euro
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - November 2007 - 59.99 Euro
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 7.12.2007 - 59.99 Euro
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 - November 2007 - 59.99 Euro
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure - 7.12.2007 - 49.99 Euro
Cool, huh?

And I will have it for Thanksgiving Break, I suppose. Heh...

And it's a ***** and a half editting/posting things today. Are the boards just being laggy, or is it me?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
wait why aren't you going to again? Not taking it to college? If it's that don't you get a thanksgiving break?

sweet, i was slightly depressed that although maryland has T3 internets (w00t) it had no Wifi in dorms. now though, i have a cheap $35 router from netgear which works perfectly fine, just have to see how fast it is tomorrow when i move in.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Avoid Monkey Ball Banana Blitz at all costs. I swear they did not test that game for themselves to see if it was actually any fun. Every game takes two tries to figure out how to even play correctly much less beat anyone. It is either that or all us Idahoans are really slow. :laugh:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is a leaked list of the EU release schedule...take a look.Cool, huh?
Not really, Brawl and Mario Kart aren't on it :(

EDIT: Double blarg. IGN has an interview with Ni Aus's head of marketing who said that Smash Bros Melee (-.-) is coming Q1 2008. So much for the hope we'd get it before January.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Gamestop Robbed

Read that article, its hilarious.
LOL, that reminds me of everytime I go to Best Buy. There are like 30 stacked up PS3's, and they seldomly have 360's, and once I saw a line for like a few Wiis they randomly got, and it had a huge line. That friggen dumb a**! :laugh:

Sensai

Smash Master
Mclovin?

PS3s?

What is this world coming to.
You're only furthering the false idea that that movie was funny/good at all...

Mic, that REALLY sucks about Brawl, if it ends up being a legit list....sowwy. And I'm pretty sure Mario Kart's going to be Q1 'o8 in Japan/the States, so....jeah. No big thing, there.

I'm posting this next bit of news with a bit of a warning: it might make some fanboys go crazy. That, and it needs to be taken with a little salt...

The Wii has surpassed the Xbox360 in terms of total worldwide sales....at least, according to VG Charts.
http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=508

I post this as it's news that pertains to the Wii. Let's NOT make this some type of console wars thing.

Also, both Top Spin AND Table Tennis have been confirmed for the Wii.
http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=508

Sensai

Smash Master
Ack. I read your edit and even made a note of it in my head...but still, nothing. It's late as hell here, but it's no excuse for illiteracy. My b. In that case, double sowwy.

And no, Superbad wasn't 'hilarious.' It was, just as titled, super bad. Really really really bad. The only thing that could be decent about it is if you happened to view it as a social commentary. And then...it's still sub-par.

Lemme put it in simple terms: if I were thirteen again and thought lots of swearing and sex jokes out the wazoo were funny, I'd've loved it. Seeing as how I'm not thirteen....it was super bad.

(I also didn't like Borat. For pretty much the same reason, actually...)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Actually, to be honest, I didn't like Superbad or Borat...yeah, I am with Sensai..It wasn't that great..now, Kung Pow on the other hand...

Oh and finally Wii surpassed the 360..it was only a matter of time before it did.

Sensai

Smash Master
Y'know, I fear it's only going to make Nintendo more of an asshat about this whole 'casual gaming' thing. Yes, Nintendo, we get it. It's a good idea and plenty of people love it...but what about those of us who are the loyal fans?

To be fair though, the next 4 months are lookin' downright tasty...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Darn it, I don't even know where to start, mutli quote isn't working either so I guess I'll just post off the top of my head:

Me and Mic are in the same boat. An old game last gen game costs around $45 USD, new, $40 USD used, after conversions. A Xbox 360 game costs around $115-$130 USD new, I haven't seen any used. I haven't seen any Wii games and I don't remembr the PS3 prices. A PS3 costs around $1300 USD here though.

I'd love to try Red Steel, I love FPS' and a love a little melee combat mixed in, I'd buy it, seeing as there's not much to buy anyway.

I haven't watched those movies mentioned earlier, but if it's about sex jokes and swearing, then I wouldn't like it. That's why America Pie - Naked Mile was barely funny to me.

The robbery is probably going to try to sell the PS3, it's worth more than everything else in the store so technically he was kinda smart. Also note he doesn't play games much or he'd know Halo was an Xbox exclusive.

That's all I can remember.

Oh and BW2 ftw.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Superbad was so awesome. It captured high school so well. But that's for the Superbad topic in the Media Metropolis.

HURRR.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
All I know is that XBOX 360 has the best FPSs, Wii has the best platformers, and PS3 has the best third-persons and RPG's. Until FABLE 2 comes out, and I'll take back the XBOX360 my brother took when he moved out(AND my Oblivion copy)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey any reason Kid Icarus wii (not official, IGN put a page for it whenever it were to be revealed) is the most viewed game on IGN??

Did I miss anything?

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Was wondering that too. It does seem a little odd, huh? I guess a lotta people just REALLY want some Kid Icarus?

Also...this is probably one of the funniest things I've seen on IGN. You should take a look. It's Cassamassina and Bozon playing 'That Samus Game' (MP3), but they're not allowed to talk about it or show it.
http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/745/745202/vid_2090686.html

Priceless.

Jeah, I've posted 2 times in the past 3 minutes in this one thread. Deal with it.

[Edit:]

Owwie, it burns...

Volrec

Smash Lord
Do the Mii's have their own friend code so i dont get a different one for each game? I'm thinking of replacing my Wii number with my friend code(<------------), since Wii Numbers are almost pointless unless you want Mii's

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Honestly, I can't answer your question but I think personally just using your friend code is better. I have thought about the Mii's having their own but never new. Also because I hate how people will say your Mii looks like you if you didn't intentionally do that..It's such a drag sometimes if you know what I mean..

Sensai

Smash Master
There was a bit of a rumor going on about that earlier, though..I think it was just lost in translation from French to English. Keep your Wii # until Brawl comes out, and then we can use whatever THAT number is.

I too was going to post about Manhunt 2. Anyone going to be pickin' it up? I probably won't, simply because it doesn't interest me anymore (sad, but true).

Also...here's the official release schedule for Europe for the next few months. I can't copy/paste it...so here's the link.
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=89jrftS1pVrPRFHXwoueNuR9T4bKCNx_

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Here is some info on that Manhunt Two for North America-

"Officials from Take-Two publishing label Rockstar Games have finally confirmed that a “modified version” of the studio's controversial Manhunt 2 will be released in North America on October 31 for the Wii, PlayStation 2, and PSP with an M rating."

Yeah, I won't be buying it either. Never was into it. Release on Halloween though.

I don't know if this is old but apparently the WiiXT is a Modchip that enables DVD playback onto the Wii. I knew the Wii used a DVD drive and I guess they are making[or made]the hardware to encode that info.

Stryks

Smash Hero
OMG Just what I feared, instead of making an absolute epic commercial of prime 3... they made a Wii want to play commercial...

Seriously nintendo cmon, MP3 is for the hardcore gamer, give us something epic, and mercy on you if you do that for brawl...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
All I know is that XBOX 360 has the best FPSs, Wii has the best platformers, and PS3 has the best third-persons and RPG's. Until FABLE 2 comes out, and I'll take back the XBOX360 my brother took when he moved out(AND my Oblivion copy)
This makes me sad... :(

narmerguy

Smash Cadet
I don't want the same FPS crap that xbox and playstation have (way too many and nothing is really different in how they play), but the Wii needs to include some decent fps and I'm hoping MP3 will be a good beginning for this. I feel like some of the serious updates are way too few and far between sometimes :(

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
we just have to hope the medal of honor games makes a good run. If it does, we'll see more companies tryin FPS's, and hopefully trying harder and succeeding.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
OMG Just what I feared, instead of making an absolute epic commercial of prime 3... they made a Wii want to play commercial...

Seriously nintendo cmon, MP3 is for the hardcore gamer, give us something epic, and mercy on you if you do that for brawl...
Actually, it makes more sense to make a "Wii would like to play" commercial for Brawl than it does for Corruption. Brawl is a party game, first and foremost. Anybody can play. Corruption isn't like that.

we just have to hope the medal of honor games makes a good run. If it does, we'll see more companies tryin FPS's, and hopefully trying harder and succeeding.
If the new Bond game comes to Wii, hopefully it has great controls and Goldeneye/Agent Under Fire-caliber multiplayer.

EDIT: Oh, and you guys should really try Wiicade. They have some great games there. I'm obsessed with the Bubble Bobble game.

Top Bottom