• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Almost all the EA games coming out this year will be online, Madden, Fifa, Medal of Honor.

I pretty sure Bwii will be online. Once they start rolling with Wi-Fi, alot of games will be online, just like the DS.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Brawl will probably be online, though they said they probably won't have a rankings board. Oh well, there's always here...Metroid is sure to be online...I hope...PLEASE GOD PLEASE BE ONLINE!!!!!!

Sensai

Smash Master
Man. Lots of news in the...how many days that I've been gone.

Cool about the Sonic thing in that Spanish mag. Too bad, according to the IGN Boards, it's just a Photoshop doc....although, the fact that there's a PSD of it doesn't necessarily mean it's untrue. But jeah.

The whole Miyamoto on Earthbound/Kid Icarus was an incredible read, thank you.

Also: RE5 is NOT Wii bound...right?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think so. I also took a read of Soulcalibur [it's one word now] Legends in EGM. The good news is, it looks like it'll turn out good even though it isn't a 3D fighter like SC4. It's an adventure game so those of us who got a little bored owning or getting owned by your friends can enjoy owning cannon-fodder.

The bad news is, that even Xbox gets SC4 and Wii is stuck with a spin off. I also heard SC4 is going online [this is bad new to us because we're missing out on online =( ].

P.S. Sensai, did you purposely stop posting when you reached 3,333? If so don't worry, I would have too.

Sandy

Smash Champion

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The bad news is, that even Xbox gets SC4 and Wii is stuck with a spin off. I also heard SC4 is going online [this is bad new to us because we're missing out on online =(

wait you mean it's on th 360 right? cuz if you meant it was on the ORGINAL XBOX I WOULD HAVE TO KILL NAMCO FOR BEING SO ********

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Shining Force is on virtual console today. Woo hoo classic gaming goodness.

Red Exodus

Smash Master

wait you mean it's on th 360 right? cuz if you meant it was on the ORGINAL XBOX I WOULD HAVE TO KILL NAMCO FOR BEING SO ********
Rofl, I mean 360 :chuckle: I'm accustomed to just calling Xbox 360 either Xbox or 360.

That post made me burst out laughing :laugh:

greenlink

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna get the pistol attachment it'll be just too cool not to get :)

Off topic: This topic has 495 pages!! Thats more than most of the other forums i post on combined!

Sensai

Smash Master
No, I didn't stop at 3333, but...****, if I had noticed it I would've!

And I don't even have to post news anymore. SandTiger's got that **** down pack.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
it's not down "pack" it's down "pat". jeez.

and to stay on topic the Wii has officiall passed 8 million units, and is unofficially estimated past 9 million, counting all the currently unreported sales that haven't been updated from PAL regions.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
if you've played them through and gotten everythin in oth games, i guess save them until you find a game you want and then trade them for store credit at gamestop or EBgames

Sensai

Smash Master
Tsk tsk...how can anyone not like Zelda? Either way, get RE4. And then sit on your *** and wait like the rest of us for MP3.

Here's something interesting...there might be some kinda 'surprise' by the end of September for us Wii owners.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/reggie-taunts-us-with-september-wii-surprise-282063.php

[Edit:]

At the end of that video, the guy pretty much point blank asks Reggie if Smash is going to have online and Reggie gives him, quote, 'that knowing smile.'

Why are they keeping it secret if it's there? I thought that it was supposed to have it from the get go!? Why are they toying with us like this?!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Those sadistic *******s.

I'm going to get the rifle gun.

Also, I got the Wii charger for the Wii motes and it works great. At first, one of the rechargeable batteries was deffective, then I exchanged it and got a new one and that one works perfectly. Soo... get the Wii charger.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Getting your sword dirty in Dragon Quest Swords
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/24/getting-your-sword-dirty-in-dragon-quest-swords/

Harrison: Hardware revision 'not out of the question
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/07/24/harrison-hardware-revision-not-out-of-the-question/

Bully: Scholarship Edition online play?
http://rockstaruncut.com/?p=119

Wii Surprise Coming in September
http://loot-ninja.com/2007/07/24/wii-surprise-coming-september/

Will Wii's Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles Be A Cheesy Remake Or Legimate Innovator?
http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/07...evil_uc_cheesy_remake_or_legitimate_innovator

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I was looking at the list of Nintendos exclusives (now outnumbering their competitors) and sadly its more of the same crap we've had this year. If Nintendo had gone the the way of the PS3 and 360 AND included the wiimote they would have hands down had the best console of this gen. I know they don't care but it would have been so cool.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I love my Wii, really, it's really not about graphics, it's about gameplay and quality and so far Nintendo wins in quality because really, most of its games are purchased some of them suck and some of them pwn.

Here's where I think the Wii is right now-
2.Wii
3.PS3

Here's the Wii in the Fall
1.PS3/360
2.Wii

Here's where it will be by December 5th
1.Wii
2.PS3/360

EDIT: These Wii jokes write themselves!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Why December 5th...?

Don't you mean December 3rd?

I

i8waffles612

5 more days . I CANT WAIT

Now this is incredibly important for me because........

THIS IS MY FIRST VIDEO GAME CONSOLE GAME I PLAY ONLINE. NOT JUST FOR THE WII. BUT FOR ANY CONSOLE!

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I believe the Wii will be first way before December comes out. Actually a lot of games are releasing in November of this year. If my memory is correct, Metroid Prime 3 is releasing in November right? O_o

Anyway, I love my Wii so far. Being able to play roms on the big screen is awesome...especially the classics like Super Mario World and Mario Bros. :D Just waiting for Mario Bros. 3 to be released. >.< I can't wait until I'm finally online playing games, have to fix something in my car before I can get Strikers...:/

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer

THIS IS MY FIRST VIDEO GAME CONSOLE GAME I PLAY ONLINE. NOT JUST FOR THE WII. BUT FOR ANY CONSOLE!

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
Without a microphone and multiple other people yelling at you and each other, it's just going to seem like playing against a computer with some lag.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think Wii is going to be in first forever. Whenever I look at the games coming out for Wii I always lose a little hope because most of the time it's a first party that has been done before.

Not that sequels aren't bad but deja vu starts to set in when you're looking forward to the same series over and over, and if Nintendo keeps up this "less hardcore" mentality their customers will just be people who just happen to find a game or 2 that they like. Not to mention there's still no hard drive yet.

El HP

Smash Ace
I agree nintendo should have made the Wii more powerful after all the GC was almost on par with the Xbox and the system retailed for 200$, the Wii cost 50$ more and it's by far the weakest console I don't care much for graphics but they add some points to the game IMO.

Having said that the Wii lineup is looking good games like MP3, SSBB, FE10, No More Heroes, Disaster: DoC, Zack & Wiki, Manhunt 2, BWii etc the 360 lineup looks pretty good as well.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Without a microphone and multiple other people yelling at you and each other, it's just going to seem like playing against a computer with some lag.
As oposed to having some idiot yelling obseneties in my ear? No thanks.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
mic, you could always turn of the voice chat. it's fun between friends and sometimes between random people.

but i don't have to have voice chat, it's not like playing a computer. in ames like MPH you can see human behavior, etc.

i still think it's stupid that we were basically forced to buy wii sports. seriously japn's wii retailed for about $200US. :p

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I really would want voice chat in online games. Oh, and a hub/lobby. Why Nintendo hasn't done this is beyond me.

EDIT: Also, I saw No More Heroes, seriously, the game looks dumb IMO.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Miss the memo? It's August 27th, bud.

Anyways, I'm still not convinced about Strikers.

Apparently I did miss that memo. XDXD

As for the Wifi thing, I also want it to have a headset, but you have the option to have it on or off whenever you wish.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
Yea it will be fun, the first decent online game for nintendo.
Although hindering the online play is the lack of voicechat in addition to having to add 16 digit friend codes.

Voice chat is great, and if you dont like the person who is yellin obsenities, you just mute their ***.

Top Bottom