• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
You guys. super paper mario sucked...and so did TP.

Brawl comes out dec. 3rd...

end thread.

jk of course!

QUICK RANDOM QUESTION!! I just bought Pokemon Pearl. IS IT WORTH IT!?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You guys. super paper mario sucked...and so did TP.

Brawl comes out dec. 3rd...

end thread.

jk of course!

QUICK RANDOM QUESTION!! I just bought Pokemon Pearl. IS IT WORTH IT!?
go die in a hole, SPM rocks. Unless you're j/k about that too. and then awesome.

Didn't nintendo confirm they weren't doing and HDD like a month before E3?

Nintendo didn't get to show most of the stuff that they had planned.Is it because of Qii Fit,or the limited time/space at E3?

I'm thinking that Nintendo will dish the goods out at TGS(Which is very rare to see Nintendo attend).

Sensai

Smash Master
Yes, they did. But they also confirmed a month or two before the Wii released that any given storage unit that plugged in via USB would work.

You see, we're not completely willing to trust them.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
http://kotaku.com/gaming/the-miyamo...ew-collection-part-5-278018.php?autoplay=true

Shiggy discussing wii upgrades. Seems to fit with the topic at hand.

Neways, of course nintendo lies. THey also said the wii would be able to connect to a computer monitor.

EVERY GAMING COMPANY LIES. Saying that the wii will be able to do these things gets people interested, but they're still interested later even if these things get dropped.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Has there been mention of an external hardrive yet? JEEZ. With GH3 getting closer and closer, they really need to get going on that.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I vote they just release a firmware update that supports USB drives. :)

El HP

Smash Ace
I don't know why nintendo doesn't release a HD what's the point of having the USB ports and not use them? where are we going to store the data of the Wiiware software?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I just wanted to bring something up, regarding the Wii Board. I was reading through Digg.com, under the Wii section. And they had a post on there talking about the new Zelda coming out for the Wii and how it's under developement, and how they said it will be much more unique.

And someone brough up the wii board, and how they could turn the next zelda, into a very real life experience. Although it might be tiring, but imagine walking and moving around via the wii board, or at least more advanced sword movements using the wii boards sensativity as seen in the Soccer demo.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Only think I can imagine using that board for in Zelda is swordfighting. Dodging would make it more immersive than simply blocking, because you could swing at the same time.

Other than that, I don't think so.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I guess BWii was pushed back because it was originally scheduled for September.....

also, I can't focus on anything. Too excited about Mario Strikers.

Sensai

Smash Master
Rockstar's bringing their Table Tennis game to the Wii:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rockstar/table-tennis-coming-to-wii-279641.php

Also, on the subject of the Board, SquareEnix said that they were interested in it, also...

Also, LoneJedi, what you're saying is a tad bit out of context. They were talking about the recent success of Phantom Hourglass in Japan and Twilight Princess in the US and how they're 'different' from past Zelda games (PH I can understand, but TP? Show me). THEN the guys said that they wanted to continue mixing things up with the next iteration of the game.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
@Legends: that's ********. Every other hands on escripition says it's a great game. Dunno what happened. Maybe a PSTool managed to steal an admin's account or something O_o.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate crap like Soul Calibur Legends. The 360 and PS3 get Soul Calibur IV, while we get some different Soul Calibur game that has far worse graphics, and is completely different. It was the same with The Tony Hawk Project 8 and Sonic (Although from what I've heard, the Sonic for Wii had better gameplay). It just angers me.

[/rant]

EDIT: 2,700 posts! w00t.

Volrec

Smash Lord
LOL, I went to OFFICIALLY reserve strikers(it was guitar hero until i told them) and got lost, but eh(stupid bus went to a **** hospital)

Theres a trade 2 wii games and get a free one deal ending the 29th. I have Zelda and SPM, beat them and am not in the least bit mood to boot it back up. Should i trade em in for RE4

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

No, as RE4 is a cheap game. Get something awesome like...I dunno. See if you can trade those 2 in and get Strikers.

And ****! The news I was going to post was already posted. Blast!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I just watched the new My Sims trailer, it's similarities to Animal Crossing are many.

Except for building the town, that is.

Sensai

Smash Master
Moderator owned.

News!

Forever Blue! That cool game where you swim around...and stuff. Official site with actual content.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/19/forever-blue-launches-site-with-actual-content/

Here's a really good interview with Shiggy, according to Wii Fanboy. I'm going to read it and if there's anything worth typing up...I will.
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/07/e3-interview-ni.html

[Edit:]

Apparentally....Wii Fit's coming out this year in Japan? Who knew? It's probably gonna sell a bazillion copies...

Miyamoto states that they, Nintendo, aren't going to be working on games specifically for WiiWare, but they do have a lot of ideas that aren't always fleshed out, so they might show up on there at some point.

Wii Music, according to Miyamoto when asked if it would arrive in Japan this year, 'might be good for some year next time.'

That's it. Not too much meat, actually....not regarding the Wii, anyways. But **** I do love reading about Shiggy.

[/edit]

And....Bully's coming to the Wii.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/19/bully-scholarship-edition-coming-to-xbox-360-and-wii/

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I predict more parental concern and bull**** campaigns by Jack*** Thompson. I never played Bully though, it never interested me.

And what's with all these Wii'x' titles? It's getting out of hand soon there'll be Wiilive, Wiilearn, Wiidrive, and even WiiWii!

Sandy

Smash Champion
Miyamoto on bringing back Kid Icarus and Mother
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=15408

I like the idea of a Prince of Persia-like Kid Icarus, that would be great. Actually, what would be better would be a God of War-like Kid Icarus but we know that wouldn't happen thanks to Nintendo...

As for Earthbound I'd like to see it come to the DS instead. I believe it would work much better in 2d than in 3d, and hell why not bundle some older Earthbound games in that we never got before, stupid people!

Resident Evil 5 - Full Scans from Famitsu
http://gamers-creed.com/?p=65.

Now that female looks like Claire to be honest. As much as I thought Jill, it looks like Claire.
But it might be Sherry, as it has been 10 years and that means she is 22 right now, and we can’t say how she looks like, so yeah. Sexy looking though. Lol.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
For some reason I can't see the slideshow of RE 5 =(

That ToS sequel makes Wii a must-have now. Perfect icing on the cake of big hits [MP3, Brawl, SMG etc.]

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
ToS is probably the best RPG I've ever played. That game was the ****.

Volrec

Smash Lord

AKA

QUOTE(C. Doriga)
We're almost running out of time, one last question: Are you going to include SEGA's mascot, Sonic The Hedgehog?
QUOTE(M. Sakurai)
Well... That's a tough question, I'll tell you that Sonic's already in the game, but we're still waiting for a last confirmation from SEGA. Due to the proximity of the game's release, SEGA's deadline to submit their confirmation is the 26th this month, and in that date the official site will be updated about the inclusion o not of SEGA's mascot in the game. I'm personally crossing my fingers.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That pretty much confirms he is in the game. There is no way Sega wouldn't put the confirmation through. Cool!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't hate Sonic, I'm not a big fan either so I'll be fine either way.

Good find [if it's real].

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I hope it's true.

Does anyone know of any more online games this year? Some guy at gamestop told me the only online game would be Pokemon. :(

Is this true? I know Brawl is going to be online though... I hope.

Top Bottom