• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not a HM fan, so don't take it personal Sand [or Tiger? Both sound so nickname use-able as-able]. The info lots great for anyone who's a HM fan though, must be great to use the wii-mote so effectively in a new game.

@ 8: EGM never seems to get good Nintendo info, so anything they show about Nintendo I don't take to heart [they're mainly right about Hardware though]. They're much better with Sony and MS info.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm sick of listening to you ***** about people like me. There, now we're even.
you beter be freaking happy with the new update. which ironically, makes the fake info from the nintendo summit i posted seem more likely '-_-

oh well, i guess it just had to happen. Now all that's left is for them to add on gimmicky motion controls.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I remember that post, I was gonna post it in the Brawl section but someone else already had and a mod locked it. I guess that fake news wasn't so fake after all...

Andromeda

Smash Lord
We get it, after the constant TORTURING and TAUNTING of us in the UNITED STATES not GETTING the game yet.
Like Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series: "We are tormenting you!"

Well, at least for ONCE we in Europe get a game before US. It's a constant pain in the a$$ that we usally don't.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yea, I'll probably end up using the GC controller most of the time just because with the GC controller, I can start kicking *** immediately when I buy the game. With the Wiimote/Nunchuk or Wiimote on it's side, I would obviously have to learn the new controls.

I

i8waffles612

Isnt the first online game for the Wii in the US Pokemon, which comes out June 25??

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yep, though Europe and Australia (and japan I presume) all have gotten Mario Strikers first.

I

i8waffles612

which is not fair..

I dont even know if I am going to try Pokemon

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master

why?

It's so...wrong. Not to say there's anything ACTUALLY wrong with that, but why did they change the order? Is there something special about America's Wii online service?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hey guys, miss me?

That whole server switch hit me HARD. I use AOL (don't laugh) and I dunno why, but SWF still isn't working for me on it.

I kept on checking back, and after 8 days I realized something must be messed up.
I don't know why I didn't try using IE before, but for some reason it works here but not on AOL. Anyways, I guess some computers take longer to update some DNS crap on sites than others, so that must be it. (Even though I don't see why IE would be working then. )

Anyways, I don't come bearing news, just wanted to let people know where I've been.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Actually Cashed, I was worried about getting an infraction about being off topic, so I was going to edit my post with discussion about the fact that 75% of hardware sales in Japan are from Ninty and the Wii, but the edit button doesn't work.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Nah. I'll just wait for strikers to get a taste of the online.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
LOL! And so Xbox slowly takes over this site as well.
I hate to say it, being a Nintendo fanboy and all, but the 360 is looking mighty tempting right now. The odd thing is that DDR gives me more of a reason than Halo 3.
Is anybody here other than me gonna try Pokemon just for the online?
I've seen from YouTube videos that the online for Battle Revolution is incredibly slow. The DS version of battling is superior in every single way. (I dont know about the whole friend codes/ random battles thing though.) Besides, there's no reason to get Battle Revolution if you dont already have Diamond/Pearl because all it is is an extention pack for the DS games.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Ah dear Yoshi, you're as clueless as always. DDR? Come on now.

What's Nintendo's next move anyway?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
nice sextuple post cashed, lolz.

so what's your guys take on the thing about kapplin, harrison, and that other guy maybe leaving nintendo? If they do, why on earth would they? The wii and dslite are selling so well, why would nintendo fire them/why would they quit?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hey GAW, I have that very same problem with DNS and it pisses me off so bad because I have to reboot my incredibly slow pc and hope the internet works after that.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
well, you know, they recently found a chip in the wiimote that has to do with recieving audio, so maybe it's got a mic in it. :D

I

i8waffles612

yeah, i was wondering that too, is that just a rumor? or can there actually be a built in mic??

because that would be cool... playing online in strikers yelling Bob cover me!!!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
From what I've read, it is not a mic itself, but it would allow a mic to be used through an attatchment, or something.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Something I don't understand: why isn't anyone using the Wiimote as a 3D analog stick?

Basically, imagine Smash Bros controls, except you get 3D movement. Hitting a button and flicking the Wiimote forward results in a forward attack, up results in an upward attack, side results in a sideways attack, etc. Now imagine this implemented in a free-roaming 3D adventure game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
MP3 is making the best use of motion sensing I've seen so far, it's brilliant. You should check the E3 demo on gamespot.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Something I don't understand: why isn't anyone using the Wiimote as a 3D analog stick?

Basically, imagine Smash Bros controls, except you get 3D movement. Hitting a button and flicking the Wiimote forward results in a forward attack, up results in an upward attack, side results in a sideways attack, etc. Now imagine this implemented in a free-roaming 3D adventure game.
like FDV pointed out, you can't do it that way. You have to do it like FPSs on the Wii are doing it, using the pointer. SImilar to how the DS does it, you can make the entire screen your stick.

but since we only have once screen, it would be annoying to have that cursor on there for anything but aiming and looking.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I understand what he's saying. The problem would be tilting the controller down, or towards your body. It Wiimote wouldn't be able to pick up the signal from that bar that sits on top of your TV. Interesting idea though.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Just thought I would let you all know that in the wii-k in review, Matt hinted that there is gonna be a Tales RPG coming to Wii.

That is all.

Top Bottom