• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
/is back from his medical mission

Hey guys. What's up?

Sorry to bring up some ancient history, but:

1) Tales of Symphonia sequel? Sorry about the spelling, it might be wrong, but can I have a link for this? I never played the first one, but, as you guys seem to love it, I'll add it to my list of GC games to buy. It's a short list right now, the number one spot going to Killer 7.

2) Project HAMMER being canned is bad news all around. I'm not sure if it ever looked all that great, but just knowing that there won't be another hardcore oriented game from Nintendo is cause enough for concern.

Sensai

Smash Master

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
^^^

Too bad Firefox SUCKS111!11!!!!!!!!!rofl!!! Opera, for the win, son.

Also, another game that I need to add to my list of GC games to get: Eternal Darkness.

[Edit:]

Did anyone notice that the No More Heroes website is now a countdown?

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/wii/nomoreheroes/

[Edit 2:]

Wii Mic? Check it.

http://www.wiiloaded.com/wii-news-Wii-Microphone---From-a-Nintendo-employee-a-9277
Opera is actually one of the worst web browsers having the lowest HTML functionality. Firefox is slightly better than IE7, and Safari is leetsauce. The Safari for Windows beta is awesome, but man Safari doesn't get along with SWF.

In Wii news; still waiting for a Wii game to buy.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
First of all, it's great to have you back Sensai.

Now, just listen to the last 8 or so minutes of the Wii-k in Review (I think it's the latest one, not sure) and it talks about RPG's on Wii. They said that a sequel to a RPG that came out the same week as Baten Kaitos would be coming to Wii. This is ToS, I'm sure of it- because I bought ToS on launch day, and I was deciding between it and BK.

Also, I don't really care about Project Hammer, (or M-08 or whatever) and that mic thing is awesome, but where did the pic come from? Is it real? Lastly, Cashed, you forgot to put AOL under Opera. (I use AOL btw- I really should change.

Sensai

Smash Master
I enjoy Opera...it's quick and customizable.

But honestly, I know it's not the best. I honestly wouldn't say it's that bad (as bad as you've put it). I'd love to see the charts or what have you.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
At least the ESRB doesn't flat-out ban games:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/797/797657p1.html

Manhunt 2 has been banned in the U.K. The BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) has only banned one game before, and this game was changed so it could be released. However, Manhunt 2 was so violent that the BBFC couldn't think of a way to make it acceptable That doesn't matter, though, because I doubt Rockstar would do something like tone down their most violent game ever.

I can see it now: Manhunt 2 smuggling.

I

i8waffles612

So i am getting paid $100 for my birthday, which was on the 12th, and I want to get two Wii games, since i still only have TP and Wii Sports and Melee.

SO I was thinking about getting 2 games, and i was thinking 1 was resident evil 4 wii edition? so what should my other be?

Should I not get resident evil 4 wii edition??

Or should i only get one game and wait for Strikers to come out?

Toilet Paper

Smash Journeyman
Waffles, you should save $50 for Brawl when it comes out, and the other $50 you can do whatever. If you have a DS, I recommend Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, if you don't have it. Or, with the $50, you could but a Classic Controller and get some Wii Points(if you have Wi-fi).

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Dude, Waffles, how are you not gonna get TP? Do you already have it on GC or something?

If not, that has to be one game. As for the other one, of current games out I would only really reccomend Red Steel and Super Paper Mario.

As for games soon to be released, I think you would be better off holding on 'till Corruption rather than pick up Strikers. Surely you'll be able to raise fifty more dollars before Brawl comes out.

Sensai

Smash Master
Strikers is really good, GAW. Trust me...I'll probably be picking it up, even though I've already played through it a billion times. Really really good...

I saw that Manhunt 2 thing. Kinda scary knowing that something as basic and as harmless as a video game can be taken away from an entire people at the drop of a hat...hope we're not next.

Waffles, if you never played RE4, then you should DEFINITELY pick up the Wii edition. I've bought the game three times already and will pick up the game as soon as I get a chance to run to Walmart. It's a great game...

So, that's 35 bucks down the drain. You've got enough for one full blown game. You already have TP. If you want more of a single player experience, I'd recommend Super Paper Mario, or even Red Steel. Probably not the latter unless you REALLY need an FPS fix and can't wait for Metroid Prime 3.

You could go the Classic Controller/VC route, too. Ocarina of Time is still great, and there are some true gems being released for the VC now (see ActRaiser).

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Well, a few hours ago, I was at Target, and I decided to check out the 360 demos. Nothing interested me, but the Xbox Live Arcade section had a demo, so saw what was in there. The demo turned out to be Geometry Wars. I freaking loved this game; I played the demo at least 7 times. And this was with the right analog stick missing (there was a metal stick there, so I had to [somewhat painfully] use that). Now I'm really excited for Geometry Wars for Wii.

Everybody go to your neighborhood target and check this game out!

EDIT: I think bartard of IGN said it best about Manhunt 2:
bartard (article comments) said:
thank god we have adults that decide what games are ok for adults to play

Doggalina

Smash Lord
So i am getting paid $100 for my birthday, which was on the 12th, and I want to get two Wii games, since i still only have TP and Wii Sports and Melee.

SO I was thinking about getting 2 games, and i was thinking 1 was resident evil 4 wii edition? so what should my other be?

Should I not get resident evil 4 wii edition??

Or should i only get one game and wait for Strikers to come out?
Strikers is a good bet, but it comes out July 30th.

If you want a good single player game, get Trauma Center. That game is amazing. It has a great story, and the gameplay is slick.

Resident Evil 4 is also a great buy. $30, amazing controls, great graphics, good story. It rocks.

Warioware is good, but too short. Whatever you do, don't get Monkey Ball; it's really clunky (if anything, get the original).

So, to sum things up, get Trauma Center.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I wanna buy RE4, but I just borrowed it like a month or 2 back, and clared it, even WITH the killer controllers I may find it somewhat boring seeing how I already cleared it, but being 20 bucks, its a good bargain...
Anyway if anyone DOES buy the game let me know how the games like with the new features...

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
if people are asking what they should get with theri X amount of dollars, what should I get with my $200 or so I have now?
I already have Twilight Princess, and I don't like FPS. at all.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Strikers is a good bet, but it comes out July 30th.

If you want a good single player game, get Trauma Center. That game is amazing. It has a great story, and the gameplay is slick.

Resident Evil 4 is also a great buy. $30, amazing controls, great graphics, good story. It rocks.

Warioware is good, but too short. Whatever you do, don't get Monkey Ball; it's really clunky (if anything, get the original).

So, to sum things up, get Trauma Center.

Sensai

Smash Master
So...

Manhunt 2 has officially been deemed worthy of a AO rating (says Kotaku). If it holds true, it will place it as one of the 24 games EVER to have gotten it...also, it means that Walmart/Target won't have it, along with other family-centric places. Basically, it's the kiss of death for retail.

...anyone else interested in the game now that they know it's that bad? I really could've cared less about it a week ago, but now that I know it's AO, I really wanna try it out.

Oh, only the Wii version is AO.

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
So...

Manhunt 2 has officially been deemed worthy of a AO rating (says Kotaku). If it holds true, it will place it as one of the 24 games EVER to have gotten it...also, it means that Walmart/Target won't have it, along with other family-centric places. Basically, it's the kiss of death for retail.

...anyone else interested in the game now that they know it's that bad? I really could've cared less about it a week ago, but now that I know it's AO, I really wanna try it out.

Oh, only the Wii version is AO.
I've never heard the game, Is there a reveiw for it anywhere?

And is there any other AO games for the Wii?

Sensai

Smash Master
There aren't any AO games for any new generation system.

Isn't it ironic that 'the kiddie system' is the first one to get an AO game? Anyways, it looked like Rockstar, the developer, might try and tone down the violence a little bit to dodge the AO bullet...they're either going to do that or attempt to appeal it to a higher board.

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
There aren't any AO games for any new generation system.

Isn't it ironic that 'the kiddie system' is the first one to get an AO game? Anyways, it looked like Rockstar, the developer, might try and tone down the violence a little bit to dodge the AO bullet...they're either going to do that or attempt to appeal it to a higher board.
I never understood how games got the AO rateing. I thought it was Sex, How can there be so much Violence that they made it AO?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
I never understood how games got the AO rateing. I thought it was Sex, How can there be so much Violence that they made it AO?
ESRB said:
AO (Adults Only) - should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.
That should answer your question. Manhunt doesn't have any graphic sexual content (to my knowledge), but the game is just a prolonged scene of intense violence.

Oh, and apparently, Nintendo won't license AO games.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
why would only the wii version be AO? you sure theres no sexual content involving the wii remote...???

haha but seriously, thats funny that nintendo wont liscnese AO games. they really are pushing for games that suit everyone in every department!

oh, and tommorow im getting RE4 wii edition (as well as reserving corruption). anyone else getting it?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, you can cut a dudes testys off. How's that for intense violence and nudity?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
pretty **** sure there aren't any AO games on the wii, yet

Last I heard, Sadness was inevitably getting AO, which makes it the only next-gen game to get it, and Wii specific. So much for the kiddy company. As much as it'd kill the sales to not be sold at wal*mart, I hope AO becomes less taboo. Some games need to be ****ing violent in order to be immersive.

I

i8waffles612

Thanks everyone for helping..

Dont worry i wont get the monkey ball game, it sucked.

I rented trauma center, wario ware, red steel, etc a while ago.

anyways thanks lol

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Last I heard, Sadness was inevitably getting AO, which makes it the only next-gen game to get it, and Wii specific. So much for the kiddy company. As much as it'd kill the sales to not be sold at wal*mart, I hope AO becomes less taboo. Some games need to be ****ing violent in order to be immersive.
I thought the Wii specific Manhunt 2 game also got that rating. In the very least, Manhunt 2 was banned in England (I am pretty sure) so you know it's good.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

This is what happens when you read the post right above you and pay attention to nothing else. NES, we've been talking about Manhunt 2 for about a page or so now...and yes, it was banned in the UK (actually, it wasn't given a rating making it illegal to sell it in the UK).

Sadness was just going to be M, wasn't it? Too bad that game's never coming out...'cause I had been a big fan of it.

What does the whole 'Nintendo won't license AO games' mean? Does it mean that if Manhunt 2 really does get AO it won't be released? Someone explain this to me?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I know Nintendo previously stated that they would not even allow certain games to be sold on their systems. Is this still true? I don't know.

@the person wondering why the Wii version was rated higher, it's pretty much a muder simulation game. I wasn't going to play this game when I first heard of it and I'm certainly not going to play it now.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I just got a Wii on Monday, and I got Super Paper Mario with it. It's crazy fun. But the flipping between 2-D and 3-D can make you dizzy as hell. I love the Pixls. And the control scheme is intuitive and easy.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
which raises a new question. If no more heroes is going to be as violent or mor so than manhunt 2.... wtf is going to be happening in it to make it as violent and will it be experiencing the same problems that manhunt 2 is with bannings and AO rating?

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
I know Nintendo previously stated that they would not even allow certain games to be sold on their systems. Is this still true? I don't know.

@the person wondering why the Wii version was rated higher, it's pretty much a muder simulation game. I wasn't going to play this game when I first heard of it and I'm certainly not going to play it now.
Omg thats crazy. I don't understand why there is a game based on murdering people :/

Doggalina

Smash Lord
which raises a new question. If no more heroes is going to be as violent or mor so than manhunt 2.... wtf is going to be happening in it to make it as violent and will it be experiencing the same problems that manhunt 2 is with bannings and AO rating?
I think Suda 51 was joking when he said that. Even if the game was bloodier than Manhunt 2, it wouldn't have the cold attitude towards killing that Manhunt 2 has. I think it was that attitude that got it the banning in the UK.

EDIT: It had better not get AO and thus not get licensed for Wii. No More Heroes is one of my most wanted games!

Top Bottom