• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It took less than a minute for me, but the buffering took 5 minutes for the first vid, and around 15 for the second.

After it buffers once, though you can watch it as much as you want without wait.

Sensai

Smash Master
****. I thought I was bringin' news about the whole Metroid/Super Metroid/MP3 thing...****. It sucks to wake up so late.

Now I can turn on my Wii again! Yay! I can turn it on, update it and then watch vids! And this really makes me believe that maybe Nintendo has some small idea what's going down...yay again!

Here's some more news! (!)

Online Smash possibly confirmed? Japanese release date set for November 22nd? Check it out.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/10/rumor-coro-coro-magazine-confirms-online-brawling/

More Mario Galaxy scans. Boo Mario...weird.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178737

Ah, not much news at all.

Has anyone gotten Boogie (is it even out yet)? The reviews are very very odd, ranging from not too shabby (80ish) to downright ****ty (30, exactly). What gives?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah, it's nice. There's 2 of them, and 2 more come out on the 13th.

They are probably around 2 min. each, and the first one reminded me of emo Peter Parker, but overall, they're great. It just takes forever to buffer.

The first one is more like a trailer, and the second one shows gameplay.

I'm really looking forward to it.

And Mic, do YOU already have Prime?
Hmmm, ok I'll check youtube to see if they have anything, I doubt they will be it's worth a try. MP3 is coming out the 27th of August right? I'm starting to forget the date.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hmmm, ok I'll check youtube to see if they have anything, I doubt they will be it's worth a try. MP3 is coming out the 27th of August right? I'm starting to forget the date.
IGN has the videos.

You're correct about the date.

EDIT:

And Cashed, you should check out the Wii-k in Review over at IGN. It makes fun of people who discredit Matt C. because of the Halo DS project. :)

Well, that, and everybody should check it out, 'cause they're always great podcasts.

Stryks

Smash Hero
It took me more than 3 hours to FINALLY download the MP3 preview yesterday... AND IT WAS WORTH IT!!

I absolutely love the trailer, its sick and it looks plain awesome, the whole: what scares her the most... is that she likes it... reminded me of hulk and spiderman, still it was too awesome for words...

the gameplay looks very sweet, but what the hell with the uber fast shooting, thats unreal...

yay for good guy hunters... I hope at least ONE of the MPH makes it in...

I really wanna see the aurora vid, the spider ball doesnt intrigue me...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I downloaded the Metroid thing after receiving the message from Nintendo about it today. Took me about 7 minutes to download. I was expecting it to, you know, include the trailers on it just ready to be played. I was disappointed when it just serves as a link to a Metroid-Wii-interactive website that you have to buffer the trailers on. I only watched the first trailer until it started to buffer, where I said screw it and went back to the Wii menu. Caught the whole narration thing though. Felt weird for a Metroid game.

GAW, good to hear that Matt continually tries to say "you can't prove me wrong!" about the Halo DS thing, but then again, he can't prove himself right. I'm not about to listen to the entire Wii-k in Review podcast just to hear that though. He would've been better off just never mentioning the whole Halo DS thing, as then I wouldn't have a problem at least considering some of the things he has to say.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, he says he's gonna try and get some video's up. That'd be sweet.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
So it's the 13th, and for some reason I can't play the two other preview videos in the Metroid Prime 3 Preview channel....

Anyone know how we're supposed to get them??

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
So it's the 13th, and for some reason I can't play the two other preview videos in the Metroid Prime 3 Preview channel....

Anyone know how we're supposed to get them??
i dont know, i was just about to post here about the same exact thing....i already checked the shop channel to see if you needed to update the preview channel, but theres nothing there.

EDIT: whoa, i thought the release date was pushed back to august 27th...in the preview channel, below the movie links, it says 'Metriod Prime 3 in Stores August 28th!' More Movies August 13th!'

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
i dont know, i was just about to post here about the same exact thing....i already checked the shop channel to see if you needed to update the preview channel, but theres nothing there.

EDIT: whoa, i thought the release date was pushed back to august 27th...in the preview channel, below the movie links, it says 'Metriod Prime 3 in Stores August 28th!' More Movies August 13th!'
Yea, I noticed that too...and hopefully the other two videos will be online soon...

I don't know if anyone has said this already, but if you minimize the movie window, there are five icons in the smaller version of it in the bottom left corner....so that most likely means 5 videos in total.

That is if they ever update the preview channel!!

Edit: I eat my words, new videos for the Metroid Preview channel are up. And in total there will be more than 5....

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
All dates that nintendo announces themsleves are the day the game ships, the game can't be recieved by anyone until the next day.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys seriously, anbyone saw the aurora vid and automatically tought Mother Brain? I mean it was built 20 years from the present day, and samus is like what? 25ish? that would make sense, when she was a kid mother brain was just built I think...

MP3 FTW!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, can't wait. We've go 2 more vids on the 16th, too. Well, the 17th, if they're delayed again.

In the spiderball vid, what was that where Samus was like floating through the air? Was the wind carrying her?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hmm. I guess it's because I've only played the Primes.

I've never played all those old 2D ones. Maybe I'll get Metriod on the VC.
Still, I should've known that from SSBM.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I will warn anyone who posts MP3 spoilers, even if this isn't my room.

EDIT: In this topic I mean

Sensai

Smash Master

Sandy

Smash Champion
Has anyone gotten the new Wii update?

The latest system update fixes a supposed known glitch with the Wii's Opera browser. Apparently, some have had their system lock up while using the thing, which this new update so happens to correct. Also, the update adds some stability to the Wii LAN adapter.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ah, great memories of MK64 are coming back to life. I hope this one ends up more like that and less like DD.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I was reading an article on IGN, regarading the advertisement of MP3, and I found a little paragraph that might interest you guys

http://wii.ign.com/articles/812/812941p1.html

To answer one of your other comments, we still have a lot of our more traditional marketing efforts planned. People will see it all shortly, from ads to many of the usual tactics we use to support our key products. Plus: a few more surprises like the Metroid Prime 3 Preview. And no, I'm still not going to spoil the fun and tell you about it ahead of time!
Is she hinting at a playable demo? Or even more previews for different games!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Surely it means a demo. Seriously? What else? Printable MP3 stickers?

(Actually, I wouldn't put it passed them.) :(

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Anyone get the new Metroid Preview videos yet? Just checkin'

Mario Kart Wii will be awesome, even if online play is 8 people, as long as battle mode is online I'm happy.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Guys seriously, anbyone saw the aurora vid and automatically tought Mother Brain? I mean it was built 20 years from the present day, and samus is like what? 25ish? that would make sense, when she was a kid mother brain was just built I think...

MP3 FTW!
Sorry, I know this was a while back, but yeah, I agree totally with you. Anybody who doubts it, first of all go back and watch it again and look for these things:
A) The shape of the in game aurora. Looks exactly like Mother Brain
B) At the part where the narrator starts to talk about"the Vast Network Linking" them all together , look at the background. It looks exactly like the area you have to go thru to get to the MB in the original mother brain, and a figure at the end looks like MB.

So I guess we are seeing the MB return... SWEET!!!!

D1

Banned via Administration
Has anyone gotten the new Wii update?

The latest system update fixes a supposed known glitch with the Wii's Opera browser. Apparently, some have had their system lock up while using the thing, which this new update so happens to correct. Also, the update adds some stability to the Wii LAN adapter.
You know what's awesome about Nintendo?

(For those that have modded Wii's they warn us: "To those who have made technical modifcations to their Wii console this update will render the system inoperable. If you do not wish to update your console please hold the power button for 4 seconds to shut down the Wii console."

O_o

Wow go Nintendo!

Warning pirates that their 200 bux might go down the drain if they download the update...I give Nintendo respect for doing that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't see the use of modding a Wii anyway, Xbox is much more fun to mod. And no I don't have a modded Xbox but I've played one.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'd much rather mod a Wii than an Xbox. With a Wii there's a bunch of games that I'd love to try out, and games I'm sure that would be nice to have for when friends are around but worthless by yourself, but I don't want to pay $30-$50 for them.

Top Bottom