• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
For 40 bucks, I suppose I should get it...

It does seem deep. Eh, why not. I'll pick it up.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I think styrks is right. the head in the uppre left is dar samus, see how her visor is shaped differently? THough it's not the dark samus we know (see my avatar) it's shaped differently.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think styrks is right. the head in the uppre left is dar samus, see how her visor is shaped differently? THough it's not the dark samus we know (see my avatar) it's shaped differently.
Yeah, Dark Samus has evolved once again. Now looks like this.

I liked the older one better myself.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I love K'NEX. It is incredibly useful on top of being very entertaining! I created this Wii Remote Rack because I did not like having my remotes being banged up in other places (we used to hang them by their straps on nails in the wall).

[size=+2]-- K'NEX Wii Remote Rack --[/size]

They sit in our bookshelf near the couch for quick access.

Here is a side view of the design.

Here it is without the remotes.

[size=+2]-- K'NEX Nunchuk Hanger --[/size]

Here is my nunchuk hanger. I need better ideas for this.

They just hang there... :p

[size=+2]-- K'NEX Sensor Bar Stand --[/size]

I left the original stand at my parents' place in Washington. :(

It's a pretty nifty replacement. The colors aren't bad either!

Does anyone else have any Wii-related K'NEX inventions? I am still designing a better nunchuk storage unit.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wow, Buzz.

All you have to do now is put them on the open market and watch the money fall into your lap! :)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Just wondering, but has anyone heard about what Nintendo's going to do with the Wii Ware part of the shop channel? Apparently, they'll start putting on original content (think XBLA)

600th post!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, we already covered that, read back. They'll have original content (according to Nintendo) starting early next year.

and i don't know if i still have my K'Nex. I'll have to check.

What else could we make? Legos work too.

I'm in favor of a Wii case made with legos.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I didn't save up enough money to buy a wii and even if i did, it would be for ssbb or gh3. but now since gh3 is for ps2 as well, that saves me some money. Still dunno if i want a wii. not enough time for video games in my age you kno

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I didn't save up enough money to buy a wii and even if i did, it would be for ssbb or gh3. but now since gh3 is for ps2 as well, that saves me some money. Still dunno if i want a wii. not enough time for video games in my age you kno
You do realize your on a game site devoted to one specifec video game don't you

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lol, it only has a semblance of something other than crap if you have diamond/pearl. I have a friend who says IGN is crap for giving it a 5/10 and won't listen to anything we show/tell him. and he doesn't have a DS, so he's going to waste $50. *sigh*

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I hope you rented it. I could have told you it was going to suck. Seriously a pokemon stadium game without everything that made stadium great is going to suck.

MP3 delay is kind of suprising considering it was supposed to be a launch title. Although at this point I think it's safe to say it wasn't ever going to be a launch release. I guess it's not a suprise after all. :/

The lack of games is becoming unbearable, I have pokemon for DS but I want to play console games too. I swore I wouldn't buy OoT yet again but it's starting to look like a good way to pass the time.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
What's so bad about PBR?
You're basically paying $50 for 3D battles. Like Chared said, it's only worth it if you have D/P and even then it's just barely better than crap.

I'm going to pretend like I didn't see those Prime screens.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
No, I don't own it, didn't even rent it. from what i read in reviews, what i saw, and what people online/what a friend said and I played on his, there's absolutely nothing that could make me touch that pathetic excuse for a stadium game.

Thanks Styrks for that glimpse of the games plot which I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW.

Next time just link the images.

Volrec

Smash Lord
AAah, MP3 is calling me back even though I said I wouldnt get it because of the "leave you hanging" function.

To wrap it up, I think I'm gonna get this year and then nothing else (parents + my disease that allows me not to save money at all(not a real disease(lol parentheses))):

Strikers : I loved the 1st one, plus I love any game when it's online.

GH3: The ONLY reason I always have the thought of getting a PS2 every now and then. I must have this. I must have this. I must have this.

Brawl : the biiiiiiig daddy. The game of the year. The only game so big it needs weekday updates. If you are on this forum, and have a Wii, and don't get brawl, you need death.

/donetalking

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Those Prime pictures are very nice.

I dunno about you guys, but I actually LIKE that it seems to be taking a few leaves out of Halo's book.

The voice acting and more NPC's- I dunno, I like seeing Metroid in this new type of enviornment.

Of course, it will still be more adventure than shooter, but I like the direction it's going.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Why couldn't MP3 come out closer to my birthday? Is August 12th such a bad release date for such a [potentially] good game?

Oh well, I'll just tell my mom to hold off the gifts till September...

P.S. PS3 is really taking a lot of blows, 6 wiis for every 1 ps3 sold? ****, and to think Sony loses money either way while Nintendo always gains, or so they say.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Thanks Styrks for that glimpse of the games plot which I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW.
I didn't mind seeing Samus in that interesting suit, I was saying that because I'm going to hold onto the hope that this extra development time means the're going to do something with those graphics.

If Mario Galaxy can look better than Sunshine and Brawl can look better than Melee, Corruption can look better than Echoes. But every screenshot I see looks just that the gamecube versions.

"Tighten up the graphics".

Please don't post a link.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I didn't mind seeing Samus in that interesting suit, I was saying that because I'm going to hold onto the hope that this extra development time means the're going to do something with those graphics.

If Mario Galaxy can look better than Sunshine and Brawl can look better than Melee, Corruption can look better than Echoes. But every screenshot I see looks just that the gamecube versions.

Please don't post a link.
I gotta agree on that one about the graphics. And speaking of Brawl looking better than Melee, I just checked the Smash Bros. website, and I gotta say, i'm impressed with the visuals and the newer looking character models. Bowsers looking a lot meaner and nastier than in Melee.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Buzz, for the nunchuk holder, why don't you have it hold the end of the cord and the nunchuk itself. That way, it won't dangle as far down.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/07/nintendo-smash-.html
Apparantly Smash won't be playable at E3. Oh well. However, "several never-before-seen Wii titles will be announced and playable at the show." Those games had better not all be casual games, but I wouldn't be surprised if they all were.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Are we even gonna get ANY news on Brawl [doesn't really require an answer, but if you know feel free to fill me in] this E3? The updates are great but I doubt Sakurai would want to drop a bomb shell in an update, it's just not cool =0

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt those sources are true, u would think sakurai would have placed that in the Notice section in the website, either way Ill wait til E3...

And if there ARE brawl demos in E3, I'll get a chance to play it at comic con XD

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are there minigames in PBR like the first Stadium? That's all we did when I was a yung'n anyway.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Okay, there will officially be no playable demo of brawl at E3. On the other hand, Nintendo says they have some unannounced first party titles to show off.

El HP

Smash Ace

MP3 looks better than the previous ones the jump isn't as big because the primes were some of the best looking games on GC while sunshine and smash were far from making the cube reach its limits.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Are there minigames in PBR like the first Stadium? That's all we did when I was a yung'n anyway.
nope. They took out practically everything the stadium games had, leaving a horrible single player experience and a basic frame for online multiplayer battles.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Advice.
Now.

I went to G-stop, and sold all my GC games because melee IMO is the only game with Replay value. Here's the problem.

What do I reserve. GH3 or Strikers? I think I should switch my reserve older to Strikers, since GH3 comes out in November, and I'm going to high school which will work me kinda hard. And Strikers comes out the 1st, and thats a month to **** noobs online.

Opinions. Now.

Top Bottom