• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There already is a Next Gen Baloon Fighter, it's in WarioWare, though it's of the Baloon Trip mode where you just dodge obsticals and hit baloons for a s ong as you can.

Stryks

Smash Hero
so the newest IGN podcast has some interesting stuff including
mario&sonic will only be shown behind closed doors
a nintendo franchise is being "brought back from the dead" and will be at E3 (Kid Icarus?)
also, most importantly IMO "there will be a Tales of Symphonia Sequel coming to Wii". w00t

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8022/1/Tales_of_Symphonia_Sequel,_Nintendo_Franchise_Resurrected
OMG I thye bring back Kid Icarus! Remember one year or two ago one of the IGN guys interviewed Miyamoto and asked if they will ever do another Kid icarus game, miyamoto asked: if we did, would u buy it?
IGN guy: Absolutely!
Miyamoto: Well we obviously cant ignore that, we'll think about it...

W00t!!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
But, think about it, would Kid Icarus be FUN as a 3D platformer? I dunno, KI only seems to work for me in 2D on the NES.

EDIT: Granted, I've never played the gameboy one.

Sensai

Smash Master
You know, everytime that Nintendo says something about an old classic, people jump on one of two series. It's either Kid Icarus or Earthbound. Always.

If they kept Kid Icarus really freakin' hard then I'm sure it would do well as a 3d platformer, haha.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
They've officially released the image of the guitars used in guitar hero 3 and it appears that the wii one will have the wii mote placed in it.
Wii Guitar

Sandy

Smash Champion

That's pretty interesting actually. This means that the Wii guitar will be wireless and that it may utilize the accelerometers in the Wii remote. The guy on screen could mimic your motions swinging the guitar around.

Sensai

Smash Master
Another take on it.

Looks interesting...can't believe I didn't see this first. Poo-ey.

[Edit:]

I hate that! Stupid...ignore this post, too, I guess.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'd rather have a hard core rocker as the character on the TV screen than a customized Mii.

Does the guitar for the Wii version use batteries too along with the Wiimote? If so, we're essentially using up four Double A batteries just for the gimmick of having the character on screen swing his guitar around like us. I'm sorry for being such a cheap battery hog, but sheesh.

Oh, and I really hope motion sensing isn't included in the gameplay as Style Points or whatever. Actually... I dont know if I would mind that or not. Hmm.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, the guitar itself will probably be cheaper, considering they don't need their own tilt sensors when they have the Wiimote.

And I can't imagine why you would need two sets of batteries.

Oh, and lets not mess with the formula. I don't think they will, but GH is not about swinging the guitar around like a monkey.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt that swinging the guitar will be part of the game and affect ur score or anything, is just so it would look more realistic, the character will just mimick ur moves, thats it at least that what I think...

Meh aint getting GH3 anyway...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Navigating the menus. Ever played Guitar Hero before?
Yeah, beat expert and five stared all hard songs.

But, I have PS2, and I just use the strum bar. I've even played the 360 one with the queer little D-Pad and tiny-*** start and select buttons.

I just don't see why a analog stick is neccesary.

EDIT: Beat expert and five stared all hard songs on GH2- not GH1, I got the sequel before the first one, and the first one just doesn't compare, so I don't really play it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's not just for navigating Guitar Hero's menus, but also the Wii home screen. It'd just be inconvenient to make you disconnect the Wiimote, point it at the screen to select Guitar Hero and then hook the Wiimote into the Guitar.

Sensai

Smash Master
Good call, Cashed. Hadn't thought of that (or even noticed it, honestly).

So...E3 is just a few days away now. Sha-weet.

primusfan

Smash Ace

That's pretty interesting actually. This means that the Wii guitar will be wireless and that it may utilize the accelerometers in the Wii remote. The guy on screen could mimic your motions swinging the guitar around.
I don't know if anyone remembers my old posts in this thread, but this is exactly how I predicted the Guitar Hero controller for Wii would be (wiimote placed in guitar).

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Well, I was interested in that Mario Kart/Brawl rumor, so I checked out N-europe and read about it. Then I looked at the headlines, and I just about peed my pants:

A second Trauma Center is in the works for Wii.
N-europe said:
Even though the first Wii Trauma Center hasn't reached us yet, Nintendo have announced that the US/Japan launch title will be getting a sequel.

The new game, Trauma Center: New Blood moves the story from Japan to the United States, and sees you saving more lives, and possibly fight a new strain of virus.

New in the series is a simultaneous 2-player mode, which sees you and a friend saving lives together. New Blood will also add online rankings to the fray, and will have widescreen support.

You can see some screenshots over at Famitsu's website.
Some screens:

It looks like it'll have the same gripping single-player experience as Second Opinion, but it will have awesome improvements such as multiplayer (yes!), online leaderboards, and widescreen. I can't wait for this game. If anybody here hasn't played the first one, do so. At least rent it; you won't be disappointed.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I don't know if anyone remembers my old posts in this thread, but this is exactly how I predicted the Guitar Hero controller for Wii would be (wiimote placed in guitar).
I think that's what almost all of us thought would happen, but I imagined it in the neck of the guitar, underneath the frets. Whatever though, it still looks cool like that.

Sandy

Smash Champion
MySims - Official Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBbET6aVN9c

Explore a whole new world with MySims™—it's your world to transform! Move to a town that has been struggling lately. With a little creativity and some help from the locals, you can make this place thrive. Improve the town to attract new characters, from the Italian Chef and Florist to the Kickboxing Instructor and DJ. Discover what the residents want and need, so that you can help them enjoy life in their town. Design a hot tub or a jukebox from scratch, build homes and businesses from the roof to the front door. Uncover special decorations and patterns as you explore the growing town. From the furniture and objects to the buildings to the town as a whole – each of your creations is unique. In MySims, what you make… makes all the difference!

• Build and customize an entire town—
  • Your town is your own unique creation, from the flower shop to building a mad scientist’s laboratory, and beyond.
  • Shape the community—
  • It's your call who lives there and who moves out! Who will you befriend? Who will you ignore?
  • A whole world to explore—
  • Socialize with the locals and uncover all sorts of useful or surprising treasures hidden throughout the town.
  • Create your own Sim—
  • It’s a cinch to personalize your Sims appearance from head to toe with the Wii™ & Nintendo DS™ controls. Unlock cool new clothing and accessories as you befriend the neighbors.
  • Design your own stuff—
  • Decorate with your very own furniture and accessories, then customize your creations with things you can grow, harvest, or discover around town.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm gonna get it, so long as you guys don't call me gay for actually wanting it, that is.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'll probably get it too...sadly. I hate supporting EA (they're the company that everyone loves to hate), but they've actually been shovelling out some decent stuff recently.

You beat me to the Trauma Center thing, which is too bad, but oh well. I've got a few more tidbits:

NiGHTS movies:
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/20...er-and-gameplay-video-warm-our-bitter-hearts/

Graphically, this game looks like ***. On a gameplay level, I think it might actually end up being something neat...

Civ Revolution Wii-ward after all:
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/10/civ-revolution-headed-wii-ward-after-all/

Dunno if I covered this when the original announcement came out, but there will be a Civilization game for the Wii and most consoles. After it surfaced, the Wii version was rumored to be canned. Well, turns out it'll just be a few months late to the party.

Geometry Wars Galaxies video:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/10/geometry-wars-galaxies-confirms-wii-particles-possible/

Just thought it was interesting. Not really news at all, actually.

Forever Blue boxart (Japan) revealed:
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/10/japanese-forever-blue-boxart-revealed/

The more I see from this game, the more interested in it I am. It just looks like a pretty game...I'm definitely going to pick it up if it comes State-side, and if it doesn't, well then I'll have my friend that has access to Japanese Wii games pick it up for me and I'll play it over there.

[Edit:]

Information on Boogie, EA's dancing/singing game for the Wii. The track listing!:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/she.s-mighty-mighty/the-funkalicious-boogie-soundtrack-276665.php

It's either disco or modern pop. I don't think I've ever seen a soundtrack that included Boogie Oogie Oogie AND Fergalicious...just weird. Oh well, they've successfully targetted the older crowd and the younger crowd, leaving us that have good taste in music out in the cold again (I said this jokingly and smiling).

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
All my friends will leave me if they ever come to my place and see I have Elebits, Super Monkey Ball, NiGHT's AND My Sims.

*sigh*

Anyways, nice finds Sensai, I enjoyed looking at all those.

Sensai

Smash Master
Alright...watching G4 and watching E3. I'll keep you guys updated between commerical breaks.

Nothing at all so far...heh. And probably not much today in terms of Nintendo, as M$ is doing their stuff today.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Yes, I know Nintendo's tomorrow. But things could still drop tonight, or...jeah.

I'M JUST TRYING TO BE HELPFUL. Jesus. Ungrateful people....

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So, did the Microsoft conference end at ten? Because I was trying to watch on gamespot, but it's just these stupid 360 promotion things.

Sensai

Smash Master
It ended at midnight for me.

G4 pisses me off...I'm not dealing with it tomorrow. I'll use Gamespot. Stupid...

But jeah, nothing interesting that was Nintendo related today.

Top Bottom