• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think I'm gonna get some new free wrist straps just 'cause mine are a little brown from sweat/ my friends dirty hands.

(Not the actual strap, just the part that connects it. )

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
New firmware update is out! It gives you digital time at the bottom of the main screen, ooooooooooh! Also, loads time are slightly faster now, but most people probably won't notice anything. Be sure to check out the Shop Channel after the update, there has been a huge overhaul.

Sensai

Smash Master
Super Mario Galaxy and BWii box art. Take note of the WiFi sticker on BWii. Yes, I know, it's not news that it'll have it...but it makes me happy.
http://www.infendo.com/wii/more-box-art-super-mario-galaxy-and-battalion-wars-2/
Nintendo said:
Channels:
Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar
Forecast Channel now displays the current condition directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box
News Channel can now show 2 scrolling headlines at a time in the Wii Menu, 3 when you click on the button
Message Board now has the "Today's Accomplishments" message as a white message which allows it to stand out from other messages
Address Book entries can now be shifted around using A+B but only to empty spaces.
Calendar in Message Board no longer shows "Today's Accomplishment"
Scrolling messages in the Message Board now uses a different sound

Wii Shop Channel
New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost. The title bar can be clicked on to bring up a list of 20 recommended games.
Titles You've Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
New ways to browse
Popular Titles
Newest Additions remains the same
Search for a title which can use partial names
Search by Category
Search by Publisher
Search by Genre
System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each

Settings
Pre-system update warning details that technically modified consoles may cease to function upon being updated. Also the only way to not accept an update is to power down the console by holding the button for 4 seconds.
Official patch notes...

Not actually Nintendo, per se...but still worth a watch. Halo 2 running with a Wii remote.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/07/wii60-in-action-wiimote-halo-2/

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
That's effin awesome.

But, my Wii Shop won't load, even though I know for a fact my internet is working, since I've been playing Strikers all day. It kinda pisses me off. :(

Oh yeah, BWii is going to be insanley fun.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah. I'm really really lookin' forward to it.

Given...I probably won't have my Wii. In fact, I think I'm not going to have it until Xmas due to college and strict parents.

Sensai

Smash Master
From all perspectives, it seems like BWii was announced...and then quickly not talked about again. Seriously, we've heard almost nothing since last year's Leipzeig (spelling) thing....

Oh, and something else that the Wii patch did: add support for USB keyboards. Yep, you heard right. And no, it's not as good as you think. It does NOT work on the Internet channel at all. It DOES however work on the Shop Channel and for the Message Board.

Baby steps are better then no steps, I suppose.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am going to test the USB keyboard update!

If you're lying... I'm gonna break your face...

Tails Lord

Smash Rookie
I was looking at what we got from the update(I updated) and what on wii is a usb keyboard used for if not for the internet channel?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, think about it, guys. The first step to keyboard compatibility is a firmware update so that the hardware can even recognize the presence of a keyboard. DONE! I suspect there will be an Internet Channel update in the next month or so granting full keyboard access now that the console can recognize keyboards.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I was looking at what we got from the update(I updated) and what on wii is a usb keyboard used for if not for the internet channel?
sending messages to people on your friends list?
Submitting questions on everybody votes?
Searching for a specific title on the VC?

There's plenty of uses.

Sensai

Smash Master
I wouldn't say that I expect full Internet keyboard functionality within a month...I'd say I expect it when they update next.

Which, given the current rate....will be around Christmas.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Here's an intresting tidbit:

I was checking my Wii Shop channel because it hadn't been working, but this time it did work. I figured I would browse around, because who knew the next time I would be able to get in.

Anyways, I went to Wii Ware, and realized that I had never downloaded the new Internet channel. (I still had trial version.) Anyways, this was sort of upsetting, because I knew I would have to pay for it.

Except I didn't. It said: Internet Channel and listed it as 0 Wii Points. So I got it, and it works perfectly.

But what the hell? I thought it would cost money after June something or another. I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering what happened. Maybe it had something to do with Update 3.0. Or maybe I didn't have to pay since I had the trial version. Anyways, I'm happy. :)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
GAW, I THINK it's considered an update, which are free, if it isn't, you technically downloaded it earlier (when you bought the trial)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
says the guy who's undoubtedly going to get the halo 3 sucker's collector's edition
Collector's edition, definitely. Legendary? Hells no! And do you honestly think that an attachment that doesn't absolutely nothing to the game is worth it while extra actual content you can watch, use, read, etc. isn't worth it? You come off very bitter.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^ You're obviously not a Zelda fanboy if you think it would add nothing to the game, as it would make it oh-so much more fun for me.

Not that it's a bad thing. If anything, it's good not to be a fanboy.

Just saying, 20 bucks for something that's gonna make me feel more into the game isn't too bad. I don't think buying that would be any less of a waste than buying a Classic Controller.

Just my 2 cents.

D

Deleted member

Collector's edition, definitely. Legendary? Hells no! And do you honestly think that an attachment that doesn't absolutely nothing to the game is worth it while extra actual content you can watch, use, read, etc. isn't worth it? You come off very bitter.
Then you come off as very elitist. While you might get off to some fat guys talking about making Halo 3, GAW may enjoy the sense of reality he gets.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yet buying the Classic Controller you gain access to games that you couldn't play before. Buying two things that snap onto your controller to make you feel more "immersed" for $20 isn't worth it at all to me. You're playing the game the same way you did before with this $20 add-on, but now instead of your Wiimote controller being worth $60 total, it's worth $80, oh yeah!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yet buying the Classic Controller you gain access to games that you couldn't play before. Buying two things that snap onto your controller to make you feel more "immersed" for $20 isn't worth it at all to me. You're playing the game the same way you did before with this $20 add-on, but now instead of your Wiimote controller being worth $60 total, it's worth $80, oh yeah!
I have heard of no game that can be played with ONLY the classic controller. I could be terribly mistaken, but what games are these?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I thought all of those can be played with a GC controller, as well- but once again, I could be wrong. I remember playing Kid Icarus with just the Wiimote, and that says "You will need a CC." as well when booting up.

If I'm correct in saying that there isn't a game that can be played with ONLY the CC, I think it would be a fair item to use comparing to the LoZ sword and sheild, as it just offers a different way to play.

This isn't really worth argueing though.

I admit I probably AM a total loser for wanting the LoZ kit, but I do, and I'm not denying it.

I think it's worth it, you obviously don't. There's nothing left to discuss here.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
There are no Virtual console games that require the CC AT. Every VC game says the CC is required, but you can still use the GC controller. Why is Cashed always coming to the Wii threads and bashing. If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all jeesh. Go play Halo 2 or watch your halo 3 trailer for the 50th time, and get excited about a game that's basically the same thing with new levels and new weapons. At least with Zelda there's a huge difference in games, compared to FPS, where they all have the same premise. Kill everything, don't use your brain, kill more things, beat the next level, get cooler guns, continue to shoot things. Alright! Wait Wait Wait! Now, we're doing it in a forest, instead of a grassy plain! Cool Stuff.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Quick, I gotz 600 Wii points what should I get!? (Not Kidding)

Lol, when I first saw the LoZ kit I was like..."A little too late Ninty" Since I beat TLoZ:TP a long time ago..Even though I would get it because I love LoZ.

So far I got these games reserved: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, and SSBB. I'm wondering if BWii is reservable...so far those games will keep me way too busy..

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Alright. Bashing any of mods will result in the closure of this topic. There is really no reason to call out Cashed for posting where ever he **** well pleases. Get over yourselves, and stop worshiping a console.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Mastersmash, you can use the GC controller for Super Mario World, but I admit the CC works much better.

Not that it matters. Everyone chill out. Geez, I didn't know my little Zelda kit would cause so much strife.

Top Bottom