• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sandy

Smash Champion
Pollen Sonata

Ooo! Another quirky game. I like 'em like that. Keeps things interesting.

Hope it gets published. Why do I rarely use a subject in my sentences?

There is a fact that has always disturbed me during pollen season.

"I am breathing in plant sex"

I

i8waffles612

^^^

That sucks. But, you're not missing all that much...get Mario Strikers when it comes out, but then go back to saving cash. Seriously. Wait for the bunch of decent looking games coming down the pipeline in a few months.

It seems that Ubisoft has apologized for rushing a bunch of hurried **** through the process and onto the Wii (read: bad ports).
http://kotaku.com/gaming/starboard/ubisoft-sorry-about-those-****ty-wii-games-264672.php

Activision has done the same, except for the GC. He says that they'll concentrate more on the Wii.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/confessional/activision-sorry-about-those-crap-cube-games-265067.php

Check out this game. I saw it yesterday, but didn't feel like posting it as it was a little too indie for me. Then I 'what the hell are you talking about'd myself and found it again, but on Kotaku now.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/impregnating/double-your-sonata-pollen-sonata-265045.php

Also, concerning the Wii Hardware rumor: another person, via Kotaku, has shed some light onto what it might be. The comment was pretty much 'hey it culd be this lol', but the link still contains some valuable information.

....except it's broken. Or it was when I clicked it earlier this morning. Click below for a look at what might be the beginning of a Wii headset...or something.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=18850
I know... i might as well return it.... (if i can find the receipt)even though HE is the one who wanted the wii the most before it came out....

and last sunday was his graduation party (high school) and he got $1890.... and he wont even spend 25 on half a game....

******.... i neve even liked him at all. he is the cheapest peice of crap ever..

and i meant 2 wii games and 1 gamecube game

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not into karaoke games so it won't really mean much to me, but it looks interesting.

I wonder if Nintendo plans to bring out another starfox, hopefully the next one will have more than 10 missions and co-op, online and offline, as well as more customizable versus mode. Too bad none of this will happen because Starfox will always be half baked.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
SOme kinda big news
cubed3 said:
Patrick Nagel, deputy marketing manager for Nintendo Germany, recently took part in a Q and A session in the Nintendo Center, according to NintendoCast. He revealed that with some luck Nintendo plans to publish Mario Kart Wii, and definitely release Metroid Prime 3 this year in Europe.

Certainly positive news, hopefully indicating some top names hitting the console towards the end of 2007.
Looks like Mario Kart Wii has been in the works for some time.

edit: as for starfox, they're running out of room for another one. SC:Command was confirmed as having no sequals (hence the radically different endings), but they're getting closer and closer to closing the gap between assault and command.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Really? That sucks, SF was my favorite series =( At least we get MK, which isn't higher on my list, but it's better than SF imo.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Really? That sucks, SF was my favorite series =( At least we get MK, which isn't higher on my list, but it's better than SF imo.
There is going to be a new Star Fox, it is a matter of when it's announced, which alterante ending to Command is the real ending, and when it is released. Nintendo's not about to kill it's 7th best selling series like that. Besides, there are lots of plot twists they have to work out with it. So I'll be willing to bet money there will be a Star Fox game on the Wii.

Mario Kart is the same as Star Fox, we're getting one for the Wii, it's just what it looks like, when it's announced, and when it's released. Same thing with basically ever unannounced Nintnedo major franchise and game series.

@ Sensai
Basically every 3rd party developer underestimated the Wii. Seriously, that is why all the ports to the Wii sucked, and the only real good 3rd party games thus far are Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Excite Truck and Trauma: Second Opinion. Apparently they should realize by now the Wii is far more sought after than the PS3, and that it is the fastest selling console system at the current moment, with about 7.5 million Wii's purchased (and a bit less than 3.5 million more 360's purchased).

Seriously though, all the 3rd party games other than those three were decent (RedSteel, Elibits, Madden 07), or sucked (*cough* Far Cry Vengance). Heck, in a interview, Miyamoto stated that 3rd party and developers didn't come in like he had hoped, in which he said that many third party developers used their 3rd or 4th strings=screwing us Wii owners over. Hopefully, now the 3rd party developers realize they actually need to make GOOD GAMES, versus giving us crap.

So ya, hopefully the 3rd party developers aren't lying to us, and realize they can make bank, like Ubisoft did with Excite Truck and Rayman: Raving Rabbids by making GOOD GAMES! Plus once Nintendo gets the WiFi online multiplayer up for the 3rd part developers, they'll get even more 3rd party support, possibly almost as much as the 360 right now.

Also the Wii needs a harddrive, otherwise Microsoft will murder them with online, and the PS3 could gain ground. Nintendo needs some harddrive to backup the Wii, along with GOOD online multiplayer in the WiFi+downloadable contnet to win this gen. I can't mention that enough, it's that important, the only more important thing than these are well...good games.

The VC definitely helps, but if the Wii got all this, plus a DVD player of some sorta (it should get Blu Ray to shut the PS3 fanboys up), and some or a lot of third party support (via good games, not crap like Far Cry Vengance) then the Wii will be competing with the 360 this gen, if not beating the 360.

Sandy

Smash Champion
IGN said:
Nintendo has also hinted that Wii owners may be able to connect a USB-powered external hard drive to Wii, although it has never officially announced compatibility. Supposing this does turn out to be true, an exciting number of storage options become available. Currently, a 100 gigabyte external USB hard drive retails for fewer than $100 on the market - and like SD cards - the cost will continue to decrease.
I can absolutely see this happening. I just hope that Nintendo has background downloading working before they start offering multi-gig downloads. Watching Mario hit blocks would get pretty boring after a few straight days.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
There is going to be a new Star Fox, it is a matter of when it's announced, which alterante ending to Command is the real ending, and when it is released. Nintendo's not about to kill it's 7th best selling series like that. Besides, there are lots of plot twists they have to work out with it. So I'll be willing to bet money there will be a Star Fox game on the Wii.
GAH!

Didn't I just say that they OFFICIALLY ANOUNCED that there would be no sequal to command?

every SC after this will come prior to command in the story line.

Sensai

Smash Master
ChRed, that's interesting. I hadn't heard that...definitely weird to hear. I didn't get ANY of the GC SF games...I need to, badly.

Excite Truck is 1st party, Johnknight1. So...mark that off your list. And I honestly think that Red Steel was not terrible. Most people gave up on it after the first 15 minutes, but it's really not all bad. It's actually got some kick-arse music and better Wii graphics then most other games...

SandTiger: From a long time ago (pre-Wii), Iwata went on record saying that any external harddrive would work with the Wii. Where is that? Who knows. Also: don't expect multi-gig downloads ever from them...

I

i8waffles612

So today i was going to rent a game... i went to a blockbuster, and i wanted mario party 8, if not there then super paper mario, if not there then another good game.... they had neither and all other games sucked...

so i went to another blockbuster, and they didnt have those two neither, so i got prince of persia.... but when i got to the cashier, she said i had to have my credit card for something, and i didnt have it on me.... so i ended up w/ nuthing...

1 hour wasted...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Sensei said:
And I honestly think that Red Steel was not terrible. Most people gave up on it after the first 15 minutes, but it's really not all bad. It's actually got some kick-arse music and better Wii graphics then most other games...
quoted for the truth
it had some flaws, but overall i liked it and am looking forward to the second one. online multiplayer, maybe better graphics, tighter controls, etc. are all things i'm hoping for but if it's no worse i won't be dissapointed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ChRed, that's interesting. I hadn't heard that...definitely weird to hear. I didn't get ANY of the GC SF games...I need to, badly.

Excite Truck is 1st party, Johnknight1. So...mark that off your list. And I honestly think that Red Steel was not terrible. Most people gave up on it after the first 15 minutes, but it's really not all bad. It's actually got some kick-arse music and better Wii graphics then most other games...

SandTiger: From a long time ago (pre-Wii), Iwata went on record saying that any external harddrive would work with the Wii. Where is that? Who knows. Also: don't expect multi-gig downloads ever from them...
Then I'll add Excite Truck to my good games on the Wii for by first or second parties' list. Red Steel was above average, but the cinemas sucked, and the multiplayer wasn't too good. I liked the music however, and graphics, well they were about average per se.

So here's my list of good 1st/2nd party Wii games thus far:
-tLOZ: TP: Reason enough to own a Wii!
-Super Paper Mario: Awsome, but not the best replay value
-Excite Truck: Basically psycho awsome, random fun, but not the best replay value
-Wario Ware: Smooth Moves: This game is awsome!
-??? Mario Party 8: It got good reviews, though I've yet to play it.

Good/decent 3rd Party games:
-Rayman: Raving Rabbids: Random like Wario Ware.
-Trauma: Second Opinion: I played this at a friend's house, and this game is pretty intresting.
-Red Steel: If you play this game 3 hours, you play it 10-20 more. Good gameplay, bu sadly the cinemas aren't impressive, and multiplayer isn't too good.

I'm not expecting multi-gig downloads, heck I think we'll be lucky if we get a few multi-mega bit downloads. But if Nintendo is serious about this gen in gaming, they need a harddrive, simple as that.

@ ChRed2AKrisp
Nintendo could change their mind, but there will more than likely be a SF game for the Wii, probably inbetween Assault and Command. Maybe we could get a Star Fox game even earlier in the Star Fox series timeline than that.

@ i8waffles612
That blows!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^ Oh god I hope that's true.
As do I, the Xbox Live system works very well, and if Nintendo made something like that for the Wii, well I'd be pretty happy. That would make us Wii owners pretty happy, and would be a huge step in the right direction by Nintendo with the Wii.

Lol Sensai, where do you find all this intresting stuff=??? :laugh: ;) :grin: :) :chuckle: :psycho:

Volrec

Smash Lord
Then I'll add Excite Truck to my good games on the Wii for by first or second parties' list. Red Steel was above average, but the cinemas sucked, and the multiplayer wasn't too good. I liked the music however, and graphics, well they were about average per se.

So here's my list of good 1st/2nd party Wii games thus far:
-tLOZ: TP: Reason enough to own a Wii!
-Super Paper Mario: Awsome, but not the best replay value
-Excite Truck: Basically psycho awsome, random fun, but not the best replay value
-Wario Ware: Smooth Moves: This game is awsome!
-??? Mario Party 8: It got good reviews, though I've yet to play it.

Good/decent 3rd Party games:
-Rayman: Raving Rabbids: Random like Wario Ware.
-Trauma: Second Opinion: I played this at a friend's house, and this game is pretty intresting.
-Red Steel: If you play this game 3 hours, you play it 10-20 more. Good gameplay, bu sadly the cinemas aren't impressive, and multiplayer isn't too good.

I'm not expecting multi-gig downloads, heck I think we'll be lucky if we get a few multi-mega bit downloads. But if Nintendo is serious about this gen in gaming, they need a harddrive, simple as that.

@ ChRed2AKrisp
Nintendo could change their mind, but there will more than likely be a SF game for the Wii, probably inbetween Assault and Command. Maybe we could get a Star Fox game even earlier in the Star Fox series timeline than that.

@ i8waffles612
That blows!

False.

10chars plz

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
I actually rented this game recently, and I have to say, it's pretty fun to play. (So far) I've done about two party modes with my friends, and it uses the Wii's motion censors pretty well. I'm gonna ask for it for my birthday just so my parents have some range on what to get me. I don't know if I'd recommend buying it with your own money. Since I haven't played it enough. >_>; But yeah... I might get back to you on that four months later. XD

Sensai

Smash Master
It all depends, honestly, on your taste. For me, mini-games are becoming boring, quickly.

Oh, question: where is Pikmin for the Wii? The motion sensing seems to go hand in hand with that series...y'think it'll be one of the 2008 'super titles?'

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hmm...the MP8 reviews were generally bad...
GameSpot-6.5/10
GemPro-4.5/5
IGN-5.20/10
1UP-5.5/10
GameTrailers-8.3/10
Nintendo Power-7.5/10

That's a bit below average, but I've yet to play it=why I put ??? before it's name.

@ Sensai
Where is Pikmin=ya, where is a Wii, or even DS Pikmin? If we got a Wii or DS Pikmin, that would be pretty sick! The Wii is just begging for a Pikmin game, as well as the DS.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Did anyone else see the update on Smashbros.com today? Wow! Really informative, telling us about Kirby and Pikachu. ****! Why can't we see some more good updates? Stages, characters, items, etc. I'm not saying they should give out all the info at one time, I just think that we're being told a lot of stuff we already know.

I

i8waffles612

Did anyone else see the update on Smashbros.com today? Wow! Really informative, telling us about Kirby and Pikachu. ****! Why can't we see some more good updates? Stages, characters, items, etc. I'm not saying they should give out all the info at one time, I just think that we're being told a lot of stuff we already know.
Im sick of yelling at people like you about these updates....

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously Primus fan, I know how u feel, were getting info we already know, but do u REALLY prefer 0 information til E3, or get some somewhat new info everyday til brawl is released?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
When Mario Strikers Charged gets released in the rest of the world, you just have to buy it. Please, do yourself the great favor and buy it. Please? I can't belive how good it really is.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
QQ more. Most games don't get jack **** for updates.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Nsiders... and any forum with the title smash in it. =)

There's lack of news today, I know Sensai's gone but what about everyone else? Are you guys out of info to?

I

i8waffles612

The new issue of EGM Magazine says and I quote:

(Brawl)
"Rumors continue to circulate that Nintendo's four-way fighter won't make it out this this year..."

Then it talks about Kojima recently been able to play the game and says it feels very complete and very fun and nintendo can put it out now and sell millions of copies..

but i doubt these rumors

it is most definatly coming this year

Sandy

Smash Champion
Nintendo Wii Fanboy said:
Okay, maybe everybody's going a little overboard with the chibi look. Sure, we understand that this is Harvest Moon and there's no reason for them to change anything, but after seeing the new trailer and screens, we started to realize that everything looks pretty familiar. Where have we seenthisstyle before ....

Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace
aside, since it gets a pass, do you think it's possible that after all these other tiny-people-games come out, we might have a short break from childlike characters? Don't get us wrong. We love their big heads like ice cream and think they're just as cute as can be. It's just everywhere. But don't let us distract you from what's important -- like the trailer after the jump and the fresh new gallery.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/photos/harvest-moon/

All farming chores will be performed with direct controller motions. To till the player's garden's soil, for instance, they will swing the controller like a hoe. To water their plants, players will tilt the controller downwards as they would a bucket. The controller is expected to be used similarly when fishing and taking care of animals.

A few face buttons will be used as well. Left and right on the d-pad will be used for cycling between tools. Pushing down on the d-pad will disable all tools. The A button will be used to perform an action of some form; it has been presumed that this will be a general button for speaking with people or entering buildings

Top Bottom