• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, didn't namco announce a title for the Wii called sword of legendia(hint:sequel to tales of legendia) way back before the wii even came out? I guess that's this.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Just thought I would let you all know that in the wii-k in review, Matt hinted that there is gonna be a Tales RPG coming to Wii.

That is all.
Tales?
Tales?
Tales?
TALES?
TALES?
TALES?
TALES?

Oh my god! I was uber addicted to Symphonia and now we get another one! I need to keep my eye on this one.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Red Exodus- I think I logged over 200 hours on ToS- that game had the most amazing story ever. Great memories there. It's really interesting to play it again after already knowing the plot-twists. You notice things you wouldn've never realized before.

And ChRed- SPM is amazing. I have 47 hours in it for 100%.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
dude super paper mario was lame for me...(stopped playing after chapter 3)

ehh...i just LOVED the way the previous games were set up, that was the whole point for me.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I have a problem. Is there anyway to watch LOST episodes at abc.com using the Wii? I've tried downloading whatever Flashplayer they give you, but it doesn't work. I'd appreciate any hints in the right dirrection.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
http://wii.ign.com/articles/796/796612p1.html
Just a rumor, but if it's true, it's not good. Project HAMMER has (supposedly) been canned, canceled, discontinued. No matter how you slice it, it's not a good thing.
IGN Wii said:
...IGN Wii has heard separately that Nintendo is actively re-working some traditional games so that they are more accessible by casual players. If it is truly canned, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. may have become a casualty of Wii's newfound success in the mainstream market.
Lame. I'm all for casual gaming, but making the "hardcore" "casual" is, in my opinion, lame.

I was looking forward to that game. Hopefully this rumor remains just that.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I was sadden when I heard the news, I wanted this game SO bad, but remember it says its a rumor and nothing has been officially announced, but I heard a while ago the name of the game changed to M-09, thus this could be false...

And me being mexican and all gotta say FIFA 08 looks awesome...

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
I never heard Scarface was going to be a game for Wii. A game I am wanting to get is Transformers, hoping the controls are decent. Another game I can't wait for is Metroid Corruption =)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
'Less hardcore'

'games'

'Wii'?

Did those words fall in the same sentence? This sounds like a nightmare, I really hope this is a rumor because I can't stand games that last 4-10 hours long and have no replayability, specially since I have no one to play the said games with.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Well, I was looking at the Gamestop ad today, and only one thing caught my eye:

My initial response was "OMGWTFBBQ."

It's a shell, and just a shell. It actually doesn't look too useful. The description says it will be "compatible with...Resident Evil 4..." IIRC, RE4 uses the A button to shoot. On that shell, the A button looks like it's in an awkward place. And how the heck am I going to do the motion in the cut-scenes?

EDIT: The page on GameStop's website: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802669

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well first of all, that's a third party shell, Nintendo hasn't officially released a "Zapper" controller yet. Second of all, I think that would actually work pretty well. Shotgun style, y'know?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
1. Why do people keep calling it a light gun?

2. I spent about 250 hours playing Symphonia. That's probably the best RPG I've ever played. The story was simply gripping. I didn't think I would ever feel so emotionally connected to a videogame.

3. I might just rent Strikers before buying it, just because I normally don't like mario sports games. The only good one was Mario Golf on N64. The rest are all bad IMO.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
anyone else pumped for Mario Strikers Charged? The game cube was pretty much the greatest soccer game I've ever played, and this one looks to be even better!
I sure am. The Gamecube version was essentially Sega Soccer Slam (awesome game, by the way) with Mario characters and items. The online for Charged seems to be solid, and I'm sure Charged will be an awesome party game (ironically, a better one than MP8).

I'm also pumped for the Harry Potter game. It sounds like it'll completely blow the other Harry Potter games out of the water, but that's not saying much. Meh, my sister's gonna buy it anyway, so it's a free game for me ;).

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
If anyone gets scarface, let me know what you think of it. I hear its suppose to be like GTA, but with improvements that GTA didn't include.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
hehe. I guess that does sound sort of weak. Basically, sports games with Mario in them just don't work out for me- but I thought that Mario golf came the closest to being a good game out of the Mario sports games I've played. (Tennis, basketball, baseball)

Is that better?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
I'd just wait for the first one to come to the VC. I have it, and I have some pleasant memories associated with it.

The main reason MP8 fails is because it's really a Gamecube game with Wii controls tacked on.

EDIT: Woohoo, I used my 600th post describing MP8's sucktitude!

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I disagree with saying that Mario Party 8 failed. it's a short game(I beat it in two days, unlocking EVERYTHING) and is nothing at all to brag about, I mean it is Mario Party, but it demontrates many more uses of the wiimote(several actually). I highly reccomend playing this with three of you're most competitive friends and just a couple of rounds with them.

That's where this Mario Party, and I guess any Mario Party, succeeds. Other than just a few hours of fun(I beat this game within a day) and some innovative wiimote controls this game is still only worthy o fa rent. but all that aside, you get to play as Blooper and Hammer Bro.! Hell yeah!

Mr. Gaw- what do you mean? Golf and soccer were awsome games, but so was tennis and baseball, and even 3 on 3 hoops was pretty good! I'd say most Mario Sports related games have been quite successful. I am very excited for the Mario and Sonic olympic game thats coming here in the winter. I think it will be AMaZING.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is coming to US in three days. I'm gonna get it even though I have the GC version. Budget Price ftw.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Gamefreak, what's appealing about Mario Tennis? I like Wii sports tennis WAY more. All those stupid little special moves get annoying.

Baseball was too simplistic to me, and I don't acually own 3 on 3 hoops, so I only have one experience playing that. It's just that with so many great shooters and adventures and RPG's out there, why would you choose to play a Mario sports game?

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just find Tennis and Baseball to be very charming. I never use to play Madden or FIFA or any actual sports games and Mario Sports titles along with other various games(NFL Street series, Sega Soccer Slam) have become a way for me to connect to the sports market of gaming.

Now I play loads of sports games, and to be honest I learned most of what I know about the rules of the game of Tennis from Mario Tennis 64.

I can agree with you the special moves in the GC version are very aggrivating, and Wii Tennis is really the only tennis title I have been playin gi nthe past few months(awsomeness to the extreme) but I must say its rare that I have been completely dissapointed in a Mario Sports title(actually never)

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Tales of the Abyss will come out for the Wii...even though I already own the game anyways, it would be nice to see it come out on the Wii.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Tennis was okay, but Baseball was just horrible. 3 on 3, I've got mixed feelings. I like it, but in the early rounds the computers suck a LOT so it's just me dribbling, getting coins then dunking for 2 and a half minutes, wishing there was ascore you could erach and end the rounds early. When the AI picks up later it's not too bad, but still easy . Hope it gets harder later.

Volrec

Smash Lord
oh, so we talking about mario sports games? Let me chip in.

I loved baseball. It was really fun. I hate golf because i hate all golf games in general.
Never played basketball. Tennis is fun, but the special moves get annoying as you guys said.
Soccer keeps the title as best mario sports game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't play sports [games for consoles] so I'm a little disconnected, although I was planning to get Mario Tennis but I never got around to it.

Top Bottom