• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow I'm still in last gen. I finally got my mom to buy me some PS2 games *gasp* online! YAAAAY *ahem* I can't get a Wii though, the price is too high due to taxes and other bull**** that pisses me off to no end.

Anyway, if I DID have a Wii, I wouldn't buy that many peripherals because quite frankly, half of them suck.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

You're being entirely too generous. More then half of them suck. In fact, all but maybe 1% of them suck. And now I'm being too generous.

I'll be getting the Wii-l solely because it's going to be packed in with Kart. If I get Wii Fit (dunno yet), I'll have that. I may, MAY get a zapper solely because I ****in' love those arcade type games. It just wouldn't be the same with only my Wii remote.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I've decided to get Strikers on launch day, and MK Wii. Guitar hero can um, i'm sorry to say this, but kiss my balls. For real.

brawl? I'll get later. Parallax will have it anyway so I can go for early pwnage. And Wifi hasnt even been confirmed yet.

Once again, online play for the win.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hmmm...

Ima have to kill you, Volrec. Sorry, but Guitar Hero pwns you. And GH will make you kiss IT's balls, and you're gonna like it.

Sensai

Smash Master
GH3 will probably be a buy it the first day....dunno why. I'm not even that big of a fan of the game.

Actually, I do know why. I'll need some game to break the ice and get other people into video games where I'm going. And then after they're into vidgames....Smash time.

Sensai

Smash Master
Not even that. I predict that the multiplayer is just so that you can attempt to introduce a friend to it.

I can hardly imagine anyone seriously playing this game in a multiplayer fashion.

[Edit:]

No more news trailers from E3 about Brawl. Confirmed by IGN.

Metroid Prime 3 apparently plays like a dream...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803978p1.html

And Animal Crossing Wii...might not even be in development yet.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/804/804275p1.html

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh God, it just occurred to me that Contra could very well be the 'classic' game that everyone was thinking of. Or did they say it was a Nintendo IP?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt it, I mean contra is from konami, and they were still making contra games a few years back, remember playing one in PS2... I doubt it highly...

Still WTF is going on wheres the Ninty Shindig? all we got our 2 fat guys tlaking about an RPG...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Maybe Nintendo will pull a Brawl and throw out a trailer when we've given up all hope.

EDIT: Oh, these tidbits of news are good and bad.
GoNintendo said:
Our very own Lube had a chance to sit down with Beth Llewelyn, and came away with some interesting info. I will have to edit the entire interview over the weekend, but for now we have some quick tidbits.

Disaster: Day of Crisis is still in the works and is “looking very good”

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. has been shelved, but not canceled. No one is working on the game right now.

Smash Bros. Brawl online play can neither be confirmed or denied. Sounds pretty fishy to me!

Kirby has not been abandoned on the Wii. We were told not to forget about Kirby when asked where the Cube version went.
Okay, Distaster still exists. That's a good thing. HAMMER is essentially dead. The lack of confirmation for Brawl online is somewhat worrisome. Kirby still exists, too. Sounds good.

Sensai

Smash Master
I meant GoNintendo.

:-D

[Edit:]

Cashed, I get that same feeling...which would just be stupid as hell.

It was originally intended to be the launch title online game and was pushed back, officially, because online was a little weird. Now, a full year and 3 weeks later, it might not even have what it was originally supposed to have?

Bologna!

[Edit 2:]

Blocks. A game by Steven Spielberg.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/13/e307-steven-spielberg-presents-knock-some-stuff-over/

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah the graphics look similar, the gameplay might go down the same path of "might be better off as a flash game" or "fun the first couple of times" which is how elebits was.

El HP

Smash Ace
This E3 was a joke no surprises at all only a handful of games were shown I mean where are games like Disaster:DoC, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Manhunt 2 ,Battalion Wars 2, No More Heroes etc, no new info for brawl and the supposed revival of an old franchise? we got nothing and then they show that Wii Fit BS the only good thing was the Metroid Prime 3 trailer which looks kick *** GOTY confirmed, the announcement of Mario Kart Wii while expected is good to see the game is coming earlier than expected and the official release dates of some games.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
This E3 was a joke no surprises at all only a handful of games were shown I mean where are games like Disaster:DoC, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Manhunt 2 ,Battalion Wars 2, No More Heroes etc and the supposed revival of an old franchise? we got nothing and then they show that Wii Fit BS the only good thing was the Metroid Prime 3 trailer which looks kick ***, the announcement of Mario Kart Wii while expected is good to see the game is coming earlier than expected and the official release dates of some games.
Good point, but i think they didn't show manhunt 2 cause it might be getting an A rating!
And that wii fit stuff wasn't something a lot of ppl got excited over. All i know is dat mario kart wii is gonna b awesome(playing online), metroid corruption is gonna b off da chizzle(hopefully being able to play dat online), and most of all brawl is gonna b da bomB(when i play it online)!:chuckle:

El HP

Smash Ace
MP3 won't feature multiplayer sorry I think is better this way so the developer can focus on single player the series strong point and yeah MK will kick *** I can't wait.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
MP3 won't feature multiplayer sorry I think is better this way so the developer can focus on single player the series strong point and yeah MK will kick *** I can't wait.
But didn't metroid hunters have multiplayer in it, and they did delay the game. so idunno, i'm happy either way: having multiplayer, or having better single player!:)
Nice sig by the way!:)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have a question I've been dwelling on for some time.

Does the Wii have the capability to link multiple consoles in a manner similar to that of XBox? I realize it is primarily based on WiFi, but the DS proved able to link to both the Internet and just other DS units. Will Wii games come out that support multi-console competition that is not over the Internet?

I'm very hopeful because I have neighbors who own a Wii.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Duh.

Wii numbers, dude. Miis.
I hope you aren't talking to me. The Wii numbers thing and Mii transfers/parades all take place over the Internet. The Wii consoles do not talk to each other directly.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Or you could just say can we have wii lan parties. The answer is no as of right now. The gamecube with a few games, like MKDD could LAN, but only with special equipment. Nintendo may try something similar by USB, but the lackluster attempt on the GC makes me doubt you'll be able to.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, I heard mention of multi-console gaming (over LAN) in the E3 Nintendo conference. I'll have to find the quote.

*digs through over an hour of footage to find the quote* :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The zapper looks kinda neat, but isn't it completely useless?

The Wii's whole motto was that the Wiimote makes a perfect light-gun on it's own.

Top Bottom