• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Stryks

Smash Hero
ok waht is GH3 again? Ive heard all of u guys talking about it and have no idea what it is, but so far I gotta say Strikers, online play will last u weeks if not months, so u can paly with people online and expect new things in every match...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oh ok sorry not a guitar person, well I never did like guitar hero for one reason, its just that it aint as playing a real guitar, and thus doesnt intrigue me... but if ur in to guitars then go for it, ill stick with strikers for the online, dont know if GH3 will have online, but I rather score on Strikers and go like every other mexican: GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy

Smash Champion
I swear if they make Guitar Hero for the DS where you just tap the D-Pad to hit notes...
I'm gonna punch the nearest person to me in the face.

But... on the other hand... how else would Nintendo make a controller?
Would it be a guitar that's only like 2 inches long or something?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Everyone cross your fingers that Ninty is smart enough to release a hard drive.

While we're crossing our fingers- Rock Band needs to come to Wii.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They're workong in a guitar hero or Wii, so maybe a guitar with motion sensing? Anyway, I'd go strikers. It's really good fun. :)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, I know GH3 for Wii is confirmed to have a guitar controller like the other consoles.

It's a matter of whether or not it is a shell, which you slide the 'mote into for star power, or just a regular guitar controller, but I dunno where you would plug it it.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I doubt those sources are true, u would think sakurai would have placed that in the Notice section in the website, either way Ill wait til E3...

And if there ARE brawl demos in E3, I'll get a chance to play it at comic con XD
Well, I don't think Mr. Sakurai or most developers would take the time to confirm that peoples assumptions were false. He'd just say what would be there instead of what isn't (ya know..."spin"). Also, they could simply just have decided to not show a demo at E3 but made one for all the other, more populated and public events like TGS, E for All, PAX, and the Leipzig Games Conference.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Back of the Wiimote, ala Classic Controller.
No no, I mean if it WASN'T a shell. Yeah, that's what it would be with a shell I'm pretty sure, but I mean, I don't see what they would do if it weren't a shell, like, if the Wiimote wasn't inside the guitar. I don't see why they would make a guitar that plugged into the wiimote and NOT make it a shell where you can use the Wii Remote for star power.

Like, could they plug it into a gamecube slot?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Could they do that? Sorry for being a bit of a technology noob, but wasn't there some reason they couldn't do that, like for the 360?

I

i8waffles612

I need you help once more guys.

Ok on Craigslist.com, some guy is willing to be a used or new Wii for 350$

I was thinking about this but I dont know if it is worth it...

I will lose all my data, like my Miis and all the saved data on it..

So should i do it..

P.S. If I do do it, and sell it to him, yes I will buy another Wii and have an extra 100$

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Could they do that? Sorry for being a bit of a technology noob, but wasn't there some reason they couldn't do that, like for the 360?
They are doing that for the 360 and there's no reason why they can't do it for the Wii either.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The wii version is $10 dollars cheaper. Maybe because this is easier for them to do?
Also, this way, if they're planning on implementing motion features, it's built into the wiimote rather than having to add it. Furthermore, if they want to use the wiimotes built in memory, like to bring over avatars or highscores or something they have to do it this way.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Now what would be cool, is if they made Guitars exactly like the PS2 ones that attached into the wiimote so they'd be wireless. You could have two of those, and then have the remaining 2 wiimotes be someone on the drums like in that pre-Wii promotion video...

They will really have to work hard so they don't totally miss with the motion sensor. I always gets bugged when playing boxing on wii sports. The Wii just don't get my movements right. However if they succeed it will be a major success and it will be two thumbs up for the wii. You have to get a plug-in guitar-control for the other games, while for this one the only thing you need is what you already have. Taken that in count, Nintendo really has a smart strategy of how to beat Xbox and Playstation when it comes to sales.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I need you help once more guys.

Ok on Craigslist.com, some guy is willing to be a used or new Wii for 350$

I was thinking about this but I dont know if it is worth it...

I will lose all my data, like my Miis and all the saved data on it..

So should i do it..

P.S. If I do do it, and sell it to him, yes I will buy another Wii and have an extra 100$
You can transfer your Miis onto your controllers and your save data onto an SD card. The only thing you can't keep would be your VC games.

Sandy

Smash Champion
You can transfer your Miis onto your controllers and your save data onto an SD card. The only thing you can't keep would be your VC games.
Games downloaded from Virtual Console library will be stored on Wii's built-in 512 MB flash memory, or on SD cards, though to play these games they must be copied back onto the Wii's internal memory. If the internal memory is filled, Virtual Console games can be deleted to create more room. If the player wants to play those deleted games at a later date, they can be downloaded again at no additional cost. The Virtual Console games are locked to the Wii they were bought on, so a player cannot play their Virtual Console games on another Wii by simply swapping the SD cards. In the event that a Wii is damaged and the Virtual Console games can no longer be played, Nintendo will provide support.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
That's no help.

The thing is, the downloads are specific to the Wii, so if you sell it, you lose them. If he Wii is damaged nintendo collects the Wii and can check what games you had. Not so if yuo sell it. Additionally, you can not transfer games between Wiis. Only save data.

Also, every friend you've registered is gone, you'll have to do it all over again. and if you did do it, you'd have to make sure to remove all your friends first since I highly doubt they want to have some random guy as a friend.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The reason the guitars for Guitar Hero 2 weren't wireless for the Xbox 360 was Microsoft. Microsoft has been very strict about their wireless technology and hasn't given it out to 3rd parties, until this fall, when Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band come out, both featuring all wireless accessories. The reason it's more expensive for 360? Neversoft and Harmonix paying Microsoft for using wireless accessories.

Sensai

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm back.

It's too bad about the lack of playable Brawl at E3. It doesn't necessarily mean that the game won't be out by the end of the year, though.

Jeeze, my typing has gone to hell in 10 days...bleh.

And I read (skimmed) through the pages that I wasn't here for and no one said anything about the lack of online play for MP3. No, it's not a huge surprise to anyone, but it is the squashing of a new rumor.

Also...GH3 got a release date?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Guitar Hero 3 is "November." The only reason they wouldn't make that is if they have problems getting the licenses to songs they want to include. I'd definitely expect it to hit in November though.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Haha, I hope Matt doesn't get in trouble for telling us about the ToS sequel.

He hinted at it last podcast, but now he just plain out said "screw it, I'm telling you guys."

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
one minute i was watching youtube on my wii the next minute it said you need to get some kind of flash player installed.Any ideas,a little help please.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
so the newest IGN podcast has some interesting stuff including
mario&sonic will only be shown behind closed doors
a nintendo franchise is being "brought back from the dead" and will be at E3 (Kid Icarus?)
also, most importantly IMO "there will be a Tales of Symphonia Sequel coming to Wii". w00t

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8022/1/Tales_of_Symphonia_Sequel,_Nintendo_Franchise_Resurrected
Oh, I hope we get a next-gen Kid Icarus. Balloon Fighter and Duck Hunt are also possible.

Top Bottom