• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wii E3 2007
Nintendo's Press Conference. Live Updates by Gaw.

EDIT: The show is over, I'll be making this post beautiful later today.

Ten minutes into the conference, so far Reggies just going on about everyone can play.

Showing statistics about how more and more different people are playing.
Typical crap, I'll tell you guys when something good happens.

11:20: Wii is not a fad, it's the future, and some effed up video.

Now talking about zapper. More later.

11:23: Zapper will be 19.99 dollars, and packaged with console from now on. To be used with Umbrella chronicles and new medal of honor game.

11:25: Holy **** they are talking about Brawl, hold on DECEMBER 3rd. Release date

11:27: Talking about Phantom Hourglass. I'm not gonna cover DS stuff in this post, sorry. I need a bit of a break anyways.

11:30: Metroid Prime Corruption, alright, not much on that. Just lock on that makes that the focus point, but still free moving. Three sensitivitys. Hold down minus and gesture to switch visors on the fly, and stuff.

11:33: Online discussion, seems like they are just saying they already have great DS online and good Wii online, more will come, but stop *****ing.

11:36: "Check Mii Out". This is sort of like the popularity contest. Contests and promotions for celebrities, choosing Wiis to bring to the console, etc.

As for serious online gameing, still saying already have Pokemon online, more coming.

11:38: Fifa, Madden, strikers, GH3, all onine.

11:39: Mario Kart online first quarter next year. Variety of controls. Sweet Wii custom steering wheel. ONine battle too, umm... it looks really good, looking forward to it.

11:43: Iwata's there, gonna talk about wider audience again I think. He says he prepares dinner with the DS cookbook, yadayada yada. Asks veterans thinking Nintendo is forgeting about traditianal games to rememeber your first times playing.

He wants to "destroy the pshycological barrier between veterans and novices." Wonder what this means for wavedashing, lol.
Myamoto will be coming out with a new game, let you know when it happens.

11:51: More lame video clips.

11:53: Reggies back out, says Galaxy will be amazing. It is the first worthy successer to SM64. New gold standard for player interface . Galaxies is November 12th Relaese date.

11:58: More news clips and stuff.

12:00: Wii Fitness. Weird looking mat thing you stand on. Can tell by weight what you are doing. Lots of like step class stuff. Pretty cool, theres charts and stuff.

12:03: Shiguru is here now, title is Wii Fit. Brought 3 Fitness trainers along, they are trying it out. There is step aerobics. Slight resemblance to DDR, but not dancing. It's pretty cool, you use Miis, and you match the Mii's rythem. It's like your in a step class.

Over forty activities in game. Aerobic, Muscle, balance.
The device you use is called the Wii Balance board.

The Wii Balance board is wireless and thin.

Another feature shows BMI.

12:09: Reggie stands on it, it measures him, and questions his posture, because his center of gravity is off. Everyone laughs.

12:12: Jebus, Reggie has a BMI of 27! Shiguru and Reggie play a game where they lean left to right and try to head soccer balls but avoid shoes. Uses Miis. It's a competition, pretty cool.

Miamoto leaves, and Reggie wins the contest. Reggie has a few last words, and it ends at 12:17.

Eh, I'm not dissapointed, it just seemed sort of short.

At least we got two release dates. I'll edit this post to make it better later.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Petre, thats for medal of honor. and yeah, the zapper sweet.

Brawl release date the 3rd of december.

I'll keep updateing my other post.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Wii Fit is boring.

I'm glad that we got dates for Mario Galaxy and Brawl as well as an announcement for Mario Kart, but that's all I cared about that they showed.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^^

Amen. Surely they weren't talking about Mario Kart?

All in all, I'm not terribly dissapointed. Wii Fit will probably be a buy simply because my parents will want it for my little sister (oh wait, I'm moving out...guess not).

Mario Kart Wii was expected, release dates were expected (and much appreciated). My question is, where the hell is Monolith Soft? What have they been doing?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You were expecting downloadable demos... on the Wii? Haha.

Blue Dragon and Ace Combat 6 demos from E3 are awesome, btw. Downloaded them this morning. :D

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Guys guys guys, chill out, E3 just started, we still have 3 more days of info. Brawl info was given out until after E3 last year.

Am I the only one pumped for 32 people online with Medal of Honor? That is going to be amazing.

You were expecting downloadable demos... on the Wii? Haha
At least Reggie didn't have pause button issues, and we actually got new information in our presentation..... oh wait, I forgot, Viva Pinnata, my bad.. Microsoft FTW!

Volrec

Smash Lord
You were expecting downloadable demos... on the Wii? Haha.

Blue Dragon and Ace Combat 6 demos from E3 are awesome, btw. Downloaded them this morning. :D

:(

Oh well, we got some pretty good info. But Wii Fit had me laughing. Matt is RIPPED. And I dont think SSBB is getting online, because of all the games he said were online, Brawl didnt come out of his mouth.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Were those demos worth the extra $150 on the console? Seriously, you're a mod, you should know this is the Wii thread, not the console debates. Please don't promote/put down another console in here. I love the 360 as much as the next guy, but I don't need to see this turning into a "OMG the 360 is better" thing.

OMG I TOLD OFF A MOD I'M GONNA GET WARNED!

On topic, I'm pretty sure, Nintendo said Wii music would present also, and that wasn't in the conference, so I'd say it's safe to assume there will be additional games on the show floor.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Nintendo disappointed me with their conference. Wii Fit? Really Nintendo? Are you that confident?

Release dates for games we knew were coming out this year? Meh.

Mario Kart is interesting, but not worth buying a console for.

Oh well.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
We got five good things out of this:

Dec. 3rd Brawl Release Date
November 12th Galaxies Release Date
Zapper Gun information
Mario Kart Wii (With pimpin wheel controller)
We learned that Nintendo is NOT a fad. It's the future.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Joystique is reporting a closed doors pre-E3 show from Nintendo, showcasing a bunch of titles not yet ready for the public. Including Golden Sun: The Solar Soothsayer There were some pictures from someones cell, they looked real beyond a doubt. So there's hopefully more to come soon.

made a topic for GS3, post there.

Hopefully some more info on this will show up.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
HOLY EFFING ****CAKES

Golden Sun 3? I Think I Am Going To Die.

Link Nao Please.

Nevermind, found it. Thank the lord for GS.

But I was sorta hoping it would be on Wii...

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Wii Zapper- Yay $19.99 for a piece of plastic....

Not too sure about wii fitnes..... it looks weird and we have to buy yet another peripheral.
Nintendo is starting to piss me off with all of its peripherals.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Were those demos worth the extra $150 on the console? Seriously, you're a mod, you should know this is the Wii thread, not the console debates. Please don't promote/put down another console in here. I love the 360 as much as the next guy, but I don't need to see this turning into a "OMG the 360 is better" thing.

OMG I TOLD OFF A MOD I'M GONNA GET WARNED!
Lol, hardly. You should know not to take things so seriously and escalate them to such a point as you did. Did I come in here saying "OMG the 360 is better"? Nope. I gloated about receiving demos while Volrec was saying he wanted them. You and lonejedi took it way too personally, attacking me. Awesome?

This would be promoting another console:

PS3 is awesome. Buy one.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
lol

I don't see why anyone can't say "Wow it sucks that the Wii doesn't get E3 demos like the other guys. The're actually playing them while Wii owners get to watch someone play them."

This is a shortcoming of the Wii not featuring a HDD. This would be more on topic than half the stuff you guys post as the Wii topic is supposed to be about hardware and other related products.

Sensai

Smash Master
Here comes Sensai, to silence the mindless banter of which console is better!

----

That Forever Blue game, remember? The one with the swimming underwater and stuff? I think I mentioned it yesterday or the day before....anyways, it's being localized as Endless Ocean. Check out the link for a vid. If you ignore the music...it's going to be beautiful.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/11/e307-forever-blue-crossing-the-pond-as-endless-ocean/

If you've been living under a rock, here's the whole low-down on the Wii Fit thing:

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/20...scious-like-the-cho-aniki-dudes-with-wii-fit/

Needz moar Metroid!!

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/11/e307-metroid-prime-3-trailer/

Mario Galaxy screenshots/trailer from E3. November 12th, w00t.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/11/new-super-mario-galaxy-screenshots-and-trailer/

Mario Kart Wii: first details and video.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803351p1.html

Check Mii Out. A new Mii channel...basically a popularity contest. Announced by Miyamoto at the GDC, reaffirmed earlier today by Reggie.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803350p1.html

A video and some screens of that quirky looking, Katamari based game titled de Blob. Not new per se (they're from the 5th) but worth looking at. Check it out...

http://wii.ign.com/objects/947/947046.html#e3_stories

A LOT more No More Heroes screens. Lots and lots.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827358/imgs_1.html

Four or five screenshots from Battalion Wars 2. Nothing terribly exciting, I'm just trying to keep up with this game the best I can. (When did this get a release date?)

http://wii.ign.com/objects/849/849911.html#e3_stories

Dewy's Adventure screens! Lots and lots!

http://wii.ign.com/objects/882/882221.html#e3_stories

NiGHTS eyes on.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803661p1.html

Harvest Moon Heroes screens. (Apparently there's a new Harvest Moon game for the Wii?)

http://wii.ign.com/objects/815/815014.html#e3_stories

And needless to say, lots of Brawl stuff. A few more moments of footage and a lot of screens.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/748/748545.html

----

You can find any more that comes down by going to this page. I'll post the big big news, but...if there's anything that isn't ground-shattering (in my opinion, at least) then you'll be able to see it at this page.

http://wii.ign.com/index/e3/2007/games/

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Unfortunatley, we won't ever get demos and betas if Ninty doesn't get there head out of their *** and release an external hardrive.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Unfortunatley, we won't ever get demos and betas if Ninty doesn't get there head out of their *** and release an external hardrive.
Fanboi!!1!

I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how the WiiFit series performs on the market. I can see it failing but the fact the everything Nintendo touches turns to gold tells me it could be really successful.

If you ignore the music...it's going to be beautiful.
>:C

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

That's something I want to discuss. Reggie kinda left a loose thread with how many people would be able to play online with Mario Kart, but definitely said something like '32 player online multiplayer' for whatever FPS that was.

What's going on? Is Nintendo finally doing something online-oriented correctly?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Lol, hardly. You should know not to take things so seriously and escalate them to such a point as you did. Did I come in here saying "OMG the 360 is better"? Nope. I gloated about receiving demos while Volrec was saying he wanted them. You and lonejedi took it way too personally, attacking me. Awesome?

This would be promoting another console:

PS3 is awesome. Buy one.
Chill said:
lol

I don't see why anyone can't say "Wow it sucks that the Wii doesn't get E3 demos like the other guys. The're actually playing them while Wii owners get to watch someone play them."

This is a shortcoming of the Wii not featuring a HDD. This would be more on topic than half the stuff you guys post as the Wii topic is supposed to be about hardware and other related products.
lol, I got owned. But I did post in favor of the 360/PS3 in terms of a lot of **** in the console debates. DOes that detract from my fanboy meter?

HDD NAO!

Volrec

Smash Lord
I'd hope so, but the 32 man Call of duty sure did surprise me. Hows that gonna work? Come on nintendo. Every fighting game must me online FPS too. I reccomend it. And an SSBM re-release instead of RE4 would of been much better (with online to cause awesomegasms).

At least they are trying their best, but i hope it turns out XBL-par

and i can finally post my signature

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, it was kind of sad that Mario Kart got mentions of it's online battle mode and such but nothing was said for Brawl. However we still have the site meaning we'll get an update tommorow and the next day and so on.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Volrec that looks sick! is that the real deal or did someone just made it??

also is that it from nintendo, I mean can they still show off more games in the remaining days??

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
ummm...yeah, except all you can do is look, fire, and shake to reload. how on earth do you move?

making that peripheral get a 0/10 For failure to be able to complete anything.

Top Bottom