• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah, I really would want voice chat in online games. Oh, and a hub/lobby. Why Nintendo hasn't done this is beyond me.

EDIT: Also, I saw No More Heroes, seriously, the game looks dumb IMO.
I saw it too, I was wondering what the fuss was about. I reminds me of that really weird game, Killer 7. I'll wait till it comes out to see what's so great about it.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm incredibly psyched for No More Heroes...I guess I just really enjoy Suda 51 and his philosophy.

Without people screaming obscenities (spelling) at you, it'll seem like playing a computer that's actually pretty difficult which is far better then playing a normal computer who you can learn to beat easily over time.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I saw it too, I was wondering what the fuss was about. I reminds me of that really weird game, Killer 7. I'll wait till it comes out to see what's so great about it.
because they have similar premises(assasins) and they're developed by the same people? That could be why.

I'm not psyched for it (never played Killer 7) but i'm not condemning it. I'll wait until it comes out and we've got reviews and hands on play.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Without people screaming obscenities (spelling) at you, it'll seem like playing a computer that's actually pretty difficult which is far better then playing a normal computer who you can learn to beat easily over time.
Oh, when you play online you'll realize how terrible people are. You also run into people that are amazingly good, but you're more likely to run into people screaming "how do I control this?! What button kicks?!" at their TV.

Silly me, too. I forgot the Wii doesn't have the CPU power for human-like AI.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

I stand corrected. For a moment there I put too much faith in humanity. God dammit I have gotta stop doing that.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
not really, only on mario kart for the ds games i've played. when i played MPH most of the people i played were good at it. if you're playing an insanely popular game like mario kart, i guess that happens.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it would be really sweet it we could use ear sets and chat while battling each other, as well as the number of victories against that player, but I am wondering, will it be free?

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Again, voice chat makes the online experience all the better. Just mute the people who annoy you and you'll be fine.

Sensai

Smash Master
Voice chat can make online play better. It doesn't always make it better, but if done in the right way, it does.

And MKDS is incredibly filled with people who know what they're doing...or at least, that's what it seems like to me. I don't play anymore, but DAMMIT I had at least 2 people who could snake in every single round I played when I used to.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Voice chat can make online play better. It doesn't always make it better, but if done in the right way, it does.

And MKDS is incredibly filled with people who know what they're doing...or at least, that's what it seems like to me. I don't play anymore, but DAMMIT I had at least 2 people who could snake in every single round I played when I used to.
If you're playing something other than a 1 vs 1 game, team chat can only make the game better. If you can't communicate with a team mate though, wtf are you going to do?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, chat would have been nice in the MPH teams tourney we had a year back.

you know, since the wii has bluetooth receptors and signals for the wiimotes, couldn't they have a firmware update to add wireless micsets synced with specific controllers? and plugging headsets into the GC slots wouldn't work for something like SSBB since alot of people will be using those slots for their GC controller :p. It would have to be a USB dongle wireless headset, which has crappy transfer rates(at least it does for mice, bluetooth mice are the beast).

TGM

Smash Lord
I played the 1st soccer game and i wasnt impressed. hope-fully this one will be much better cause of online. i think they should have put other games that are actualy important(MP3) online. but oh well.

Also, if the game comes out today, it will be in stores tomorrow right? cause i can never egt hat right. walmart has it sometimes ebfore its supposed to come out and some times it doesnt.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Nintendo ships games on Monday, they're in stores by Tuesday. Remember this for EVERY game Nintendo publishes so you don't hype yourself up for a specific date and then have to wait another day just saying "I hate GameStop" or where ever you bought it from.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
So they say its out today, but nobody can get till tomorrow. That's some bs, they should just say it comes out the next day then.

Edit: Does Brawl come out on a Monday? If so, I'll be pissed.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
December 3rd is Monday, it will be in stores December 4th. The reason Nintendo's games are like this is because they announce the ship dates for games, not the actual release dates. On other consoles, you'll actually have the stores holding the games for a week or more just to hold it till the release date. Example being Halo 2, each case in the initial shipment had a sticker on the top saying "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/09/04" Stores got the games about two weeks before the game was actually set to release. Nintendo on the other hand says "Hey, we're shipping this game on this day." and doesn't bother to tell you that you'll have to wait till the next day to pick it up.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
because nintendo loves delays. It's their last joke on the gamer. "Tee hee, he thinks he's finally got the release date after all those delays only to discover he has to wait another day!"

I jut had an image of Miyamoto, Iwata, and Reggie having a tea party giggling about it.

Wow, that was weird.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm hoping the rental places have Strikers in tomorrow, and not the next day...I just gotta ask my older bro to rent if for me since I don't have a credit card. XD Or a **** job for that matter lol.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The full title is Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ragnatosk (or Raskotr, depending on the region).

I believe it takes place two years later, and characters from the previous game are confirmed to appear, though not necessarilly to be playble.

And there was already a statue of lloyd, remember in the first game when you help rebuild the town staues of i think it's raine, genus and lloyd get put up.

Sensai

Smash Master
Hey guys. I'm back. Hopefully you didn't miss me too much...

But, here's a good news bump for great justice. Most of it's old (it's news to me! [god, bad pun]), but it's to keep the thread alive and jumpin.....g.

GameStop has listed WiiFit at 69.99.
http://www.infendo.com/all/gamestop-lists-wiifit-at-6999/

Replacement Wii Straps to replace the original replacement Wii Straps.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/20...s-replaced-by-replacement-replacement-straps/

Zoonami (containing such talents as Martin Hollis of Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark fame) likes the Wii. 'Multiple projects.'
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/02/zoonami-happily-dedicated-to-wii/

Endless Ocean is apparently really buggy. (I should have impressions on the game before the end of the week, so I'll have a more personal view on it soon.)
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/20...es-everyone-how-to-sink-a-game-with-nasty-na/

Itagaki (of Ninja Gaiden fame) is thinking about a Wii game...because his kids really want one.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/02/itagakis-kids-want-a-wii-game/

Project O is still in development. If you don't know what Project O is, you should click this link and follow the next link to find out more about it.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/01/project-o-still-rolling-slowly-along/

George Harrison (NOT the Beatle) of Nintendo is retiring...
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/01/gamedaily-says-harrison-is-retiring/

And FINALLY, Miyamoto has hinted about a new Nintendo franchise (IP) coming in 2008. The link's a hefty interview.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/20...dos_super_game_designer_shigeru_miyamoto.html

DONE!

Top Bottom